Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Paul Scheer is so good at Improv that Matt Besser, who coached him, likened him to an extremely good point guard that can play every role in an improv troupe and in one of their shows where each player had a specific improv role, Paul's role was 'X-Factor' which meant he could do all the roles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Saying that Paul Scheer is not good at improv is one of the most laughable comments I've heard in a long time. It's just so uniformed to the point that I almost believe you said it just to see what the response would be to such a stupid comment.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Deadpool posted:

Saying that Paul Scheer is not good at improv is one of the most laughable comments I've heard in a long time. It's just so uniformed to the point that I almost believe you said it just to see what the response would be to such a stupid comment.

You see he is bad at improv because he's not a great host.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Deadpool posted:

This is called "trolling." (I'm not trolling.)

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

epitasis posted:

This is called "trolling." (I'm not trolling.)

I think you just need to see him improv on something else.

When he's hosting HDTGM it's more like an excited kid hanging out with his friends. He's having fun. When he does improv he's working and he's great.

EDIT:

epitasis posted:

(I chatted up Nick Kroll at a bar once for a good half-hour and he was super nice and down-to-earth. I think he was pretty pleased because on first impressions he took me for a The League fan and those trend toward typical bros, but when I approached him it was first to tell him how Fabrice Fabrice puts me in absolute hysterics.)

Hahahaha, yeah, I'm sure he was relieved that you weren't just some philistine. Right.

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 29, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

epitasis posted:

No, I listen to How Did This Get Made regularly in addition to all his CBB appearances. He regularly flubs sentences and makes basic factual mistakes about things. I don't think he's particularly good at improv, either - in this episode it's pretty glaring how often he has to "reset" - but he's still likable.

Amended: Paul Scheer may be technically good at the mechanics of improv but he's not funny so who cares

I don't watch The League because not even Nick Kroll can make that show funny. :smug:

(I chatted up Nick Kroll at a bar once for a good half-hour and he was super nice and down-to-earth. I think he was pretty pleased because on first impressions he took me for a The League fan and those trend toward typical bros, but when I approached him it was first to tell him how Fabrice Fabrice puts me in absolute hysterics.)

Sorry about your terrible taste dog.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

the league is such a bro show, bros

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Nick Kroll's words, not mine. :) (I was wearing a college football jersey at the time.)

edit: lol a lot of you are awful mad that Nick Kroll doesn't like every single fan of a show you also like. as if the guy that created Bobby Bottleservice doesn't have a comic contempt for bros get real

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 10, 2012

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I would like to think that if I saw nick kroll I'd just do a very flamboyant "mmmmhmmmm hellooo" and he would go right into fabrice fabrice. If I wasn't on my phone I'd post that smiley with the hands under his chin

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Crazyweasel posted:

I would like to think that if I saw nick kroll I'd just do a very flamboyant "mmmmhmmmm hellooo" and he would go right into fabrice fabrice. If I wasn't on my phone I'd post that smiley with the hands under his chin

:allears:

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution

Crazyweasel posted:

He's cut (but he's uncut)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think CBB fans would be very wise to check out tonight's improv4humans. The guests tonight are gonna be awesome for sure. It's out in a little over an hour.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Deadpool posted:

I think CBB fans would be very wise to check out tonight's improv4humans. The guests tonight are gonna be awesome for sure. It's out in a little over an hour.

How are you finding out the guests prior to midnight PST?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Conduit for Sale! posted:

How are you finding out the guests prior to midnight PST?

They upload the pictures for each show early. So if you know who is definitely on the show, like the host, you can pretty easily see the pictures of the guests that night by looking on their page.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Deadpool posted:

They upload the pictures for each show early. So if you know who is definitely on the show, like the host, you can pretty easily see the pictures of the guests that night by looking on their page.

Well goddamn ain't you the clever one.

Also yes this lineup owns.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

And we're talking about quadruple penetration five minutes in. And Jason wasn't even the one that brought it up.

EDIT: Holy poo poo this episode, hahahaha

X-O fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Aug 30, 2012

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Deadpool posted:

And we're talking about quadruple penetration five minutes in. And Jason wasn't even the one that brought it up.

EDIT: Holy poo poo this episode, hahahaha

It was a really, really good episode and I hope they get that lineup back again soon. The fecal blowthrough bit was one of the funniest ones they've had in there in a while.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Oh poo poo, looks good. Is there an Improv4Humans thread? There should be, it's gooood.

Paul Sheer was awesome on CBB.

If quadruple penetration is filling up every hole, it's not impressive. But if it's four dicks in one hole...

COUNTIN THE BILLIES fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 30, 2012

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
guys guys gusy1! I just ran into Reggie Watts on the L train! I babbled to him for a minute about how much I liked the CBB show and podcast. In retrospect maybe I should have given him some compliments on his own projects. OH WELL IT WAS STILL AWESOME

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I bumped into Reggie like four times when I was living in Brooklyn! Couldn't avoid him. Also a chill guy, and powerfully funny on stage (funnier than his podcast appearances, for sure). Also once in Manhattan (when he was filming a Soderbergh movie!).

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I really, really wish there were pictures of the ~10-15 seconds where Matt and Jason were laughing at Jessica too hard to be their characters and Lennon had to jump in. I can't imagine Matt being that incapacitated by laughter.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
So with having finally caught up on UYD I'm back in to check up on how CBB has been doing. Any real essential eps in the last, uh, while? I heard Farts and Procreation 2 already because duh.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

big business sloth posted:

So with having finally caught up on UYD I'm back in to check up on how CBB has been doing. Any real essential eps in the last, uh, while? I heard Farts and Procreation 2 already because duh.

New No-Nos was pretty great.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

big business sloth posted:

Best Bro Hang is hilarious.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

New no nos, best bro hang, and whatever the wompler/listler one was are the only recent eps I keep in doggcatcher to listen to again and again

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well, I think pretty much all of the episode since Farts and Procreation 2 have been good at the very least. The best were probably New No Nos, Ride Like Hell, This is a Safe Zone, and Scrog Secretions though. In that order.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Ride Like Hell had me cracking up my entire 40 minute bus commmute. Definitely a must-listen.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Tomorrow's show: John Mulaney, Lizzy Caplan, Nick Kroll

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Oh my god, talk about a dream team. Gonna be hard not to stay up all night to listen with the day off tomorrow.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gonna be a great show, anything less is not possible with that cast.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

That's awesome. The last time the first and last guest were on is one of my top 5 faveorite episodes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
There is no way that show will live up to my expectations of 'the greatest thing since time began', so I hate it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I love the characters John and Nick are doing in this episode.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

John Mulaney is the only person that can take over a show with Nick Kroll on it. But it's such a delight when they break a little since you imagine they're such good friends. :allears:

Deadpool posted:

I love the characters John and Nick are doing in this episode.

They've been doing those characters together since college which makes it all the better when Kroll mixes up their names.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Lizzy Caplan :swoon:. Great episode and I loved those characters. And I can understand that Lizzy didn't want to talk about The Last Rites of Ransom Pride. That movie was a piece of poo poo.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Loved it. Lizzy Caplan is in so many lovely movies.

One bottle of wine or one glass?
-One bag.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I think this might be my favorite episode of 2012.

Could you hand me that scooper?

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Yup, this is the best of 2012. Kroll and Mulaney bounce off each other so well, Caplan totally gets it, and Scott keeps things tied together perfectly. Instant classic.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I hope they do a Lizzy Caplan / Adam Scott episode now. They had amazing chemistry in Party Down and Bachelorette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Popelmon posted:

I hope they do a Lizzy Caplan / Adam Scott episode now. They had amazing chemistry in Party Down and Bachelorette.

It's probably pretty weird that I was happy to learn that they were real life buds who go see movies together.