Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

as it stands i'm just hard beyond words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Catsworth posted:

I call Meat Lord, 2nd most powerful Master of Meat.

I actually have a character named Meat Master, who is MASTER OF MEAT, so that's okay with me!

ps: STALKERS
gently caress YEAH

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
In their attempts to make Snipe powers more attactive, they've been trying to help archtypes get to that magic 22% to hit level. Arbiter Hawk's idea makes Dominators even better than before:

quote:

Dominators - Domination will apply a 25% ToHit buff for 15 seconds following its activation. This will enable Dominators access to fast-snipes on a regular basis without forcing them to do things like find amplifiers and use the Siren's Call IR Goggles. At the same time, Dominator snipe powers are already very potent due to their 20 second recharge, so Domination's 200 second recharge time feels like the right place to put access to this feature for the Dominator AT. This also has the happy side benefit of hopefully mitigating those annoying moments where you pop your big cooldown (Domination) and your first three or four attacks all miss. I'm sure that happens to more people than just me...
Well, that's loving awesome. How about for Blasters?

quote:

Some Blasters don't feel that the high values of damage they can do with snipes outweigh the extra ToHit that Corruptors and Defenders can generate via team buff powers.

In order to address this concern, I'm adding an additional mechanic to Blaster snipes: for a short time after firing a successful snipe, the Blaster will have a +Range buff applied to them. Initial numbers will be for 10 seconds after sniping, the Blaster gains a +50% Range buff - this bumps 80 foot blasts up to 120 feet before enhancement, which is approximately the range needed to hit a target you've just sniped from max range as they close the distance with the caster.
I'm not sure how good this is.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

It will be nice solo, but probably make little to no difference on most teams. At least they're trying, though.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
How often is that kind of range going to come in handy? Whenever I've had a problem on a ranged character, the answer never was 'drat! If only I had moved farther away after I sniped.'

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

as it stands i'm just hard beyond words

The thought of running Yin can do that.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Fearless_Decoy posted:

How about for Blasters?
I'm not sure how good this is.

It's not bad - it means you can fire off a couple of follow-up blasts after the snipe, since your single targets will be up to 120ft. Useful for making sure the target's dead. Also useful if you're cone-heavy. AR can snipe/Full Auto at range. Not a great buff, but it at least has some usage if you're determined to hang way the gently caress back.

It's still a joke that the big blaster buff is both a pain to use and mostly benefits defenders.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Blaster snipes, when used by a blaster, should be capable of killing any one thing under (but not including) an elite boss of the same level of the blaster.

There, blasters fixed forever.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Slung Blade posted:

Blaster snipes, when used by a blaster, should be capable of killing any one thing under (but not including) an elite boss of the same level of the blaster.

There, blasters fixed forever.

Well... Okay. But only as long as defenders and corrupters can kill two guys at once with their snipes.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
As I usually solo, I like the new range buff for Blasters

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Great time on that Yin TF everyone, we're getting fast.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Mind over Matter posted:

Paging Cleretic to the thread for increased hilarity and creepiness.

Stop making me want to resub you guys. You too Legitimate Ape, you're not helping.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
Ummm that is a massive buff to doms.

Dark/Fire/Ice with Snipe/afk-permadom.

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/down...0A9FF0553D3FAFF

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 24, 2012

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
They're trying hard to make people want to resub to play the new martial sets for blasters and doms

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Ummm that is a massive buff to doms.

Dark/Fire/Ice with Snipe/afk-permadom.

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/down...0A9FF0553D3FAFF

Yeah, but it's not a permanent ToHit buff, just for the first few seconds after hitting Domination. Unless that build brings the Dom recharge time down to 15 seconds, of course...

Sharrow
Aug 20, 2007

So... mediocre.

Cyntalan posted:

The latest in bios.

A CHALLENGER APPEARS

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Didn't I read earlier that loving CLOAKING DEVICE was the 'this power is what you need to get a recovery bonus' deal for Devices? If so, what a joke. Please activate this high endurance, near useless toggle for a slight recovery buff. My AR/Dev skipped it, and I sure as hell don't need it to stealth PvE, even my poor and lazy as was able to easily grab a stealth Proc to put into Super Speed with Hero Merits.

Even if I'm wildly off, I still stand by my statement that Cloaking Device is useless unless you just want something to be a Set holder.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I disagree with you on those opinions, but I don't mind. The point I want to correct, though, is that Cloaking Device will be free (and renamed) after i24. You'll get the recovery/regen, the defense, and the stealth all for no endurance.

Also it's a good LOTG mule.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

It's stealth, defense, a good amount of regen, and more recovery than Stamina offers. Pretty sure the endurance cost for the sustain powers went down as well, but I know they're all off set by the recovery boost.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Mind over Matter posted:

I disagree with you on those opinions, but I don't mind. The point I want to correct, though, is that Cloaking Device will be free (and renamed) after i24. You'll get the recovery/regen, the defense, and the stealth all for no endurance.

Some days, it's good to be spectacularly wrong. Though my silly funtimes AR/Dev build probably couldn't fit Cloaking device into it anyways. Unless I got it at lv 49 instead of the joys of LRM Rocket.

But it is still a very good thing to hear for Devices.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

LaserShark posted:

Yeah, but it's not a permanent ToHit buff, just for the first few seconds after hitting Domination. Unless that build brings the Dom recharge time down to 15 seconds, of course...

Ugh never mind.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
They should make snipes on a blaster debuff the target's res for a while since they're pretty much the only AT that doesn't have a res debuff and it's one of the main reason they're poo poo.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Mind over Matter posted:

I use Cloaking Device for holding LotG. Having it drop to no Endurance will just make it better.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Sharrow posted:

A CHALLENGER APPEARS

He clearly states he's the most powerful /mortal/ wizard of all time, it's fine.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Ran across this strange person on Freedom. Level 50 Character who was in Siren's Call when they started insistent on joining our little team, sending tells to the lv 14 player, so "send tell to leader" seemed out of their knowledge. So I look em up on find, see their search comment "NO AE", and invite them from their location of Siren's Call. Imagine each comment from Heart Of The City taking a no less than thirty seconds between them, and up to over a minute to be made. (Except EVERY1 PLZ, that took ten seconds between each).

So they go into the mish with us finally, scream STOP as soon as they get inside, spam the EVERY1 PLZ, Drop team then give us a few buffs before running off ahead. They didn't go very far it seems, because no doors along the way were opened and a quick check of the find showed that they were back outside in founders falls a minute later.

I don't even know what to make of this beyond 'Just some idiot'?

We took to going PLZ! amongst ourselves after they left

"I'm gonna Aim+Blizzard these guys"
"PLZ!"

Fake Edit: This is what I pretend every "PvP IOs Respec Build which would be useless for leveling or lower content" user is like in my head.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Aug 24, 2012

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

OneEightHundred posted:

They should make snipes on a blaster debuff the target's res for a while since they're pretty much the only AT that doesn't have a res debuff and it's one of the main reason they're poo poo.

Unless you're beam rifle or sonic. (Or dual pistols but who wants to play that lovely set.)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Guys, help, I might actually want to play Mace now.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
I really, really wish that was an Arachnos mace.

Rixen
Feb 18, 2005

Have you had your Reich today?

Dinictus posted:

I really, really wish that was an Arachnos mace.

I wouldn't be surprised if they get it. They got every other T9 VIP mace, after all.

Unless that's not T9 VIP. 'Cause I dunno what it is, but I like it.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

I have a question for the character build theory crafters: I was looking over the overgrowth power on a defender, and it says it gives +82.5% damage and you can slot it to reach enough +tohit to let you hit the instant snipe threshold with a kismet proc. With enough recharge it looks like you can make it near permanent... And then there's the +30% damage bonus defenders get from soloing. This sounds kind of fun, which usually means I'm overlooking some sort of horrible catch. What say ye?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

As far as I know, I haven't seen a catch other than the fact it has a high end cost to cast. Overgrowth is just a pretty good buff. I pretty much cast it on cooldown on my Necro/Nature.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Sorry to link image after image, but this one was too good to pass up.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I'd wonder if that bio dated back to i3, but it mentions global names. And clearly he has early access to the blaster butthurt secondary.

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

global names were in i3, pvp wasn't in until i4 though

and i'm not sure when concles was added.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Mind over Matter posted:

Oh my god, I can't believe I pissed someone off enough to get a mention in their bio.

This is like christmas and my birthday rolled into one.

That dude acts just like an autistic child. I'd feel bad about making fun of him if he weren't such an unlikable douche.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

General Maximus posted:

Unless you're beam rifle or sonic. (Or dual pistols but who wants to play that lovely set.)

You make me sad :(

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Mind over Matter posted:

Yes! YES! It's everything I've ever dreamed of!

Here's from where it happened in case you missed it:

Concurred fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Aug 24, 2012

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Concurred posted:

Yes! YES! It's everything I've ever dreamed of!

Here's from where it happened in case you missed it:

Every time you say "go on" during an exchange like that I smile.

:unsmith:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Fuckin Underground Confusion Room.

Goddamn but I'm a fuckin bitter manchild over that Room Full Of Confusion, gently caress You All Without Specific T4s at the end.

Not over players having or not having the ability to protect on them, but for that THING being there in the first place. I find it hard to blame the League for a wipe over something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

as far as i can tell it's about failing the bomb badge not the confusion room.

• Locked thread