Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Chickenfrogman posted:

Yay, it only took two weeks for another Brosuke to appear.

I've been playing him since release... Do you have a better fatal combo than this? :

2C (fc) 5C 236B, falling j. 2C, 2A 2B 2C j.B j.B j. 2B
dj. B B 2B kunai super

I also pretty desperately need a corner BnB to use instead of my regular one for some extra damage.

Elephunk fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Aug 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
I believe 2C 236B j. 2C 2A 2B 2C JB J2B dj JB J2B 236 A 236 A 236D Super does more damage, but I'm not sure off the top of my head. That's what I've been using and it hits for about 5.5 K. Dunno for corner BnBs, I've just been using my usual combo that hits for almost 3k in most non fatal situations. I is not that good.

Just run around and be annoying as hell VS Kanji. Bait his DP, bait him into diving you. Crouching his dive is a free fatal 2C and he really has no options to catch you running away, so you can pick fights at your leisure.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

EventHubs compiled a post with a Yosuke combo video/guide, a Yosuke corner Fatal Counter loop, a Mitsuru beginner's guide, an Akihiko combo video, and a couple other things: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...fgc-episode-13/

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 26, 2012

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.

Chickenfrogman posted:

I believe 2C 236B j. 2C 2A 2B 2C JB J2B dj JB J2B 236 A 236 A 236D Super does more damage, but I'm not sure off the top of my head. That's what I've been using and it hits for about 5.5 K. Dunno for corner BnBs, I've just been using my usual combo that hits for almost 3k in most non fatal situations. I is not that good.

Just run around and be annoying as hell VS Kanji. Bait his DP, bait him into diving you. Crouching his dive is a free fatal 2C and he really has no options to catch you running away, so you can pick fights at your leisure.

Thanks, and thanks to SN64 for linking the Yosuke and Akihiko combo videos. This'll help. I'll work on those for sure, and I'll try to see if there's a sane way to trick someone into getting hit by :frogout:. Obviously there wouldn't be an easy way, and comboing into it is likely out of the question, but a sane one is fine nonetheless. I landed it a few times, but the opponent was basically not paying attention/getting cocky in both cases. It comes out quickly enough compared to the other IKs.

deepshock fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Aug 27, 2012

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

EventHubs compiled a post with a Yosuke combo video/guide, a Yosuke corner Fatal Counter loop, a Mitsuru beginner's guide, an Akihiko combo video, and a couple other things: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...fgc-episode-13/

A lot of these Akihiko combos aren't good. Use meter in situations where you can get as much or slightly less damage for using 0 bar. I know it's a "combo video" but it's also made with the intention of teaching people and it's throwing in some Bad Stuff like random 2a's after 5a which will scale the combo unnecessarily when you have plenty of time to confirm off 5b and 2b afterward. Also Maziodyne is an awful combo super.

On the other hand he used my EX hook fatal counter combo so it's a good video.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I know I probably won't get a good answer, but somebody please tell me Score Attack gets at least a little easier after CPU Yosuke's complete bullshit.

Cause if that's the only way I'll get the extra Navigator voices, gently caress it, I'll just get some points and buy them.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Manoueverable posted:

I know I probably won't get a good answer, but somebody please tell me Score Attack gets at least a little easier after CPU Yosuke's complete bullshit.

Cause if that's the only way I'll get the extra Navigator voices, gently caress it, I'll just get some points and buy them.

NO. Just no.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Manoueverable posted:

Haha, if only.

Yosuke and Naoto are there to trick into thinking you might be able to beat Score Attack one day. Then Yukiko kills you from full health in one combo.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Manoueverable posted:

I did it with shadow labrys after god knows how many hours, they will gently caress you up. The only way to win is to trap them in a loop that the AI can't recognize they're dying to, which thankfully isn't too hard. At least with shabrys this involved mostly getting a knockdown with my R-action, and doing meaty command grabs into a combo over and over.

CaptainPoopsock
May 2, 2005

My dear cherry blossoms.. bloom in full splendor!
Anyone up for putting a scrubby PS3 lobby together for practice/casual screwing around?

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
I'm expecting this game to be in the mail tomorrow, so I'm super excited to start playing my first fighting game in a long while. I just want to know a few preemptive things.

Is there a preferred order of going through everyone's story modes? I'm thinking of starting with Yu.

How much pain should I expect from playing online or in one of the goon tourneys?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

TheLoser posted:

Is there a preferred order of going through everyone's story modes? I'm thinking of starting with Yu.

The way Story Mode is set up, at the beginning only Yu, Yosuke, Yukiko, and Chie are available. Pick one, and play it as far as you can. You'll eventually hit a cliffhanger on that character's story, at which point you'll have to stop and do someone else's. Getting to the cliffhanger on at least one of the initial four stories unlocks Kanji and Teddie.

Get a second character to their cliffhanger to unlock Naoto, Mitsuru, Akihiko, and Aigis. Then get one of those four to their cliffhanger to unlock Labrys's story. She doesn't have a cliffhanger, and once you've cleared her story mode, you can clear everyone else's stories past the cliffhangers. Once you've full-cleared Labrys, a Persona 4 character, and a Persona 3 character, you'll unlock Elizabeth's story.

Once you've full-cleared everyone's stories, you'll unlock Teddie as a Navigator for versus and online; you don't need to get 100% story completion, you just need to get a full-clear with each character.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Is there a list that people who are playing this on 360 can add their GT's to?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yu's story mode is a lot longer then the others, I'd save him for near the end.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

W.T. Fits posted:

The way Story Mode is set up, at the beginning only Yu, Yosuke, Yukiko, and Chie are available. Pick one, and play it as far as you can. You'll eventually hit a cliffhanger on that character's story, at which point you'll have to stop and do someone else's. Getting to the cliffhanger on at least one of the initial four stories unlocks Kanji and Teddie.

Get a second character to their cliffhanger to unlock Naoto, Mitsuru, Akihiko, and Aigis. Then get one of those four to their cliffhanger to unlock Labrys's story. She doesn't have a cliffhanger, and once you've cleared her story mode, you can clear everyone else's stories past the cliffhangers. Once you've full-cleared Labrys, a Persona 4 character, and a Persona 3 character, you'll unlock Elizabeth's story.

Once you've full-cleared everyone's stories, you'll unlock Teddie as a Navigator for versus and online; you don't need to get 100% story completion, you just need to get a full-clear with each character.

Kanji doesn't have a cliffhanger, I got all the way to the end first time and didn't unlock anything.

It also didn't count as a full clear for some reason? Do I have to go back and choose all the dialogue options?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
kanji/chie/yukiko have bad endings

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

darealkooky posted:

kanji/chie/yukiko have bad endings

Oh ok, didn't know that. I usually don't care about story mode in these games but it's actually really cool to see the Persona characters again.

Also are there pics of the different palettes? I found this list online of each character's color references and was wondering if these are all in the game or if you have to buy some:

Yu: Ky Kiske, Ragna the Bloodedge, P3 Protagonist + Orpheus, Ryoji Mochizuki
Yosuke: Chipp Zanuff, Jin Kisaragi, Eikichi Mishina + Hades, Jin Shirato
Chie: Jam Kuradoberi, Makoto Nanaya, Yukari Takeba + Io, Fuuka Yamagishi
Yukiko: Anji Mito, Carl Clover, Chidori + Medea, Yukari Takeba
Kanji: Potemkin, Iron Tager, Baofu + Odysseus, Akihiko
Teddie: Faust, Taokaka, Jack Frost + Pyro Jack, Koromaru
Naoto: May, Hazama, Yukino Mayuzumi + Durga, Ken Amada
Mitsuru: Axl Low, Litchi Faye-Ling, Maya Amano + Artemis, Margaret
Akihiko: Slayer, Bang Shishigami, Takaya + Hypnos, Takaya
Aigis: Justice, v-13, Metis + Psyche, Labrys
Labrys: Baiken, Lambda-11, Aigis + Palladion, Female P3 Protagonist
Shadow Labrys: Sol Badguy, Mu-12, Eriko Kirishima + Nike, Marie
Elizabeth: Dizzy, Relius Clover*, Joker + Joker-Nyarlathotep, Shinjiro Aragaki

Pretty cool that they reference both Persona and Arc Sys stuff.

AmadeusVonBlastoise
Jul 4, 2008

AMADEUS AMADEUS
~DO~DO~
~DO~DO~
Just played a good game last night and got beaten to a bloody pulp by someone who knew what they were doing. There really is a large gulf between people who think they know what to do in a situation, and those that know exactly what to do. This rear end-kicking is just one step on the stairway to maturity!

I've never been so excited about getting my rear end-kicked before.

Edit: Better toss this back up with my name on it

PS3: P4:A Goons List posted:

Fumaofthelake (plays Elizabeth)
RevolverChicken7 (plays Yosuke)
Static_Rook (plays Kanji)
cveachmartin (plays Yukiko?)
Cake__Attack (plays Labrys/Yu)
Drinkmorewater (plays Random)
FreyaXI (hasn't unwrapped game yet)
purgatos (plays Elizabeth/Labrys)
Dezinus (plays jobs)
LawnGnomeAttack (plays Kanji/Chie)
MangaCarta (plays one (1) Labrys combo)
SA_Pause (plays Yukiko)
DarkHamsterlord (plays Smash Bros)
sidereal89 (plays Mitsuru)
Zexerous (plays Chie)
SA_DIZZ (Plays Teddie)
NeoDrazko (Plays Yukiko/Naoto)
MrAristocrates (Plays Kanji)
jmcrofts (plays Kanji)
Antignition (Plays Akihiko)
MotivatedSlacker (plays Mitsuru/Labrys)
CronoX23 (Only Teddie)
Darealkooky- (Elizabeth and Narukami)
Roguemagus (plays Teddie)
Lothire (learning Yu/Akihiko)
FighterKnuckles (Plays Yu and Yukiko)
TheTofuShop (Plays Naoto/Akihiko)
DeenusEnvy (plays Yosuke)
TheArchimage (plays Teddie)
BiffManjaw (plays Yosuke/Chie badly)

AmadeusVonBlastoise fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 28, 2012

Alcoholism
Nov 17, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Oh ok, didn't know that. I usually don't care about story mode in these games but it's actually really cool to see the Persona characters again.

Also are there pics of the different palettes? I found this list online of each character's color references and was wondering if these are all in the game or if you have to buy some:

I think most of the colors that are based on other things are DLC. I play Kanji and I know his Potemkin and Tager colors were DLC.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.

Black Mage Knight posted:

Is there a list that people who are playing this on 360 can add their GT's to?

I can start one. This is my favorite fighting game to come out this year and I figure any non-randoms I can play this with are welcome.

X360 Personagoons list posted:

Deepshock (Yosuke, Chie, Akihiko)

deepshock fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 28, 2012

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yu: Ky Kiske, Ragna the Bloodedge, P3 Protagonist + Orpheus, Ryoji Mochizuki
Yosuke: Chipp Zanuff, Jin Kisaragi, Eikichi Mishina + Hades, Jin Shirato
Chie: Jam Kuradoberi, Makoto Nanaya, Yukari Takeba + Io, Fuuka Yamagishi
Yukiko: Anji Mito, Carl Clover, Chidori + Medea, Yukari Takeba
Kanji: Potemkin, Iron Tager, Baofu + Odysseus, Akihiko
Teddie: Faust, Taokaka, Jack Frost + Pyro Jack, Koromaru
Naoto: May, Hazama, Yukino Mayuzumi + Durga, Ken Amada
Mitsuru: Axl Low, Litchi Faye-Ling, Maya Amano + Artemis, Margaret
Akihiko: Slayer, Bang Shishigami, Takaya + Hypnos, Takaya
Aigis: Justice, v-13, Metis + Psyche, Labrys
Labrys: Baiken, Lambda-11, Aigis + Palladion, Female P3 Protagonist
Shadow Labrys: Sol Badguy, Mu-12, Eriko Kirishima + Nike, Marie
Elizabeth: Dizzy, Relius Clover*, Joker + Joker-Nyarlathotep, Shinjiro Aragaki

Pretty cool that they reference both Persona and Arc Sys stuff.

The second Persona cameo colors were from a code Famitsu gave away, and haven't heard anything about them being available in the US release in any shape or form. The others are from the DLC color pack available, and if you do enough searching around, you'll probably find pics of all of them.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Forest Thief Pud posted:

The second Persona cameo colors were from a code Famitsu gave away, and haven't heard anything about them being available in the US release in any shape or form. The others are from the DLC color pack available, and if you do enough searching around, you'll probably find pics of all of them.
Cool, found pics of the GG and BB colors here

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?13556-P4U-Characters-feat-GG-amp-BB-colors

The Kanji ones are cool but the best one is Teddykaka

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I really want that P3 protagonist coloured Labrys.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Alcoholism posted:

I think most of the colors that are based on other things are DLC. I play Kanji and I know his Potemkin and Tager colors were DLC.

The DLC is three references (Persona, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue) and then the 5 gimmick palettes (heavily inked, greyscale, sepia, black, gold). Any other references (Yu as whatshisname from AGE, Yukiko as one of the Madoka girls, etc) is in the default palettes.

Alcoholism
Nov 17, 2010

As long as we're talking about palettes, I've noticed it won't let me use some of the gimmick ones online - specifically, I set Kanji's Persona to a DLC palette that's mostly black with a red lightning bolt. If I go online (or only in Ranked?) this gets changed back to the default colors. The horrible obnoxious gold palette doesn't work, either.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Now much does the color palette DLC cost?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Some cool poo poo I came up with. Read video description for more info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mEpF9hIJjY

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

That's really cool but wouldn't you just want to punish it before the super cancel point anyway? Preferable with FC 5B so you just go into the normal FC loops? Or is this for other situations?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

NecroMonster posted:

Now much does the color palette DLC cost?

$2 for a three-character pack, $6 for the lot. Each character gets three new colors, but two are only usable offline.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6rsQsmzzjw

Is this really hard to do or do I just suck?

edit for content: I always drop the5C at the end (2B, 5C). You can hear him using slower timing for these hits in the video, I'm just wondering if it's a 1f input or something because in 2 days I got it to work once

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Y'know, this game's release made me realize I'd never actually completed Persona 4 back when it was on PS2. (Had to watch Feinne's excellent LP to see the ending). Still got the disc, even have a thin PS2 player... but for some drat reason the PS2 won't read it. It'll read anything else I've got, but not that. And I don't have the type of PS3 that can emulate PS2s.

So I guess that means I'm down to waiting for Golden to release in November for the Vita. Dang. Well, hopefully it'll all feel fresh by then.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
How do I deal with S. Lab's awakening super? I feel like I basically just can't do poo poo for the duration after she activates it.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx

Elephunk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6rsQsmzzjw

Is this really hard to do or do I just suck?

edit for content: I always drop the5C at the end (2B, 5C). You can hear him using slower timing for these hits in the video, I'm just wondering if it's a 1f input or something because in 2 days I got it to work once

I can't really say that feels like it's worth it. Yosuke's simple FC BNB does 5.4k for vastly easier execution compared to that. Unless you're learning it just to style of course.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Whose story should I finish last? I want to save the big bang ending for last but don't know which character is going to have it. Is it Yu or Elizabeth? I imagine Elizabeth's is going to have pretty big ramifications for the ending, but Yu being the MC and all makes me inclined to leave his for last.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

Whose story should I finish last? I want to save the big bang ending for last but don't know which character is going to have it. Is it Yu or Elizabeth? I imagine Elizabeth's is going to have pretty big ramifications for the ending, but Yu being the MC and all makes me inclined to leave his for last.

Probably Elizabeth. If anything, Yu's is the one you should finish first, because it gives you the clearest idea of what's going on (aside from, oddly enough, Naoto's of all people).

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Oxxidation posted:

Probably Elizabeth. If anything, Yu's is the one you should finish first, because it gives you the clearest idea of what's going on (aside from, oddly enough, Naoto's of all people).

Naoto's a detective, if anyone has an answer to 'what the gently caress' it's her.

Any idea on where I can pick this up in Australia when it comes out, presumably next week? I've never had great luck on finding Atlus games here for fairly obvious reasons.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
Is this even coming out in australia¿ I haven't been able to find out anything.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Cleretic posted:

Naoto's a detective, if anyone has an answer to 'what the gently caress' it's her.

Funnily enough, Chie figures out a lot of the plot on her own as well, which is a nice carry-over from her character in P4.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Jehuti posted:

Is this even coming out in australia¿ I haven't been able to find out anything.

The European release date is supposedly on the seventh according to any source I can find, but the Persona Europe Facebook page seems to have been saying that Zen doesn't actually know. I've found no word whatsoever on an Australian date, but presumably we'd be in the European region and so able to use the European version when it comes out, right?

EDIT: JB Hi-Fi apparently has it for pre-order with a release date of New Year's Eve, but I'm pretty sure that's a placeholder. Amazon UK says the 31st, but nothing else does.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

That's really cool but wouldn't you just want to punish it before the super cancel point anyway?

You can't... unless you hit her out of the air. Which will reduce your punish damage by 1000-2000 dmg depending on screen position. It's also distance dependent. Punishing her DP in the air with 5B is a 1f punish from max range when dash startup is accounted for.

There's also just the matter of reacting to it. The timing for this is really lenient and is about the same as if you opted for a safe 5a as she landed.

Edit: Also if she supers she just wasted meter for no reason. There's really no reason not to do this punish because it does more damage in every situation, is easy, and only costs 25 meter.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Aug 29, 2012

• Locked thread