Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

drat Samir Nasri, you got SERVED SON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u56kJjrlXuI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Sort of feel the authorities should be aware of this kid...

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
They're like hostage videos and he's reading out his captors' demands.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2012/9/2/light-the-blue-toilet-paper-its-the-clasico-cruceo.html

quote:

It’s Sunday, and Club Blooming and Oriente Petrolero are meeting in the 159th Clasico Cruceño. They’re the two biggest teams in Santa Cruz, a rapidly expanding city in Bolivia’s eastern lowlands, a 20-hour train ride from the Brazilian border.

The derby is famed for its combustible atmosphere and potential for violence both off and on the pitch (a notable incident in 2009 included a flying karate kick and criminal charges brought against a player). On this occasion it features two teams toiling in midtable. In five games each prior to the match, they’ve managed a combined total of eight goals.

Both sides call the Estadio Tahuichi Aguilera, a mile south of the city’s leafy plaza, home but it’s Blooming’s patch for the day.

[...]

As the final whistle blows, the referee is surrounded by players, officials and, quickly, riot police, as a melee unfathomable from the stands develops in the middle of the pitch. The players head in dribs and drabs towards the tunnel as Oriente’s fans – who without being deafening have sang relentlessly throughout the game – continue with their vocal support. Blooming’s fans launch yet more firecrackers and it’s impossible to see what’s going on from the southwest corner of the ground.

It later emerges that missiles – or fireworks, to be more specific – thrown by Blooming supporters in the curva have landed in the immediate vicinity of Oriente manager Erwin Sanchez on his way to the tunnel, and he ends up in a heap on the floor. The pyrotechnics don’t end there as Blooming set fire to paper in the stand. The police – later criticized for reacting slowly – then respond by launching tear gas into the Blooming section.

I liked the photo.

mikewozere
Jun 2, 2008

Aiiiii

Bart Simpson wall paper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6tcF4nlVNk

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

His repeated kissing of the badge oh god

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Enrique has a new haircut...

Scouse as gently caress

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

c0burn posted:

Scouse as gently caress

Pretty good delts too

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

c0burn posted:

Scouse as gently caress

He'll fit right in with our Skinhead XI:

code:
             Reina
Johnson  Skrtel  Agger  Enrique
       Spearing  Shelvey
   ???        Cole      ???
              ???
We need some attackers to shave their heads.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

c0burn posted:

Scouse as gently caress

He looks very European

good luck kitten
Aug 18, 2004

Tripping the light fantastic

Fun fact, a kid I went to high school with plays for Oriente Petrolero.

Pretty cool picture.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

vyelkin posted:

He'll fit right in with our Skinhead XI:

code:
             Reina
Johnson  Skrtel  Agger  Enrique
       Spearing  Shelvey
   ???        Cole      ???
              ???
We need some attackers to shave their heads.

I'm not sure you want Luis Suarez to shave his head tbqh

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

c0burn posted:

Scouse as gently caress

For a second I thought it was Ribéry

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Vegetable posted:

His repeated kissing of the badge oh god

For some reason I found this harder to watch than his utterly awful chants.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

even worse than his shirt at disneyland that cost more than 9000€

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Hahahaha Villa owns

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Adulterous Hitler posted:

This one probably cost just as much

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Also jorts w. flower trim that were like £400

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
There should be a written quote printed on their paycheck "Don't spend on stupid poo poo"

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

JunkDeluxe posted:

There should be a written quote printed on their paycheck "Don't spend on stupid poo poo"

But how would their wives eat?

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Do footballers go bankrupt after retirement at the rate NFL players do? I

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

ayb posted:

Do footballers go bankrupt after retirement at the rate NFL players do? I

Judging by the secret footballer plenty are on the border even before retirement. Owen is hawking himself around so much to keep his horse habit up which will be terry and then rooney in a few years.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Judging by the secret footballer plenty are on the border even before retirement. Owen is hawking himself around so much to keep his horse habit up which will be terry and then rooney in a few years.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/story/2012-04-22/Pro-athletes-and-financial-trouble/54465664/1

78% of nfl and 60%.of nba players. Yeesh

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Is it because their young and impressionable or just plain dumb and squander the money on mansions and lambos or is it because they're being taken advantage of by someone?

Honestly I have a hard time feeling bad for them if it's the former (most likely)

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Definitely seems like a combination of the two.

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

Drogadon posted:

Is it because their young and impressionable or just plain dumb and squander the money on mansions and lambos or is it because they're being taken advantage of by someone?

Honestly I have a hard time feeling bad for them if it's the former (most likely)

It's always a combination. Most star athletes have been treated as such since they showed promise, and that continues to get heaped on more and more as they show more and more talent. Add in a disproportionate amount of them coming from low-income backgrounds, sprinkle on some poo poo-heel investors ready to empty your pockets and waste your money with investments. Throw in a Lambo, a mansion for Ma and you're pretty well on your way to bankruptcy in a few years when the millions no longer exist but bills for a millionaire do.

Especially in America, it's mostly a low education/low income upbringing and then sudden wealth and having no idea what the gently caress to do with it or who to trust with it. I doubt it's much different for soccer players.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Drogadon posted:

Little from column A, little from column B

I can't believe the rate of NFL players going bankrupt is almost 80 loving percent, you think the Player's Association would maybe run some How to Handle Your Wealth seminars or some poo poo, that's shocking

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

T. Mascis posted:

Little from column A, little from column B

I can't believe the rate of NFL players going bankrupt is almost 80 loving percent, you think the Player's Association would maybe run some How to Handle Your Wealth seminars or some poo poo, that's shocking

They do. It's required for all rookies to take.

e: Sorry, it's put on by the NFLPA, not the league and it's not required but a fair number of rookies do attend.

Big Black Dick fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 5, 2012

LaneAveElite
Oct 31, 2010
Not to mention the number of kids these guys have out of wedlock. As far as I know the level of child support you are ordered to pay is calculated using the level of income you are at when the child is born. When you're making $5m/yr when the kids are born it's pretty hard to keep up the child support payments when your income goes back to a more normal level after retirement, even if you're lucky enough to land a lucrative TV job.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I read a book called Futebol The Brazilian Way by Alex Bellos and it has the story of Garrincha who was Brazil's second best footballer during Pele's time and how he died piss poor and forgotten, it wasn't until he actually died that people remembered he existed, really sad story.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

El Hefe posted:

I read a book called Futebol The Brazilian Way by Alex Bellos and it has the story of Garrincha who was Brazil's second best footballer during Pele's time and how he died piss poor and forgotten, it wasn't until he actually died that people remembered he existed, really sad story.

For the "Behind the Music" version, you can watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w544ZEYa1Q

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

the small bart.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcmkb_5sNnE

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Can't believe I hadn't seen this before, first video on this page is best commentator ever Bambino Pons singing Aguero's league-winning goal:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/the-best-commentary-to-sergio-agueros-title-winner-for-manchester-city-v-qpr/

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Stadium of Light one down the page is magical.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

lovely Fuckboy posted:

They do. It's required for all rookies to take.

e: Sorry, it's put on by the NFLPA, not the league and it's not required but a fair number of rookies do attend.

I remember that one of the big points of the presentation is to not let anyone from your neighborhood/friends/family touch your money. Apparently, most of the issues stem from having to "take care of the people who got you there", which, it turns out, is always 20-30 people all wanting a check or a house.

In the NBA, the common wisdom is that your second contract is when you can start planning your future. Because your first $3-5m is all gone in 3 years from setting up your family/friends/entourage.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

That kid makes it just a tad more embarrassing to be an Arsenal fan.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Babby Thatcher posted:

[video type="arsenal chanting mummy's boy"]

He doesn't even take the time to memorise his own chants! He made me angry! :argh:

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRTcxsLk24s video of a calf invading the pitch at a Polish Sunday League match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Fellaini took his brother to the Orient game:

• Locked thread