Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

No Safe Word posted:

We should start running these through one of those online reading level evaluators. It will either be hilarious or depressing.
One of the things those scales consider is sentence length.

So:

quote:

I've said for a while now on my twitter account that Moore is to laid back & has this california cool about him I don't like, Hardknocks has done a great job of showing it. Moore lacks the fire a QB needs & this article does a great job of proving it. In my opinion he is fine with being a backup in this league & reminds me of Alex Morran of Blue Mountain State & this is coming from someone who really pulled for Moore last year & at times in the offseason felt Miami did not have to draft a QB cause of Moore's body of work last year. Im man enough to admit I was very wrong.
This giant run on sentence is a Grade 13 on the Flesch-Kincaid scale, despite appearing to have been written by a five year old.

quote:

Probably true, but she was clearly the hottest of the bunch. Garrard's wife is cute, but she's older. Matt Moore's wife is hot, but was recently "spoiled" by child birth. Tanny's wife is well known at this point, but she's almost too tall (very straight legs), and while she's hot, she gets points deducted for that. Les Brown's girl is just straight up drat!!
4th Grade.

quote:

like when clueless 'experts' post like elitist punks, with a 'know-it-all' attitude, you guys would fit in great at ESPN. Obviously you two are right though, 'Durr Tampa sign men-e good free agent they win supa bowl next year durrr!" Jackson, Nicks and Wright fix all their problems, how did I not see this?

Fun fact: $31M of Nicks $47.5M contract is GUARANTEED. Even if he has a bad year, he won't get cut. Hell he'd have to have back-to-back atrocious years, and even still I doubt he's out of Tampa in less than 3, unless he goes Talib on somebody. Plus do you really think Tampa is going to cut him and admit to making a $31M blunder? Yep, tons of incentive to perform there!

Jackson's deal isn't quite as bad with only $26M of the $55.5M guaranteed. Still players who take tons of money in free agency, going from a playoff-caliber team to a crappy squad, have a really checkered history. Think about Sidney Rice last summer. Think about Albert Haynesworth. Think about O.J. Atogwe. Think about Zach Miller. Think about all of the bums Daniel Snyder has brought in over the years. But please feel free to cite examples of players that willingly went to crap teams for more money and actually earned it.

And nothing excuses signing Eric Wright for $37.5M. That's just insane! Millen himself wouldn't have paid that.

The $0.00 thing is just plain asinine as well, if you WANT to win you take less money, not zero money, don't act like a child. Honestly, what can you do with $55M, that you can't do with $50M?

I really doubt Tampa wins more than 5 games, 4-12 again after spending $140.5M! Lol, that's impressive.
This rant? 5th grade level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

No seriously, guys. It's all a ruse. :350:

JI posted:

Is Hunter our Trojan Horse?

Let's say the guy's really stepped up his game this offseason, but Rex told him to look bad in the preseason on purpose. Teams come out and start game planning for him like he was a weakness, but when they come out, BAM, he pancakes everyone. I know it would be unorthodox, but we have a coach with a twisted mind (in a good way) and who's probably getting desperate enough to try something sneaky. Best of all, it's so out there that NO ONE would expect it, it would take at least several games for teams to readjust, by which time we're 4-0. As long as it's not against the rules, Rex doesn't have to play fair. I see a big year for Hunter.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, and Marcus Cannon isn't getting beaten by everything aside from cancer.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Guys, what if we avoid exposure to all of these posts by just taking cyanide pills? I know it's unorthodox, but NO ONE would expect it! It's just crazy enough to work!!1

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I was reading Deadspin because I can't help myself, and...

quote:

They released Nick Collins, the best player on the defense besides Clay Matthews, because, "they wouldn't play their son after an injury like his" even though a doctor didn't say he couldn't play anymore. WELL HE'S NOT YOUR SON AND THE SAFETY NOW IS SOMEONE NAMED M.D. JENNINGS. WHO IS THAT? Just throw Collins out there and hope to God.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

quote:

Gronk looks slow and wiffed on numerous of blocks. Maybe he should stay the eff off tv and get get back into football.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Wow. New England fans really are the worst. I can't wait for you guys to have 50 years of failure now.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The irony is that he meant to post that in the general news and views thread and under his username

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
lol

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

quote:

People like to "pile on" skip bayless all the time.... what about bill belichick??

Is Bill Belichick a racist ??
in 2011 pre-season he TRIED TO MAKE RAHEEM MORRIS LOOK BAD (playin' like it's a regular season game), but was all chummy chum with the new white coach Schiano in 2012??

From pewterreport.com

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

MindlessHavok posted:

From pewterreport.com

Please tell me that pewterreport is an anti-Stormfront.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
No, it just has an awful, awful message board full of trolls and complete idiots. It's also completely unmoderated except by casual members yelling at each other. I saw one guy go bonkers on another the other day; Guy One says "If I was in the league and [whoever] did that he could lick my nuts" or something similar. Guy two loses his poo poo because it's a 'family oriented message board'.

The main site isn't bad for Bucs info though.

edit: Oh yeah, there's also this guy whose entire schtick is to hate on ANYthing the Bucs do. He also carries on about how we should have drafted Tebow in the first round because he would have been the savior of the franchise. He's so serious about it I almost believe he's not kidding.

I've thought about buying him an account here.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 26, 2012

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

MindlessHavok posted:

edit: Oh yeah, there's also this guy whose entire schtick is to hate on ANYthing the Bucs do. He also carries on about how we should have drafted Tebow in the first round because he would have been the savior of the franchise. He's so serious about it I almost believe he's not kidding.

Well it'd be funny for, like, the 10 mins he wasn't banned.

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.

MindlessHavok posted:

It's nice to know other teams have their very own Kawalimus :unsmith:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

quote:

Ever since Joe Robbie died and Huizenga bought the team, it seems as though there has been a concerted effort to continually make the wrong moves for this franchise. I can not believe that another in a long line of detrimental moves to this organization occurred as I awoke to find that the team has traded Vontae Davis and kept the Sean "I still do not know how to tackle" Smith. People, do not buy into the crap the media has put out about his improved play. Just wait until we get to the regular season and he is one on one with a WR, he will get burned because yet again he could not complete a tackle. The next move I see the Phins making is keeping John Jerry. Why do I say this? Remember back to a time in the 90's when we had seemed to finally find the right side of the line. At RT, I think his name was Mark Dennis and at RG was Jaime Nails. But Dennis would prove to be continually hurt, but that was not the problem. Jaime Nails was alot like John Jerry, he had weight issues and instead of releasing him and finding a replacement, they kept him around. What happened? During the subsequent offseason, Mr. Nails - after being discarded from a previous team for weight issues and finding a renewed life line along the Phins OL - went home and blew up to over 400lbs. from his Mom's cooking. But this is not the worst example, but just to illustrate a point. There are numerous others, but probably the first in the long line of franchise killing moves was Huizenga listening to JJ and hiring his buddy Dumbstadt. This is where the scheme was hatched to destroy the franchise. Then there is the hiring a long line of inept coaches. Then we do not screw up the coaching hire, but we hire someone else to screw it up for us and bring in Parcells. I think that Bill hated Shula and his reputation. When BP was hired, instead of trying to improve the franchise, he continually tried to destroy Shula's legacy and the subsequent retention of Ireland upon Parcells departure is a furtherance of this systematic breakdown of this org. This recent decision is just a continuation of the ongoing conspiracy against the franchise.

I just... holy poo poo

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
*points to slight depression in the sand* This is where the scheme was hatched

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Good places to hatch a scheme:
card table in the back room of a barbershop
Ireland
mezzanine (?? do these exist?)
bed of your buddy's pickup
elevator
escalator
regular stairs
DVD section at Target

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I just... holy poo poo

It's like a CSI: Miami monologue but about the Dolphins.

Get Horatio Kane in here ASAP, he'll get to the bottom of this scheme

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
Sports 610 caller said racism was involved in Texans WR Kevin Walter still being with the team, and that "if he were black he'd be cut" and that's why Lestar Jean doesn't already have his job. And Jacoby Jones was better than him. And all he brings to the table is "a little blocking".

Our black GM and black WR coach are racist, guys. :(

Oh God why can't I stop listening to sports talk radio?

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Arschlochkind posted:

Sports 610 caller said racism was involved in Texans WR Kevin Walter still being with the team, and that "if he were black he'd be cut" and that's why Lestar Jean doesn't already have his job. And Jacoby Jones was better than him. And all he brings to the table is "a little blocking".

Our black GM and black WR coach are racist, guys. :(

Oh God why can't I stop listening to sports talk radio?
Isn't Kevin Walter like...good?

Also, sorry about your sports talk radio. At least here in LA it's just delusional people think Dwight Howard is taking to the Lakers all the way or the Dodgers are winning it by trading for Adrian Gonzalez.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Wolfy posted:

Also, sorry about your sports talk radio. At least here in LA it's just delusional people think Dwight Howard is taking to the Lakers all the way or the Dodgers are winning it by trading for Adrian Gonzalez.

Walter is one of those guys that's perfect for the offense as long as AJ is also out there. He can't convincingly be the #1 guy on his own, but he's an excellent blocker and he executes his role really well. He doesn't set the world on fire stats-wise, but apparently his continued employment is because of racism and not that he's a reliable WR. :tinfoil:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Wolfy posted:

Houston sports radio is so weird because there are literally 4 full-time sports radio stations in town (ESPN Radio affiliate on FM, Yahoo Sports Radio affiliate on AM, CBS affiliate on AM, and Fox Sports Radio affiliate on AM) and none of them are the clear leaders in both quality and quantity so you have to listen to a mish-mash of them. The good news is, there are 4 in town and you can mix and match as you want. And they're also very largely local content during the important times (drive times).

Unsurprisingly I tend to listen to the shows that either have fewer callers or whose hosts don't suffer bad callers. Charlie Palillo does a good job of just straight up ignoring bad callers without really insulting them outright.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

No Safe Word posted:

Unsurprisingly I tend to listen to the shows that either have fewer callers or whose hosts don't suffer bad callers. Charlie Palillo does a good job of just straight up ignoring bad callers without really insulting them outright.

This guy was even sort of an anomaly for 610 because he was dumb enough to call in and say that during the late show, and for a little bit I thought Barry Warner was going to swear on air.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Kevin Walter is good and I'd love him on my team.
Racism is so stupid.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I just ...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And this is right below it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
This is Boris. He only give the most true and objective facts.

quote:

Just the facts
Lsu's season as Boris sees it fact
) Lsu 51 N.Tex 0
Mett throws for 340 yds and 4 td's fact
Lsu running attack simply overwhelms their D fact
Lsu rushes for over 300 yds fact
Rivers comes in and plays well fact
Total mismatch and Lsu holds on to # 1 fact

2)Lsu 47 wash 17 fact
Lsu comes out fast and OBJ runs the opening kickoff back 100 yds fact
Mett throws for 275 yds fact
Rb 's account for another 250 yds fact
D plays well and Jallen Mills picks off pass and returns it for a TD fact
KeKe gets 2 sacks and Sam gets 1 fact
Lsu retains it's # 1 ranking fact

3)LSU 65 Idaho 3
Mett throw for 225 yds in the first half fact
Rivers comes in early in the first quarter fact
Bolden also plays in the last quarter fact
Idaho scores late on the 3rd string to avert the shutout fact

4)
LSU 55 Towson 0 fact
Les calls off the dogs early fact
Everyone including the walk on's play fact
Lsu remains #1 fact

5) LSU 35 AU 17
AU comes out fast and leads 7-0 fact
Lsu ground game starts pounding AU defensive line fact
Mett 's passing keeps the Eagles defense guessing fact
LSU depth proves too much fact
Lsu retains it's # 1 ranking fact

6) LSU 24 FLA 21 fact
fla defense rises to the occasion fact
LSU offense is stopped cold in the first half fact
Russell returns 2nd half kickoff for a score fact
Game is close all the way fact
Tigers win on FG as time expires fact
LSU reaLizes that it has to bring it's A game every week in SEC play fact
Lsu stays at # 1 triple fact

7) LSU 21 USC 13 fact
Another defensive struggle fact
Thanks goodness for Hill fact
He gets the tough yardage in the 4th quarter to help run out the clock fact
Mett throws for 2 td's fact
Wing runs for key 4th down fake punt fact
He not only gets the first down but scores fact
Lsu stays perfect and #1 fact

8) LSU 41 aTM 7 fact
LSU simply explodes in great execution fact
Tigers secondary is really getting that experience fact
Simon picks off 2 n returns 1 for a score double fact
Mett goes 21 - 25 with 4 TD passes fact
Team jelling at the right time fact
LSU #1 fact

9 ) Lsu 49 tide 7 fact
Tide fans hope for an upset against the nations #1 team are dashed early fact
Lsu scores the first 3 times against the tide for a commanding 17-0 lead at the end of the first quarter fact
Tide does score late against the tigers 3 rd string defense to avert the shutout fact
Lsu is on it's way to REPEAT and DEFEND it's sec and national titles from 2011 title fact
Spanky and the tide are completely demoralized fact
Tide suffers it's worse beating in history fact
Tide fans in deep mourning fact
Yes LSU gets all the number 1 votes and is the unanimous #1 fact
A number of BAMA fans believe that Bama did not LOSE but just BEAT themselves fact

10) LSU 41 miss St 17 fact
Lsu a little flat for the game fact
But the running game is still hitting on all cylinders fact
Les grounds out the win fact
Mett throws 2 int but also passes for 2 fact
Miss St plays hard and keeps game close until the 4th quarter
BLUE and HILLIARD Keep runinng hard fact
Ware, Hill and Ford continue to impress fact
Landry scores 2 TD's fact

11) LSU 61 ole miss 17 fact
Les calls off the dogs early fact
Lsu leads 42-0 by half fact
Blue , Ford,Ware and Hilliard all rush for 100 yds fact
1st time I'm LSU history that has happened fact
Mett slings ball for 399 yards fact
LSU simply too much for ole miss triple fact

12) LSU 38 ark 24 fact
Ark fired up to win this "rival" game fact
Ark actually leads LSU at half fact
Les , and Mett give impassioned speeches at half fact
Sam gets D going the second Half with a sack and fumble recovery fact

LSU heads to the SEC championship game ranked consensus # 1 triple fact
Well my friends here is the regular season as BORIS sees it fact
Lets hope for the best! Fact
Just the most accurate and objective facts

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
That's a psychosis of some kind though

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

speaking of scheming

quote:

Are the Giants behind the Jets bashing?
Guys, I have a theory about all this nonstop Jets bashing on local radio and tv. I think the Giants are behind it...

How is it possible for every single radio station to have the same exact opinion about the Jets? Not a one of them thinks the Jets are going to be any good and all they do is tear the organization apart every single second of the day. This seems too suspicious to be a coincidence to me. Most of these guys are like Bill O'Reilly or Glen Beck talking about Democrats, they do nothing but find fault with the other side. Likewise, I think alot of these sports talk people in the New York area are on the Giants payroll. The Giants are paying them all off, getting them to attack the New York Jets every second of the day in order to cause people to defect to the other side.

I guess my real question is; Are the New York Giants involved in a mass misinformation project designed to bring down the Jets organization in the hopes that they may eventually have the New York market all to themselves?

quote:

I can see where all the moves the Jets have made should cause a lot of talk, but why is the talk all negative? What (and who) is behind all the bashing of this organization, and who stands to benefit from this bashing?

I can say this, if the Maras are behind this they are flirting with RACKETEERING and could find themselves in court over it if evidence should come to light. They are making it too obvious! I would say it's only a matter of time before this comes out in the press and the Giants organization will be stained for life as a result.

quote:

The fact is the Giants don't want to be sharing a stadium with the Jets, and they don't want to be sharing a major market with the Jets either. If they could somehow cause enough disaffection within the Jets fanbase they might cause the organization to fail and the team to move to another city. This would leave the entire New York Metro area to THEM ALONE...

Word to the Maras... You are making it way too obvious gentlemen, and when you are caught it will not have been worth it.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Hm...yes. The only people who could find fault and/or hilarity with the Jets situation are Giants fans. There's no other reason they should be criticized at all. People forming their own opinions is completely laughable.

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!

Menamino posted:

speaking of scheming

WHO BENEFITS??!?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Morby posted:

If you read this in Aziz Anzari's voice and tone, it actually becomes pretty awesome.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Menamino posted:

speaking of scheming

This made my morning. Thank you for this.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Morby posted:

Speaking of this, does anyone know what happened to Horvil Tiki?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Menamino posted:

speaking of scheming

I love football conspiracy theories :allears:

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:
Don't know if fantasy football boards count but:

quote:

Curious do you play in PPR leagues?

quote:

Maybe 1 or 2 per year, but it is not my preferred scoring system because I'm not into socialism. Why do you ask?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think that dude is making a joke, man.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

quote:

Thomas Casale ‏@ThePigskinGuy
If I sucked as bad as Golden Tate I would loving kill myself. That little bitch. He should blow his brains out and do us all a favor. Bitch

quote:

They drafted you that high Golden to make one good block in your career and then point to your name. Little bitch. I’ll fight him anywhere.

quote:

I don’t care if I only live a year. I’m on a mission to find Golden Tate, fight him and put it on Youtube. Him and his 59 career catches.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
That block was pretty badass though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

No Safe Word posted:

Charlie is literally the only person I can stomach and he's so good I worry he'll leave us someday.

• Locked thread