Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
These shitheads are off for two more weeks? Seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Yeah I was going to complain about that, too, but then they played Gange and Grillo refusing to leave Stuttering John's apartment which I can't ever hear enough.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Argh my commute sucks when I don't have the show downloaded to listen to.
Quick, someone post a collection!

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
loving Nick and Artie are off too. gently caress.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
When is the last time Stern has worked on a Thursday?

CapnPyro
Mar 18, 2003
I draw stuff.
My drive time listening habits are slowly migrating to Pandora only.. this isn't boding well for my Sirius subscription (or I imagine, possibly thousands of others).

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Listening to the All Out Show on Shade 45 always tides me over. White People Wednesday is always loving hilarious.

Rude Jude always interrupts gangster rap with 80s pop songs, then people call in angry.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Smeep posted:

Yeah I was going to complain about that, too, but then they played Gange and Grillo refusing to leave Stuttering John's apartment which I can't ever hear enough.

Listening to this on YouTube now. I can only imagine those three knuckleheads all living in the same apartment.

"Gorilla is as homeless as an actual Gorilla." :lol:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

Listening to this on YouTube now. I can only imagine those three knuckleheads all living in the same apartment.

"Gorilla is as homeless as an actual Gorilla." :lol:

"But I have no place to go!"

alternatively

"Bud I 'ave no plaze do go!"

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

"Squadder's righds!"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sand Monster posted:

"Squadder's righds!"

Grillo was practically Fred's muse in the same way KC was Richard's. Good times. :allears:

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Smeep posted:

It's amazing. One of the few times I could say I sided with John.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Manifest posted:

Argh my commute sucks when I don't have the show downloaded to listen to.
Quick, someone post a collection!

Driving and going to the gym suck more without Howard and Nick and Artie.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

It's true, as much as I hate Nick, I always listen to that if I'm all caught up on Stern, then DOUBLE VACATIONS.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Well I'm sure Bubba would like more listeners.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Have you listened to his show at all recently? I haven't. Just wondering if there's any good drama or stories going on with it.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Bonzo posted:

that's too much like listening to Redneck Jackass: The Radio Play for me.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

No and since Spice left I have no desire to. I assume the show is now just mostly Bubba sprouting off really stupid political rants and Brent doing his usual paranoid pot head conspiracy stuff.

However, I may start watching TNA because I just heard that Eric the ACK ACK is going to be on there.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/Howard_Stern_Regular_Joining_TNA_Dixie_Carter_Comments_After_Thursday_s_Impact.html

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Is there anything on this show funnier than JD fumfering every time anyone asks him the most basic of questions that he doesn't want to answer? Cracks me up every time.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Joe Don Baker posted:

Have you listened to his show at all recently? I haven't. Just wondering if there's any good drama or stories going on with it.

There isn't, the show has fallen far and show prep has gone out the window. The formula is now condensed from commercial to a news story to a semi related old bit, repeated ad nauseam.

Bubba has given up on the show and just rather play at his raceway.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Bonzo posted:

No and since Spice left I have no desire to. I assume the show is now just mostly Bubba sprouting off really stupid political rants and Brent doing his usual paranoid pot head conspiracy stuff.

However, I may start watching TNA because I just heard that Eric the ACK ACK is going to be on there.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/Howard_Stern_Regular_Joining_TNA_Dixie_Carter_Comments_After_Thursday_s_Impact.html

I know nothing about wrestling. Please tell me when and where I can see this!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ether Frenzy posted:

Is there anything on this show funnier than JD fumfering every time anyone asks him the most basic of questions that he doesn't want to answer? Cracks me up every time.

JD is such a goon.

If SA still had DPPH I would buy him an account.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Viktor posted:

There isn't, the show has fallen far and show prep has gone out the window. The formula is now condensed from commercial to a news story to a semi related old bit, repeated ad nauseam.

Bubba has given up on the show and just rather play at his raceway.

I have heard the Ned "Sandusky Raped Me" song parody every time I have tuned in to the show for the last two months. And I can only listen to his sad attempt to regain the love of I-4 corridor white trash by bashing Obama for two seconds before I'm off to 107.3.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Spice kept that show together. If you listen to the really early stuff when he was just an intern it was just horrible. Spice was a good producer and on air talent and had zero fear about calling Bubba out at any time when the show was leaning toward racing or 3 hour Hulk Hogan divorce updates.

He also booked some really awesome guests when Bubba was booking bands like REO Speedwagon, Seven Mary Three, Candlebox and Sister Hazel in 2008

Some Fridays it sounds like a free concert at a State Fair

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Bonzo posted:

He also booked some really awesome guests when Bubba was booking bands like REO Speedwagon, Seven Mary Three, Candlebox and Sister Hazel in 2008

Some Fridays it sounds like a free concert at a State Fair

Oh c'mon now, he booked Rebel, Inc today! (and then proceeded to do a 35 minute IO show)

Spice was smart to jump ship, he's doing well at night on the Bone. And the app he put out actually works and is pretty current with podcasts to stream. Which is a lot more than you can say about Bubba.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
So I never knew what DePace looked like and I thought I'd look him up.

Thanks, Google.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Joe Don Baker posted:

When is the last time Stern has worked on a Thursday?

December 15th 2011.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

CrazyAss13 posted:

I think this was about a bit they had where some of the staff dressed in drag for a contest, and Will was voted the best looking girl.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've listened to in a while.

:aaaaa: I had no idea this dude ever amounted to anything. I used to have such a crush on him when I was a pre-teen and he was doing Jenny Jones bits. :swoon:

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

ROFL at Wikipedia editing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Howard_Stern_Show_staff#Tim_.27The_Bathroom_Bandit.27_Sabean

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Former Human posted:

December 15th 2011.

So the whole 4 day week then 3 day week only lasted a year? drat.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Is Robin still doing the show on an ISDN line?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

an adult beverage posted:

Yes.

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009
Gary enrages me with his confidence and the fact that he'll run into the studio and try to be the authority on something he obviously knows nothing about. When it is pointed out hes completely wrong he'll go "I see" and launch into an explanation like he had previous knowledge. Gary is really annoying after all these years.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

an adult beverage posted:

I swear, after she mentioned how Rosie O'Donnel has been checking on her all the time, I'm convinced that Robin is going through cancer treatments.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Manifest posted:

I swear, after she mentioned how Rosie O'Donnel has been checking on her all the time, I'm convinced that Robin is going through cancer treatments.

Um... I thought that we all thought that. Like, borderline common knowledge.

If it was just a surgical excision, she would have recovered completely by now.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
It's so weird that a show that prides itself on honesty about everything in the participants' lives has been so hush-hush about Robin's medical problems.

CapnPyro
Mar 18, 2003
I draw stuff.
If you're wondering about honesty RE: Robin, she was practically bald in the last several photos we've seen of her (pre being sick), how come noone mentions it? She literally has like 1 or 2 dreads left on top of her head

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Howard is bald too. He wears a wig that he dyes.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Robin has never been a part of the honesty, she is still the "rock" that should be keeping them on even ground when Howard goes on witch hunts and asks about people's butt holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

CapnPyro posted:

If you're wondering about honesty RE: Robin, she was practically bald in the last several photos we've seen of her (pre being sick), how come noone mentions it? She literally has like 1 or 2 dreads left on top of her head

One theory has been "traction alopecia" -- she's going bald because her hair is continually being pulled out by too-tight dreads.