Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Annie please don't die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bad dog, bad dog! :stonk:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo that looks eldritch as gently caress.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Holy crap Ysengrin!! He's completely snapped, and that second to last panel...O dear.

:suspense:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

:stare:

Jones please help.

Jones. Do the thing. Help.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Don't run, that makes dogs chase you!

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Pester posted:

Don't run, that makes dogs chase you!

Yes, but it's fairly effective against trees. Not sure about Dog/Man/Tree abominations though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Annie broke him. He doesnt want to be a man any more.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dr Pepper posted:

Pretty sure Coyote knew this would happen.

So yeah, he's not going to deal with it.

If he knew it would happen then I'm pretty certain he'd deal with it, at least at the very last possible second. He guaranteed her safety, and Jones seemed pretty confident that he'd follow that if he said it.

That said, my money is - as usual - on beacon. Coyote, Jones, running to the Village, or Annie Fire are also possibilities.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
He seems to be popping back into dog form. I don't think there's any real threat to Annie.

:ohdear:

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

It's scary, but I'm actually more worried about Ysengrin. Crazy dogs get put down, which is what I imagine will happen if he chases Annie all the way back to the bridge.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
No Ysengrin, it's not the moment to channel Faceless from Spirited Away.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Iceclaw posted:

No Ysengrin, it's not the moment to channel Faceless from Spirited Away.

I was thinking more the tatari gami (cursed gods) from Princess Mononoke

Either way, not a good thing to be on the wrong side of

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Well so much for Ysengrin being friendlier and cuddlier.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

YF-23 posted:

Well so much for Ysengrin being friendlier and cuddlier.

The more arms to HUG YOU WITH!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ysengrin this is not how you treat your friends.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Dodgeball posted:

The more arms to HUG YOU WITH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVgqhPqHPa4

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

Eldritch wolf is cooler than bipedal tree man anyhow. :colbert:

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

GRUUH!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

MikeJF posted:

If he knew it would happen then I'm pretty certain he'd deal with it, at least at the very last possible second. He guaranteed her safety, and Jones seemed pretty confident that he'd follow that if he said it.

That said, my money is - as usual - on beacon. Coyote, Jones, running to the Village, or Annie Fire are also possibilities.

You forgot one, Annie still has her snap-stick of greater summon Jimmy Jims (hopefully :ohdear:), and I think this would be a great time for Eglamore and Ysengrin to have a kickin rad duel.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

But if she summons a human to beat him down, he'll hate it even more! :ohdear:

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

I wonder if she will accidentally break the stick while trying to flee/contain the situation, making this already tragic situation even worse for everyone. :smith:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Fellis posted:

You forgot one, Annie still has her snap-stick of greater summon Jimmy Jims (hopefully :ohdear:), and I think this would be a great time for Eglamore and Ysengrin to have a kickin rad duel.

That's the distress beacon I was referring to.

cforrester
Apr 3, 2007

We thought the Lord was gonna call Joel home until we got this card. Cambot, can we show a picture of this one?
I'm starting to question their friendship, you guys. :smith:

Man, Annie really hosed up this time. Ysengrin completely hates being pushed to the tattered edges of his increasingly tenuous grip on sanity.

cforrester fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Aug 24, 2012

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

MikeJF posted:

That's the distress beacon I was referring to.

Ah, I thought you were talking about her throwing up a beacon with her blinker stone. Apologies.

Nettle Soup posted:

I didn't even think of that! :gonk:

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Maybe he just needs spankies?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Nettle Soup posted:

That's probably what coyote intended, or at least something along those lines

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Well, worst case scenario, he IS made mostly of wood.

So, you know: Easily flammable.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wood doesn't work like that. Annie would be long dead before the fire would actually kill Mr Tree Wolf.

Coyote set this scene up for a reason. I'm going to wait for the outcome to know why.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Living, damp wood isn't as easily combustible as everyone seems to think it is.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Living, damp wood isn't as easily combustible as everyone seems to think it is.

Yeah, it works in Pokemon or something, but living wood is actually pretty hard to set on fire, presumably even moreso when it is controlled by a magic wolf creature.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"
We're also not talking about normal "Flick your Bic" fire, but magical fire summoned from the soul of a fire elemental.

So really, whoever wins is pretty much up to the author.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Welp, of course after I gush about how much I love their friendship this goes and happens.

Ysengrin, pull yourself together!! :ohdear:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Wa11y posted:

We're also not talking about normal "Flick your Bic" fire, but magical fire summoned from the soul of a fire elemental.

So really, whoever wins is pretty much up to the author.

There's also the chance of sparking a Forest Fire if she does turn on the Burnanator bit. Can't say people would be happy about that.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Has it ever been established that she can even summon REAL fire? I mean, it may feel real, but remember that fake forest fire she generated as a trick in the past.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Waffnuffly posted:

Has it ever been established that she can even summon REAL fire? I mean, it may feel real, but remember that fake forest fire she generated as a trick in the past.

I'm pretty sure that the fire she conjured on the bridge to stop Eglamore from following her was "real".

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
Yeah somehow I don't think this, this will finally be the time Tom finally has a character charge up a hadouken and resolve their differences through magic fight battal

big sperma shot
Jan 13, 2011

Big Cock Jerk Off with MASSIVE cum shot.

If that avatar is up for grabs, I'd love to call dibs. Need a good title though.

big sperma shot fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 25, 2012

KSAF Staff Report
Dec 5, 2011

#acolyte faggot Hall of Fame
Ask me about trying to get published by The Black Library in between the minutes of Traffic Court reporting. Also ask me about having a game survival rate worse than the Infant Mortality Rate of Afghanistan

big sperma shot posted:

If that avatar is up for grabs, I'd love to call dibs. Need a good title though.

Zenzirouj posted:

Maybe he just needs spankies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Yeah somehow I don't think this, this will finally be the time Tom finally has a character charge up a hadouken and resolve their differences through magic fight battal

Just you wait for the final confrontation between Annie and Dark Kat :ssj: