Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
And I'm sitting here feeling bad for 3 kits goddamn, you guys take it to an artform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
And I thought my 20 kit backlog was terrible.

I hope with the 25th anniversary of CCA next year and the Nu getting a Ver Ka this Dec, we'll see a MG Sazabi Ver Ka as well. I really want a Sazabi but the current kit is so bad and still really expensive for being 12 years old.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
gently caress that. MG Nightingale or nothing. The Dendrobium is old hat, we need a new giant kit to drool over.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

boom boom boom posted:

gently caress that. MG Nightingale or nothing.

yes, cause all we need is a 400 dollar brick that would probably need an entire inner frame made out of die-cast in order to not snap in two.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Granted, I would buy the poo poo out of an MG Kshatriya, and that thing would probably need an entirely metal frame too. Also granted, however, it's relatively compact compared to the Nightingale's massively huge shoulder pads, crotch, and tail.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kurui Reiten posted:

Granted, I would buy the poo poo out of an MG Kshatriya, and that thing would probably need an entirely metal frame too. Also granted, however, it's relatively compact compared to the Nightingale's massively huge shoulder pads, crotch, and tail.

I don't do resin, but if you do there is a resin 1/100 Kshatriya out there that looks pretty nice when you do it up.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
There's also that 1/100 plastic kit of the Nightingale made by the same guys who did the resin version of it, but that kit is so ungodly bad that it's laughable.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Midjack posted:

Ironically enough I bought that from someone on this very board a while back. If I were to build it today it really would be a shame; I'm holding back on it till I can give it the treatment it deserves.

I still have an unbuilt Kampfer HGUC from the very first batch of Gunpla I ordered a few years ago for just this reason, it's one of my favorite suits and I don't wanna do it until I can at least have a space to do things like prime and paint it and whatnot. :unsmith:

Of course, right now I don't even have the space to just build period so :smithicide:

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
I'd be excited to see an official HGUC Nightengale to be honest. I don't know why, but I have a fascination with buying the most obese suits out there and this is the only thing that can steal The O's thunder.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So i'd like some goon opinions on anyone who owns PG Wing Zero. How solid of a kit is it, and for what kind of price should I be looking for so I don't get ripped off?

arhra
Jun 27, 2006

Fauxtool posted:

They seem to charge me about +25% of my total order for shipping. That's for EMS shipping. I wonder what the size/weight threshold for SAL unregistered is because im sure it would cost less to break up my shipments into a bunch of little ones.

2kg/90cm total package dimensions (L+W+H). Of course, retailers only have a limited variety of box sizes, so occasionally you'll get a package that could theoretically be arranged in a way that would fit under the limit, but not in a way that would fit into any of their boxes...

AmiAmi are pretty good about splitting shipments up if you ask, I think.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

arhra posted:

2kg/90cm total package dimensions (L+W+H). Of course, retailers only have a limited variety of box sizes, so occasionally you'll get a package that could theoretically be arranged in a way that would fit under the limit, but not in a way that would fit into any of their boxes...

AmiAmi are pretty good about splitting shipments up if you ask, I think.

I have been able to fit about 3 nendo/figmas but pretty much no MGs

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TaurusOxford posted:

So i'd like some goon opinions on anyone who owns PG Wing Zero. How solid of a kit is it, and for what kind of price should I be looking for so I don't get ripped off?

It is flimsy as gently caress, parts pop off if you look at it funny, and is generally a crap kit. I'd suggest if you want a PG kit just to build to get the RX-78. Mine's taken more than one shelf dive and come out with little to no damage. Meanwhile, the single time the WZC fell(off a 3-foot shelf, no less) it broke off both feather-wings, an arm armor piece, a finger, and an ankle armor piece.

If you just want a built PG model, I'd sell you mine for like sixty bucks and find what parts I still have for it, saves you from having to build the dreadful thing. It still stands up fine and the core die-cast frame is intact, the non-feather wings are still fine though they're a little loose. I'd throw in a slightly damaged MG Zaku and ACGUY action figure too if you want.

Here's a couple pics of the models in question:

edit: as for price, looks like new in box ones on Ebay regularly sell for around 200.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Aug 31, 2012

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
*sigh* There's goes my idea for having the 5 EW Master Grades all around, each in cool action poses while the PG WZC is majestically posed behind them emphasizing the fact that Wing Zero is basically the creator of the five suits.

Thanks for the offer, but i'm not in the market for buying used and already assembled kits.

Whirblewind
Aug 10, 2012
I don't own it, but I can confirm via my friend PG Wing Zero is a clumsy, hyper-sensitive model. Crazy fragile.

Fun build, though.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
So I like this:

I don't know my gundam mecha enough, is this a custom, upcoming, existing model? Please, help me buy something!

Edit: Ok, so I think I managed to find it - it's the Efreet, right? One of those that don't have a model.

Ledenko fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 31, 2012

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TaurusOxford posted:

*sigh* There's goes my idea for having the 5 EW Master Grades all around, each in cool action poses while the PG WZC is majestically posed behind them emphasizing the fact that Wing Zero is basically the creator of the five suits.

Thanks for the offer, but i'm not in the market for buying used and already assembled kits.

Then I would highly suggest you pass on the Wing Zero Custom. The wing supports are not strong enough to hold them aloft without help for any length of time, parts fly off under pressure fairly regularly if you move it at all, and it's just not very good all around in terms of quality.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Then I would highly suggest you pass on the Wing Zero Custom. The wing supports are not strong enough to hold them aloft without help for any length of time, parts fly off under pressure fairly regularly if you move it at all, and it's just not very good all around in terms of quality.

It was the first Perfect Grade, after all. Not that it's an excuse.

EDIT:vvvvv I don't know what I was thinking.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 31, 2012

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Midjack posted:

It was the first Perfect Grade, after all. Not that it's an excuse.
The RX-78, Zaku2 and Zeta preceded it; Also the EVA-01 I guess since that is also Bandai.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Ledenko posted:

So I like this:

I don't know my gundam mecha enough, is this a custom, upcoming, existing model? Please, help me buy something!

Edit: Ok, so I think I managed to find it - it's the Efreet, right? One of those that don't have a model.

Yeah, the Efreet Nacht, almost certainly a custom unless we've all been really, really good this year.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

Dammit. :(

Thanks for saving me 200 dollars guys.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Zedd posted:

Also the EVA-01 I guess since that is also Bandai.

I have this kit and I really regret purchasing it. It sucks.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Zedd posted:

The RX-78, Zaku2 and Zeta preceded it; Also the EVA-01 I guess since that is also Bandai.

Monaghan posted:

I have this kit and I really regret purchasing it. It sucks.

Doesn't it have some weird rubber covering the internal skeleton or something like that?

I can't possibly see how that would work out well.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

yeah I had to use baby powder to get it to fit right. God help you if it rips and it's a pain in the rear end to paint. Also big seam lines in the legs, granted it's hard to avoid given the eva designs.

I also picked up a pg wing zero which had those annoying rubber feathers. I picked the two worst pg's and it really turned me off them for a long time.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

:stare: And I thought my 15 kit backlog was bad...

Arquinsiel posted:

This is literally the worst thing about so many hobbies.
Admittedly, when you're buying from halfway across the world it's gonna add up :sigh:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I will again suggest the RX-78 perfect grade kit. It does look like a big toy once built, but damned if it isn't one of the most solid, both in style and durability, that I've ever built.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

So this picture is from an interview with Yoshikazu Yasuhiko found here. Are those new kits for the Origin release or just resin? The RX-78's joints and hands look like they're from the RG, so it's probably just cover kit. :sigh: There's a bigger picture in the link to the interview (which I can't read anyway since I don't know Japanese).

Astoundingly Ugly Baby fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Sep 1, 2012

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
God drat, Yas looks so old.

(those are just MGs, modified. Gundam is definitely a 2.0)

Captain Invictus posted:

I will again suggest the RX-78 perfect grade kit. It does look like a big toy once built, but damned if it isn't one of the most solid, both in style and durability, that I've ever built.

Actually mine blew over a dozen polycaps before I'd even finished snapping, so individual mileage may vary.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 1, 2012

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Dr. Wang posted:

So this picture is from an interview with Yoshikazu Yasuhiko found here. Are those new kits for the Origin release or just resin? The RX-78's joints and hands look like they're from the RG, so it's probably just cover kit. :sigh: There's a bigger picture in the link to the interview (which I can't read anyway since I don't know Japanese).

I'm looking forward to the new versions of some of the outdated 0079 suit kits once The Origin anime/OVA/whatever starts airing. MG Z'Gok 2.0, here I come :allears:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Anyone dealt recently with Gundam Store & More? They haven't updated their catalog in three months, and my last email to them went unanswered.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bimmi posted:

Anyone dealt recently with Gundam Store & More? They haven't updated their catalog in three months, and my last email to them went unanswered.

Punch up their toll free number; they're in Ann Arbor:

1-877-448-6326

Little Things Mean A Lot
4403 Concourse Dr # B Ann Arbor, MI 48108
(734) 327-0173

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I remember reading secondhand that they have a shipment tied up in customs or something, but yeah, it's been a few months with no word whatsoever. The site DOES keep getting updated with new specials and poo poo, but you'd think they would at least say something.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Does anyone still have that image of the "Double" Zeta kitbash that was just made of two Zetas? I saw it a while ago (probably in the last thread) and forgot to save it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

This thing? It came from a very... interesting thread.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

In the year 1986 I was building a good-sized collection of Z Gundam model kits, and also doing a lot of acid.

edit: a HELL of a lot of acid.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Sep 11, 2012

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Quick update: Gundam Store and More finally getting new stock Sept. 17. Items now up for pre-order.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Finally got this in the mail. Of course, I got royally screwed by customs and they decided to charge me 35 dollars. :argh:

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!
I made a thing.
It's the Volks IMS 1/100 Siren V Neptune from Five Star Stories, stands about 26 centimeters tall.
It was frustrating as hell to build, but I feel so content now with it being finished. It makes for an excellent display piece.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.
Wow nice build, where did you get the kit? It's pretty rare on the net.

Haha and display is pretty much the only thing it has going on for it. I've got the bang doll and it's nigh-unposable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!
I ordered it directly from the Volks webstore, here. Looks like I managed to snag the last Neptune :3

I kinda want a the BANG kit as well, but I think I'll wait a while before getting it. Building the Neptune left me drained.

I'd also like to recommend Jungle Special Collector Shop for roboty needs. It's got a lot of older Robot Damashii, Super Robot Chogokin and the likes in stock on top of limited web releases. So, might be worth checking out when you're looking for some older figures.

• Locked thread