Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

The Dark Project posted:

Moving on with work on the Mortis Engine and Ferryman's boat aka Black Chariot for my VC's.

Not sure what I will do for the front part of the lower jaw for the Mortis Engine. I did a trial of laying out wood logs into it, but it didn't look that great. Looks kind of cool to see the spine of the crocodile through it. Will likely attach a pedestal holding a book in front of the guy standing on it.

The boat was a real pain to deal with. A lot of heatgun work and paneling and it was unfortunately rendered somewhat misshapen, although more complete. So I added some offcuts of balsa wood, sanded down, to get the right shape for the bow and stern of the boat. Now I have an armature wire up the front to sculpt into the weird skull type thing on the picture I uploaded before.

After this much work, I hope it comes out well.

That crocodile is gonna be :krad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

S.J. posted:

Holy loving poo poo yes :stare:

The pleasant-est of surprises. :3:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Another mini I'd buy in a heartbeat if the goon in question got into casting.

pucapuca
Sep 24, 2002

Lucca: "All right! Now what's your name?"
Robot: "Name? Ah, my serial number. It is R-66Y."
Thanks for the kind words. I plan on doing the rest of the team. For Frog I'm not sure if I want to sculpt from scratch or modify some Mallet Frogs from Eureka as a shortcut. I did buy them already, the two options are pictured.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

pucapuca posted:

Thought I might share my 28mm guy I've been working on for the past couple weeks. If for some reason you don't know who it is, it's Robo from Chrono Trigger. I am going more for in game accuracy than concept art. I like final product Robo (two hands) rather than concept art Robo (gun arm) that many people seem to prefer. However I did end up putting the smoke stack thing on at the end, cause I like it.

I didn't take any pictures before this, but imagine if you will, a green jellybean with some wires poking out and that's what it looked like. The sprite sheet for reference on how the arms and legs are posed in combat.

A little more work, changed the face a bit.

Some more work on a leg.

More leg work. Got some leather flaps on there, ended up redoing these though.

Feet almost done, leather flaps redone.

Picture for scale. His face tube kept falling off. I lost that one and remade it smaller anyway.

One fist down, one more to go! Chest plate thing and torso done.

Back thing (power source I guess) added on.

Second fist, hard to get these the same size, I think I did pretty well. Also the beginning of the smoke stack thing.

Last picture before completion. I finished the model this past weekend but I want to do a nice rotating animated .gif before posting pictures of the finished model. For my second sculpt (first was a 6mm Necron destroyer base for my Edenites) I think it's not too bad!

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANepZTX_RcE

Cras
May 2, 2006

if wise be he who wields it
I know you guys are sick of talking about the Bones kickstarter, but I figured this question was most relevant here:

I'm definitely getting in on this (I've always wanted to buy minis in bulk) and I think this is a great opportunity to start painting as a hobby - but are the optional paint sets a good deal? If I have absolutely nothing, should I get them or buy other sets? Also, should I grab all of them, or would the basic set be enough?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Cras posted:

I know you guys are sick of talking about the Bones kickstarter, but I figured this question was most relevant here:

I'm definitely getting in on this (I've always wanted to buy minis in bulk) and I think this is a great opportunity to start painting as a hobby - but are the optional paint sets a good deal? If I have absolutely nothing, should I get them or buy other sets? Also, should I grab all of them, or would the basic set be enough?

If you have no paints at all then yes, buy all 4. Reaper paints are good quality, that's a good selection of colors, and it comes out to 1.50 a bottle, which is roughly half price. I'm not getting the paints because I have too many paints already, but if you need paints anyway you won't find a better price for that.

If you can't drop 72 bucks for 48 paints, then just get the basic 1 and basic 2 sets.

Cras
May 2, 2006

if wise be he who wields it

Dominion posted:

If you have no paints at all then yes, buy all 4. Reaper paints are good quality, that's a good selection of colors, and it comes out to 1.50 a bottle, which is roughly half price. I'm not getting the paints because I have too many paints already, but if you need paints anyway you won't find a better price for that.

If you can't drop 72 bucks for 48 paints, then just get the basic 1 and basic 2 sets.

Thanks, will definitely get all four. The fact that I can trade in Sophie for credit makes getting all four even easier.

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

Cras posted:

Thanks, will definitely get all four. The fact that I can trade in Sophie for credit makes getting all four even easier.

Wait, how much credit is the Sophie worth? Is this in the FAQ somewhere?

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

$25

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

!amicable posted:

I think it was in one of the videos or the Reaper posts in the Comments, but that drat thread moves so fast that there is no way to keep up with it.

I'm torn on whether to trade mine in or Ebay it to the mini-boobie loving pervs on Ebay. I have a feeling there will be a flood of them on Ebay though.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

berzerkmonkey posted:

I think it was in one of the videos or the Reaper posts in the Comments, but that drat thread moves so fast that there is no way to keep up with it.

I'm torn on whether to trade mine in or Ebay it to the mini-boobie loving pervs on Ebay. I have a feeling there will be a flood of them on Ebay though.

I would be shocked if you got $25 for it on ebay, and if you use it as a trade-in on the kickstarter, you can trade it for whatever the ratio of minis-to-dollars would actually be...that is, it'd be $25 worth of $0.50-a-piece minis, which is more like $100 of minis at retail or something, I don't know.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Yeah. I double-checked, and I'm pretty sure I want you inside me.

pucapuca
Sep 24, 2002

Lucca: "All right! Now what's your name?"
Robot: "Name? Ah, my serial number. It is R-66Y."
Here's the .gif of the finished Robo. Now to paint it...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

pucapuca posted:

Someone get this man an avatar.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

pucapuca posted:

Sole.Sushi posted:

Yeah. I double-checked, and I'm pretty sure I want you inside me.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

pucapuca posted:

Awesomeness

I like you and the things that you do.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

pucapuca posted:

R-66why aren't you casting and selling this (to me) :(

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Dude, you should make a kickstarter for that thing. :v:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah and that would be followed by a C&D from Square-Enix tout suite.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Of course it would, but imagine all the kickstarter talk!

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

krushgroove posted:

I think those are birch seed pods (I've tried looking online for just those, can't find them) but Secret Weapon Miniatures sells those I believe.

e: here they are http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13

Those were the magic words I needed to find something similar thanks!

Can I get some advice on my test burrowers for my Trollbloods. I feel like the skin should be a little brighter. And what do you do with trollblood eyes? White? Black?

Still need to finish off the metals on the gun, and the orange needs a few more coats.

Can anyone recommend a good orange?

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Edit: Deleted dupe (server issues)

Harkano fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 25, 2012

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Bad Munki posted:

Of course it would, but imagine all the kickstarter talk!

:negative: gonna need another subforum for this poo poo jeeeeez

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

pucapuca posted:

You beautiful son of a bitch!

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Is it sad that I was disappointed when I saw the final few pictures there because I wanted it to turn out like a chrysalid from xcom?

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
:catdrugs: Reaper! :catdrugs:

In honor of Reaper's Bones Kickstarter and the avalanche of painted Reaper minis we will be seeing in March, I have collected pics of almost all the Reaper figs I have painted over the past 10 years. I don't have pics of a cool forest dragon I did about 7 years ago, or of the original Wereshark I painted 3-4 years back. I found a quick and dirty way to do a collage, so I'm not an rear end and post 50 pictures at once:

Annnnnnnd this guy didn't fit.

The end.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Bachtere posted:

the avalanche of painted Reaper minis we will be seeing in March

Ahahahaha, you think people are actually going to get around to painting these things? :v:

Those are all pretty great, though.

e: Wait a sec, can you go into detail on the blades that last guy has, the oily/tempered looking ones? Those are sick.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 25, 2012

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
Just playing around with GW's new washes/blue glaze:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well, it works. It really really works, I love those things.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

!amicable posted:

I'd love some more info on this. I'm currently sitting on the fence, and the ability to trade in boob lady for some sick-rear end looking dragons or whatever would definitely sway me well over the edge.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

They haven't really said much about it, except in one of their videos, they mention their special Reaper Kickstarter Survey thingamawhatsit, and how it'll allow you to trade in Sophie for $25 of options. It's made as a somewhat off-hand remark, but they also sort of imply you'll be able to do a pretty high degree of customization beyond just "pledge reward + options." The details aren't out yet, but yeah, $25 of options for Sophie at least has been stated.

It's currently up to 218 minis and Sophie at the vampire level, you must really be dedicated to that fence. ;)

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Bad Munki posted:

They haven't really said much about it, except in one of their videos, they mention their special Reaper Kickstarter Survey thingamawhatsit, and how it'll allow you to trade in Sophie for $25 of options. It's made as a somewhat off-hand remark, but they also sort of imply you'll be able to do a pretty high degree of customization beyond just "pledge reward + options." The details aren't out yet, but yeah, $25 of options for Sophie at least has been stated.

It's currently up to 218 minis and Sophie at the vampire level, you must really be dedicated to that fence. ;)

I am really dedicated to eating something this month :v:

...gently caress it, I need to lose weight anyway. Do I still just pledge $100 then? I heard the $103 number being tossed around but I'm not really sure why.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

If you're in the US, shipping is free, so you just pledge $100. If you want any options, pledge the total amount (i.e. $100 + $10 + $10 + $15 = $135), and select the vampire level. After the kickstarter, you'll get to specify which exact options you want. If all you want is the massive vampire pledge reward, just select the "vampire" option and go through the process. It'll be $100 on the nose.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Bad Munki posted:

If you're in the US, shipping is free, so you just pledge $100. If you want any options, pledge the total amount (i.e. $100 + $10 + $10 + $15 = $135), and select the vampire level. After the kickstarter, you'll get to specify which exact options you want. If all you want is the massive vampire pledge reward, just select the "vampire" option and go through the process. It'll be $100 on the nose.

Done and done. I thought about pledging an extra $5 so I could have an even $30 to round out my extra credit, but that's a slippery slope that ends with me seeing how many miniatures the human body can consume before its bowels rupture alone and unloved in an alley somewhere. I'll just be happy with the $25. I'm thinking Pathfinder Red Dragon + Undead Giant + another Dark Heroes or Grave Danger pack.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Mods have already mentioned that this thread is not for kickstarter chat. If youre discussing painting said minis thats fine, otherwise it needs to go in the kickstarter thread.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Which is where, exactly? I've heard it mentioned, but I don't think anyone's posted a link and I don't see anything about it on the first few pages of this forum. I mean, that might be part of the problem: wherever it is, it's maybe not sufficiently visible to the right people. v:shobon:v

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Bad Munki posted:

Which is where, exactly? I've heard it mentioned, but I don't think anyone's posted a link and I don't see anything about it on the first few pages of this forum. I mean, that might be part of the problem: wherever it is, it's maybe not sufficiently visible to the right people. v:shobon:v

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3492577

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ah, yeah, see, that doesn't show up when you look for anything like "kick" or "starter" or "reaper" or anything else actually related to the campaign in question. Thanks. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Crossposting from the oath thread.

I present my two, newly painted, but without a spot on my list at the moment, Terminators.

Why are they painted black and cream, instead of Red and cream? They are part of the retinue of the Chapter Master, and are painted black in reverence to those who receive the Archangel's gift. (Death Company)

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 25, 2012

• Locked thread