Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So it is something that requires some luck to pull off. That does seem like alot of things you can pull off of 1 action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I think this is why we're seeing more "enemy can't use X trigger" style abilities in every crew

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

The big deal isn't even Mei Feng, I don't think; it's the ability to activate your Rail Workers and shroud the enemy in big clouds of delicious steam (and stoke up the Rail Golem's boiler), then activate her and Superheat all of that steam to hand out Burning Tokens like candy, then activate a Rail Golem.

A Rail Golem with access to 7+ Burning Tokens (not a hard number to hit; it gets one for activating, one for Walking twice, one from a ram trigger on melee attacks, can pull them off of enemies, and can be given them by Emberling, Rail Workers, Fire Gamin, etc.) is an absolute terror in melee, since it gets two activations, has effective Melee Expert on a Cb6 paired weapon (with the option to flip an extra card on attack and/or damage by discarding more tokens), can heal itself, etc etc etc. I mean, this is a model that can and will shred everything it can reach without difficulty. This crew is also very very mobile because the Golem can discard a burning token to charge for 1 AP and Mei Feng can bounce around with Railwalker.

Also he's a big walking train who whacks people with a piece of rail.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

The big deal isn't even Mei Feng, I don't think; it's the ability to activate your Rail Workers and shroud the enemy in big clouds of delicious steam (and stoke up the Rail Golem's boiler), then activate her and Superheat all of that steam to hand out Burning Tokens like candy, then activate a Rail Golem.

A Rail Golem with access to 7+ Burning Tokens (not a hard number to hit; it gets one for activating, one for Walking twice, one from a ram trigger on melee attacks, can pull them off of enemies, and can be given them by Emberling, Rail Workers, Fire Gamin, etc.) is an absolute terror in melee, since it gets two activations, has effective Melee Expert on a Cb6 paired weapon (with the option to flip an extra card on attack and/or damage by discarding more tokens), can heal itself, etc etc etc. I mean, this is a model that can and will shred everything it can reach without difficulty. This crew is also very very mobile because the Golem can discard a burning token to charge for 1 AP and Mei Feng can bounce around with Railwalker.

Also he's a big walking train who whacks people with a piece of rail.

You forgot the best part, the model is freaking awesome. Now they just have to ship my Mei Feng crew so I can start having some fun.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Could someone spoil Misaki? I've heard bits and pieces but I'd like to know everything about her if possible.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Aberrant posted:

Could someone spoil Misaki? I've heard bits and pieces but I'd like to know everything about her if possible.

Misaki throws me for a bit of a loop. I understand the "she's a scalpel" notion, but I am not sure I understand how to use said scalpel.

But here's a run down:

Okay, so like all the Ten Thunders masters, she has special hiring rules. In her case, it gives Hans, Taelor, Ronin, and Desperate Mercs at no extra cost. The last two don't get hired as Mercenaries in this instance, and all of them gain the Ten Thunders faction.

She's got Bulletproof and Wicked.

She has both Melee Expert and Reckless, and another minion of hers can turn Reckless into Fast.

She's got a pulse that lets models falling back take a wound and Rally, and the Hunter's Shadow ability.

"You're Mine" is a (0) action that Misaki can do after she takes a melee Strike action against an enemy model. It gives her positive flips on attack and damage against the model, and gives it a negative twist when it tries to disengage. Everyone else, your models and your opponents, get negative twists when trying to attack either Misaki or the model being targeted with "You're Mine".

Pilfer is a (1) action that lets her steal a soulstone from a model with Use Soulstone.

She also has a spell that lets her push models away from an enemy model.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
What's the stats/abilities for the metal gamin?

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

thiswayliesmadness posted:

What's the stats/abilities for the metal gamin?
Cost 5 stones
wk/Cg 5/6
Wp 4
Ca 6
Df 5
Wd 6

Armor 2
Companion (Protected Model)
Hard to Kill
Protective
Resistant

At the start of the encounter nominate who the Metal Gamin is protective of. The Gamin gains insignificant if it's not within 4" of that model.

(All) Another Chance Nominate another model to protect if the first choice is no longer in the game.

(0) In Trouble preforms a charge action on an enemy model enganged with the gamins protected model

(1)Heat Metal Discard up to 3 burning tokens from on it or other models within 2". Inflict damage equal to the number of tokens discarded on a target non-Construct model within 2"

(1)Reforge This model preforms a Healing Flip which receives a positive twist. May only be preformed once per activation

For their spells they have a 3" aura on a cc of 10(Hard Case) that if a friendly model within that bubble gets hurt you may move up to 2 of those wounds onto one of the friendly Metal Gamin

The other spell, Small but Fiercs, is cc:12/ rest Wp/Rg 3 and says Attacks performed by target non-Master model must target this model. Attack Flips against this model receive a negative twist. Ends at Resolve Effects step or if the Gamin is removed from play.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Finally got these ladies based.

I'm not sure if the fire on the crouching one is correct though, it just doesn't look right.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

So am I correct in assuming that aHoffman is the only Avatar that's not available yet-- whose sculpt, in fact, has not even been previewed?
Bummer, man :(.
I have Som'er and Peaches at least to console me. Unquestionably the best looking Avatar.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I have Som'er and Peaches at least to console me. Unquestionably the best looking Avatar.

aSeamus and aNicodem beg to differ.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Flipswitch posted:

Finally got these ladies based.

I'm not sure if the fire on the crouching one is correct though, it just doesn't look right.

I just based my Ronin today, and those were enough of a pain in the rear end to pin that I'm doubling down on never buying anything showgirls ever. Some things just aren't worth it. Sometimes I miss comically oversized space marine shoes.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Dominion posted:

aSeamus and aNicodem beg to differ.

Maybe, but I don't think the pig that aSeamus is riding is...
Wait, what? aSeamus isn't riding any sort of pig at all?
INSTANT DISQUALIFICATION, NO STARS AWARDED.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
here is a progress update of my first section for my Malifaux City modular table.

still got a lot of work to do, but I will be doing wood flooring, and inside walls. there will also be wooden supports on the exterior walls I will be doing wooden supports on the large blank areas to give it more of a visual appeal similar to this

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
So I figuered I should show off the rest of the things I finished painting plus some of my new things that I bought at Gen Con.

Full album

Finished Ramos

Size comparison from Ramos to Rail Golem

The rest of my Arcanists minus Croyphee and Rail Crew

Everyone packed in their foam

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

so guess what I noticed
Beckoner targets friendly Hungering Darkness with Honeyed Words! Cheat down DEF, it's a hit! Hungering Darkness takes 1 damage and suffers Brilliance.
Activate Hungering Darkness, gently caress everything up with Tendrils/Heed my Voice. Use Casting Expert to cast Serve me on yourself.
Your beatstick Totem gains Reactivate! Serve Me has no resist and thus can be cast on self. Too bad you have to sac Hungering Darkness at the end of the turn.
Next turn: blow up a Depleted or kill anything Brilliant. Hey look who's back!!!

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
More progress shots

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

LumberingTroll posted:

More progress shots

Looking cool, good luck with it. Are the 9 parts just going to sit next to each other, or do you have a mechanism for them attaching yet?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Wazzu posted:

Looking cool, good luck with it. Are the 9 parts just going to sit next to each other, or do you have a mechanism for them attaching yet?

I am basing them on 12x12 ceramic tiles with rubber feet, they shouldnt move.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Reading the Storm of Shadows fiction now. I have to say that normally I find the Malifaux fluff to be in pretty dire need of an editor, except where it's impossible to follow and terribly paced; but the new stuff is actually really, really good. Love the story about the Library, the little bit on Herman Croft is ok (if super predictable), the Collodi story's fantastic, the two terrible gunslingers one is great, and Iggy's is not bad.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Ok last update for tonight.

The physical build is just about done, but I will be adding details, I got a few packs of the Malifaux victorian accessories and lamp posts, I think they will look good, I will also add room clutter like book shelves, desks and chairs.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

LumberingTroll posted:

The physical build is just about done, but I will be adding details, I got a few packs of the Malifaux victorian accessories and lamp posts, I think they will look good, I will also add room clutter like book shelves, desks and chairs.

This is really nifty. I like the bricks; Hirst moulds you said? How easy are they to make/use? And the plaster on the walls inside is a nice detail. :) Reminds me of my childhood dolls house.

If I ever start making a table with houses on it I am going to end up going all out with ridiculous things like hanging curtains on every window, I just know it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

LumberingTroll posted:

When I saw you planning your table I had no idea this was what you were doing with it, now super excited to follow your progress. Looks tits.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Schmetterling posted:

This is really nifty. I like the bricks; Hirst moulds you said? How easy are they to make/use? And the plaster on the walls inside is a nice detail. :) Reminds me of my childhood dolls house.

Thanks! Yeah Hirst molds, if you follow his directions they really arent hard at all to use, I do 12 at a time using 2 cookie sheets to hold them and contain any potential mess.

Asphyxious posted:

When I saw you planning your table I had no idea this was what you were doing with it, now super excited to follow your progress. Looks tits.

If you're gonna go, go all out!
I actually enjoy making the terrain more than playing games most of the time.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Sorry for the double post, here is another progress shot, working on getting my technique and colors down, once this is finished I will start on the next section.

(the current was on the cobblestone is still wet, which is why it looks like that)

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

LumberingTroll posted:

Sorry for the double post, here is another progress shot, working on getting my technique and colors down, once this is finished I will start on the next section.

(the current was on the cobblestone is still wet, which is why it looks like that)

Very very nice. :)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Got a chance to try out McCabe yesterday. I played him all wrong, but I think I've found my 3rd Guild Master.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?34983-McCabe-vs-DuBois-We-couldn-t-steal-the-goddamn-sandwich&p=447712#post447712

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Whats the general opinion on Collodi? I just picked him up as part of a huge Malifaux lot I bought. I have never played the game but it seems cool, and I'm going to paint/assemble all these crews so me and my buds can play.

Here is a loose breakdown of what I got (for pretty cheap too!). If anyone has some suggestions of stuff I could add to make things more better-er that would be cool:

Boxed Sets:
-Lucius
-Rasputina
-Kirai
-Both sets of hillbilly goblins
-Dreamer
-Collodi

Random stuff:
-Daydreams
-Zombies
-Brutal Effigy
-Spawn Mother
-Fire Gamins

From my noobish look through of what I got I determined that Collodi was the guy I had the most stuff for, so he should be my main dude (also evil pupetts are awesome). Since, as far as I can tell I can use his box, the stitched togethers from the dreamer box and the Brutal Effigy all together in the same crew.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Whats the general opinion on Collodi? I just picked him up as part of a huge Malifaux lot I bought. I have never played the game but it seems cool, and I'm going to paint/assemble all these crews so me and my buds can play.

Here is a loose breakdown of what I got (for pretty cheap too!). If anyone has some suggestions of stuff I could add to make things more better-er that would be cool:

Boxed Sets:
-Lucius
-Rasputina
-Kirai
-Both sets of hillbilly goblins
-Dreamer
-Collodi

Random stuff:
-Daydreams
-Zombies
-Brutal Effigy
-Spawn Mother
-Fire Gamins

From my noobish look through of what I got I determined that Collodi was the guy I had the most stuff for, so he should be my main dude (also evil pupetts are awesome). Since, as far as I can tell I can use his box, the stitched togethers from the dreamer box and the Brutal Effigy all together in the same crew.

Yeah, that's correct. You have a pretty solid baseline Collodi crew right there.

From what I can tell, Collodi is a beast. He himself is essentially a single massive model that gets 10 actions at once, thanks to being able to activate all his little puppets together, making him a bit of a melee nightmare. I have never played him, but he's on my list of crews to pick up. The Effigy cycle all work great with him, and Stitched Togethers are pretty dang tough. Collodi is a good crew to deal with, but like most Neverborn crews, he doesn't have much long range going for him. The Brutal Effigy is a pretty good model in that regard - it's got a gun. For the most part, though, the Collodi strategy is to single out an enemy or two and swarm them.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

He's also one of the fastest models in the game as each puppet can pull him 8 inches on their multi activation, so he can move a bit over 32 inches every turn

Binbag
May 10, 2007
Played against Collodi for the first time earlier this week.

His speed is terrifying, we were playing Destroy the evidence, and it was pretty much mathematically impossible for my Ramos crew to win.

We went on to play Treasure Hunt. Predictably Collodi snagged the loot and started moving it back to his deployment zone. This time I went for a later turn manifest, and worked on digging the treasure out of a pile of dolls. That worked a treat. Avatar Ramos tanked Collodi, a stitched together and 3 marionettes, cycling my opponents entire deck with all the attack flips. Then I healed back up and trampled Collodi to death.

My opponent, having lost his first ever game of Malifaux has kinda wigged out about it, declaring Ramos to be a negative play experience (he generally runs Leveticus and Jack Daw, so whatever). He netlists a lot, and had decided that Collodi was invincible, but while fast, he is extremely brittle and loosing a marionette or two is pretty crippling for him.

All in all, I have mixed feelings about him. He seems to either win games, making your opponent play for a draw, which is kinda poo poo, or he gets blown the gently caress up.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

That kind of reminds me of the one thing I hate about this game. It isn't played nearly as much as Warmachine is at our local club, so whenever something new comes on the table it's declared broken by someone.

First time getting hit by the Papa Bomb? He's op, never mind that I need 2 high masks in my hand for it.

First time seeing the Executioner come back from the dead thanks to Slow to Die and Loves the Job? What bullshit! (never mind that it was your fault for leaving a daydream within 2 while LCB went to town on him)

Binbag
May 10, 2007
Aye, it's bollocks.

Still, him throwing his toys out the pram means he's finally getting his Infinity stuff painted and a board built.

So far, he's had a close game against Kirai (broken, negative experience bullshit)and he knows he had to cheat to win, and got beaten by Ramos (negative experience). So I regard it as my duty under God to ram Kirai up his arse until he learns that losing is only a negative experience if you are a 4 year old.

It's that term, "negative experience" that hacks me off. I've never encountered it before Malifaux, now it gets wheeled out to describe anything that wasn't a loving cake walk. It's like mantra against challenge and it gets on my tits.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Yeah, NPE is used all over the Malifaux forums and I had to look it up to work out what the hell it meant. It's a lovely term.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Lungboy posted:

Yeah, NPE is used all over the Malifaux forums and I had to look it up to work out what the hell it meant. It's a lovely term.

Let's be fair: there are Malifaux masters that present a negative play experience. Playing lots of crews vs. Hamelin is a drawn-out, frustrating ball of mess; same with Pandora and pre-nerf Dreamer.

Most of the poo poo that people call broken isn't, but compared to Warmachine (a game that has its own balance issues) the imbalance is really jarring. It's a game that's badly in need of a Mk2, if only because of the plethora of identical or nearly-identical abilities with different names.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Hope he put the treasure on something faster than collodi, not allowed to push with the treasure, walk only

Binbag
May 10, 2007

MisterShine posted:

Hope he put the treasure on something faster than collodi, not allowed to push with the treasure, walk only

He ended up doing some weird kind of relay, passing the treasure back down the field. It ended up with a Stitched Together who got zapped with Electrical Fire.

Collodi doesn't really impress me. Sure he's fast, but seemed pretty dull to play.

I wouldn't dispute that there are masters and minions that are a drag to play against. My gripe is that when someone in my player group pulls the trigger on something of mine being an NPE, then the onus is on me to take that minion or master and put it back on the shelf or be considered a twat. I know it's unreasonable, as I refuse to accept non-Avatar Ramos can be regarded as an NPE, and it's a question of my mate being a cock, but it kind of feels like the genie is out of the bottle now, and it's really knocked the shine off Malifaux for me.

Gaki can eat Jack Daw on a lucky flip can't they? I don't want to NPE him, but I do loathe that fucker.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Binbag posted:

Gaki can eat Jack Daw on a lucky flip can't they? I don't want to NPE him, but I do loathe that fucker.

If by "lucky flip" you mean "high-value crow with another couple of Gaki nearby" then yes, yes it can. And if he doesn't... why, you have more gaki nearby who can try to devour Jack Daw!

Why yes, my anti-Hamelin list is just Kirai and an army of Gaki, backed with repeatedly summoned Ikiryo (Ikiryo kills poo poo for heal flips)-Evolve Spirit-Gaki. Rats can't come back if they're devoured, and everything Hamelin is height 1 or 2.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
Hey guys, I'm just getting into the game (have played once with lucius' crew and read the rules) and am so totally stoked about it. I picked up the Kirai box because I love the aesthetic of her and her minions and I was wondering if I could get some tips, since supposedly she's not a newbie friendly master. I'd also love some advice on how to expand, I've got a pack of Gakis and another pack of Seishin along with Jaakuna the lovely water lady (mostly because of her kickass model :v:)

Also cause models are cool have a pic of my just finished Onryo:

My other Onryo is finished too but I haven't done her base yet, I just don't have the heart for painting more bamboo at the moment...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

gobbledygoat posted:

I'd also love some advice on how to expand, I've got a pack of Gakis and another pack of Seishin along with Jaakuna the lovely water lady (mostly because of her kickass model :v:)

Her Lost Love totem and Shikome are a good investment.

Also, the Onyro looks great.