Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner

apophenium posted:

1920x1200 and yes.
Turn off antialiasing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed

The Gripper posted:

Turn off antialiasing.

That doesn't fix the text disappearing. With the resolution fix the text from messages left on the ground and the text underneath menu options doesn't appear.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Montez posted:

I'm having this weird camera issue where it pans down and starts slowly spinning if I'm not constantly adjusting it with the controller. Seems more intentional looking than a glitch, but I don't remember anything like that from the xbox version. Anyone else having a problem like this?

This is probably crazy, but did you by any chance have one of the thumbsticks off-center when you launched the game? I can't remember what it was, but something I played ages ago set the default centered position to wherever the stick was when it launched, so the neutral position would then tell the game to move in the opposite direction.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Bobnumerotres posted:

Please tell me more about that major game that-on day one-ran smoothly across all PC combinations.

Don't fight stupid with stupid.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Got im :c00l:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's a trick, get an axe.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Montez posted:

I'm having this weird camera issue where it pans down and starts slowly spinning if I'm not constantly adjusting it with the controller. Seems more intentional looking than a glitch, but I don't remember anything like that from the xbox version. Anyone else having a problem like this?

It is your mouse on the side of the window causing the camera to turn.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Has anyone with a C2D and/or 4870 or similar tried this and can report on the performance? My CPU and GPU both match the minimum specs but if that's not enough to hit 30 fps at low settings I'm not sure if it's worth buying now.

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

Welp this is goddamn amazing. It's not a big deal but since I installed that fix I can't read any orange soapstone messages

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
That mod is pretty sweet, but I think I'll wait until he fixes the text stuff. I don't want to miss things.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Using the resolution fix I can't read any messages and a lot of text doesn't pop up in general.

The keyboard + mouse controls are loving god awful. I'm also getting a ton of horizontal tearing.

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510
Hey all. I used MotionJoy for my PS3 controller but the button assignments are all goofed up in game. The controller works and that's great but I have no idea how to reassign buttons without going into MotionJoy and dicking around with that. Any tips?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Holy poo poo, I just defeated that first big knight guy whose guarding a ring and looked what he dropped.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Blacktoll posted:

Holy poo poo, I just defeated that first big knight guy whose guarding a ring and looked what he dropped.

You lucked out. Get some strength.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Blacktoll posted:

You're pretty lucky, that's one of the best swords in the game I think, provided you can lift and swing it.

edit: I love how it looks like a normal longsword, and black knights can swing it like a normal longsword, but to you it's the size and weight of a claymore.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 24, 2012

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Well, at least I know what direction I'm going with this guy.

EBT
Oct 29, 2005

by Ralp
So just right off the bat, it doesn't seem to like ds3tool, most of the buttons work right but it refuses to knowledge the sticks at all, anyone found a work around for this yet?

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Has anyone tried to join the gravelord servants yet? I'm having a problem. Spoiler just to be safe.got in the coffin for a couple of minutes and nothing happened.

Montez
Sep 15, 2003

Frog blast the vent cores!

CountingWizard posted:

It is your mouse on the side of the window causing the camera to turn.

This was it, thanks. The mouse cursor was showing even in fullscreen mode so I moved it off to the side.

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
Can anyone describe the matchmaking From promised? A friend of mine playing the game says there's nothing of the sort.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Is there a way to fix the horizontal tearing going on? Not using the resolution fix.

Is it just an issue with the game being windowed?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

DoubleWelp posted:

Can anyone describe the matchmaking From promised? A friend of mine playing the game says there's nothing of the sort.
I thought that was just for the special PvP arena.

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010
Well, I fixed my controller issues. It turns out that having a Wii Remote synced to the computer at all was breaking things.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Depths posted:

Holy crap, what mess this port is. I really hope they atleast patch some of this poo poo because ive been itching to play more ever since i finished the game on my 360.

I'm afraid to read this thread because I don't want ANY gameplay spoilers whatsoever, yet I can't play until I get home tonight. Can you say anything else? Anything we didn't know about before release?

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
So far things are going well. Except I can't actually start the game up. Crashes when I try to play it (Steam version). Verifying the game cache now, then going to restart Steam. :(

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

Nut Better posted:

Is anyone else having an issue with the resolution fix where messages on the ground aren't displayed? It shows the little knight icon but no text actually appears.

Yeah, I'm having that problem also. I'm not super upset about not being able to see messages, but the mouse cursor thing is driving me up the loving wall.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

L-O-N posted:

Has anyone tried to join the gravelord servants yet? I'm having a problem. Spoiler just to be safe.got in the coffin for a couple of minutes and nothing happened.

Don't you need at least one of the covenant specific items for it to proc. trying to be as vague as possible.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Loving that all information related to control issues on other forums boils down to "use a controller". Hmm, if I had a controller I'd probably have the console that goes with it and would have already played this game on said console. I'm sure not going to throw good money after bad and buy a controller just for this, so here's hoping they fix the very basics for keyboard and mouse (like not having the cursor on screen and tutorials showing the wrong keys).

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

FallenGod posted:

Loving that all information related to control issues on other forums boils down to "use a controller". Hmm, if I had a controller I'd probably have the console that goes with it and would have already played this game on said console. I'm sure not going to throw good money after bad and buy a controller just for this, so here's hoping they fix the very basics for keyboard and mouse (like not having the cursor on screen and tutorials showing the wrong keys).

Dude, buy a controller. I'm not saying this because of Dark Souls. Every PC gamer should own a controller. Logitech F310, Xbox 360 controller, PS3 controller with MotionInJoy, whatever. Get a controller. I have a controller and haven't owned an Xbox in years.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I can't think of a single PC game I would need or want a controller for beyond bad ports that didn't implement mouse controls correctly. Sure, maybe 10 years ago when more than one flight sim or racing game would exist at a time (or be worth playing). But I'm not exactly going to buy a controller and fire up DotA 2 or World of Tanks with it.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Started as a thief and the first thing I did was ran to the valley of the drakes and grabed Astora's Straight Sword. Pumped up my faith and the heavy attack thrust on this is crazy! I feel so OP!

koze
Jul 17, 2009
Interesting thing happened while fighting The Gargoyles.

I was assisting some dude, and we were beating up the first gargoyle no problem, but I got a bit confused because the second one didn't show up. After we kill the first gargoyle I look up at the bell tower, and the second one is stuck up there on the geometry. He eventually gets loose and falls to the ground and dies. Never seen that happen on the PS3 before, so maybe we'll get plenty of new bugs with this version.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

FallenGod posted:

The beauty of PC gaming is that you can create a game tailored for whatever input system you want. Do you also get mad at flight sims because you need a flight stick?

Also, there are controllers out there that aren't console controllers, you know. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-940-000110-Gamepad-F310/dp/B003VAHYQY/ref=pd_cp_e_1

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

FallenGod posted:

I can't think of a single PC game I would need or want a controller for beyond bad ports that didn't implement mouse controls correctly. Sure, maybe 10 years ago when more than one flight sim or racing game would exist at a time (or be worth playing). But I'm not exactly going to buy a controller and fire up DotA 2 or World of Tanks with it.

I would go further and say I've never even played a console game where I wouldn't rather be using a keyboard and mouse provided they properly implemented the controls.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Anyone tried out the resolution fix on a 27 or 30" screen?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

FallenGod posted:

What? Most PC gamers these days own a controller, there are a lot of games that simply play better with them and its a good investment to make. A 2nd hand wired xbox controller will set you back about £10.

This game was designed around playing with a controller. Playing it with a K/M is like trying to play Street fighter with a steering wheel. It's certainly doable but you might well struggle.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 24, 2012

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So every bonfire I find will give me 5 Estus Flasks right?

And if I "Kindle" them, they'll boost up to more flasks?

Kindled the first fire I found in Blighttown, and it's now giving me 10 Flasks every time I go to it. Wondering if I should be mainly focusing on Kindling the main fires for each zone, or easy to get to ones or something.

Does being human get you any inherent benefit? So far seems like Kindling everything would be a solid use of Humanity.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
Trying to set up a PS3 controller with this and having some odd camera issues. Whenever I hit R2 or L2 the camera pans to the associated side, which obviously is a huge problem. I already turned off the sixaxis tilting that was also controlling the camera, but I can't figure this one out for the life of me. I'm using the latest version of Motionjoy if that's any help.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Please, please someone, is there anything I can do to get this game to run with a PS2 controller? I tried motioninjoy and it doesn't work 'cause it's a PS2 controller, and dark souls doesn't recognize anything by default other than button 1 and the Dpad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Rookersh posted:

So every bonfire I find will give me 5 Estus Flasks right?

And if I "Kindle" them, they'll boost up to more flasks?

Kindled the first fire I found in Blighttown, and it's now giving me 10 Flasks every time I go to it. Wondering if I should be mainly focusing on Kindling the main fires for each zone, or easy to get to ones or something.

Does being human get you any inherent benefit? So far seems like Kindling everything would be a solid use of Humanity.
There are specific bonfires at hub areas that you will want to upgrade, while others are kind of peripheral and aren't worth it. Unfortunately which is which won't be immediately obvious, but will be once you start opening up shortcuts and stuff.

Being human means you can summon people to help you, so yes, it is important. Humanity itself (the number in the upper left) affects your resistance to cursing. You'll really like cursing once you run into it.

• Locked thread