Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Dolash posted:

So, I know Hussie himself doesn't yet know exactly what sort of game is going to get made, but what might he make?

Dating sim.

We all know it will be a dating sim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Dating sim.

We all know it will be a dating sim.

And we will still buy it in loving droves.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
In all seriousness, I do hope Hussie releases a video actually explaining/outlining what he plans to do, what companies would be involved, etc. It could go a long way for dragging in even more money and would at least make it seem like a more "legitimate" kickstarter. As it is now it just feels like Hussie wants to make a game, some game, any game, but wants to get the financial stuff out of the way first. Which...is fine, I guess? But it just feels a tiny bit lazy I guess.

ShardPhoenix
Jun 15, 2001

Pickle: Inspected.
I put in for the $25 dollar tier. I'd like a scalemate, but $225 is a bit much, and overseas shipping is a pain at best anyway.

You can tell Hussie really wants this by how sincere he is in the Kickstarter text (God-tier levels aside) and the Homestuck-explanation page.

normal contact
Mar 19, 2010

Looks like two rather extraordinary people have just pledged $5000. No one's gone for the $10000 one... yet :allears:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

gently caress it, let's do this.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Kakumei posted:

gently caress it, let's do this.

Excuse me, you hit the wrong one.

:colbert: (I'll start the bidding at $260! :v:) (Not really.)

Also from looking at the FAQ it seems to me he's already talking to a few developers and that he knows what he's doing. I love the people in the comments on KS expecting it to be released right after it is funded, though. :v: Also, I hope the two 5k tier backers choose the soul portrait. Where are those from? I'm getting a vague memory but nothing concrete.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 5, 2012

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Kazy posted:

Those were sold out before I could get there. :(

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Kazy posted:

Also, I hope the two 5k tier backers choose the soul portrait. Where are those from? I'm getting a vague memory but nothing concrete.

Well, they're "from" Andrew Hussie, but he does them in parody of this guy.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Kazy posted:

Also from looking at the FAQ it seems to me he's already talking to a few developers and that he knows what he's doing. I love the people in the comments on KS expecting it to be released right after it is funded, though. :v: Also, I hope the two 5k tier backers choose the soul portrait. Where are those from? I'm getting a vague memory but nothing concrete.

http://andrewhussie.blogspot.com/2010/07/soul-money.html?m=1

He later used the money to go to olive garden

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dante Basco has heard about the game and (possibly jokingly) said he'd want to do voice work for it:

http://rufiozuko.tumblr.com/post/30891857275/hey-dante-have-you-heard-about-the-homestuck

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
If there is ever a Homestuck cartoon or whatever, with the main characters, I kinda want Dante Basco to voice The Summoner. But then, I'm still holding out hope that the pre-scratch Summoner will have one side of his face horribly burned and scarred.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Luminous Obscurity posted:

And we will still buy it in loving droves.

I already did! And a hard-copy! And a 200 dollar plush dragon apparently!

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Pledged a 25. I'd have gone for the physical copy, but 90 dollars for that seems more than a bit much.

Prison Warden posted:

If there is ever a Homestuck cartoon or whatever, with the main characters, I kinda want Dante Basco to voice The Summoner. But then, I'm still holding out hope that the pre-scratch Summoner will have one side of his face horribly burned and scarred.

There's no reason for the main characters to not appear in some form or other. Rose's FAQ for instance should be accessible from any session. Between inter-universe communication and the inclusive nature of the Furthest Ring, Homestuck makes it very easy for there to be cameos in its expanded universe in some way or another.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

YF-23 posted:

There's no reason for the main characters to not appear in some form or other. Rose's FAQ for instance should be accessible from any session. Between inter-universe communication and the inclusive nature of the Furthest Ring, Homestuck makes it very easy for there to be cameos in its expanded universe in some way or another.

Haha yea maybe Rose's FAQ for a tutorial. Also I'd be shocked if you didn't end up in a dream bubble at some point, so there's cameo potential there.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
I dont really know how kickstarter works, what security measures are in place to prevent hussie from running off and buying $700,000 worth of olive garden dinners?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Rooreelooo posted:

I dont really know how kickstarter works, what security measures are in place to prevent hussie from running off and buying $700,000 worth of olive garden dinners?

I'd think being faced with $700,000 worth of olive garden is deterrent enough.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rooreelooo posted:

Nothing on Kickstarter's side. It's not their responsibility if a project starter is a scammer. All they can do is block them from starting new projects on KS.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Rooreelooo posted:

Absolutely nothing. :getin:

normal contact
Mar 19, 2010

Rooreelooo posted:

To be honest, seeing the absolute rage and tears induced from him actually doing this would be well worth the $25 I've thrown in for this project.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Gabriel Pope posted:

Well, they're "from" Andrew Hussie, but he does them in parody of this guy.

Only 225$?! Man, Hussie is ripping us off.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wrist Watch posted:

I'd think being faced with $700,000 worth of olive garden is deterrent enough.

Well obviously it's not for him. It's for Ryan North.

EtaBetaPi
Aug 11, 2008
So close to meeting the $700,000 goal in one day.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy, it really hit the wall overnight. I kinda expected to be at 600,000 by now.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Yeah, it's barely gained 50k in the last 10 hours. And it's only been out ~24 hours, that's a ridiculously steep dropoff compared to the other high-profile kickstarter projects.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

How depressing, he only raised half a million dollars in one day.

Demos
Mar 4, 2004
Have you passed through this night?

Fister Roboto posted:

How depressing, he only raised half a million dollars in one day.

It's safe to say that the internet has hosed up all our expectations about just about everything. Half a million dollars in that time is just amazing, really.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Prison Warden posted:

Ever since he posted himself voicing Dave for fun I've kind of imagined him voicing Dave, honestly.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I have no idea what the PBS idea channel is, but they posted a video comparing Homestuck to Ulysses, which is hilarious and awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLK7RI_HW-E

(also, after talking about Homestuck and Idle Thumbs, I'm amused that it is also compared to Infinite Jest, which the Idle Thumbs guys want to start their book club with.)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm fairly certain Hussie doesn't have a fart fetish so that's at least one point in his favor.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Bobulus posted:

I have no idea what the PBS idea channel is, but they posted a video comparing Homestuck to Ulysses, which is hilarious and awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLK7RI_HW-E

(also, after talking about Homestuck and Idle Thumbs, I'm amused that it is also compared to Infinite Jest, which the Idle Thumbs guys want to start their book club with.)

Apparently this is actually something from PBS, too. Huh.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm fairly certain Hussie doesn't have a fart fetish so that's at least one point in his favor.

Hussie would probably write letters just as filthy, only ironically.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Fister Roboto posted:

Careful, if he sees your post he'll take it as a challenge and we'll get a hundred page about cherub flatulences or something.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I love how I dont even need to check this thread or mspaintadventures to see if its updated, I only need to wait until I start seeing new homsetuck avatars on the forums.

So, just what would this 700,000 dollars be used for on this kickstarter anyway? Is he planning on hiring all the artists and such full time?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I wish! I actually haven't heard a peep from Andrew since Cascade, and I presume the developer hired would bring with them a professional team.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Tengames posted:

So, just what would this 700,000 dollars be used for on this kickstarter anyway? Is he planning on hiring all the artists and such full time?

Well, he's talking about hiring an actual development studio, 'indie' or not, so presumably those people want to be paid yes. Who knows how many people will end up being involved but it's looking at 1year+ development time.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh I just thought of a dev that would be neat - Supergiant Games. :allears:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Oh hey, a walkthrough and a map have been added underneath the current game with a note about using Chrome/Firefox if things don't work.

The walkthrough looks like Gamefaqs :allears:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Color Printer posted:

Oh hey, a walkthrough and a map have been added underneath the current game with a note about using Chrome/Firefox if things don't work.

The walkthrough looks like Gamefaqs :allears:

Still no guide on how to complete the Andrew Hussie subquest. It's a good start, but Radiation is clearly no winnie the poop 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

King of Solomon posted:

Apparently this is actually something from PBS, too. Huh.

I'd say that's a convincing argument for defunding PBS. Vote Romney.