Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Whatever gets ya home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

:catstare:

The sad part is, it's not like he just put them on. Judging by the grime they've been on for a while.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

:siren::siren:TRIGGER WARNING:siren::siren:
Even before I rode a bike for the first time almost 30 years ago, I knew the clutch wasn't a simple on/off. I suspect most people who rode a bicycle knew that because that's how their brakes worked.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
:stare:

http://www.wired.com/reviews/2012/08/brammo-empulse-r/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully that quick-charge development trickles down quickly and doesn't cost too much more than it already does. I would be on an eBike so fast, mileage be damned.

The development for those interested:
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/134635-scientists-develop-lithium-ion-battery-that-charges-120-times-faster-than-normal

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Skills.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Classic review riding:

As flexible as a gymnast, contorting his limbs to stretch the knee all the way down to the road.

e: The bike seems great though!

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Resto-mods - Motor Rock of Japan are doing it right:

From BikeExif

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTiTPAusog4

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Safety Dance posted:

Whatever gets ya home.

I prefer the "wrap the cable around the footpeg method"
Then all you have to do is put weight down on the taught cable (probably with your toe) and it pulls the clutch actuator.

Note: this only works if your clutch is on the right side.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
While watching that, I realized Pike's Peak is the closest thing the US has to a race like the Isle of Man TT. Then I started hoping someone would fly Guy Martin out to race the course next year. :haw:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
That's pretty wicked.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you can get more 90's than that.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
From the GIFS thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXPb3nnqdDo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

clutchpuck posted:

That's pretty wicked.

That looks like a Lego set.

SeeYouEnTee
May 5, 2010

Pickle Presenter
My first group ride. Nothing special, just some lazy twisties and some cool bikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5HafKuDVOU&feature=plcp

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

SeeYouEnTee posted:

My first group ride. Nothing special, just some lazy twisties and some cool bikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5HafKuDVOU&feature=plcp

Those are some awesome looking roads.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

God those youtube comments are awful...as to be expected. Also what's wrong with those idiots? They could have just sped up and ditched the psychopath. Instead they pull right next to him and wait for him to try to murder them again.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Ola posted:

Man I just did a Ducati troll in the comments on an rnickeymouse video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBgrVI0Dyto

Feel a bit bad, also a bit good.

Tons of people fell for my rattle troll. I feel terrible, will never troll youtube again.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Ola posted:

Tons of people fell for my rattle troll. I feel terrible, will never troll youtube again.

Ola, do you ride a Honda Sabre? I've recently discovered these bikes and I have a hard-on for them now.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

SaNChEzZ posted:

Ola, do you ride a Honda Sabre? I've recently discovered these bikes and I have a hard-on for them now.

No, I have a Suzuki GSX 750 ES. I looked at Sabres when starting out, they seem a bit fiddly to maintain but otherwise cool.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Ola posted:

That was a pretty solid troll to be fair. Kudos. :cheers:

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
I think I have stumbled upon a cool thing. My friend's are moving, and when I was helping them clear their basement I found this:

'86 (?) Honda CBR600 "Hurricane"

I guess it doesn't start, but it's most likely just an alternator issue as back when it was ridden (15-20 years ago) the battery had intermittent issues. They may be looking to part with it, but my wife would KILL me, as my current bike is still in drydock. Anyway I'd never heard of a Honda Hurricane before, so I though it was neat.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Haha, these guys are like a swarm of angry bees with no stingers. Their little revenge blasts kill me; it's like vigilante street justice, but the only weapon is DANCING. Just keep revving and swerving around him, that'll show this fucker who is boss!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Silver posted:

accepting_that_your_chain_will_never_be_adjusted_properly.jpg

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Just think of the roostertail that thing would put up in the rain

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Silver posted:

Isn't weight on the rear tire a good thing for traction?

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

eggyolk posted:

Isn't weight on the rear tire a good thing for traction?

Changes the fulcrum position when drag racing, resulting in fewer wheel stands and idealy more effective traction. Very easy to put too much power down and bring the front wheel up when hard on the gas when you've got a short swingarm.

Another common thing to do is strap the suspension in a compressed position, lowering the CoG of the bike height wise. Makes for a lovely ride though.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

snail posted:

Changes the fulcrum position when drag racing, resulting in fewer wheel stands and idealy more effective traction. Very easy to put too much power down and bring the front wheel up when hard on the gas when you've got a short swingarm.
You'd think at some point it'd be too long and actually end up reducing traction.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Silver posted:

It looks so unbalanced. Now if you had a Tesi you could stretch both sides.

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

BlackMK4 posted:

You'd think at some point it'd be too long and actually end up reducing traction.

I've wondered that myself, I suspect you'd be right with all the weight biased away from the desired fulcrum. Never been bothered to answer that question with some simple calculations though.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Frankston posted:

Those are some awesome looking roads.

Pretty much anything in Ohio south of Zanesville and east of Chillicothe is like that, it's a great weekend trip for me.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Gnaghi posted:

It looks so unbalanced. Now if you had a Tesi you could stretch both sides.

Hahahaha, super stretched tesi 3d lmao. Take that to a bike show. WHAT NOW BITCHES! Also have a buddy of mine who is house sitting for a guy who actually has one of those. Supposedly handles really really weird. Who'd have thought? :lol:

Content...

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

This here is a guy who is dead set on never replacing his chain, so as it stretches with use he just keeps making the swingarm longer to keep it properly adjusted. :v:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Silver posted:

Oh, look, it's a giant mud dauber.

spandexcajun
Feb 28, 2005

Suck the head for a little extra cajun flavor
Fallen Rib

SaNChEzZ posted:

First road bike I had. Mine was a '84 v45 with some big ugly windjammer looking faring on it that I never got to take off. Everyone made fun but I did not care. v 4 that reved to 12000 (or was it 14000?) RPMs, hell yes :rock: Probably not a great first bike but I loved it. Not mine but mine was just as ugly:

Sounded awesome. I think now they would all be pretty long in the tooth. Hell, mine was an old POS in 99 although it never left me stranded.

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

spandexcajun posted:

Sounded awesome. I think now they would all be pretty long in the tooth. Hell, mine was an old POS in 99 although it never left me stranded.

I ride a "super cool-looking" motorcycle and by now this right ^^^^ up here, along with being comfortable enough, are the two most important things to me in a motorcycle anymore. They're all going to be fun, because they're all motorcycles, and almost all of them are going to perform better than a car, because they're all motorcycles.

Chances are if I have a motorcycle, I'm riding it off in some remote locale, oftentimes with no cell phone coverage. Don't leave me stranded, motorcycle.

If I had an ugly one, hell it'd just be a reason to make fun of it. I don't have to look at it when I'm riding it so what the hell do I care

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY

spandexcajun posted:

I think now they would all be pretty long in the tooth.

Nah, just getting broke in. I've got a 82 v45 magna with 60k+mi that I'm going to take cross country this spring. I think the only major maintenance it's ever had to have done was the rear drive unit at 25k and the clutch at 40k.

semon demon
Jul 31, 2006

Something I did for a promo video shoot today

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fws1XkcTHys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

What's with the sparks behind the rear tyre in that picture semon demon?