Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Mister Chief posted:

This poster raises so many questions.

Wow, I'm seriously surprised they didn't go with Not The Expendables: A XXX Parody.

Or The Sexpendables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I thought that was a WWE poster at first.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I thought Grey was retired?

I guess that's the point though, given the source material.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Nybble posted:

I thought Grey was retired?

I guess that's the point though, given the source material.

John Holmes died of AIDS in 1988 and is on that poster.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I was trying to read those names as first and last name and it was pretty confusing.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Yeah, but Steele Lovelace is a hell of a name.

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 24, 2012

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Mister Chief posted:

Ah, so it's fake.

(I'm not googling that at work)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Mister Chief posted:

Bah; chromakey green zentai suit with 'extra pouch' for the stunt cock, a hacked copy of Poser to comp in afterwards, texture map on Holmes' face, job done :cool:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's probably a compilation of scenes.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Mister Chief posted:

Are you sure this is a studio poster? I don't think you can have a gun pointing out like that in a poster.

It's official, but I'm pretty sure it was a Cannes promo and not something that'll be appearing in theaters... at least not in the US.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Suzuki Method posted:

Does anyone have an example of a violent action movie/etc. movie with guns and stuff having a movie poster that looks girly or like a romantic comedy or something? I want to see that done for some reason. Have it with the typical fonts for chick flicks and vintage filters or something but it's some dude with a gun or something.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.

Thanks for reminding me about this movie. I think I'll watch it again tonight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nybble posted:

Ah, so it's fake.

(I'm not googling that at work)

Well, it could be a compilation or something I guess.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

OnlyJuanMon posted:

I can;t think of another movie where they made up an actor to look like another actor. Pretty awesome!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can we forget that Nemesis exists? Please?

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Bah; chromakey green zentai suit with 'extra pouch' for the stunt cock, a hacked copy of Poser to comp in afterwards, texture map on Holmes' face, job done :cool:

Literally the plot of Black Mirror: The National Anthem.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
'FROM THE STUDIO THAT BROUGHT YOU […]" is a dumb enough tagline, but try this for size:

Let's get a closer look at the cast:

Also, is there a way to kill that loving phrase?

Robert Denby fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 25, 2012

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Alia Shawkat looks like she's wishing she called back Mitchell Hurwitz on that Arrested Development movie.

(Oh, poo poo, a Netflix-exclusive fourth AD season?!)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

From the director who plays Darlene on True Blood, here comes a joke that was so overplayed and stupid it was an ironic catchphrase for a fake documentary character to show what an rear end in a top hat he was until ignorant Americans started saying it unironically. Starring noted psycho Anne Heche, that lady from the casting department that we threw in and Maeby.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I had to look at the poster multiple times before even seeing the title presumably because I was overwhelmed by the sheer stupidity of it.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'd see a movie if Pam from True Blood directed it - mothergently caress an Arlene-directed movie.

(only half-kidding)

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.
I see this DVD at the grocery store every saturday and I'm seriously tempted to get it.

Eliminate Crime!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

I see this DVD at the grocery store every saturday and I'm seriously tempted to get it.

Eliminate Crime!

I hate how Roy Scheider had such a relatively lousy career after starring in several big movies and getting several Oscar nominations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Rico Dredd: Freelance Street Judge

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I hate how Roy Scheider had such a relatively lousy career after starring in several big movies and getting several Oscar nominations.

Didn't heart trouble slow him down some?

(And openly saying how much the show (Seaquest) he was on sucked may not have been the best idea even if it was a pretty baller move.)

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Last night I watched John Carpenter's The Thing for the first time in ages. What an amazing film. Do any of you know where I might be able to find a good print/poster to frame on my wall?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

'FROM THE STUDIO THAT BROUGHT YOU [Â…]" is a dumb enough tagline, but try this for size:

Let's get a closer look at the cast:

Also, is there a way to kill that loving phrase?
Carrie Preston is my mom's old college friend! Cool that she got to direct a movie, she's great on True Blood. That is an unfortunate title though.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Jasta posted:

Last night I watched John Carpenter's The Thing for the first time in ages. What an amazing film. Do any of you know where I might be able to find a good print/poster to frame on my wall?

What's your price range?

$2500

$400

$5

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Mister Chief posted:

What's your price range?

$2500

You know, there are a lot of good Alamo Drafthouse posters. This one's a mess though.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Other The Thing posters for the hell of it...

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

You know, there are a lot of good Alamo Drafthouse posters. This one's a mess though.

I think you'll find Tyler Stout's posters often look bad when viewed on a monitor but look absolutely amazing in real life.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Mister Chief posted:

I think you'll find Tyler Stout's posters often look bad when viewed on a monitor but look absolutely amazing in real life.

That's a good point.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

You guys are awesome. Thank you! :parrot:

As for my budget, well, I'll have to figure that out... but likely $150 is the most I want to spend at the moment.

e: Although, that $400 one is exactly what I am looking for. :xd:

Jasta fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 26, 2012

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Mister Chief posted:

What's your price range?

$2500

$400

$5

$125,000

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

Jasta posted:

French Thing poster = best Thing poster

also this one

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
This is interesting:

Also, anyone know anything about reproduction posters printed on gloss paper? I'm kind of weary because who knows what the picture quality is like, but am I just being overly cautious?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy poo poo

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I honestly can't tell which of these women is supposed to be Weaver. I'm guessing the one on the left, because the one on the right is Hewitt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

TheJoker138 posted:

I honestly can't tell which of these women is supposed to be Weaver. I'm guessing the one on the left, because the one on the right is Hewitt?

Weaver's face is not on the same perspective angle as the head.