Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

quote:

Carrol must leave he is to weak for Liverpool and he is disturbing man .
We made a tremendous error when we sign him , 40 M for that poo poo ? how is it possible ?

Now if we sell him by 10 M is a lucky business .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

yeaahh goddamit!!!!!

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

quote:

Dear Robin, I hope all your hair turns grey.

quote:

Daniel Agger: *Ignores interest from City and gets YNWA tattooed on his knuckles*
Luis Suarez: *Ignores interest from several clubs and signs new long-term contract with Liverpool*
Frank Lampard: *Ignores interest from American and Chinese clubs to stay at Chelsea*
Edin Dzeko: *Ignores interest from AC Milan to stay at Manchester City*
Robin van Persie: *Says he only wants to win trophies with Arsenal in 2011, signs for Manchester United in August 2012*
RVP: Hey guys, can I-
Everyone: No. Go stand over there with Torres like the unloyal twat you are.

quote:

Van Persie… WHAT THE gently caress. MANCHESTER UNITED…

I HAD JUST BOUGHT A VAN PERSIE JERSEY AND YOU LEAVE…..

gently caress… AND NOW MAN CITY MIGHT NOT WIN BPL…..

gently caress
gently caress
gently caress

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Aug 16, 2012

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
RVP leaving Arsenal for Man Utd has left me, a grown adult who respects his right to set his own goals, feeling cold and dead inside. Last summer, after a succession of difficult summers where as one of the buyers of the most expensive season ticket in world football it had become increasingly difficult to maintain the pretence that we were seriously attempting to challenge for trophies, we went and sold Cesc and Nasri to rival clubs and before either had peaked. The floods of tears my poor 8-year-old son shed were replaced in the months that followed by elation that there was pride enough in the Emirates and with the emergence of a new superhero. I try to teach him values of loyalty, trust, teamwork, respect for those who've stood by you through hard times, values of resilience, hard work & honesty.

I've explained to him throughout the summer he needn't worry because when push comes to shove, our American billionaire's bigger than their American billionaire, and American billionaires' tend to get their way. I just checked in to kiss him good night, knowing he doesn't know what I know. I even caught a glimpse of his RVP poster above his bed in the moonlight as I shut the door. My mail is a request to all other Arsenal fans or fathers who post here. I can't enforce a media blackout on my son for as long as it'll take me to find the words, because frankly, I'm in shock. Help me out - what can I possibly say to my boy? How can I possibly make sense of it to him?

{from football365 mailbag)

Quasimango fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Aug 16, 2012

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Quasimango posted:

RVP leaving Arsenal for Man Utd has left me, a grown adult who respects his right to set his own goals, feeling cold and dead inside. Last summer, after a succession of difficult summers where as one of the buyers of the most expensive season ticket in world football it had become increasingly difficult to maintain the pretence that we were seriously attempting to challenge for trophies, we went and sold Cesc and Nasri to rival clubs and before either had peaked. The floods of tears my poor 8-year-old son shed were replaced in the months that followed by elation that there was pride enough in the Emirates and with the emergence of a new superhero. I try to teach him values of loyalty, trust, teamwork, respect for those who've stood by you through hard times, values of resilience, hard work & honesty.

I've explained to him throughout the summer he needn't worry because when push comes to shove, our American billionaire's bigger than their American billionaire, and American billionaires' tend to get their way. I just checked in to kiss him good night, knowing he doesn't know what I know. I even caught a glimpse of his RVP poster above his bed in the moonlight as I shut the door. My mail is a request to all other Arsenal fans or fathers who post here. I can't enforce a media blackout on my son for as long as it'll take me to find the words, because frankly, I'm in shock. Help me out - what can I possibly say to my boy? How can I possibly make sense of it to him?

{from football365 mailbag)

Son, I have some bad news. Your dad is a MASSIVE loving BELLEND.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
I was reading the Facebook comments on RVP joining Manchester United and this was liked 9 times by some loving idiots:

quote:

Typical Mancheat$ter U$hited!!!

:psyduck:

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Emerging markets are taking are clubs. Sure hope Rdogers can deliver those coveted woodwork hits for you Liverpool fans!

quote:

As a Liverpool fan since 1968 Dalglish's sacking ripped my soul out, especailly as it signified a submission by FSG to media hyperbole and the kneejerking of impatient Chicken Licken consumers from the emerging global markets. Ironically Dalglish epitomised Liverpool'sa USP, something the corporates should've recognised but failed to in their desperation to get Champions'' League cash to save them putting their own in - they swapped assets they gained as part of the cheap sale, Torres and Babel, for Suarez and Carroll with loose change back so the "£120m investment" thing is totally bogus. Dalglsih turned Carroll from "Waste of money" to, "Why isn't Hodgson playing Carroll inst'ead of that waste of space Rooney?" Rodgers doesn't need players like that. Y'know, talented, young, desperate to achieve, like FSG boasted they were all about when they bought the club.

Ah yes, Champions' Legue attracts players. They should ask Dirk Kuyt which he loves more: his Champions League loser's medal or his Carling Cup winner's medal.

FSG lied to us as they sipped Champagne in the Wembley dressing room that "progress" was what they wanted last season and that had been achieved. Now, apparently, Joihn Henry sees 4th as realistic last season but not this season. But Rodgers has the benefit of all the rebbuilding groundwork Dalgish took care of so he should be expected to deliver more. He'll have a big problem, though, delivering more attempts on goal, more time in opponents' half and more woodwork hits by knocking it about at the back for more possession. Hopefully he can do better turning possession into chances than he did at Swansea. Whatever, I won't be there to see it. It doesan't really feel like my club anymore. It belongs to the emerging markets now.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i f**king hate football. again. when will this poo poo end. btw, sick of players like gera scorin worldies against us. hate my life

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Are FSG, Jaimie K, and all who asked for Steve Clark and Kenny to leave,
watching this??? Kenny how things turn out right? I've said be careful of what
you ask for. Competition is clearly too steve for Brendon. Rodger out by Xmas?

Bring back Dalglish and we may yet have hope. If today's performance is
anything to go by (no defence, no attack), we can bye bye premiership next season. Good luck.

o_O

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/18/newcastle-united-tottenham-hotspur-premier-league

quote:

Gathering a deep cross from Simpson that appeared to have been headed to safety, Ba turned just inside the angle of the area, sized up the situation and beat Krul with a curling sidefoot shot as William Gallas was in the act of coming across to close him down.

Newspapers have really stopped giving a poo poo about having an editor check articles

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Hi I Don't Even Need An Account But Why Are U English Sunderland Fans So Deluded. Why Did You Hate Bendtner?? LMAO WHEN U R poo poo? U Can't Even See He Is Classes Above ur Team? And Sess??Stop Overrating This Guy LMFAO. U Will Get Relegated With This Squad.. I'd Also Like To Ask Why British People Are So Racist. It Is important To Have A Brittish Squad With A Brittish Manager And So On..... Embarrasing...
AND NOW U GO AND BUY THE REJECT SAHA.. LMAO.... Why Not Go Buy NickLas Helenius Of Aalborg Who Is An International Striker, And The Best In The Danish League By Far Will Go To Very Big Clubs In The Future Even I Can See That. And Don't Give Me That poo poo He Is Not A Proven Premier League Player. Accept The Premier League Is Full Of Mediocrity. And He Shits And Pisses On The Likes Of Saha And WICKHAM HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA... WTF? R U CLUELESS PEOPLE? FIre Ur Scouts, Fire Ur God MartinO'Neil Who Is AN Old Idiot . He Didn't Even Do Nothing In This Transfer Window And Now Ur Left With A Squad Who Couldn't Eve Compete for 1st Place In Denmark. U Will Get Relegated. loving NOOBS

Hard to argue with that tbh

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
That's how us Danes all talk

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Bland posted:

Hi I Don't Even Need An Account But Why Are U English Sunderland Fans So Deluded. Why Did You Hate Bendtner?? LMAO WHEN U R poo poo? U Can't Even See He Is Classes Above ur Team? And Sess??Stop Overrating This Guy LMFAO. U Will Get Relegated With This Squad.. I'd Also Like To Ask Why British People Are So Racist. It Is important To Have A Brittish Squad With A Brittish Manager And So On..... Embarrasing...
AND NOW U GO AND BUY THE REJECT SAHA.. LMAO.... Why Not Go Buy NickLas Helenius Of Aalborg Who Is An International Striker, And The Best In The Danish League By Far Will Go To Very Big Clubs In The Future Even I Can See That. And Don't Give Me That poo poo He Is Not A Proven Premier League Player. Accept The Premier League Is Full Of Mediocrity. And He Shits And Pisses On The Likes Of Saha And WICKHAM HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA... WTF? R U CLUELESS PEOPLE? FIre Ur Scouts, Fire Ur God MartinO'Neil Who Is AN Old Idiot . He Didn't Even Do Nothing In This Transfer Window And Now Ur Left With A Squad Who Couldn't Eve Compete for 1st Place In Denmark. U Will Get Relegated. loving NOOBS

Hard to argue with that tbh

he shits and pisses on the likes of Saha? sign him up

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

I want to murder everyone who read/edited this article before publishing it

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/32?cc=5901

ESPN FC United ffs...

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

rats off to ya posted:

ESPN FC United ffs...

"the Big Show in Brazil"

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Lamont Cranston posted:

"the Big Show in Brazil"

Now there's a reality show I'd watch.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

rats off to ya posted:

ESPN FC United ffs...

This is disgustingly stupid

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rats off to ya posted:

ESPN FC United ffs...

Reads like a school sports day newsletter

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

What exactly has Llorente done that Giroud hasn't? What skills does he have that Giroud doesn't? Having seen both players, I don't think he's better. Giroud might even have better technique.

I'd just like to thank Reddit for giving me something worthy of this thread.

wicka fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 21, 2012

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long
To be fair I'm not bothered about getting Llorente and a lot of that is because we have Giroud.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Redknapp is classic working class or blue collar man. Redknapp, without a doubt, is a man’s man. The type of guy you could joke around with or have a beer and talk about anything. Redknapp is the type of guy who wouldn’t take crap from anyone and would prefer to handle things old school. If you read his op-ed piece during the riots in London last year you would know what I mean. The man was very comfortable in his own body. Levy strikes me as a man who was insecure around Redknapp and felt threatened by his personality. Levy doesn’t seem like a person who is comfortable with who he is, and thus Redknapp had to go.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

trem_two posted:

Redknapp is classic working class or blue collar man. Redknapp, without a doubt, is a man’s man. The type of guy you could joke around with or have a beer and talk about anything. Redknapp is the type of guy who wouldn’t take crap from anyone and would prefer to handle things old school. If you read his op-ed piece during the riots in London last year you would know what I mean. The man was very comfortable in his own body. Levy strikes me as a man who was insecure around Redknapp and felt threatened by his personality. Levy doesn’t seem like a person who is comfortable with who he is, and thus Redknapp had to go.

I looked at some of that guys other articles and he's basically the dumbest FIFA spurs fan in the world

quote:

Barton, now being a free transfer target, would be very appealing to Spurs. Harry loves a good deal. Instead of money being spent on chasing Scott Parker, the transfer of Barton to Tottenham would save them money. Since Harry wanted to bring Parker to Spurs it indicates that he thinks more can be done in the midfield. I think injecting some new blood in the midfield would very helpful. Levy doesn’t like to spend money and desperately wants to balance the books at the club this would help. You secure a good quality player while saving money at the same time.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
A redditor reacts to Welbeck signing a new contract.

quote:

There goes his career. He'll never get a chance with Rooney and V Persie.

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug
The Case For Andy Carroll As A Defensive Midfielder.
Some will laugh, and I'll get some negs, but what the hell, here we go.

He's big, he can pass reasonably, he can be hard to get past, and he can get up the field and nod the ball in. We have a rich history of this sort of Centre Half / Defensive Midfielder. Think Emlyn Hughes, Ron Yeats, and Big Sami.

Is there a place for Carroll in Rodgers' new system?

Maybe there is?

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

Just get from mate. "Chelsea signed Moses, Arsenal want Jesus, And United have Judas." - Genius

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

How the **** do Liverpool get him with a buyout option? Seriously **** this ****

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

a bad poster yall posted:

Just get from mate. "Chelsea signed Moses, Arsenal want Jesus, And United have Judas." - Genius
Thats actually kinda funny imo

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

The Collector posted:

The Case For Andy Carroll As A Defensive Midfielder.
Some will laugh, and I'll get some negs, but what the hell, here we go.

He's big, he can pass reasonably, he can be hard to get past, and he can get up the field and nod the ball in. We have a rich history of this sort of Centre Half / Defensive Midfielder. Think Emlyn Hughes, Ron Yeats, and Big Sami.

Is there a place for Carroll in Rodgers' new system?

Maybe there is?

hahaha amazing

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
*endless rictus of death*

quote:

Can't sleep this looks like great news though. Pushes Gerrard forward and gives our midfield a playstation quality our passes on 'assisted', total control and domination.

Seriously can't wait to play United.

Just a centre forward now please?

'assisted'

why is it quoted?

total control

I can't

DOMINATION

There is now the one stat The Ray Parlour cares about and that is Domination. I should close this thread. look at the loving post. know that monsters lurk

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

quote:

Classic Mancini always the fool saying stupid stuff before his side play the opponent. Star studded team, Playing so much mind games with United and yet only winning on goal diff in injury time. Time to learn when is the right time and from the best man namely Fergie

Also, I don't know what's going on here:

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Aug 25, 2012

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Villa are loving awful, and to be fair iv always rated McLeish.. iv always thought if it wasnt him in charge last season would Villa have went down instead of him being at fault for Villa being down there

brapbrapbrap
Jan 18, 2010

by T. Mascis

TyChan posted:

Kate Upton on the bench ffs? And that Hudgens can only be 5ft nothing in goal?

Joke.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

TyChan posted:

triple h has tidied himself up a bit

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

kate upton on the bench and emma watson starting is a terrible decision

brapbrapbrap
Jan 18, 2010

by T. Mascis
It pisses me off that I know who so many of them are tbh, been subjected to far too many rubbish films and poo poo American TV programmes recently. Need to put my foot down tbh.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

brapbrapbrap posted:

It pisses me off that I know who so many of them are tbh, been subjected to far too many rubbish films and poo poo American TV programmes recently. Need to put my foot down tbh.

Hollywood is the ultimate foreign myth tbf

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

A thing that happens with terrible Bayern plastics around (the Martinez transfer):

Needledick
May 26, 2012
The football doesn't kick off for about 3 hours so I will use the time productively to place bad bets and get so drunk my attempts to walk resemble qwop

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Healbot posted:

A thing that happens with terrible Bayern plastics around (the Martinez transfer):

Yeah, like Robben would ever shoot first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
That, uh..isn't Robben.

Regardless, I think it's funny. Could've used Bilbao's crest on the Death Star though.