Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Marseille supporters welcoming Joey Barton, heh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

You utter bastard, I'd just uploaded this :negative:

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

:getin:

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

trem_two posted:

Marseille supporters welcoming Joey Barton, heh:

oof, i approve!

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

:shepface:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
There was a Laudrup video in the last thread showing his passing and for one of them he does a rainbow flick pass into the box. Does anyone remember what video it was?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Scott Bakula posted:

There was a Laudrup video in the last thread showing his passing and for one of them he does a rainbow flick pass into the box. Does anyone remember what video it was?

I don't know if Laudrup ever did it, although he did like to chip defenders. Djalminha did one against Real Madrid, though. About 1:01 into this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cynVxln8yhM

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

:eyepop:

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Haha I hadn't even noticed.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Perhaps this one I posted. Everyone should watch at least about three minutes worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zUsCZvol-I

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Oh my god

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

The problem with this image is that it can forever be countered by a .gif of Ronaldo heel-flicking the ball over Pique and making him look like a right tit

E: still hilarious, though.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Ravel posted:

Perhaps this one I posted. Everyone should watch at least about three minutes worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zUsCZvol-I

An hour of the greatest forwards of the last 20 years butchering chance after gilt-edged chance.

Plus, he's a Tory.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Some pics from the Bray Wanderers v Reading match today

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

The Mash posted:

The problem with this image is that it can forever be countered by a .gif of Ronaldo heel-flicking the ball over Pique and making him look like a right tit

E: still hilarious, though.

Tbf, it's less "lol Ronaldo" although the reaction is hilarious. He's expecting not to be the only one pressing and he's pissed off when he realises he's by himself.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

:3: PAPI

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

:3: that is truly adorable

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
That little girl is Iniesta's father? This is some serious Benjamin Button poo poo

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

poty posted:

That little girl is Iniesta's father? This is some serious Benjamin Button poo poo

This made me laugh more it should had.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

I cant stop laughing.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

This is an incredible photograph.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

laughed more than i should have

Didion
Mar 16, 2009

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

and imma let you finish

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
German girl loves Alan Pardew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqAy_U_px8o

wat

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Tapping him up

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Features/2012/August/Farewell-De-Jong

bye, Nigel

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

irlZaphod posted:

Some pics from the Bray Wanderers v Reading match today

These are great! I have to ask how many people normally show up for matches though, as in when it's not a friendly and it's for a league match.

Also, Maurizio Domizzi and Sebastian Giovinco make some funny faces.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Gigi Galli posted:

These are great! I have to ask how many people normally show up for matches though, as in when it's not a friendly and it's for a league match.
Well, not many to be honest. That ground holds a few thousand (I think 2k-3k), for a league match it's rarely full, usually about half full. That stand opposite where I was is for away fans, only a few teams (the ones based in Dublin, Shamrock Rovers and Bohemians, maybe St. Pats) would bring enough to fill it. There were a lot more people sitting in the stand I was in.

There did seem to be a very poor turnout yesterday, though. It's not a glamourous fixture or anything, but our supporters club didn't even show up from what I could tell. We had an away match on Friday night, and I think we had more fans there than at home yesterday.

The sad fact is that back in the 60s, the FAI allowed our domestic league turn to poo poo, grounds deteriorated and people turned their attention to the English league. It has never recovered from that. It's not that the FAI have no money (although they are quite in debt). The CEO earns a higher salary than our domestic champions receive in prize money.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ayb posted:

wat

Whatever this is its really strange

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

He's not wrong though. Ronaldo dragged Madrid to one of the most competitive La Liga titles ever, including scoring the winner at Camp Nou, and stood out at the EUROs more than any individual on the Spanish team. If Portugal had a striker worth a drat, they could have gone all way.

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

ayb posted:

wat

fit but scary