Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Naky posted:

And people wonder why I drink and mod gamebryo at the same time. When you can have fun like this? Oh baby.

This is what I've been missing. Should make debugging scripts much much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

SpookyLizard posted:

This is what I've been missing. Should make debugging scripts much much easier.

Damned straight. The Armory should have been sponsored by the good Cap'n Morgan.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Naky posted:

Damned straight. The Armory should have been sponsored by the good Cap'n Morgan.

I'll be sure to dedicate my work to Johnnie Walker. The first thing of which should be up later tonight.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I can't find the mod on the Nexus to extend Radio New Vegas. Anyone got a copy of it on hand?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Rirse posted:

I can't find the mod on the Nexus to extend Radio New Vegas. Anyone got a copy of it on hand?

In what should be the thread title at this point, 'check the OP'. Should be a link there, though it's always possible that A) the nexus is making GBS threads itself and not working properly B) the mod's maker pissed someone off and it got taken down C) the nexus is being the nexus and why isn't there a better site for hosting mods.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

D) If all else fails google it.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

So I've ran into a bit of a problem. I want to make a mod that references another mod, and for some reason the GECK is only letting me reference it if the mod I am referencing is an .esm file, while it is currently a .esp file. As such, I used FOMM to make it into an .esm. However there are other mods that referenced this mod in its original state as a .esp, and I'm getting issues out the rear end because the mod they're supposed to be referencing has been changed and renamed.

Is there any way to fix this? A solution that allows me to fix the problem with the GECK not letting me have a .esp as a parent file or one where I can have the other mods reference the .esm instead of the .esp are both acceptable for me.

Thanks in advance.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

DoctorStrangelove posted:

So I've ran into a bit of a problem. I want to make a mod that references another mod, and for some reason the GECK is only letting me reference it if the mod I am referencing is an .esm file, while it is currently a .esp file. As such, I used FOMM to make it into an .esm. However there are other mods that referenced this mod in its original state as a .esp, and I'm getting issues out the rear end because the mod they're supposed to be referencing has been changed and renamed.

Is there any way to fix this? A solution that allows me to fix the problem with the GECK not letting me have a .esp as a parent file or one where I can have the other mods reference the .esm instead of the .esp are both acceptable for me.

Thanks in advance.

Change bAllowMultipleMasterLoads to 1 in GECKCustom.ini. However, I would advise you to do such editing in FNVEdit, it's much easier once you get the hang of it.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

SpookyLizard posted:

:ducksiren:PRO CLICK ZONE:ducksiren:

The above is my current version of Gtab's ammo master that some of us in this thread have been using. This current version contains recipes to manufacture or breakdown ammuntion (or it's baser components) in batches of up to 10,000 rounds at a time. It's really convenient. This version does depend on GRA now and you can make pulse slugs. I think I've got recipes for every ammo in the game now, but holler if I missed something. Just overwrite your existing .esm, you should be fine. It shouldn't make anything explode.

I'd love to try this, are there any conflicts I need to watch for? I am using PN (everything minus rebalance), CCO, and JSaywyer as far as major stuff goes. No WMX or anything.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SpookyLizard posted:

In what should be the thread title at this point, 'check the OP'. Should be a link there, though it's always possible that A) the nexus is making GBS threads itself and not working properly B) the mod's maker pissed someone off and it got taken down C) the nexus is being the nexus and why isn't there a better site for hosting mods.

I checked the OP and it not on there anymore. And on the Nexus the file is listed as private.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Rirse posted:

I checked the OP and it not on there anymore. And on the Nexus the file is listed as private.

Are you serious? It's not the first one under the "Radios" section? The Extended Radio New Vegas utility?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Rirse posted:

Then I think you're best going to the google and finding an alternate host or hoping that someone has the appropriate files lying around and will rehost them for you.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I'd love to try this, are there any conflicts I need to watch for? I am using PN (everything minus rebalance), CCO, and JSaywyer as far as major stuff goes. No WMX or anything.

No, not really. All it really adds is Brass and Hull Plastic, miscellaneous items that are used to make cases and hulls, and adds recipes to breakdown/make (nearly) every vanilla ammo, as well .45 Auto from Honest Hearts and the neat poo poo from GRA. I say nearly because I noticed I missed somethings. I'll be putting out an update tomorrow that adds a few new ammos and recipes, taken out of another ammo mod kicking around TFR.

If you happen to use Lombard Station it won't autosort Brass/Hull Plastic or pull it out of containers, but I'm working on a patch for Lombard Station, to update those scripts. Should be up tomorrow, a little bit after the ammo mod gets uploaded.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

NifSkope is so much fun.

Bits and pieces from TG, Tailor Maid, LPAM and others, as well as some minor texture work in Photoshop. Best part is it doesn't even require any modelling experience, just copy/pasting and a few adjustments in NifSkope's simple coordinate system. You'll run into some negligible clipping when it's animated in-game, though.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Dude is hosed if his jacket catches fire.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Upmarket Mango posted:

Dude is hosed if his jacket catches fire.

Not as much as the duster I made that had both a dynamite bandolier and an ammo belt.

Which reminds me, I wonder if there's a way to give a specific armour an explode-on-death effect, so those Powder Gangers with dynamite bandoliers can be blown up. Not that it isn't already loads of fun to shoot the dynamite in their hands.

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

Not as much as the duster I made that had both a dynamite bandolier and an ammo belt.

Which reminds me, I wonder if there's a way to give a specific armour an explode-on-death effect, so those Powder Gangers with dynamite bandoliers can be blown up. Not that it isn't already loads of fun to shoot the dynamite in their hands.

Don't know that it'll help too much, but you might look into the scripting used for those giant ants in the Nellis Generator room. They explode on death when hit with laser or melee weapons, but not guns.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Are you serious? It's not the first one under the "Radios" section? The Extended Radio New Vegas utility?

Okay I thought the mod was a different name, which is why I htought it was missing from the OP. But I don't see the music downloads anymore. I remember it having a hundred music pack to download.

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

Rirse posted:

Okay I thought the mod was a different name, which is why I htought it was missing from the OP. But I don't see the music downloads anymore. I remember it having a hundred music pack to download.

Are you thinking of Mojave Music Radio?

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Here's a snippet of something I'm working on for the next version of CCO:

quote:

In the event of a catastrophic systems failure, the Vault Overseer (or Vault Personnel of similarly-high rank, if the Overseer is incapacitated) may deem it necessary to abandon the Vault's ongoing social experiment and evacuate the Vault. Such an action should be viewed as an absolute last resort, as departure from the Vault before the conclusion of the experiment and the express consent of Vault-Tec Executives will be viewed as a breach of contract. Offenders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Nevertheless, if the experiment is unsalvageable or if the Vault is otherwise compromised, survivors of one failed Vault may consider seeking refuge in another Vault and integrating with that Vault's population to ensure the continuity of American civilization. To that end, the locations of other nearby Vaults have been provided and downloaded onto your Pip-Boy.

At minimum, Personnel leaving their assigned Vault should consider taking the following precautions:
1. Carry no less than fourteen (14) days worth of Vault-issue rations on your person at all times. Do not ingest any outdoor flora or fauna under any circumstances. Although it may appear safe, background radiation has likely mutated all outdoor life to the point where it is no longer safe for human consumption. If no Vault-issue rations are available, your Vault Jumpsuit's extruder can convert urine and human waste into water after seven (7) days of pressurization.
2. A Vault-issue firearm, with no less than three (3) spare magazines. In the event of an emergency, the Overseer will likely distribute weapons from your Vault's armory. If your Vault was not stocked with an armory or your Overseer is unwilling to distribute any weapons, Vault-Tec encourages you to fashion a stick into a crude spear. While this may feel indignant, remember that making do with what you have is the American way of life!
3. Keep your Vault-issue Geiger Counter with you at all times, and use its ambient monitors to safely navigate around pockets of radiation. If a Vault-issue Geiger Counter is not available, Vault-Tec reminds you of the power of positive thinking and assures you there is no shame in guessing.
4. Have no less than five (5) Stimpaks with you at all times. The smallest cut or bite could lead to a virulent infection, and it is of the utmost importance that all wounds - no matter how big or small - are sterilized and treated as soon as possible. If no Stimpaks are available, Vault-Tec wishes you the best of luck.

As a final reminder, even if you do find another Vault, the Overseers of other Vaults are under no obligation to take in refugees. The integrity of Vault-Tec's ambitious and groundbreaking social experiments are more important than the needs of the few - and as Americans, we can all understand the importance of the greater good. If nothing else, your valiant sacrifice will be honored in the New America to come!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

No, even through I was looking at this last night. It was the Extended Radio New Vegas mod, but the page used to have music to download. Now it just has only the esp and a bunch of old versions of that esp.

Convicted Lovebot
Jan 29, 2011

Cirosan posted:

Here's a snippet of something I'm working on for the next version of CCO:

Oh man, this sounds awesome. The writing is really excellent too.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Rirse posted:

No, even through I was looking at this last night. It was the Extended Radio New Vegas mod, but the page used to have music to download. Now it just has only the esp and a bunch of old versions of that esp.

It does have a bunch of music in though, or, more accurately, it can mix all of the existing NV radio music (including the not-used songs) into the ESP along with whatever music you already wanna use. My custom playlist consisted almost entirely of some of the exisitng NVR songs and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf6EvzdgFSw. It's pretty rad.

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.
While we're on the subject of radio stuff, the CONELRAD radio mod from the OP is pretty great. The music fits really well, and the PSAs are interesting.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Does anybody know of a facial hair mod that will let me combine one or two facial hairs into a monster of fashion? I ask only because my search hasn't really turned anything up yet.

Save for the weird facial hair on Veronica mod.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

FauxGateau posted:

Does anybody know of a facial hair mod that will let me combine one or two facial hairs into a monster of fashion? I ask only because my search hasn't really turned anything up yet.

Save for the weird facial hair on Veronica mod.

Off the top of my head, there are two mods in this area: One that deals with a "medium beard" and one that deals with sideburns. Neither of these mods does quite what you're looking for, though. You won't find a legitimate mod that does what you're talking about, at least dynamically, since a "build your own beard" mod is pretty much impossible to make. You'd probably have to crack open the files in Nifskope or a texture editing program and manually combine facial hair.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Is the darnified UI in the OP the latest version? I looked on the bethsoft forums but didn't see anything.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

It is. DarN fell off the face of the planet some time ago.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Off the top of my head, there are two mods in this area: One that deals with a "medium beard" and one that deals with sideburns. Neither of these mods does quite what you're looking for, though. You won't find a legitimate mod that does what you're talking about, at least dynamically, since a "build your own beard" mod is pretty much impossible to make. You'd probably have to crack open the files in Nifskope or a texture editing program and manually combine facial hair.

That's a bummer. But I'm sure I can make that work. I'll get on that. I might even post pictures of my hilarious failure.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
:ducksiren:Newest release of Gtab's Ammo Master :ducksiren:

Newest version includes:
code:
A breakdown/manufacture recipe for every goddamned ammo in the game (I think! Let me know if I missed anything).
Incendiary rounds for .308, 5.56, and 5mm.
BTHP Rounds for .44, .357, and .45-70
Buckshot 40mm and 25mm rounds.
Beehive 40mm Rounds. 
The new ammos were taken from another ammo mod floating around TFR. They won't show up on baddies or shops, afaik since I haven't hosed about with any levelled lists but you can craft all of them.

Installation instructions. Download this .esm, move to your Data directory, and check it on in FOMM. Make a merged patch, as you should be doing already. Merged patches are your friends!

Upgrading from a previous version: Just overwrite the existing GtabsImprovedAmmoMasterTFR.esm It shouldn't gently caress with anything, but please take any necessary precautions just in case.

Coming Soon: Lombard Station - Gtab.esp, which will update the crafting and sorting scripts to work with GtabsImprovedAmmoMasterTFR.esm (This file!) FYI: Be prepared to clear out Lombard Station before using this. So far it has cleared out containers on me, but that may have been a side effect of editing the file directly, since I updated Lombard Station.esp to set up the groundwork for future mods. I won't gently caress around with Lombard Station very much at all, just modify scripts to work some compatibility with mods, but some changes have been necessary, but again, just to scripts.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47714/

Released my .357 revolver retex finally. Also includes mods and Lucky :)

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
The 'Mark Morgan's "Vault Archives" Music' link in the OP seems to be broken.

Madfez
May 13, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Is there a good mod that adds more variety and spawns to the wasteland? The Mojave is starting to feel kinda empty. Is the Monster Mod really that bad? I don't mind if it's hard because I cheat.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Benjamin Black posted:

The 'Mark Morgan's "Vault Archives" Music' link in the OP seems to be broken.
I was deathly afraid this would happen one day.

I've taken the liberty of mirroring the Vault Archives here. Probably best if you guys keep this mirror to yourselves for now, though.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Madfez posted:

Is there a good mod that adds more variety and spawns to the wasteland? The Mojave is starting to feel kinda empty. Is the Monster Mod really that bad? I don't mind if it's hard because I cheat.

Hang on, you want to increase the wasteland spawns? Can't imagine why anyone would want to do that.

(It's awesome and also in the OP.)

Urby
May 31, 2011

MADE IN MEXICO
I think I've reached my limits of sanity... I added every armory weapon with it's proper caliber through caliberX and edited all the level lists... My brains.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Arenovalis posted:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47714/

Released my .357 revolver retex finally. Also includes mods and Lucky :)

Yessssssss :clint:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Urby posted:

I think I've reached my limits of sanity... I added every armory weapon with it's proper caliber through caliberX and edited all the level lists... My brains.

Hah. As I said before, alcohol. Not really optional when it comes to gamebryo modding. :v:

If you want to share that hard work, assuming it has the WIP weapons included, we can include it in the release if you want.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Naky posted:

Hah. As I said before, alcohol. Not really optional when it comes to gamebryo modding. :v:

Alternatively, weed. Although you'll realise that it's suddenly 8 in the morning and you've forgotten all the changes you've made.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I'm willing to bet this fat guy mod has been posted before, as well as this fat guy outfit pack, but I just found it myself so here you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beaumont
Dec 12, 2011

Saint Sputnik posted:

I'm willing to bet this fat guy mod has been posted before, as well as this fat guy outfit pack, but I just found it myself so here you go.

Shame that mod makes such an effort to be so loving goofy. Different body types would be a nice touch as well as a quick and easy method of characterisation - I realise it's been discussed before, but the engine really does struggle to create unique looking characters. A few overweight/scrawny characters would go a long way. Not like 'Female body by race', though. That thing is hideous.