Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me
It's nice to know that even Hussie is cognizant of the awful Homestuck tumblr bullshit. I wonder if anyone took Kankri seriously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
I

for crying out loud, Hussie, how do you make EVERY new character better than the last??

I also find it interesting/amusing that Kankri is in fact oblivious to the fact that he's mentioning trigger warnings in some cases after he's already said the potentially triggering thing. He can't even check his own privilege :allears:

Mazerunner posted:

edit: I restarted because I was having some trouble with the songs only playing once then cutting out, but did anyone else find the hidden ledge that Hussie jumps off? Right at the start. Anyway I might be wrong but its got a view into the furthest ring and it looks like you can see Jane's planet off in the distance? Thoughts?

Found it, it didn't lead to anything else, did it?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

You have to wonder?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If you actually read through Kankri's text dumps, he manages to mention and then immediately be dismissive of just about everything people actually post trigger warnings for on Tumblr. Misogyny? Racism? Please, I'm trying to talk about real problems here.

E: v man, italics on it and everything

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 31, 2012

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
^^^ Well would you look at that...

Rose Spirit posted:

I also find it interesting/amusing that Kankri is in fact oblivious to the fact that he's mentioning trigger warnings in some cases after he's already said the potentially triggering thing. He can't even check his own privilege :allears:

I love that as soon as Porrim brings up feminism he's just like "I'm sorry but I'm worried about the real problems." :smug:

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I had Hussie following Meenah around and after doing a sicknasty slide Hussie just kind of... slid up and off the screen.

Pretty funny glitch, though.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Who would have thought we'd all be this excited at the prospect of remeeting an additional 10 new-old characters?

e: I like how, while the trolls we know are all internet stereotypes, with the exception of Kankri basically all the A1 trolls so far are pre-internet stereotypes: 90s grrlpunk, nerd, radkid, and mall goth.

H.P. Shivcraft fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 31, 2012

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Yeah, these A1 trolls are definitely the troll equivalent of 16 year olds.

Porrim is just the loving best.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Who would have thought we'd all be this excited at the prospect of remeeting an additional 10 new-old characters?

Anyone who thought otherwise severely underestimates Hussie's ability to write endearing and likeable characters.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Porrim is just the loving best.

Literally! :mmmhmm:

Rose Spirit fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 31, 2012

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh my god that update was the best. I already had started calling Kankri insufferable and then Porrim says that's his nickname! Wonderful. Seriously that was an all around fantastic update, absolutely packed with content... and it's only halfway done (or even less). I can't wait for Meenah's continued afterlife adventures.

I'm going to try to see if I can get everyone's names straight as well as the titles we've learned.

Feferi Ancestor - Meenah, Thief of Life
Vriska - Aranea, Sylph of Light
Karkat - Kankri, Seer of Blood
Terezi - Latula, Knight of Mind
Kanaya - Porrim, Maid of Space
Nepeta - Meulin
Aradia - Damara
Sollux - Minuta (? I'm not sure that one was right)

Did any others get mentioned? Any mistakes here?

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Mituna, I think? I thought I remembered it because there's a "two" sound in there. Anyone have potential sources or meanings for these names?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Meenah's gonna have a field day with that one.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
God I can't wait to meet Darkleer.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I'm pretty sure Meenah has eclipsed Dave as my favorite HS character so far. She definitely has the sickest jams, anyway *puts Fuchsia Ruler on repeat* :slick:

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Rose Spirit posted:

Mituna, I think? I thought I remembered it because there's a "two" sound in there. Anyone have potential sources or meanings for these names?

Damara is a breed of sheep.
Kankri is the plural for crawfish in French.
Meulin, I think, is pronounced like "mewlin'" adding another cat pun to the Leijons.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Wait, where is Meulin? I went through karkat's door and never saw her.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

KoB posted:

Kankri mentions her in passing re: their alternate-universe romance.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

KoB posted:

She's mentioned in one of the conversations, just like Sollux's Beforus-self.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh my god that update was the best. I already had started calling Kankri insufferable and then Porrim says that's his nickname! Wonderful. Seriously that was an all around fantastic update, absolutely packed with content... and it's only halfway done (or even less). I can't wait for Meenah's continued afterlife adventures.

I'm going to try to see if I can get everyone's names straight as well as the titles we've learned.

Nepeta - Meulin
Aradia - Damara

Did any others get mentioned? Any mistakes here?

When you talk to Aradia, Meenah says something about Lord English doing something to their time witch, so I think Damara might be the Witch of Time.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Things I really, really liked:
Meenah going apeshit when she finds out what Lord English does to her post-scratch self
Karkat's password (daww)

Things I really, really hated:
That the text looks so bad in Firefox :(

We're back!

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
And now we know why this took longer than estimated: three weeks just weren't enough to type out all of Kankri's dialogue.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Oh god, this update is incredible. It's too much.

Like, really. I honestly wish this had been spread out more!

Kankri and Porrim are the best. Kankri as a tublr style pretentious overly zealous self centered social justice advocate is fantastic. It works surprisingly well with his ancestor's story, too! (Unlike Aranea, who doesn't seem all that Mindfang-y.)

I have to admit I got kind of lost with what exactly Porrim was supposed to be in contrast is she like a men's rights advocate? That's what the "they always say, 'but matriarchy!'" complaint made it sound like, but otherwise it seems like troll societies are sexist in the same way human societies are- at least the gamer girl deconstruction made it seem that way. Being a men's rights advocate parody would be a bit... gross, so I hope I'm just reading too much into that one line. Either way, my favorite conversations were the two of them together- the mothering and the "real issues" bullshit were hilarious. The dude who can't shut up about privilege is the biggest rear end in a top hat with his privilege, and sense of entitlement about where the oppression conversation should be going. It's beautiful.

Eiba fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 31, 2012

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

Eiba posted:

I have to admit I got kind of lost with what exactly Porrim was supposed to be in contrast

No, she's saying that people would whip out the "but matriarchy" line in response to claims of troll society being sexist against women. That poo poo don't fly. Not in Porrim's house.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sollux's ancestor (Minuta?) hooked up with Terezi's (Latula)? Those dudes are studs

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Is anyone else running into a graphical glitch on the second screen? The background is just straight black and some of the background that is there like the rocks looks cut off and out of place. All the sprites look fine but trying to navigate what's essentially an invisible maze doesn't seem right.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Quotetype posted:

I wonder if anyone took Kankri seriously?

Im reading angry tumblr posts calling hussie a colossal peice of poo poo as we speak.

What an incredible update. Kankri was phenomenal.

edit: Hussies gonna be getting poo poo forever for this one.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm definitely going to have to replay this one in Chrome, so much of Kankri's lines went over my head because they were a blurry mess. And also worth replaying because holy poo poo there is a lot of junk to do.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rose Spirit posted:

That was it, thanks.

of bees posted:

When you talk to Aradia, Meenah says something about Lord English doing something to their time witch, so I think Damara might be the Witch of Time.

Yeah I think you're right. They all share the same aspect as their descendents (different from the humans in that respect - probably because the new session "knows" that it's going to have four more players and doesn't need to repeat their aspects) so it's just a question of their class.

Updated list:

Aradia - Damara, Witch of Time
Nepeta - Meulin
Sollux - Mituna

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away
It's amazing how fast Porrim surpassed pretty much literally everyone in the comic as my new favorite. She owns, so drat much.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I still can't get over that the Troll Ancestor session lasted six years.

edit: I mean I know why it lasted three sweeps, so that everyone would be the same older age aagain, but still.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Luminous Obscurity posted:

No, she's saying that people would whip out the "but matriarchy" line in response to claims of troll society being sexist against women. That poo poo don't fly. Not in Porrim's house.
Basically their version of "The monarch of England is a woman, thus England can't be sexist"

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I just realized Porrim doesn't, uh...doesn't exactly live up to her sign, now does she?

(the joke is that her sign is Virgo)

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Is anyone else not getting any sound from this flash? Because I can't hear a drat thing.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Is anyone else not getting any sound from this flash? Because I can't hear a drat thing.

The music for everyone but Meenah ends after one cycle for me. Other than that it works alright. (I'm using chrome)

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
^^^ yeah I got the same problem too, I eventually restarted and that fixed it

havenwaters posted:

I still can't get over that the Troll Ancestor session lasted six years.

edit: I mean I know why it lasted three sweeps, so that everyone would be the same older age aagain, but still.

Yeah, assuming they started at 13 years/6 sweeps like the B1 Kids and A2 Trolls that would put them at ~19-20 years old, which is like, they spent a third of their lives in the game daaamn.

I kind of thought that Latula and Porrim's sprite's looked a bit older than the others.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I had problems with the songs not looping the first time each part of the flash loaded. Reloading the page fixed it, even though it meant I had to catch up to where I was twice. That didn't take too long though since you don't have to read what anyone says and can just zoom through.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The humans were the only ones who were drawn well imo. Everyone else looked sorta wierd.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Sollux's ancestor (Minuta?) hooked up with Terezi's (Latula)? Those dudes are studs

It's all about the symmetrical symbols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
Can someone make an avatar of furious Kankri?