Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh god, why did this have to happen right when we're all going back to school? I need this money for grad-school! But maaaaybe I could eat nutritious dirt and pond-water for a year or two and put all that money toward eternal internet glory instead...

If Hussie wanted to make REAL money he'd have said 10,000 dollars would make a ship canon. Only one though, and only the first one to get to 10,000. People would actually start kickstarters for each ship just to try and raise the money before the others.

Also I know the godtiers are pie in the sky fantasy but I desperately want one of them to happen anyway because oh god they're nuts. In some much more hilarious alternate world, someone like the Koch brothers or Bill Gates or Warren Buffet gives Hussie a billion dollars.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Sep 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Dolash posted:

People would actually start kickstarters for each ship just to try and raise the money before the others.

Kickstarters always last a month though, so the main Kickstarter would finish before the kickstarters for each ship could get any money.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Dolash posted:

If Hussie wanted to make REAL money he'd have said 10,000 dollars would make a ship canon. Only one though, and only the first one to get to 10,000. People would actually start kickstarters for each ship just to try and raise the money before the others.

I can see tumblr going nuts about this :allears:

There's still time, Hussie. Make this a stretch goal.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

I'm pretty sure that if you don't buy a Snoutpak tonight they're going to be gone, barring another reward tier later with them much more expensive at a reasonable price I'm sure.

Zikan fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 5, 2012

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It looks like the $400 tier also comes with the snoutpak, so, yeah, those with cash to burn will have one last chance at them. But the $225 tier will be gone in hours.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

It's already more than halfway funded, and it hasn't even been 8 hours since it started. Where doin it man.

Me and my brother chipped 20 dollars in. He provided the money, I gave moral support. After the fact. Spiritually.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

EoRaptor posted:

Think of it as an investment.

YggiDee posted:

My justification is that if I buy one of the rare, rapidly disappearing Snoutpacks, then I am probably saving some poor highschool kid from making a terrible financial decision with their parent's credit card. Also, I'm weak.
:negative:

This is how I will deceive myself into sleeping well at night until I have a Scalemate to hug until I enter the cold embrace of slumber. I'm simply taking a financial bullet for some poor high school kid and his parents while investing in my future. These things'll be worth more than Beanie Babies!

Dolash posted:

Oh god, why did this have to happen right when we're all going back to school? I need this money for grad-school! But maaaaybe I could eat nutritious dirt and pond-water for a year or two and put all that money toward eternal internet glory instead...

Also I know the godtiers are pie in the sky fantasy but I desperately want one of them to happen anyway because oh god they're nuts. In some much more hilarious alternate world, someone like the Koch brothers or Bill Gates or Warren Buffet gives Hussie a billion dollars.

All this talk of a corporate Fantroll is making me hope it happens, just to see Hussie be Hussie about it. "Sorry, you only had a one-page safety clause. The evisceration took two pages, and they didn't really die until the second."

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I think I'm actually going to get a Snoutpack as well. It's a lot of money but I figure Hussie has earned a couple of hundred for all the enjoyment his comic has given me. Also those scalemates are just so loving adorable.

If anyone else wants one you really need to get in now. There are 70 left out of 600.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
I imagine those plushes will become available on the store at some point.

... I hope. :ohdear:

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

President Ark posted:

I imagine those plushes will become available on the store at some point.

... I hope. :ohdear:

#highly desirable merchandise

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I checked this morning. Under 100k. Now? Nearly 400k. :stare:

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

There's a banner ad for the Kickstarter up now - thinking about it that's probably why he cleared the space to begin with. That's going to bring in a lot of money...

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
That is an absolutely preposterous amount of money to be raised in such a short time.

Great news and all but I think we also need to acknowledge this sublime work of art that Ryan North bought with Hussie's credit card.

Just look at that.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Man, this shits gonna be funded when I wake up tommorow. 400k now. Just yesterday I was thinking about a Homestuck game, and lo here it is practically a reality.

haha just remembered this:

Me from a month ago posted:

I would donate to a Kickstarter which would send Hussie to a seminar on how to loving pace your story. Jesus Christmas.

Not what I meant Hussie! :argh:

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Sep 5, 2012

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Chexoid posted:

Man, this shits gonna be funded when I wake up tommorow. 400k now. Just yesterday I was thinking about a Homestuck game, and lo here it is practically a reality.

I hope someone gets all number-crunchy with some of the other big phenomenon kickstarters, I'd love to know if there's some sort of quantifiable trend for these sorts of things just to have a guess at what we'll see the number reach in a month.

The most important value I can see so far is the number of backers - about 4,000 at the time of this post. How many readers does Homestuck have again? It's not unreasonable to imagine as many as half of them might pony up the cash for at least the game itself in the course of a month.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
God, there's only 40 snoutpaks left. The plushie is really cute though, but wow I did not expect so many people to go after them at $255.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Gnome de plume posted:

That is an absolutely preposterous amount of money to be raised in such a short time.

Great news and all but I think we also need to acknowledge this sublime work of art that Ryan North bought with Hussie's credit card.

Just look at that.
Firman, the artist of that beautiful piece, was also the enigmatic force behind PLAY ME

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
35 snoutpaks left. oh my, I almost missed catching one. :ohdear:

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
The donations have to slow down eventually.

They have to.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Chexoid posted:

The donations have to slow down eventually.

They have to.

It just went up 2K in the last minute.

EDIT: 14 Snoutpacks left. There's still the 405 dollar megapack that also includes it, so I'm guessing we'll see donation amounts ramp up for a bit shortly.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well, I caught a Snoutpak. I figure,
A) Kickass dragon toy.
B) Probably kickass video game.
C) Kickass comic that's been completely free and given me countless joy for the past four years.
It's all pretty much worth it. Hussie earned my money when he made Cascade in six loving weeks. I just hope he'll have a production role in the game. I know his style won't transfer perfectly to such a big project with so many more people, but. Well, I have high hopes regardless.

Anybody wanna trade in case I get Lemonsnout?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Not to worry, if the snoutpaks sell out, you can always buy the Snoutpak+. Only a 800 or so combined left, starting from only $405. :shepface:

edit: Snoutpak solo just went from 10 to 5 in the time I typed this out.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

One of the first things I think upon hearing this game, is how will they deal with real companies and likenesses such as Betty Crocker and Nic Cage? I guess they would have to remove that stuff right? I couldn't see Guy Fieiri signing off on something like this.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Guy Fieri I could see doing it, actually.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Snoutpacks are gone. I wonder how quickly the 405 dollar pack will start selling now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
One snoutpak left. :ohdear:

And iiiiiiiit's outta here!

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
I am entirely too dumbfounded but simultaneously not surprised by what has happened today.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
People paid Andrew Hussie $153,000 for homestuck plush toys :stare:

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
There's one snoutpack open again, someone dropped their slot.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

And they are gone again!

If people manage to sell out the next highest tier in their quest for plushies Hussie will make $313,470. That's nearly half of the initial goal of the Kickstarter :stare:

Zikan fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 5, 2012

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The real mystery is why there are so many Bropacks left. I mean, come ON, a GameBRO T-Shirt? Who on earth wouldn't want that?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

One of the first things I think upon hearing this game, is how will they deal with real companies and likenesses such as Betty Crocker and Nic Cage? I guess they would have to remove that stuff right? I couldn't see Guy Fieiri signing off on something like this.

It's a game set in the Homestuck universe, not an adaptation of Homestuck itself. So yeah, I'm guessing gone completely.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Constable Lemon posted:

The real mystery is why there are so many Bropacks left. I mean, come ON, a GameBRO T-Shirt? Who on earth wouldn't want that?

People who preferred to read Nintendbro Power?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Constable Lemon posted:

Those aren't limited in quantity, so there's no real urgency.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Constable Lemon posted:

The Gamebro shirt was actually on sale for a looong time before now, separately, as a thing.

Walliard posted:

It's a game set in the Homestuck universe, not an adaptation of Homestuck itself. So yeah, I'm guessing gone completely.

Here's hoping for MS Paint Adventures Gaiden: Pisstuck.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Constable Lemon posted:

I got the GAMEPAK 2 instead, because I'm a sucker for physical copies of games. Getting a shirt I will never wear in public and some other stuff doesn't seem like a better choice than an actual copy of the game to me, but YMMV I guess.

Edit: Oh god, I just realized something. If this is an actual game, people will be able to write guides for it.

We will have people on gamefaqs explaining how to play the game making fun of gamefaqs.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I want winnie the poop 2 to write a Homestuck videogame FAQ.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Zorak posted:

The Gamebro shirt was actually on sale for a looong time before now, separately, as a thing.

Really? I can't find it on the What Pumpkin store or the TopatoCo store.

And it does say on the Kickstarter page that the Gamebro pack is in limited supply (915 out of 1000 available), it's just that not many people have gotten it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I hope they make those beetle token available on the store in bulk. I wanna use them for RPG stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Constable Lemon posted:

Really? I can't find it on the What Pumpkin store or the TopatoCo store.

It was on the Topatco store for a long time in the earlier-ish acts, as I recall. It got bunped off since probably not enough people were buying it.