Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

AlphaDog posted:

I was a bouncer for a couple of years in 1999-2000. There really aren't any safe subs. You always want to be working with at least one other guy who can watch your surroundings while you deal with the problem dude.

It's definitely a completely different thing from any MA, and it's not about forcing a guy to submit or KO'ing them, it's about getting them out of the venue and into a situation where attacking you again is too intimidating (ie, they'd obviously be attacking 2 or 3 large bouncers who are all in a group and ready to defend themselves).

I was going to say, the second half of this

Omglosser posted:

lol don't worry bro like 2 months of bjj and you're pretty much invincible on the street

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzh9koy7b1E&feature=player_detailpage#t=24s

"have a buddy with you, appearances matter, self-confidence matters too"

is some of the best self-defense advice I've ever heard on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Trip report: ugh, I don't know. The guy was overly nice for the one and one and barely 20, if that. Trained MT there for 3 years I think? I'm barely intermediate and I was questioning some of the stuff he was saying (something about rhythm and goin side to side with your weight while in stance. Almost like a TKD bounce. Nothing I was ever taught) plus pad holding for him. It was like 15 minutes of basic-basic MT technique. After the actual class was starting. So I was like "yeah cool can I just jump in?" and I had to talk to the manager whatever person. I kept mentioning "yeah, alright, so can I try this class or what?" and finally she was like "well, uh, you can watch." I don't know. I don't like the idea of sitting there like a creep. Of course it was right to "let's go over pricing." $129 a month. I don't know of that's just for one Martial art or what. I got a quick peek and it was all middle aged men/women. Honestly I think there were more middle aged females than anything. Sweat bands and all. Hey, bless their heart for staying fit. But I guess of the 2 places I've trained at I just like the ambience of a bunch of 20-something hard charging stinky dudes at a dingy gym. They only spar once a week in a special class which I think is before th actual class. They had some MT videos playing on a TV at the entrance. I swear their website had some pictures of some nice facilities with huge fairtex bags and a bunch of smaller ones all lined up. Didn't see that. Maybe it was there.

I'm almost tempted to do a month when I move, almost.

Such is the life of suburban McDojos I guess.

Kumo Jr.
Mar 21, 2006

JON JONES APOLOGIST #4
Bouncing 101 from my experience:

1. standing head and arm control (not a rear-naked choke, but a half nelson with the other latched around the neck and grabbing on to your wrist) is best for when you get behind the offender. You can't actually effective choke someone from this position (although they will all claim you tried to as soon as they felt an arm around their neck), but it gives you excellent control and defensive positioning.

2. standing figure-four armlocks & wrist locks (I usually used the kimura or police armbar, but I broke a lot of arms and shoulders with these, so they should only be used if you have full intent to injury should the offender continue to be uncooperative).

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Anyone remember what that stuff is thats good for 'forearm splints'? I started a job in a warehouse and my forearms feel like they're going to snap, just like when I do barbell bicep curls.

eine dose socken
Mar 9, 2008

Israfel posted:

Hey a side Q: Does that poo poo actually work? The liniment I mean...how do you use it/what does it actually do?

I use the liniment to massage my legs before Muay Thai practice, sometimes also my shoulders if they feel sore/ i've been lifting.
It starts to tingle after a couple of minutes, and you get a feeling of warmth for a short time. It wears off pretty quickly.

I'm really skeptical about the actual chemical effectiveness of it, but it "works", mainly because without it, i wouldn't massage my legs, and it smells real nice :)

You probably could substitute any liniment or body oil, and have the same effect- they mostly are much greasier though, and can cause slips or stain your gear, which namman muay never seems to do.

Also as i already said, the smell sticks in your training gear, masking the lingering odor of old sweat - a big plus if you ask me..

For the martial arts/self defence debate:

Anybody not scared to throw a hard punch has a major advantage when a fight breaks out.
If your training takes away your innate fear of physical confrontation, by sparring or whatever, you are already less likely to just freeze up when somebody gets in your face.
Of course you're not prepared to deal with crazy drunk dangerous people, but there's nothing to prepare you for that, ever. At least your chances of flooring them before they hit you with a brick/beer bottle/wooden chair are much better than without any training. Then you can run or call the cops or your friends or whatever.

Ps i would never ever choke someone on the street, that is just crazy to me. Most bystanders would jump someone choking a guy on the street, from the outside it looks like you're trying to kill someone, and it makes you a static target for their friends to hit you from behind with a brick/beer bottle/whatever...

Fontoyn
Aug 25, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So my opponent just pulled out and now I'm fighting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elFYV09qed8

He's a wrestler and I'm scared of being wrestlefucked, does anyone have any advice?

Fontoyn fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 30, 2012

Kumo Jr.
Mar 21, 2006

JON JONES APOLOGIST #4

Defend the takedown. ;)

Seriously though, wrestle like a motherfucker to stay on your feet. Use your hands, especially your jab, and avoid high kicks. Beat the poo poo out of his legs with any kicks you can land without getting taken down. Don't get cornered around the cage, try to stay in the center and circle.

E: Watch Jose Aldo vs. Kenny Florien and study Jose's takedown defense.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Sub him like that guy just did?

I mean if you want to standup don't throw many kicks and be aware of his super obvious shot.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
That guy isnt a very good wrestler if he is one, youve got some work to do either way if you cant defend his shot or sub him like that guy did

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Fontoyn posted:

So my opponent just pulled out and now I'm fighting Blake Whoda:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elFYV09qed8

He's a wrestler and I'm scared of being wrestlefucked, does anyone have any advice?

INTERNET FAKE-COACH CHAT:

1) Don't throw just about any kicks if you don't want to grapple with this guy on top of you - if you trust your jits then go for it but... If you kick, it's going to be a leg kick and inside a combination. And you will still probably regret it. And he will pin your shoulders. Despite not being a wrestling champ, he will shoot pretty well and pin you and then think about philosophy or black holes or stuff and stay there.
1.1) If you kick it shouldn't be your last attack of the combination, or you are going down with him and get to grapple some more.
1.2) Hence if you REALLY want to kick, throw punch + kick + punch + evade so his shot will fall short.

2) He will pin your shoulders.
3) When you throw remember: he is coming for your legs. Throw one-one-two and STEP BACK. This guy will take the shots to his forehead and seek your legs for a takedown. To pin your shoulders.
4) He will pin your shoulders.
5) He can't hurt you while standing up, and only wants to pin your shoulders (yes I know I repeat poo poo) so practice sprawling until the fight (and possibly nothing else) - it's not like you can become a better wrestler on a short notice, or a better boxer, but you can maybe increase your cardio and on the side learn something about avoiding his double - which will be the only thing that matters.
6) He will quite probably not submit you with a choke, nor take out a limb, as long as you keep your guard tight. He will just pin your... shoulders.
7) What happens before you go to the ground will decide who wins.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 30, 2012

swagger like us
Oct 27, 2005

Don't mind me. We must protect rapists and misogynists from harm. If they're innocent they must not be named. Surely they'll never harm their sleeping, female patients. Watch me defend this in great detail. I am not a mens rights activist either.

Nierbo posted:

Anyone remember what that stuff is thats good for 'forearm splints'? I started a job in a warehouse and my forearms feel like they're going to snap, just like when I do barbell bicep curls.

What you described sounds more like tendonitis or tennis elbow then "forearm splints". I just had a little tendonitis a few weeks ago. Get a forearm brace, they are usually marketed as for tennis elbow, and wear it for a week or two, and take some time off from anything thats heavy on your forearms. So stop it with the bicep curls.

Tendonitis seems to be able to stick with you for awhile if you don't let it heal up. I had it for months and didnt think anything of it till I went to a doctor. Best way to tell is, have a slight bend in your elbow and put your arm out like youre almost doing a boxing hook, and then squeeze someones finger with your hand. If you have that splint pain, see if by putting some pressure on the meaty part of your forearm (try different spots there) and then squeeze again. If theres no pain while someones applying pressure, then its probably tennis elbow

Fontoyn
Aug 25, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Kumo Jr. posted:

Defend the takedown. ;)

Seriously though, wrestle like a motherfucker to stay on your feet. Use your hands, especially your jab, and avoid high kicks. Beat the poo poo out of his legs with any kicks you can land without getting taken down. Don't get cornered around the cage, try to stay in the center and circle.

E: Watch Jose Aldo vs. Kenny Florien and study Jose's takedown defense.

What's the go-to slam defense for when I try to throw up an armbar or triangle from guard? That's all he does in terms of sub defense and I'm spinning just as soon as my rear end hits the mat.

Ligur posted:

INTERNET FAKE-COACH CHAT:

1) Don't throw just about any kicks if you don't want to grapple with this guy on top of you - if you trust your jits then go for it but... If you kick, it's going to be a leg kick and inside a combination. And you will still probably regret it. And he will pin your shoulders. Despite not being a wrestling champ, he will shoot pretty well and pin you and then think about philosophy or black holes or stuff and stay there.
1.1) If you kick it shouldn't be your last attack of the combination, or you are going down with him and get to grapple some more.
1.2) Hence if you REALLY want to kick, throw punch + kick + punch + evade so his shot will fall short.

2) He will pin your shoulders.
3) When you throw remember: he is coming for your legs. Throw one-one-two and STEP BACK. This guy will take the shots to his forehead and seek your legs for a takedown. To pin your shoulders.
4) He will pin your shoulders.
5) He can't hurt you while standing up, and only wants to pin your shoulders (yes I know I repeat poo poo) so practice sprawling until the fight (and possibly nothing else) - it's not like you can become a better wrestler on a short notice, or a better boxer, but you can maybe increase your cardio and on the side learn something about avoiding his double - which will be the only thing that matters.
6) He will quite probably not submit you with a choke, nor take out a limb, as long as you keep your guard tight. He will just pin your... shoulders.
7) What happens before you go to the ground will decide who wins.

I can do all of this, I think.

Kumo Jr.
Mar 21, 2006

JON JONES APOLOGIST #4

Fontoyn posted:

What's the go-to slam defense for when I try to throw up an armbar or triangle from guard? That's all he does in terms of sub defense and I'm spinning just as soon as my rear end hits the mat.

I can do all of this, I think.

Anytime someone tries to lift you up for a slam, wrap your arm around their leg. Under or over is a matter of preference (each has their own options), but just grabbing the leg should prevent him from being able to lift you.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Sorry to hijack the conversation, but I'm gonna link this post I made in The Goon Doctor forum about my back

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3504392

My question is, does that look like staph? I'm concerned that it may be more than just an angry inflamed zit. Any of you goons have experience with this?

Also, good luck with your fight Fontoyn.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

swmmrmanshen posted:

Sorry to hijack the conversation, but I'm gonna link this post I made in The Goon Doctor forum about my back

My question is, does that look like staph? I'm concerned that it may be more than just an angry inflamed zit. Any of you goons have experience with this?

Go see a doctor, seriously.

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

swmmrmanshen posted:

"Does this look like staph?" is a great question to ask.

The best time and place to ask it is after making an appointment with a doctor and showing up at the agreed upon time.

A better thing to say in the meantime is "hey, guy who runs the place I train at, this may or may not be staph and I've got an appointment with a doctor to find out for sure, so I'll see you later once I know for sure!"

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Ha, thanks for the advice. I do plan on seeing a doctor about it ASAP and will not be training until I have it looked at, though I am less worried now. Over the last few hours its gotten substantially smaller and less tender. Just checking here in case anyone has had any sort of experience with this sort of thing.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

glasseye posted:

There's something I've always wondered. It's established that MMA combat sport styles work the best in the ring, but would they actually be useful in a real-life self defense situation? Does it depend on what an assailant is trained in, if anything?

Short answer yes. Long answer yes. Addendum, sometimes no.

It's a pretty simple question.

The guy who's trained for years to get hit and hit back is going to win 90% of the fights he's in in most modern self defense situations, which lets face it usually amount to one too many beers and usually a woman.

If a knife comes out it doesn't matter whether or not you've done 5 years of silat or 5 years of MMA, chances are you're not going to see it coming, it's going to be concealed and more likely going to be pulled when you're not looking.

If you see a weapon you're better off getting the gently caress out of there unless it's a blunt instrument and you're confident you can neutralise it and hurt your opponent before they can crack your skull with it.

So the answer is, if you want to be able to defend yourself in a real life situation you've got to do real life type drilling. Any art that encourages sparring with or without pads, as long as you're going full speed at some stage is a safe bet for learning to protect yourself.

If someone pulls a knife you're going to get cut even if you're a bad rear end at knife defense in your dojo and you're better off getting the gently caress out of there.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

swmmrmanshen posted:

This is exactly what my leg looked like when I had staph.

1. Does it feel warm to the touch and hurt like gently caress? then go to a doctor.

If you do go get them to doa swab and culture my gp didn't want to but I demanded he do it. I was bed ridden for nearly 2 weeks and I went to a doc three days after training. Don't take the chance

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Aug 31, 2012

swagger like us
Oct 27, 2005

Don't mind me. We must protect rapists and misogynists from harm. If they're innocent they must not be named. Surely they'll never harm their sleeping, female patients. Watch me defend this in great detail. I am not a mens rights activist either.
You hit the nail pretty hard on the head about knives coming out. Its pretty well established that people only use knives for two things, 1.) intimidation: i.e. they pull it out, wave it around either to mug you, or to threaten you. If thats the case, give them what they want, or run the gently caress away. 2.)To actually kill you. If thats the case, they aren't going to stand in front of you, pull it out and then lunge at you. You won't actually see it coming because either he'll pull it and stab you repeatedly, as fast as possible (no parrying will stop a prison shiv barrage), or he'll sneak up on you and loving murder you.

So, in those cases, situational awareness and not letting your monkey brain ego get in the way of surviving is important. Get the gently caress out of situations, defuse them, dont escalate them.

But that being said, I agree, if there is ANY "fighting system" or whatever you want to call it thats the "best" to prepare you for a real life defense scenario, its no question that anything with alive training will help you. MMA has live training in both striking, grappling, clinchwork, throws etc., so I would agree that it is the best to train in for such a scenario.

This being said though, don't look for a system thats the "best" at dealing with real life scenarios, just look for one that you enjoy and will do consistently and alive. Don't think because you're doing judo, that even though you love it, compete in it and train it a lot, that you should go to an MMA gym instead. Sure there's no striking, but you're atleast like 70% better off in facing an untrained opponent, while with MMA maybe you'll be 85% better of just because of striking and whatever.

Just pick something that spars and trains with a focus on aliveness, and loving do it. Also, run the gently caress away, and don't act like a tough guy hero at bars.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Thanks swagger, I'll have a look around for a brace.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm taking the plunge and investing a bit of my hard-earned cash in some gear, I'm thinking of starting with gloves and a pair of thai pads. I've been asking around and the general consensus is that Fairtex makes some pretty good poo poo all-around.

I found a site with pretty decent prices but I'm a little wary of scamming, particularly since this site is advertising gloves in size and color options the main Fairtex site doesn't seem to have and for about 40$ cheaper. http://www.muaythai-fighting.com/fairtex-super-sparring-gloves-locked-thumb-bgv5.html if anyone wants to have a look. Is it legit or is something shady going on?

Also does anyone have any recommendations on brands for thai pads? My gym uses mostly Twins pads and I do like how they feel and they seem to be made pretty solidly. Anyone with advice?

E: after looking around it seems most of these places that ship from Thailand stick you in the S&H fees...still worth it overall but I figured it was too good to be true

EE: hmm..170$ for two pairs of gloves, still seems like a pretty awesome deal. Close to grabbing some gloves and possibly throwing in a pair of thai pads and a belly pad. That's about all I'd need for just about everything in pad work I can think of. A kick pad would be nice but a thai pad can do the same job for the most part I think. Any opinions?

T.S. Smelliot fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Aug 31, 2012

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Israfel posted:

So I'm taking the plunge and investing a bit of my hard-earned cash in some gear, I'm thinking of starting with gloves and a pair of thai pads. I've been asking around and the general consensus is that Fairtex makes some pretty good poo poo all-around.

I found a site with pretty decent prices but I'm a little wary of scamming, particularly since this site is advertising gloves in size and color options the main Fairtex site doesn't seem to have and for about 40$ cheaper. http://www.muaythai-fighting.com/fairtex-super-sparring-gloves-locked-thumb-bgv5.html if anyone wants to have a look. Is it legit or is something shady going on?

Also does anyone have any recommendations on brands for thai pads? My gym uses mostly Twins pads and I do like how they feel and they seem to be made pretty solidly. Anyone with advice?

I like twins pads and I love everlast gloves but that's just one man's opinion

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006

Israfel posted:

I ordered my gloves and shin pads from this site, both twins, and they came just fine. Like 50% of the people at my gym have twins gloves, and they hold up great. The more experienced guys seem to get Rivals gloves, which are more comfortable, but don't hold up as long.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Stabbing Spork posted:

I ordered my gloves and shin pads from this site, both twins, and they came just fine. Like 50% of the people at my gym have twins gloves, and they hold up great. The more experienced guys seem to get Rivals gloves, which are more comfortable, but don't hold up as long.

Well that's reassuring, think I'm gonna grab gloves, a belly pad and thai pads for now and in another month or so I'll grab some focus mitts, shin guards and headgear for sparring. I think a suitcase pad can wait for now since I can basically use the thai pads for leg kicks anyways.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
It'd be a bit grosser, but does your gym have common thai pads for everyone to share? When does the belly pad come into play? We just use thai pads for knees/teeps to the body as well.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

kimbo305 posted:

It'd be a bit grosser, but does your gym have common thai pads for everyone to share? When does the belly pad come into play? We just use thai pads for knees/teeps to the body as well.

Yeah, we have common gloves/thai pads/belly pads/focus mitts/shin guards for everyone to share and headgear also for the more advanced students to spar with. Is it that uncommon? I can't imagine doing a lot of clinchwork/knees with no belly pad and I don't really see how it's that gross, but hey I could be wrong

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Sharing headgear is gross, buy your own headgear, sharing thai pads or focus mitts is completely normal though and a gym shouldnt expect you to buy a set of thai pads to do drills

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006
Yeah you shouldn't have to get your own set of thai pads, or suitcase pad. But if you have money to spare, and someone to do drills with on your own time, go for it.
Do people use belly pads regularly? I've only seen a couple people use them for specific drills.

Kumo Jr.
Mar 21, 2006

JON JONES APOLOGIST #4
I like to wear the belly pad when I train certain people, and my friend that teaches thai boxing always wears one. They're great if you want to include body/liver shots in your combinations. It can be hard to take knees to them sometimes unless you brace really well with your padded arms behind the belly pad.

A flying piece of
Feb 28, 2010
NO THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING AS CHEX
I'd like to inject some HEMA drama into this thread and get some thoughts from those of you totally outside of our circle. See the following article:

http://www.thearma.org/essays/sportification-ruins-discipline.html

A large part of the wider community has been holding and developing major tournaments for a few years now. When I say 'major', I mean major for HEMA... as in longsword tournaments that have around 50 people. ARMA is a mostly US organization of a few hundred that defines itself by isolationism. They don't interact with any of the rest of the community and actually restrict their members from training with anyone outside of ARMA.

What are some of your thoughts on the idea that competitive tournaments could invalidate any claim to history? I think it's ridiculous. Not only did they hold fechtschules all over Europe in the 15th and 16th century, which were competitive, traveling events, but we have manuscripts that specifically talk about cool things you can do in 'play fighting'.

Note that a lot of the claims about how tournaments are run is assumption or hyperbole, because this guy nor the director of ARMA have ever attended one.

A flying piece of fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 31, 2012

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Yay, John Clements is further alienating ARMA from the rest of the WMA/HEMA community!

I'm a member of a small HEMA group in Canada and we run an open tournament about twice a year. I'm not sure if it has ever been explicitly stated, but I'm pretty sure everyone is under the assumption that using laminate weapons, safety gear, and judges is to demonstrate skill without killing each other and I'm pretty sure modern MMA/ boxing/ what have you uses safety gear and rulesets for the same purpose.

Illumination
Jan 26, 2009

Speaking of headgear, what are some good suggestions? I know Winning is a popular brand here but I seem to remember those being hundreds of dollars and way above my price range.

eine dose socken
Mar 9, 2008

Gearwise, i love these Fairtex Thai pads. Extremely light, great velcro bands, and the curved shape is awesome.

At my former gym, we used these Twins leather pads , which are sturdy as hell but also pretty heavy. Also i hated the stupid buckles on them!

Also that website has inspired me to finally get a couple of really ridiculous MT shorts, i just can't decide between the zebra or leopard pattern, and there's also a couple of awesome pink ones...

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

Illumination posted:

Speaking of headgear, what are some good suggestions? I know Winning is a popular brand here but I seem to remember those being hundreds of dollars and way above my price range.

Top Ten gets a lot of love in this thread. Shevlin made some boss headgear, if you can still find it anywhere.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Stabbing Spork posted:

Yeah you shouldn't have to get your own set of thai pads, or suitcase pad. But if you have money to spare, and someone to do drills with on your own time, go for it.
Do people use belly pads regularly? I've only seen a couple people use them for specific drills.

Yeah the thai pads are for outside of the gym. As for the belly pads, at least in my gym they're used very frequently for teeps and knee work which is done a lot.:v:

e:

eine dose socken posted:

Also that website has inspired me to finally get a couple of really ridiculous MT shorts, i just can't decide between the zebra or leopard pattern, and there's also a couple of awesome pink ones...
definitely pink

pink leopard if they have it

T.S. Smelliot fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Sep 1, 2012

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

A flying piece of posted:

What are some of your thoughts on the idea that competitive tournaments could invalidate any claim to history? I think it's ridiculous. Not only did they hold fechtschules all over Europe in the 15th and 16th century, which were competitive, traveling events, but we have manuscripts that specifically talk about cool things you can do in 'play fighting'.

I don't know much about ye olde sticke fighttes but I'm pretty sure knights and whatnot used to hold tournaments all the time to find out who had the biggest dickke.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
We got a batch of glorious pink SDI boxing gloves, I desperately tried to buy a pair but the largest size was 10 oz (for girls), my shovel hands simply don't fit in. I'm so pissed.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Illumination posted:

I like the Top Ten headgear, but I dunno how overpriced those are in NA...they're around 80€ here. Easy to wash, tight fit, less obstructive than other brands I've tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Paul Pot posted:

I like the Top Ten headgear, but I dunno how overpriced those are in NA...they're around 80€ here. Easy to wash, tight fit, less obstructive than other brands I've tried.

When I first started I took to a pair of Top Ten gloves that my gym had laying around because they were comfy and felt pretty good but then when I started looking around for gear to buy I came across this: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117607&page=1 and it seems the OP isn't the only one who experienced those problems.

I don't know what this says about Top Ten's quality in general but it sure doesn't bode well for their gloves.

• Locked thread