Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I get a really warm feeling whenever I hear the top Bell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

">Discussion on numerous hacking boards that it will be possibly in the next week at the latest of BEING ABLE to invade someones game even if they're not Human."

What the gently caress :(

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Great! Dear Filthy Monkey: Get hosed, don't post that poo poo here.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

I'm streaming the PC version with the DSfix installed if anyone wants to watch. :shobon:

http://twitch.tv/gyoruspy

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

">Discussion on numerous hacking boards that it will be possibly in the next week at the latest of BEING ABLE to invade someones game even if they're not Human."

What the gently caress :(
It's only been out for an hour...

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
Wow, that's just the worst. I hope there's some detection in place so Steam/GFWL can start banning people asap.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Holy poo poo! I think they fixed the DWGR. I'm 31.0/79.5 and I'm not flipping!

EDIT: Confirmed, you need to be under 25% encumbrance.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Oh snap, what up.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

My pre-order with GMG hasn't showed me the key yet... A friend of mine pre-ordered and got his hours ago, and another friend just bought it and got his key immediatly. Should I be creating a ticket with them now?

Myriad
Apr 26, 2010
Nobody wants to summon my SL12 guy for the Gargoyles :negative:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

MysteryNad posted:

Holy poo poo! I think they fixed the DWGR. I'm 31.0/79.5 and I'm not flipping!

EDIT: Confirmed, you need to be under 25% encumbrance.

I don't understand what this means.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Great! Dear Filthy Monkey: Get hosed, don't post that poo poo here.
The only thing the one I made does is gives souls at the moment. Nothing you couldn't do with the dragon head glitch or farming for a few hours.

Trust me, things are going to get a lot worse than that when people really start hacking their characters.

Like I said, I envision somebody making a program which scans incoming invaders to check to see if their stats are hacked. That is assuming that stats are sent to the host, which they are probably are.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 24, 2012

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
If this time next week the game is unplayable online due to hacks I'm asking for a refund. The port is good enough and this is still my second favorite game of 2011 but that poo poo is unforgivable.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

I don't understand what this means.
Dark Wood Grain Ring. You need to be under 25% encumbrance to get the most out of it.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
I really doubt that this game will have any sort of anti cheat seeing as how they couldn't even unlock the frame buffer

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

homeless snail posted:

Dark Wood Grain Ring. You need to be under 25% encumbrance to get the most out of it.

Oh, that clears that up.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

wisdomHNOX posted:

Don't you need at least one of the covenant specific items for it to proc. trying to be as vague as possible.

Wow, I never knew that. Thanks

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Oh man being summoned is such a fun way to farm souls.

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000
Jesus, I just bought the game and what a freaking lazy port. They didn't even bother to rename the button prompts. Nor can I get rid of my mouse cursor on screen.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Lysandus posted:

Oh man being summoned is such a fun way to farm souls.
I love helping people with co-op, it's my favorite part of the game. Too bad at least on the consoles, you're going to have like a 25% successful summon rate (not that you can tell from the being summoned side, all you know is that you stand around for ages waiting).

DrPastah
Mar 12, 2012

A HUMAN SHITSTAIN

I literally believe that vaccines cause autism, and that fluoride is a government conspiracy to placate the masses.

I am too stupid to know how to validate my own ideas and just assume them to be valid without any proof.
I feel so ripped off. The controls are so bad. It's like I'm playing on a super nintendo emulator using just my keyboard except making it 10x harder.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Any idea if all this hex editing stuff is bannable through GFWL? As silly as that sounds.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

That Gobbo posted:

Any idea if all this hex editing stuff is bannable through GFWL? As silly as that sounds.

I'm no microsoft engineer but all signs point to no.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Is it not possible to get that drake sword from the dragon at the bridge now? I shot 100 arrows at his face and nothing.

Derkinstacker
Dec 30, 2008

homeless snail posted:

Really? That kind of defeats the purpose of the ring doesn't it? The flip is cosmetic at that point.

Sheep posted:

Is it not possible to get that drake sword from the dragon at the bridge now? I shot 100 arrows at his face and nothing.

You have to shoot the tail, not the face.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The flip has more invulnerability frames than the regular roll, and less recovery, IIRC.

Sheep posted:

You need to shoot the tail:ssh:

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

homeless snail posted:

I got it by just shooting the head on PS3 like four weeks ago though?

Also :lol: at some German fixing the resolution before the game even releases. Way to completely show up the developers.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010

Sheep posted:

You need to shoot off the tail.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So this game doesn't have any strange autofail things right?

Most Japanese games tend to love stuff like this, so I'm a bit wary. I don't want to pump 30-40 hours into this game, get to the ending, then get told that since I was using Undead Souls that I found to get lots of souls for levels, I'm a horrible person and I could have been saving them, so I get the "bad" ending. Or that since I said no to Solaire when I first met him he'll actually die now and I'll get the "bad" ending 30 hours from now.

Also how viable would it be to pump Resistance/Endurance to 20ish, pump Strength/Vitality up to 20ish, then pump Resistance/Endurance/Strength up to 30ish. I just want to be the knight, I don't need spells, or fancy magic, or fancy dodge moves besides roll. Just wondering what my stats will be looking like by the endgame here before I just start putting everything into specific things. Again, I'd just rather not lock myself out of a section of the game because I don't do enough damage since I've been putting everything in to End/Res.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

So... I just got the Black Knight Greatsword. Is this thing worth getting 32 strength for?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sheep posted:

I got it by just shooting the head on PS3 like four weeks ago though?

Also :lol: at some German fixing the resolution before the game even releases. Way to completely show up the developers.
That seems very odd to me, since the sword IS its tail.

Blacktoll posted:

So... I just got the Black Knight Greatsword. Is this thing worth getting 32 strength for?
Yes.

Did they jack up the drop rates for black knight weapons? That's two people in two pages that got them and I have never gotten one before the very end of the game myself.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

homeless snail posted:

Does this have to be with an arrow or can I use a fireball?

magicaldinosaur
Jun 29, 2012

by angerbot

dhkx posted:

Anyone unable to download it from Steam? I pre-ordered a couple days ago and while it no longer says pre-order in the Library now, double-clicking it does nothing. Is there another way to install that I'm missing?

I dunno if it's been answered yet, but restart Steam and you'll be good to go.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Augh how could I forget these dart shooters in Blighttown? :argh:

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

Rookersh posted:

So this game doesn't have any strange autofail things right?

Not for the endings no. And anything you missed on the first play through can be gotten on the second.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

That Gobbo posted:

GFWL has no cheat protection or hack detection. It is literally the same service from 2006 and is outdated as gently caress. Which is why valve made Steamworks, because Microsoft can't get it's head out of it's rear end and make their service not suck.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:
This looks terrible and runs terrible, I can't play a game where I need to dodge, block and strike with 20 FPS's, even though I updated my video card two months ago.

So glad I got this gifted to me instead of actually pre-ordering it. A friend of mine seems to be having consistent fps even with a worse video card than mine, as expected from bad ports, naturally.

Unplayable at this point, might ask for a refund.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Samurai Sanders posted:

That seems very odd to me, since the sword IS its tail.
Yes.

Did they jack up the drop rates for black knight weapons? That's two people in two pages that got them and I have never gotten one before the very end of the game myself.

More than likely, I had 6 humanities when I killed him. I think that they jacked up the item discovery rate via humanities?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SNARF SNARF SNARF posted:

Unplayable at this point, might ask for a refund.
That's why I am so hesitant. I've already gotten one refund from Steam due to bad performance (GTA4), there's no way they would offer me another one. I wish there was a demo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I love helping people with co-op, it's my favorite part of the game. Too bad at least on the consoles, you're going to have like a 25% successful summon rate (not that you can tell from the being summoned side, all you know is that you stand around for ages waiting).

It's great. I wish you could do it without your soul level affecting it.

• Locked thread