Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman
By killing all the dead people in the dream bubbles, isn't Lord English just saying that he loves them? Cherubs are very violent romantics, after all. I think he's just a misunderstood person looking for love in the muliverse, and should not be looked upon as a villain.
I'm kidding, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't know subtext could get that small :stare:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Cat Mattress posted:

I think it tries way too hard to put song names into game terminology even when it doesn't make sense at all; at the same time makes a half-assed go at it, instead of really trying to justify that this song name really does correspond to something in the game. (E.g., "atomyk ebonpyre" being a type of zone where monsters are more aggressive.)

Hussie is a master wordsmith. When he takes random words and mash them up into a strange paste to get things like "captchalog" or "sepulchritude", he knows precisely the meaning of each of the words mangled in these Frankeinstein's vocabulary and makes them relevant. There's nothing that says or implies the idea of a zone, area, etc. in "ebonpyre". It's an ebony pyre. Lexical field evokes fire, funerals, exotic wood, and the color black. None of that conveys the idea that "the Lands of Sburb Players are covered in zones called Ebonpyres." Likewise "octoroon rangoon" is a disease that causes Troll typing quirks? WTF have mixed-race people and the (former) Burmese capital got to do with typing quirks?

You're reading too much into it. It's just a tremendously dense collection of nerd references. There are callbacks to Two Best Friends Play Sburb, for goodness sake. It's not a serious analyses of the subject matter.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Tollymain posted:

I didn't know subtext could get that small :stare:
That's the Homestuck fandom for you! :v:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
If anyone wants to download my remix of Cobalt Corsair, i have it up on Soundcloud.

Also, Imbrog's remix of Rust Servant is on Soundcloud as well.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

FronzelNeekburm posted:

That's the Homestuck fandom for you! :v:
I thought that would be:

Mystic Mongol posted:

You're reading too much into it.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, that was the one I was thinking of, thanks.

And now I present: Another weird theory from Tumblr! (I'll trim it down to the essentials)

With weird followup from someone else:

It's a bad sign when this wacky theory actually sound reasonable.
http://bladekindeyewear.tumblr.com/post/30089738347/gamzee-ectobiology-theory

Some of the arguments really do make sense. Gamzee is hiding in the future, which is why the meteor crew haven't seen him. He used Aradia's old time travel devices (which were still on the meteor) to travel far into the future on the meteor's own timeline, will spend three years raising Caliborn/Calliope and then travel back to be around the meteor in time for its entry to the Alpha session. During those three years he raises the cherub until it can fend for itself, sets up all the strange devices that controls its life, and imparts the habit of honking (as well as leaving some special stardust behind).

It kind of makes sense, and at the same time is kind of completely nuts. The "Jade and Dave's ecto-child" stuff I could take or leave. It's probably just some idle speculation that goes nowhere, but the glory if it's on the money!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Mystic Mongol posted:

You're reading too much into it. It's just a tremendously dense collection of nerd references. There are callbacks to Two Best Friends Play Sburb, for goodness sake. It's not a serious analyses of the subject matter.

Really? I missed that one.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Random question borne out of casual curiosity for any of you music-team folks out there that may be reading the thread; feel free to dismiss any or all of it if it's too close to the boundaries of personal information.

I was curious what exactly your working relationship is with AH? Are you actually 'employed' by him, like a real legal paid job with taxes and all that good stuff, or is it more akin to a freelance gig? Are there 'bonuses' involved for songs that actually get used in the comic? Or is compensation strictly based on album sales?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Cabbit posted:

Really? I missed that one.

The reference to [Space Rave], and the weirdly phrased comment on Space Eyes frm the... flow section? Or rhythm, maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N8HOWTja_s

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
Is this the day that Treestuck finishes act 5?

please say yes

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Snollygoster posted:

Is this the day that Treestuck finishes act 5?

please say yes

Considering she has received (and agreed to) explicit instructions to stop at the point where we were left on a 2-3 month hiatus (AH: Close Tome) to stew on everything and gather her thoughts and predictions before continuing, I'd say that's unlikely, even if she does do any posting today.

It's probably good she stops there, honestly, because if she gets to the pages immediately before Cascade without taking a break to collect herself she's going to have a hard time coming to a complete stop at, you know, Jade abruptly being DEAD. I remember one recent liveblogger absolutely refused to do an audio-reaction to [S] JOHN: RISE UP because there was just no way she could stop and take the time to set it up, she was too invested in John's sudden and unexpected quest bed death and absolutely HAD to see what happened next IMMEDIATELY.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 26, 2012

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
Everyone listen to Radiation's PageOfMelody's chiptune remix of Megalovania and a bunch of other songs. It's way rad.

ooops I don't know how Tumblr works

Dark Grapefruit fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 27, 2012

Scale Model Giant
Jan 19, 2009
I don't think Radiation made that, it looks like he's just reblogging it. Still pretty sweet though.

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman
Ok, Hussie. It's been another week. It's been a day under a month since the last update. I'm starting to get anxious.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Doug Rattman posted:

Ok, Hussie. It's been another week. It's been a day under a month since the last update. I'm starting to get anxious.

He already mentioned in his twitter yesterday that it'll be a few more days.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of music and waits, wasn't there supposed to be a third solo album this month?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Cat Mattress posted:

Speaking of music and waits, wasn't there supposed to be a third solo album this month?

Yeah, Alexander Rosetti's is meant to be coming out soonish. There isn't a clearer ETA on that than on the update, though!

(Some things I like that are his: Courser (with Beatfox), the Squiddles theme, Catchyegrabber, Horschestra, Raggy Looking Dance...)

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Aug 27, 2012

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I would really hate to be in Andrew Hussie's shoes because there is no possible way he can end Homestuck without thousands of horrible nerds calling for his public execution.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I figured Problem Sleuth proved he knows how to end a story. And it's not like thousands of horrible nerds weren't already doing that.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hasn't that been going on since the ectobiology thing made half the ships at the time incestuous? (Not that that's stopped them, of course.) Homestuck has a really... passionate fandom.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

I would really hate to be in Andrew Hussie's shoes because there is no possible way he can end Homestuck without thousands of horrible nerds calling for his public execution.

The most rabid fans already consider Andrew Hussie's scribblings to be secondary in importance to their own vast web of headcanon fanfics. Homestuck will never die. Years from now, while we are all enjoying Year 3 of And It Don't Stop II, Homestuck will still be getting dragged through the remains of tumblr. And as an aging asexual soulbonder reblogs the latest human-pony-fem-Eridan/schoolgirl-Fallout-furry-John slash fic, Homestuck will pray for its own death. But as sweet release continues to be denied Homestuck will only be able to curse the name of the creator who forsook it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gabriel Pope posted:

The most rabid fans already consider Andrew Hussie's scribblings to be secondary in importance to their own vast web of headcanon fanfics. Homestuck will never die. Years from now, while we are all enjoying Year 3 of And It Don't Stop II, Homestuck will still be getting dragged through the remains of tumblr. And as an aging asexual soulbonder reblogs the latest human-pony-fem-Eridan/schoolgirl-Fallout-furry-John slash fic, Homestuck will pray for its own death. But as sweet release continues to be denied Homestuck will only be able to curse the name of the creator who forsook it.

It Has No Mouth And It Must Scream

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.

Gabriel Pope posted:

It's the only thing Hussie can never kill. :(

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Dark Grapefruit posted:

It's the only thing Hussie can never kill. :(

God dammit don't tempt him.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Such unpleasant thoughts we're having lately. Why don't we imagine happy things instead, like what it will be like when poo poo gets real enough to merit posing as a team.

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away

Bongo Bill posted:

Such unpleasant thoughts we're having lately. Why don't we imagine happy things instead, like what it will be like when poo poo gets real enough to merit posing as a team.

Or how giant a loving picture that's going to be, since at this point we've got eight kids and 13 trolls. If we meet the rest of the ancestors, that's going to be 24 trolls, eight kids, and knowing Hussie, we'll end up meeting the pre-scratch trolls and their ancestors. Posing as a team will look like the world's most hosed up class photo.

vvvHell no, it will be my wallpaper for many months.vvv

Angry Guacamole fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Aug 28, 2012

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Would you have it any other way?

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Angry Guacamole posted:

Or how giant a loving picture that's going to be, since at this point we've got eight kids and 13 trolls. If we meet the rest of the ancestors, that's going to be 24 trolls, eight kids, and knowing Hussie, we'll end up meeting the pre-scratch trolls and their ancestors. Posing as a team will look like the world's most hosed up class photo.

vvvHell no, it will be my wallpaper for many months.vvv

Willing to bet Terezi pulls a Daredevil and faces the wrong way.

Edit: Alternately one of the blind Solluxs. (Solluxes? Solluxi? ..Solluxii?)

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Epilogue alone will be longer than Problem Sleuth. We will know how Fedora Freak is doing. We will know how the Hand Maiden is doing. We will know how every single Aradiabot is doing.
We will not know who "This rear end in a top hat" is though.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
This update needs to hurry up. I'm just about caught up with my reread.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Midnight Raider posted:

Willing to bet Terezi pulls a Daredevil and faces the wrong way.

Edit: Alternately one of the blind Solluxs. (Solluxes? Solluxi? ..Solluxii?)
Sollux is already plural.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Solluxanders.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
Sollices

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Thollucktheth

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The correct plural is Sollucetomnibus.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The plural of Sollux is Sollux, like sheep.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So, this is what would have happened if the thread hadn't been closed during Cascade, huh?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Nate RFB posted:

So, this is what would have happened if the thread hadn't been closed during Cascade, huh?

That or discussion about creepy fan fiction or creepy fan art or creepy shipping or anything else bordering on creepy. Or Vriskachat.

Speaking of Vriskachat, here's my reasoning behind Vriska's death, you see

(EDIT: but seriously, Andrew said on twitter just a few more days so I'm pretty sure we'll get something by the end of the week)

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If Jack Noir fought SSJ3 Goku, who would win?