Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
Conc/BMU...you two are loving gold. Bio needs to drop so I can grief the tards with you two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Man, I was expecting Nature Affinity to come out after Bio Armor and get some real attention then.

Instead it didn't get any attention, apparently. It sounds like half the powers aren't worth taking at any point.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

That's pretty much bullshit. There are two, maybe three things that are skippable in Nature. The first tier debuff is ok but not great, can skip that as a defender if you really want. Then the other two would be the hold toggle and the rez. Both of which are ok, too. They're just not amazing. The rest of the set is all very solid.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Conc/BMU...you two are loving gold. Bio needs to drop so I can grief the tards with you two.

Man, that's nothing. Dude was just getting mad and throwing around threats, we just egged em on a little.

Last night was even better though. Concles invited some random pubbie with an electrically themed name to round out our 7 goon ITF team and I immediately start sperging out about TENS units and all kinds of random poo poo in an attempt to get "her" weirded out enough to quit before we even started.

They were a trooper though, stuck with us right to the end, albeit in almost total silence.

I like to think it was a shocked "oh my god what have I gotten into this time" silence, but I'm no mindreader.

And yeah, the rage from that austismal dude was coming from the bomb tunnels, the confusion room had nothing to do with it, concles just scrolled back up in the chat window to screenshot it once we had finished the trial. There were some other choice things the guy said, but I don't remember if I captured it or not, a lot of it was done through PMs (which I then pasted into league chat :v: ).

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Slung Blade posted:

Man, that's nothing. Dude was just getting mad and throwing around threats, we just egged em on a little.

Last night was even better though. Concles invited some random pubbie with an electrically themed name to round out our 7 goon ITF team and I immediately start sperging out about TENS units and all kinds of random poo poo in an attempt to get "her" weirded out enough to quit before we even started.

They were a trooper though, stuck with us right to the end, albeit in almost total silence.

I like to think it was a shocked "oh my god what have I gotten into this time" silence, but I'm no mindreader.

And yeah, the rage from that austismal dude was coming from the bomb tunnels, the confusion room had nothing to do with it, concles just scrolled back up in the chat window to screenshot it once we had finished the trial. There were some other choice things the guy said, but I don't remember if I captured it or not, a lot of it was done through PMs (which I then pasted into league chat :v: ).

And if you didn't have time to take a screen-cap at the moment, it's like most of the player base doesn't realize PM logs are A Thing :allears:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Section Z posted:

And if you didn't have time to take a screen-cap at the moment, it's like most of the player base doesn't realize PM logs are A Thing :allears:

Where are they located and do I have to turn them on?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Slung Blade posted:

Where are they located and do I have to turn them on?
Enabling PM Logs is in Options, Windows, Chat. Just set Log Private Messages to Enabled.

As for where the logs go, they are made in the folder named after your login in the main City Of Heroes folder. They are text files sorted by Global Handle. (Not the Logs Folder).

I do not know if it would create a new chat log, or change the name of an old one if you got PM from the same person who had since changed their global handle.

I have now contributed practical information to someone. That's probably never gonna happen again.

EDIT: Checking on one of the files off a pals global... I'm doubting it keeps EVERYTHING. Time stamps from between 2009 to just yesterday in it, but I somehow doubt that's all of them.

Still, you'd probably get most and any recent tells recorded properly. Especially if it's some new whacko out of nowhere, and you can just check 'lost modified' dates if you don't know what global to look for.

Congratulations, you now know the global name of everyone who sends you a tell for your stalking heart's content.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 24, 2012

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Well, take consolation in that your avatar reminds of dinowarz and that time in the 90s when I was young and had 5 bucks in my pocket and I bought it used from a video rental place or something.

It was more fun than it had any right being.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Slung Blade posted:

Well, take consolation in that your avatar reminds of dinowarz and that time in the 90s when I was young and had 5 bucks in my pocket and I bought it used from a video rental place or something.

It was more fun than it had any right being.
gently caress yeah. Stupid Fact: The line I put under my avatar was basically my mindset for my very first level 50 in City, Bots/Dark MM. You bet your rear end my newb MM had every single laser rifle attack.

I was also disappointed in my Assault Bot. PLASMA!? This is the Laser Zone! Plus I was sad that the "Laser Drone" Lore is a filthy liar and it uses plasma attacks.

EDIT: I just remembered, they still don't have the Mastermind Help listings for Hero Side characters :argh:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 24, 2012

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Okay, so now that my Scrapper is pretty set for going through incarnate stuff, I'm attempting to look at my SS/Inv Tanker more seriously again.
My question is this: Can I make this dude as utterly unhittable as I want it to be? How tricked out can I make this dude without buying a bunch of IO sets? I do already have a Crushing Impact set somehow, so there's that.

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

WeX Majors posted:

Okay, so now that my Scrapper is pretty set for going through incarnate stuff, I'm attempting to look at my SS/Inv Tanker more seriously again.
My question is this: Can I make this dude as utterly unhittable as I want it to be? How tricked out can I make this dude without buying a bunch of IO sets? I do already have a Crushing Impact set somehow, so there's that.
Just using SOs and taking the two Fighting pool toggles, you can expect 25% defense for everything that's not Psy. Decent, but Inv is at it's core a resist set more than anything else. You're going to take hits, and while maxing S/L resist is easy just by using SO's you're getting at max 32% resistance to things not Psy.

There's a lot of stuff in the end game that's not S/L. For my Inv tank I went for Max HP and +recharge to make Dull Pain incredibly awesome, but there's bound to be better plans.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Check Tommy's posts in the thread, he made me a fairly ridiculous Inv/TW tanker build that you could easily rework for SS.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The new changes to the Fighting Pool might actually make Boxing and Kick worthwhile.

Boxing now synergizes with Kick and Cross Punch. With Kick, it gains +15% to Damage, and the Chance to Stun goes to 35% chance for a Mag 3 Stun. With Cross Punch, it gains +15% to Damage, does -2% End on Target, and applies a -5% Recovery DeBuff on Target.

Kick now synergizes with Boxing and Cross Punch. With Boxing, it gains +15% Damage, and the Chance to Knockback goes to 40%. With Cross Punch, it gains +15% Damage, does -3% End on Target, and applies a -5% Recovery DeBuff on Target.

The new power, Cross Punch, Requires you to be L14+ and have [Any 2 Fighting Powers]. Without Boxing or Kick, it has a 40% Chance for Mag 0.67 Knockback, and a 20% Chance for Mag 3 Stun for 6.00s after 0.50s delay.

If you have Boxing or Kick and Cross Punch, it gains +15% Damage, grants you +100% Recharge for 6s, and grants you +??? ToHit for 6s.

And all of these bonuses stack.

So if you take Boxing, Kick, and Cross Punch:

Boxing gains +30% to Damage, has a 35% chance to apply a Mag 3 Stun, drains 2% End from the Target, and applies a -5% Recovery DeBuff to the target.

Kick gains +30% to Damage, has a 40% chance to do Knockback, drains 3% End from the Target, and applies a -5% Recovery DeBuff on the Target.

Cross Punch gains +30% to Damage, grants +200% Recharge for 6s, and +??? ToHit for 6s.

I'm not 100% certain on Cross Punch granting +200% Recharge. It might only be 100% for 12s. I haven't actually taken it yet, just looked at the Show Info on the Level Up screen. And it doesn't show what the +ToHit is. It just lists it as Special.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Kheldarn posted:

The new changes to the Fighting Pool might actually make Boxing and Kick worthwhile.

Boxing now synergizes with Kick and Cross Punch. With Kick, it gains +15% to Damage, and the Chance to Stun goes to 35% chance for a Mag 3 Stun. With Cross Punch, it gains +15% to Damage, does -2% End on Target, and applies a -5% Recovery DeBuff on Target.

Kick now synergizes with Boxing and Cross Punch. With Boxing, it gains +15% Damage, and the Chance to Knockback goes to 40%. With Cross Punch, it gains +15% Damage, does -3% End on Target, and applies a -5% Recovery DeBuff on Target.

The new power, Cross Punch, Requires you to be L14+ and have [Any 2 Fighting Powers]. Without Boxing or Kick, it has a 40% Chance for Mag 0.67 Knockback, and a 20% Chance for Mag 3 Stun for 6.00s after 0.50s delay.

If you have Boxing or Kick and Cross Punch, it gains +15% Damage, grants you +100% Recharge for 6s, and grants you +??? ToHit for 6s.

And all of these bonuses stack.

So if you take Boxing, Kick, and Cross Punch:

Boxing gains +30% to Damage, has a 35% chance to apply a Mag 3 Stun, drains 2% End from the Target, and applies a -5% Recovery DeBuff to the target.

Kick gains +30% to Damage, has a 40% chance to do Knockback, drains 3% End from the Target, and applies a -5% Recovery DeBuff on the Target.

Cross Punch gains +30% to Damage, grants +200% Recharge for 6s, and +??? ToHit for 6s.

I'm not 100% certain on Cross Punch granting +200% Recharge. It might only be 100% for 12s. I haven't actually taken it yet, just looked at the Show Info on the Level Up screen. And it doesn't show what the +ToHit is. It just lists it as Special.

Are any of these bonuses passive without actually using them? Say like when I use boxing and kick just for a KinCom mule.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

The saga continues apace.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

7 sons now? Did he hear about our Lord team?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Patware posted:

Shiiit :staredog:

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Are any of these bonuses passive without actually using them? Say like when I use boxing and kick just for a KinCom mule.

From everything I've heard about the powers, they are described as being straight-up better if you just take the other attacks. So yeah, you thinking about only using cross punch for its buff?

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

rarbatrol posted:

From everything I've heard about the powers, they are described as being straight-up better if you just take the other attacks. So yeah, you thinking about only using cross punch for its buff?
If nothing else it'll make a nice level 49 'I have no idea what to take and forget about having' pick.

Succulent Ovaries
Dec 6, 2006
stuff.

rarbatrol posted:

Another thought is outside of the temporary domination to hit buff, it might allow a dom willing to punch guys in the face to combo it with instant snipe they wouldn't otherwise have possible on their own.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

As it stands, a Dominator can get perma snipes on their own, provided they take Link Minds out of the Psi APP. 3 tohit slotted tactics, 2 tohit slotted Link Minds, and a Kismet will get you to 22%. It's 10 seconds off permanent once you've hit permadom, which is easy enough to cover with the 15 second tohit buff you get after going into Domination.

The downside is the Psi pool is pretty poo poo otherwise.

Succulent Ovaries
Dec 6, 2006
stuff.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

The downside is the Psi pool is pretty poo poo otherwise.

Yeah, I'd rather have Sleet and Frozen Armor for s/l def.

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan

The link is about as terrible as you can imagine.

Also, I apparently griefed this person in the time I was AFK.

fibblins fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Aug 26, 2012

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't understand...you are half naked in pocket d. Isn't that what they like?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Free Headcrab posted:

I don't understand...you are half naked in pocket d. Isn't that what they like?

People go bonkers over power use in their precious enclosed bubbles. Go bonkers over emotes with sounds. Go bonkers over just standing around when they're in the middle of their precious story time.

Ask Cuchu. Actions that don't fit their story or experience to a tee at best annoys them or gets ignored or blatantly sidestepped, at worst met with outright hostility. It's as sad as it is hilarious.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Patware posted:

At this point you should probably say hello.

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dinictus posted:

People go bonkers over power use in their precious enclosed bubbles. Go bonkers over emotes with sounds. Go bonkers over just standing around when they're in the middle of their precious story time.

Ask Cuchu. Actions that don't fit their story or experience to a tee at best annoys them or gets ignored or blatantly sidestepped, at worst met with outright hostility. It's as sad as it is hilarious.

If someone wrote an elaborate back story for a character concept that is based on harassing people in pocket D, would they be forced to accept you? Or would their brain shut down?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Free Headcrab posted:

If someone wrote an elaborate back story for a character concept that is based on harassing people in pocket D, would they be forced to accept you? Or would their brain shut down?

I want to see this happen. I mean, I could think up something, but I currently can't seem to think of something sensible. Maybe a Super-Powered Desperate Guy or poo poo. Or a very misanthropic haunt.

And if they go 'bluh bluh bluh mah emersion' you can at least counter with 'your RP isn't more important than my RP' :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Dinictus posted:

I want to see this happen. I mean, I could think up something, but I currently can't seem to think of something sensible. Maybe a Super-Powered Desperate Guy or poo poo. Or a very misanthropic haunt.

And if they go 'bluh bluh bluh mah emersion' you can at least counter with 'your RP isn't more important than my RP' :v:
It may not as active considering the glut of ANCIENT BEINGS, but I want to see somebody dealing with the Underaged Customer problems. The pocket D is clearly an Adult's Club with all the bars, we're sorry but your 14 year old Catgirl is going to have to leave.

Also, come winter event we'll probably see a million santas and a million elves. But I never see any SKI INSTRUCTORS. "You call that skiing? You didn't even make the bronze time! Christ, you're not even wearing Skis!"

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
A Pocket D bouncer team would be hilarious. "You're underage, get out. You're a vampire, we don't serve your kind here. And you, over there- you're just creepy.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Section Z posted:

It may not as active considering the glut of ANCIENT BEINGS, but I want to see somebody dealing with the Underaged Customer problems. The pocket D is clearly an Adult's Club with all the bars, we're sorry but your 14 year old Catgirl is going to have to leave.

Also, come winter event we'll probably see a million santas and a million elves. But I never see any SKI INSTRUCTORS. "You call that skiing? You didn't even make the bronze time! Christ, you're not even wearing Skis!"

I remember seeing a few child protection service agents crop up when an eight-year-old was unattended at the bar. Nobody took well to that one.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Pez posted:

A Pocket D bouncer team would be hilarious. "You're underage, get out. You're a vampire, we don't serve your kind here. And you, over there- you're just creepy.

Also I'm convinced that the best thing to do would be to get a bunch of people to do this and preach from on top of the bar:

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 26, 2012

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

People don't take kindly to being told to get out cause they're a 14/16 year old whatever at a bar. I've gotten my fair share of complaints for telling them this.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

TalonDemonKing posted:

People don't take kindly to being told to get out cause they're a 14/16 year old whatever at a bar. I've gotten my fair share of complaints for telling them this.

And my Shoddy Ol' Chevy won't stand for that bullshit when it's serving. Enjoy your coke :colbert:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Dinictus posted:

My regular Pocket D troll is Banana Grabber, God of Bananas. His troll routine is to walk up to groups, introduce himself in all caps, and demand worship in the form of Big Lebowski quotes. This always works because there is always someone who wants to quote the Big Lebowski. Then they start arguing over whether or not they should get involved with my obvious trolling, which is the best part of trolling.

I think you could also get away with a Rodin's Thinker character that just sits around in Pocket D saying stuff like "Is rap music?" and "Why do women suck at driving?" just to start regulation flames.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

OneEightHundred posted:

Also I'm convinced that the best thing to do would be to get a bunch of people to do this and preach from on top of the bar:

This would be pretty drat easy to do, the only question is, what's the costume: Animal Man, The Question or Psycho Pirate?
Also on that note, I'm kind of amazed there aren't a poo poo ton of Deadpool rip offs running around this game. You literally can have Yellow Word Bubbles show up to everyone.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Maybe it's time to form the Pocket DEA and look for violations

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Except the Hellion(or whoever) WILL take the purse if ignored long enough. This usually only occurs if you're too strong and thus can watch-or you're too weak and trying to dodge them.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I have a character who is convinced he's being remote-controlled by an all-powerful being from another dimension, with the undercurrent that, yes, he's an MMO avatar. He also looks as much like me in real life as I could make in the character editor.

People have been surprisingly civil about him even when he hangs out in Pocket D, but then I haven't tried to be obnoxious about it. I do like the "CARS NEVER DRIVE ANYWHERE" thing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Aw man why did Pocket dERP get generic'd.

• Locked thread