Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Justice
Jul 24, 2012

"This god whom I created was human-made and madness, like all gods! Woman she was, and only a poor specimen of woman and ego. But I overcame myself, the sufferer; I carried my own ashes to the mountains; I invented a brighter flame for myself. And behold, then this god fled from me!"
Does anyone know if Kankri's super small font is actually readable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Angry Guacamole posted:

It's amazing how fast Porrim surpassed pretty much literally everyone in the comic as my new favorite. She owns, so drat much.

I agree with this statement probably until the next time we see Roxy.

I wouldn't have wasted 30 minutes reading DAVE_EBUBBLES if I knew I was going to waste another hour and a half with the rest of the flash. And by waste I mean enjoy every second of.

The sweetest moment was Karkat reusing the 'hatemarry myself' password. :shobon:

e: vvvvvvv http://www.mspaintadventures.com/scratch.php?s=6&p=005872

creationist believer fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 31, 2012

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

creationist believer posted:

I agree with this statement probably until the next time we see Roxy.

I wouldn't have wasted 30 minutes reading DAVE_EBUBBLES if I knew I was going to waste another hour and a half with the rest of the flash. And by waste I mean enjoy every second of.

The sweetest moment was Karkat reusing the 'hatemarry myself' password. :shobon:

I can't remember where that was from.

God, out of all of this, the two things that spring up to mind are:

1)Meenah is the best pre-scratch troll.
2)Poor Karkat. Poor, poor Karkat.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Filthy Haiku posted:

I can't remember where that was from.

God, out of all of this, the two things that spring up to mind are:

1)Meenah is the best pre-scratch troll.

Excuse me, I think you meant Meenah, Latula and Porrim. :colbert:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Lord Justice posted:

Does anyone know if Kankri's super small font is actually readable?

From what I could make out, it seems to be just his earlier walls of text shrunk down and realigned, and copypasted over and over

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

creationist believer posted:

His "It reminds me of a friend I haven't seen in a long time" elicited an audible "Awww" from me.

Just like another year or so Karkat!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Okay I can appreciate the love of Porrim, but come on. Saying the show didn't completely belong to Latula is just being intellectually dishonest.

...I assume the blowouts about Kankri are bieng posted in the PYF stupid internet thing thread?

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

You know, I was really excited this evening about watching a sociopathic oligarch accrue even more obscene wealth while trying and failing to recruit an army of followers.

But then I saw Homestuck updated, so I had to turn off the RNC acceptance speech. :c00lbert:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Oh hey, this is probably a good time to point out that the creator of Witc)(ing )(our/Fuschia Ruler recently released it as a free download, in case anyone didn't pick up the album:

http://sinisterpsyche.com/album/fuchsia-ruler-single

Ayana
Jun 29, 2010

Hee-Ho!
I liked how pretty much everyone but Kankri liked his post-scratch methods of social reform better, while he's like "Ohmygod, he did this all wrong."

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Cleretic posted:

Okay I can appreciate the love of Porrim, but come on. Saying the show didn't completely belong to Latula is just being intellectually dishonest.

...I assume the blowouts about Kankri are bieng posted in the PYF stupid internet thing thread?

Latula stole the show when she appeared. Porrim is awesome as well, but Latula is simply the best pre-scratch troll there is.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

Ayana posted:

I liked how pretty much everyone but Kankri liked his post-scratch methods of social reform better, while he's like "Ohmygod, he did this all wrong."

Which is totally a Vantas thing to do.

Hatred of self and assumption of idiocy, past present and future.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
That flash could have done with a lot less open space and walking, really.

I enjoy the new trolls. Doubt we'll see much of them, what since their purpose seems to be more for comparison to the more pertinent ones, so hey. We get some more hilarious gimmicks and won't have to deal with the "weight" of them.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

Regy Rusty posted:

That was it, thanks.

Yeah I think you're right. They all share the same aspect as their descendents (different from the humans in that respect - probably because the new session "knows" that it's going to have four more players and doesn't need to repeat their aspects) so it's just a question of their class.

Updated list:

Feferi Ancestor - Meenah, Thief of Life
Vriska - Aranea, Sylph of Light
Karkat - Kankri, Seer of Blood
Terezi - Latula, Knight of Mind
Kanaya - Porrim, Maid of Space
Aradia - Damara, Witch of Time
Nepeta - Meulin
Sollux - Mituna

I believe Damara has to be the Rogue of Time since rogue was said to be a female-only class. Meulin can't be that session's rogue.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Saradiart posted:

I believe Damara has to be the Rogue of Time since rogue was said to be a female-only class. Meulin can't be that session's rogue.

Porrim said that Damara was the Witch of Time.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I actually wasn't that frond (sorry) of Latula. Maybe it was just her theme song but she kinda just drive me crazsea (loving kill me I can't stop)

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

YggiDee posted:

He'll start following you around. I don't know if he does anything else, he vanished after I started being Kankri and I didn't bother going back to find him again.

I tried taking Hussie back to the other place you talk to him, thinking that something would happen, but nope. Two Hussies.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Before this update I really didn't want to meet all the scratchcestors but now they're awesome and it's making me angry.

Fuscia Ruler, yay! Hussie in a treasure chest! Karkri! :allears:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Was Rose flirting with Aranea, or am I reading into that expression too much?

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Zorak posted:

I enjoy the new trolls. Doubt we'll see much of them, what since their purpose seems to be more for comparison to the more pertinent ones, so hey. We get some more hilarious gimmicks and won't have to deal with the "weight" of them.

Oh you poor misguided soul. Just wait until Act 6 Act 5 Part 1.

Saradiart posted:

Rogue is just female-leaning, it's not exclusively female. Also interesting that we have a female knight which shoots down another popular fan-theory.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Was Rose flirting with Aranea, or am I reading into that expression too much?

You mean Meenah? That expression was a bit flirty, but it's Rose so gently caress knows what going through her head.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
The javascript for the sburb.js game engine (used in this walkaround).

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
I just burned way too much time on that walkaround, but hey, it was fun. Music and text were pretty glitchy in Firefox, though.

Where is Meulin mentioned? I think I missed a conversation in between all those character switches. Also, if you head back toward the palace at the beginning of the game, you get a message at the base of one of the staircases that says something like "Wait... you hear someone sobbing". What was that about? I wandered around the pink moon palace area but couldn't find anything to explain it.

Social Justice Warrior Kankri is fantastic. Poor Karkat, kid never gets a break.

E: Oh, the sobbing was Hussie. I totally did that section out of order somehow.

Strongylocentrotus fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Aug 31, 2012

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

tinaun posted:

The javascript for the sburb.js game engine (used in this walkaround).

Ahh it was javascript with flash injected. No wonder why the input lag was so weird.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
We're apparently getting two more of these over the next couple weeks. That's a goddamn lot of walking.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Residual Toast posted:

Ahh it was javascript with flash injected. No wonder why the input lag was so weird.

According to hussie's tumblr it's html5 with a flash loader.

And now https://twitter.com/dave_ebubbles is a thing.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Also, if you head back toward the palace at the beginning of the game, you get a message at the base of one of the staircases that says something like "Wait... you hear someone sobbing". What was that about? I wandered around the pink moon palace area but couldn't find anything to explain it.

You're meant to get that when you reach the bottom of the stairs, then follow the trail of eightballs to crater-Hussie.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Zorak posted:

Really? I thought this was really reasonable for open space and walking compared to the other full size walkarounds.

Anyhow, I'm kind of expecting all the trollcestors to get exploded pretty soon, so I don't think we'll be seeing too much of them either. Although I also was banking on the trollpocalypse going all the way, so I don't have a very good track record here.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Aranea looked kinda like Lucy van Pelt. Apparently Hussie did too.

What's Porrim's quirk supposed to be? Do they represent her piercings?

edit: HOW DID THIS HAPPEN SO FAST?

vv :doh: vv

SwimmingSpider fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 31, 2012

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Porrim keeps using o+ , I think it's supposed to be the Venus symbol.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Turn O+ ninety degrees.

E:f,b

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I'm sorry to say that I played through the entire update without ever figuring what was with Porrim's quirk, and I only just figured out that she puts the plus signs after o's to turn them into the ♀ sign. (female sign if the character doesn't render) :downs:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Oh hell, I just thought those were supposed to be random Twilight vampire sparkles.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

chrisf posted:

According to hussie's tumblr it's html5 with a flash loader.

And now https://twitter.com/dave_ebubbles is a thing.

Its first posts were several hours before the update came out, so I'm betting this is a Real Thing as opposed to someone just snagging the name.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
My favorite rebubbler thing was where you end up triggering tons of horrorterros. Particularly because the thing I rebubbled was Dave saying: "Sports." :supaburn:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

YggiDee posted:

Porrim keeps using o+ , I think it's supposed to be the Venus symbol.

I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that O+ is also the most common blood type.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Chexoid posted:

My favorite rebubbler thing was where you end up triggering tons of horrorterros. Particularly because the thing I rebubbled was Dave saying: "Sports." :supaburn:

My favorite is when you forget to tag you posts and everyone gets triggered.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Eiba posted:

I have to admit I got kind of lost with what exactly Porrim was supposed to be in contrast is she like a men's rights advocate? That's what the "they always say, 'but matriarchy!'" complaint made it sound like, but otherwise it seems like troll societies are sexist in the same way human societies are- at least the gamer girl deconstruction made it seem that way. Being a men's rights advocate parody would be a bit... gross, so I hope I'm just reading too much into that one line. Either way, my favorite conversations were the two of them together- the mothering and the "real issues" bullshit were hilarious. The dude who can't shut up about privilege is the biggest rear end in a top hat with his privilege, and sense of entitlement about where the oppression conversation should be going. It's beautiful.
Porrim's a riotgrrl. which means she's a total badass, if it needs reiterating. I think someone else in the thread mentioned that while the post-scratch trolls are a bunch of gen-y archetypes, the pre-scratch ones are all gen-x archetypes.

Is this the first time that it's been explicitly mentioned that Dave is meant to take on LE?

Also, was I the only one genuinely surprised once they finally introduced the new trolls in this flash?

snucks fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Aug 31, 2012

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

somebody on tumblr's idea of what pre-scratch darkleer will be like:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I'm stuck. I found hussie in a box and there's obviously more path to the left but I can't walk left of a stupid tower in the foreground and I haven't found some of the things people have mentioned karkat's ancestor? where?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Krinkle posted:

I'm stuck. I found hussie in a box and there's obviously more path to the left but I can't walk left of a stupid tower in the foreground and I haven't found some of the things people have mentioned karkat's ancestor? where?

Go straight down from where Dave is. You'll enter the area with all of the interesting stuff in it.