Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ImpAtom posted:

I really enjoyed Speak with Monsters for the brief while it lasted.
What happened with his site, anyways? Last time I checked, he had some kind of problem with getting hacked in the first ten minutes of his site being up, because the host kept the default admin password?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

CapnAndy posted:

Okay, Rusty and Co. owns, and this OotS gag is drat fine.

I still prefer the OOTS gag done by OOTS.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
You know it's been an eternity since the OP, I don't post much, and I don't want whatever's left of my internet good name associated with a thread that's starting to post humorless OOTS knock-offs and other rancid DnD webcomics from the depths of the hack-filled internet with regularity.

How about a mod close this sucker down and one of you guys craft a new thread?

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
This thread is probably one of the oldest threads on the forums, don't ruin it.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
The Goblins posts and the whatever-that-awful-knockoff-that-angers-me-more-than-Goblins-is posts are ruining it already.

Also my OP kind of sucks besides being outdated. No character bios or nothin. Maybe if I am bored I'll make a new, better OP but I probably won't.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No, the "the thread is bring ruined by people who say the thread is being ruined by comics of people saying that the thread is bring ruined by knockoff posts of the thread is being ruined", THAT'S what's ruining the thread!

This is all Rich Burlew's fault! I hope he's alright!

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL
I am very worried myself! Either he is sick or I am going to be driven insane with bad fantasy web comics.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

SuperKlaus posted:

The Goblins posts and the whatever-that-awful-knockoff-that-angers-me-more-than-Goblins-is posts are ruining it already.

No they aren't. The only reason the thread is having any problems is because Rich is too busy completing his Kickstarter promises to give a regular output of comics. Once that returns the thread will get less problematic.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Cliff Racer posted:

No they aren't. The only reason the thread is having any problems is because Rich is too busy completing his Kickstarter promises to give a regular output of comics. Once that returns the thread will get less problematic.

Also our promised bonus weeks!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

No, you see, it's Rich who is forcing us to post poo poo comics! Completely out of our hands.

I could probably come up with an OP that has character bios and all that. Just not for another week or so because I'm busyyyyy

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Actually, looking back at the start of the thread posting/discussing goblins has actually been with us from page 1.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Apocron posted:

Actually, looking back at the start of the thread posting/discussing goblins has actually been with us from page 1.

It's somehow fitting that the first guy to mention Goblins in this thread has been permabanned.

EDIT: Huh, this "Efreet saiid" is also the legendary happyelf?

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
My I Have the Game package arrived so anyone still waiting for Sticky Schticks or expansions should be getting theirs soon. This coloring book is awesome.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Maldraedior posted:

My I Have the Game package arrived so anyone still waiting for Sticky Schticks or expansions should be getting theirs soon. This coloring book is awesome.

Yes! The Coloring Book was a real surprise.

Do the word find, and see if you can find all the words that are not listed.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Can someone post that picture about V's gender. I thought that was a very clever joke.

Tevruden
Aug 12, 2004

a
Sep 25, 2000
:siren:NEW COMIC:siren:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0861.html

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

DrakePegasus posted:

A thought just occurred to me: due to his long absence and being seperated from it in the arena, we haven't seen the Greenhilt Sword's undead-slaying energy for nearly half the length of the series. Something tells me we're about to see some Great Cleavage shots in the next few strips.

Hell yeah!

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Now if he could just repeat that for Nale and Not-Drizzt, we'd finally be rid of the second-tier antagonists that the story outgrew more than 700 strips ago!

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
That was impressive.

I wonder what Elan's role in the plan is. Maybe just "stay out of the way"?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

That was impressive.

I wonder what Elan's role in the plan is. Maybe just "stay out of the way"?

Sing. Sing. Sing a song with no appreciable rhythm.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Great, so the imp is probably going for V. I guess the Fiends are likely to be out of the loop after this arc?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cliff Racer posted:

Great, so the imp is probably going for V. I guess the Fiends are likely to be out of the loop after this arc?

I've got a bit of imaginary money riding on that, so I hope so:

sebmojo posted:

And lay 250 on V getting possessed by one of the fiends within the next ten strips (posted at strip 856, so five to go).

And another 250 on Belkar never leaving the temple (secret base, pyramid, whatever) alive.

That's one hell of a :black101: from Roy at the end, though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

sebmojo posted:

That's one hell of a :black101: from Roy at the end, though.
Roy has boobies!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hive of vile nerdery though it is, the OOTS forums occasionally make a good point:

quote:

Also, I'm still thinking that the mummies were foreshadowing with their echos. So who needs to knock on what for safety?

It struck me as a strained turn of phrase from Haley so I think it's probably signifying something.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Female, because otherwise the order's a sausage fest :pseudo:

Don't bother questioning my logic, it's flawless.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Female, because otherwise the order's a sausage fest :pseudo:

Don't bother questioning my logic, it's flawless.

What about Haley?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

sfwarlock posted:

What about Haley?

Pfft, like the Guild of Titan IX would allow a five person party to have only one female member. :colbert:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Pfft, like the Guild of Titan IX would allow a five person party to have only one female member. :colbert:

The party has less than 8 members, Titan IX has no say.

Boggus
Mar 26, 2007

A yellow jumpsuit makes all the difference.
I hope nothing happens to Malack, I have come to love his calm surliness.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
I thought the mummies were supposed to go away after Holy: Word.. how come they were able to stick around?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Mummies are level 8, so they ended up paralyzed, blinded and deafened (i.e. sitting ducks for Roy) but they still had two or three levels too many to be destroyed.

e: actually that's a plot mechanics hole, if they're deafened they shouldn't have been able to hear Tarquin or Haley. Anyone want to dive into the GitP forums and see if Rich has explained away the inconsistency?

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 30, 2012

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Go back a couple of strips and look how far down the tunnel they are from the rest of the Linear Guild. They're out of range of the Holy Word.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
Another thing I don't understand.. if Malack is separated from them, can anyone control them? If not, do they pose any threat? (I know nothing about D&D)

bouncyman fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 30, 2012

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

bouncyman posted:

Another thing I don't understand.. if Malack is separated from them, can anyone control them? If not, do they pose any threat? (I know nothing about D&D)

They aren't a threat NOW, but don't you think it's a good idea to deprive the Linear guild of them while they are easy meat and of little cost to the Order?

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I didn't even know this thread existed. :aaa:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
862: Pop goes Pop.

Some may be disappointed it's not the same kind of pop as in "pop goes the weasel".

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Tarquin continues being #1.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
That's some incredibly weak deus ex machina right there.

Is there even a thrown weapon feat that gives you knockback/bull rushing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
They forced Tarquin to retreat, so, that looked fairly successful. I wonder if Tarquin lost his axe or put it into hammerspace before grabbing Nale.

There's another Kickstarter update out as well. He thinks that the update after that will have the Belkar PDF ready to download, and he's started work on the "Haleo and Julelan" one as well.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 30, 2012