Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
Dragged a friend to the park to take some pictures.

Jenny by TheOneTrueDevo, on Flickr

Jenny by TheOneTrueDevo, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

WHOOP WHOOP, just got this over email

In preparation for Sue Bryce's return event, today and tomorrow we are running a special re-broadcast of her first amazing Glamour Photography workshop.

Last March Sue broke records with this remarkable event.

Discover how you can take your business to the next level bringing Sue's glamour secrets to women in your area.

WATCH NOW: creativelive.com/live

This is a must watch if you like taking photos of people, yeah sure CL can be a bit cheeseball sometimes but you really shouldn't miss this

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

ERRYDAY I BE SPLIT-TONING! Honestly, its the only skill I got other than shooting the back of women and calling it "Editorial".

AceClown posted:

In preparation for Sue Bryce's return event, today and tomorrow we are running a special re-broadcast of her first amazing Glamour Photography workshop.

Discover how you can take your business to the next level bringing Sue's glamour secrets to women in your area.

This is a must watch if you like taking photos of people, yeah sure CL can be a bit cheeseball sometimes but you really shouldn't miss this

Agreed, one of the few classes you should really watch. Made my portraits a lot better.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

glamour photography in England is basically topless models so the titles of Bryce's workshops really throw me off.

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

ERRYDAY I BE SPLIT-TONING! Honestly, its the only skill I got other than shooting the back of women and calling it "Editorial".
Oh poo poo I just noticed my red title! Haha, well played!

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.

Paragon8 posted:

glamour photography in England is basically topless models so the titles of Bryce's workshops really throw me off.

Speaking of which, I'll be there in one month! :pervert:

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

McMadCow posted:

Speaking of which, I'll be there in one month! :pervert:

Nice! did the makeup prints get to you btw?

Let me know when you're in town!

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Not much of a portrait. More of a "hey let me try something real quick."

This is a photo stitch with about 10-15 photos with an 85mm 1.8. I should have had her hold something out to strengthen the effect.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

xenilk posted:

Two shoots :)

IMG_1793 by avoyer, on Flickr

IMG_1765 by avoyer, on Flickr

IMG_2056 by avoyer, on Flickr

IMG_2058 by avoyer, on Flickr

I dig your style, I wish I could blend the pose of the first one with the composition of the second one, or something in between. Either way I dig it.

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

RizieN posted:

I dig your style, I wish I could blend the pose of the first one with the composition of the second one, or something in between. Either way I dig it.

Thank you! I agree with how you feel, there are things I would correct if I went back to it but in the end I feel like I've learnt a lot from this shoot and the critique I've got.

Niagalack
Aug 29, 2007

No half measure.

AceClown posted:

Is it possible to record these?

CarrotFlowers
Dec 17, 2010

Blerg.

Niagalack posted:

Is it possible to record these?

You can purchase them for download.

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

IMG_1934 by avoyer, on Flickr

Another genre

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

xenilk posted:

IMG_1934 by avoyer, on Flickr

Another genre

Foot fetishism? :quagmire:

Joking aside, I like the scene (though you should have tidied the bedside table of clutter a bit), and the lighting / processing - the only thing I don't like is the foreshortening on her legs caused by them pointing straight towards the camera; a ladies legs should be long IMO :)

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Foot fetishism? :quagmire:

Joking aside, I like the scene (though you should have tidied the bedside table of clutter a bit), and the lighting / processing - the only thing I don't like is the foreshortening on her legs caused by them pointing straight towards the camera; a ladies legs should be long IMO :)

Haha!

Yeah I need to pay more attention to the scene itself beforehand. I thought the clutter might give a more realist vibe but I can understand how it can be distracting.

Thanks! :)

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

Nina3 by xxyzx road, on Flickr

Nina1 by xxyzx road, on Flickr

Nina2 by xxyzx road, on Flickr

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

I like those a lot, super job.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Yea those are great, did you coach her on facial expressions or did she just do them naturally? I never know what to say to anyone when I'm supposed to be taking their pictures.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Paragon8 posted:

I like those a lot, super job.

RizieN posted:

Yea those are great, did you coach her on facial expressions or did she just do them naturally? I never know what to say to anyone when I'm supposed to be taking their pictures.

Thanks guys. Yeah, some coaching, but I think the third one was natural. We got maybe 200 shots that day and maybe 8 or so winners, so they can't all be good. I missed focus on one of my favorite shots from the day, so that didn't make me happy.

coronalight
Oct 12, 2006

asdfghjkl;
I need to shoot more people.

Golden Slumbers. by Scott LaChapelle, on Flickr

Sparks Fly. by Scott LaChapelle, on Flickr

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

scotty posted:

I need to shoot more people.

Golden Slumbers. by Scott LaChapelle, on Flickr

Great setting. Pretty model. This was very close to being awesome. Next time, turn her head away from the sun. This will put her face in even light and light up her hair with sunlight. Then, spot meter on her skin and expose for that. That'll put her in face in a perfect exposure and create a washed-out glow coming from behind her that looks really cool.

coronalight
Oct 12, 2006

asdfghjkl;
Thanks for the tips! I've been having fun shooting outdoors, usually I try and shoot more intimate scenes indoors where the lighting isn't so much out of control. Realizing the sun moves so drastically within minutes at twilight is something I was never fully aware of.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

One more of Nina. This is the one I really liked, but missed the focus. It's not very noticeable at this resolution, but it still bugs me. :/

Nina 4 by xxyzx road, on Flickr

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

TheAngryDrunk posted:

One more of Nina. This is the one I really liked, but missed the focus. It's not very noticeable at this resolution, but it still bugs me. :/

Nina 4 by xxyzx road, on Flickr

Try not to sweat small stuff like that. You've got a great connection with the subject and that counts for a lot more than razor sharp focus on a portrait.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

Yeah they all look really great. If you ever feel bad about a blurry picture, go take a walk in any showing of the fashion masters. "Crispness" has never been a thing to worry about. You have great chemistry with this model that shows through, though I personally think that her "natural look" in the 3rd picture you posted is the best, very real.

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

New pictures from today :)

IMG_2779 by avoyer, on Flickr

and behind the scenes, I actually like them a lot!

IMG_2865 by avoyer, on Flickr

IMG_2866 by avoyer, on Flickr

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

Great makeup, she has a very feline quality.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

Paragon8 posted:

Nice! did the makeup prints get to you btw?

Let me know when you're in town!

I did get them, thanks!
I'll be in town by the last week of September, and the program begins on Oct 1st.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

My niece

351B2802 by francography, on Flickr

351B2767 by francography, on Flickr

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Please tell me that little girl isn't wearing lipstick.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

uhh. wat.

No, she's not wearing makeup.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

McMadCow posted:

I'll be in town by the last week of September, and the program begins on Oct 1st.
I finish my MA at the end of October, so hope to see you soon after then too.

--

Krys Fox by Richard Aldred

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

Ric posted:

I finish my MA at the end of October, so hope to see you soon after then too.

Awesome, I start my MA at the beginning of October. What school are you going to?

Bianca by McMadCow, on Flickr

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

McMadCow posted:

Awesome, I start my MA at the beginning of October. What school are you going to?

Bianca by McMadCow, on Flickr

I really enjoy the sceneries you find for your shoot, they are always very strong and unique.

Here's a crosspost from PAD from a shoot I did with two people who never met to see how good I could get the chemistry by guiding them throughout the shoot.

It was a pretty cool challenge, learned a lot.

IMG_4848 by avoyer, on Flickr

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

This thread is moving far too slowly.
Printed these last night from shoots within the last couple of weeks.

Bianca on the Path by McMadCow, on Flickr

DeSalle by McMadCow, on Flickr

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
The first one is really nice, not feeling the second one, feels a little crowded with the fence in the background and the tight cropping on the head and hand.

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Reichstag posted:

The first one is really nice, not feeling the second one, feels a little crowded with the fence in the background and the tight cropping on the head and hand.

I rather prefer the second one. The claustrophobia caused by the tight cropping seems to fit with the mood of the model, and her expression.

Here's another one from me; really a snapshot of a friend of mine at his job; I tweaked the B+W levels to try and approximate a red filter.

mister blair by thetzar, on Flickr

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Snapshots or portraits, I have no idea but I like how they look.

DSC02403 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

DSC02410 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

DSC02423 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

DSC02422 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

DSC02420 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Also, shadow portraits. Is that a thing?

DSC02037 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

DSC02055 by LargeHadron, on Flickr

And this :downs:

DSC02176 by LargeHadron, on Flickr