Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
the fox news tsuami parody had me lying on the floor, sobbing and clawing feebly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Was that a song that was actually played on a radio station?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Seth's girlfriend is referenced in the new episode, pretty sure that's the first time she's been mentioned on the podcast?

GraPar fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 16, 2012

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
gently caress, I gave the latest episode another listen tonight and I totally forgot to watch Time Machine Chefs last Thursday :( Did anyone see it?

Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005

C-Euro posted:

gently caress, I gave the latest episode another listen tonight and I totally forgot to watch Time Machine Chefs last Thursday :( Did anyone see it?

I forgot to as well but it looks like ABC has it up for viewing online here.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
I got high and watched Seth Clips for like 3 hours yesterday, god drat that is some freaky poo poo sometimes. He's right that he should make it an installation, if someone cut up all the segments and then randomly assorted them.

Though it is kinda funny the running "jokes" that some of them have. Going from a bunch of old Letterman bits on Bush, then a COPS thing, Letterman jokes, and then just a building exploding is surreal. Just when you think it's amounting to all "oh god the Brady bunch were so popular in this weird way, also this old commercial!" and then someones' getting mowed down by a helicopter cannon.

doug fuckey fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 20, 2012

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

big business sloth posted:

I got high and watched Seth Clips for like 3 hours yesterday, god drat that is some freaky poo poo sometimes. He's right that he should make it an installation, if someone cut up all the segments and then randomly assorted them.

Though it is kinda funny the running "jokes" that some of them have. Going from a bunch of old Letterman bits on Bush, then a COPS thing, Letterman jokes, and then just a building exploding is surreal. Just when you think it's amounting to all "oh god the Brady bunch were so popular in this weird way, also this old commercial!" and then someones' getting mowed down by a helicopter cannon.

Good to hear someone is enjoying those clips as much as I did, they're such a great sampling of the best and worst things about America, and because Seth is older than me by about twelve years, some of the stuff exists right on the borders of my memory and it's such a trip to see them and try to put em historical context.

CaptainCosmo
Aug 14, 2012

I boldly went there.
Just started listening to this podcast thanks to this thread. Currently on episode 15 and enjoying Seth's weekly 'This week in Florida' and 'To catch a Predator' updates.

CaptainCosmo fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 24, 2012

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CaptainCosmo posted:

Just started listening to this podcast thanks to this thread. Currently on episode 15 and enjoying Seth's weekly 'gently caress you Florida' and 'To catch a Predator' updates.

These two are literally why I started listening to the show :)

I'm in the late 60s now and they've kind of stopped :(

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

AltronHGX posted:

Don't worry- Craigs House is right around the corner.

CaptainCosmo
Aug 14, 2012

I boldly went there.

AltronHGX posted:

I think it's because Chris Hansen single handedly caught all of the paedophiles.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When will this ludicrous worship of women and blacks stop? It's destroying America!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Yeah he totally said grand theft auto haha

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I know a great photographer!

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

12 charges of misdemeanor grand theft auto, no biggie.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

This episode kicks rear end, it's like crazies of America All-Stars.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
While I love the other stuff usually in the show - the guys talking about their lives and poo poo - definitely wouldn't mind occasionally getting some more like this week's: just a barrage of crazy people doing crazy things.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 24, 2012

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I didn't realize they had pre-recorded episodes stocked up, but I'm OK with that since the show is pretty independent of time anyway.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
What an episode. They have really just had a series of awesome eps lately. God drat.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
The one true beverage was on special. Dope

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Get on that panax, dog.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Just got to episode 297, Seth and Jonathan if you come to Korea you should not have a gun.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Depths posted:

Just got to episode 297, Seth and Jonathan if you come to Korea you should not have a gun.

Are you still doing internet comedy show? Wow. Surprising. Comedy so nice because comedy gave laughs to people so our society would smile. This comedy of yours will remain a good memory, develop and maintain kindly life.

CaptainCosmo
Aug 14, 2012

I boldly went there.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

The one true beverage was on special. Dope

I was under the impression that Coca-Cola BlāK was still 'in' (despite being tragically discontinued in 2008). Surely there can be only one true beverage? Hey Coca-Cola, stop making up words and using diacritic points to concrete the fact that your horrible drink is somehow foreign and exotic. Stop it.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Power of Pecota posted:

Are you still doing internet comedy show? Wow. Surprising. Comedy so nice because comedy gave laughs to people so our society would smile. This comedy of yours will remain a good memory, develop and maintain kindly life.

Seth, I saw your car. It was a wonderful car. Blue body, brown roof. Correct? It is a car of sincerity. How to know your car.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

mcvey posted:

Seth, I saw your car. It was a wonderful car. Blue body, brown roof. Correct? It is a car of sincerity. How to know your car.

I can't decide which is funnier, the ones that got totally out there like that or the simple ones like: I like American singers. My favorite players are Celine Dion, Shakira, and Adele.

God, that segment ruled.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

mcvey posted:

"But the 'brown' is rust."
"Well...listen, it's a car of sincerity."

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
The voicemail is down. That is not a thing of sincerity.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Every week I nervously expect to hear that Uhh Yeah Dude is going on indefinite hiatus.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

a starwar betamax posted:

Every week I nervously expect to hear that Uhh Yeah Dude is going on indefinite hiatus.

Same. Gonna be inconsolable that day. :qq:

CaptainCosmo
Aug 14, 2012

I boldly went there.
As a matter of interest, does Seth ever talk about why he doesn't speak in the vegetarian restaurant he frequents?

He spoke about this establishment in one of the early episodes, and said he would explain why he doesn't speak there "later on".

It wasn't until episode 31 when Jah mentioned that they had received a call from a listener who wanted to know why he doesn't talk in the restaurant "where he met the crazy chick", that I realised he had never explained his predicament.

The UYD Wiki says "Seth never answers", however I am unsure whether it meant ever, or in that episode alone. Does he elucidate, or forever leave us in the dark?

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

CaptainCosmo posted:

As a matter of interest, does Seth ever talk about why he doesn't speak in the vegetarian restaurant he frequents?

He spoke about this establishment in one of the early episodes, and said he would explain why he doesn't speak there "later on".

It wasn't until episode 31 when Jah mentioned that they had received a call from a listener who wanted to know why he doesn't talk in the restaurant "where he met the crazy chick", that I realised he had never explained his predicament.

The UYD Wiki says "Seth never answers", however I am unsure whether it meant ever, or in that episode alone. Does he elucidate, or forever leave us in the dark?
This may be wrong, but I believe it was revealed that he was sick of people getting his order wrong so whenever he went to that place, he just handed them the piece of paper with his order on it and didn't say anything.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Jeff Wiiver posted:

This may be wrong, but I believe it was revealed that he was sick of people getting his order wrong so whenever he went to that place, he just handed them the piece of paper with his order on it and didn't say anything.

I can back this up. In fact I think he brought it up in a very recent episode (i.e. sometime in the past month)

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

CaptainCosmo posted:

There is one episode, I don't know the number, where Seth mentions that he doesn't speak in the coffee shop or several other places he frequents. (It's always hard to discern what he's embellishing for laughs and what he's serious about.) He said that he wears sunglasses and doesn't speak, Jonathan infers that it's because he thinks he's above people and wants to put on airs to command attention, and Seth replies that he gets better service because people think he's disabled.

CaptainCosmo
Aug 14, 2012

I boldly went there.

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Hmm, thanks. That is not as interesting as I hoped it would be. Jah makes it out to be something that Seth is really embarrassed about doing. I like the idea of Seth creating this elaborate alternate persona for something as menial as ordering from a menu.

Anonymous Robot posted:

There is one episode, I don't know the number, where Seth mentions that he doesn't speak in the coffee shop or several other places he frequents. (It's always hard to discern what he's embellishing for laughs and what he's serious about.) He said that he wears sunglasses and doesn't speak, Jonathan infers that it's because he thinks he's above people and wants to put on airs to command attention, and Seth replies that he gets better service because people think he's disabled.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. Also the fact that I can't tell when he is being serious/joking is one of the reasons I find him so hilarious. I watched the clips on the Uhh Yeah Dude YouTube channel, and the face he makes when he is telling these whimsical stories is priceless; he sort of shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly as if to say "It ain't no thang".

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

It's best to assume Seth lives exactly as he tells it on the show.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

This was my favorite episode in a looong rear end time. I've been missing the "people do crazy poo poo" type segments and this was one whole hour devoted to it.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Man, my personal favorite episode has to be 275.
GODBAMA, tranny cat, Badu, Line for Line/Off the Rails, My Four loving Gay Dads, stopping the Ellen DeGeneration of Snoop Dogg, etc.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
The not-talking-at-Leaf thing is explained in episode 4 of this other podcast they appeared on: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-w-weekly/id159317945.

As others have already said, he was sick of his orders getting hosed up, so he started experimenting with giving written orders at various places (with good results). He had been doing it at that restaurant since it opened though, so when the thing with his schizophrenic soulmate happened, he couldn't just start talking for the first time because they thought he was mute. One time when he was in there his cell phone (back when he still had one) started to ring and the employees all looked at him to see what he would do. He just ignored it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Does anyone remember which episode had the bit about making a personal DVD to give to people?