Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
If Homestuck: The Game's soundtrack isn't done by the music team, I'll be pretty sad. The music is what makes Homestuck what it is. In fact, as someone who was pulled into Homestuck because the music was so engaging, I'd say the music is one of the most important elements of Homestuck. If the game just has a soundtrack by some third party, it wouldn't be Homestuck to me :smith:

Although if it ends up just being a single member of the team like Radiation or Plazmataz or Solatrus doing the soundtrack with minimal involvement of the rest of the music team, I'd be okay with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Admiral Goodenough posted:

That's awesome! How did that work, were you allowed to draw whatever you wanted or were there guidelines?

e. Is that a baby Dave in the bottom corner of the Bro sticker set?

The only real guidelines were the stuff had to be Dave and Bro-themed, I was given a list of examples for possible stickers, but other than that I just drew what I wanted and sent it off for approval before doing the finished inks.

And yes, it is a baby Dave in the corner, I'm really happy with how he came out but too bad he's covered in the image. :\ He ended up looking like a little vienna sausage in shades, it's adorable.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Bobulus posted:

(also, after talking about Homestuck and Idle Thumbs, I'm amused that it is also compared to Infinite Jest, which the Idle Thumbs guys want to start their book club with.)
This has come up in this thread before! It's valid insofar as both are very elaborate narrative puzzles for the audience to solve. It's invalid insofar as people are probably not going to be avidly reading and discussing Homestuck 15+ years from now (unless, poo poo, Hussie actually does make it into a bonafide franchise, anime adaptation and all.)

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Brace yourselves everyone, we have a $10k backer.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

WELP

Someone took the $10,000 plunge. One fantroll shall become part of Homestuck.

God help us all.

E:f,b,etc.

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine
Oh yeahhh. Can't wait to see that fantroll.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Honestly now that there is a $10000 backer, I really hope it winds up being the only one just so all the rest of the characters can be like "Who's this douchebag?" before the fantroll gets vaporized by LE or whatever.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

cubivore posted:

Oh yeahhh. Can't wait to see that fantroll die in the panel s/he's introduced.

There was a small mistake in your post. I fixed it.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I'm looking at the page and it's still showing 0 backers at the $10000 tier for me.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

ActionZero posted:

I'm looking at the page and it's still showing 0 backers at the $10000 tier for me.

Guess it got canceled, because after refreshing the page it's at 0 backers again.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

A fantroll so repulsive that Andrew could not accept $10,000 to draw it.

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

Guess it got canceled, because after refreshing the page it's at 0 backers again.

$5000 is up to 3 backers now though.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Miracon posted:

$5000 is up to 3 backers now though.

That's potentially three soul portraits to be made. You could hardly say these people aren't getting their money's worth.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

King of Solomon posted:

I'm still seeing it after Ctrl-F5 refresh. Did they put it back or is a second person throwing down?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

CidGregor posted:

I'm still seeing it after Ctrl-F5 refresh. Did they put it back or is a second person throwing down?

It was 0 for a bit, but now it's back.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
A total of four people have contributed $25,000 dollars to this. :stare:

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

HalfHazard posted:

Honestly now that there is a $10000 backer, I really hope it winds up being the only one just so all the rest of the characters can be like "Who's this douchebag?" before the fantroll gets vaporized by LE or whatever.

Hold on, if PBS guy is correct and Homestuck is eventually recognized as a groundbreaking online postmodern meganovel, it might just be worth it. Imagine helpless, baffled grad students pouring over annotations and then writing thesis papers about your terrible character... for as long as people continue to study the classics, i.e. until the end of civilization. That's almost enough to maybe possibly tempt someone to consider dropping $10,000 in order to introduce Indier Ocktops into the canon of Western literature. :eng101:

But I'm sad to say I suspect the 10,000 packages will only start moving once every other option is exhausted. I guarentee there will be a few latecomers who take the plunge because they just really, really want a scalemate.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

What the hell? It's gone again.

Are they all people not realizing they have to actually pay that when all is said and done or what?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I've only contributed to one Kickstart thing, and only $15 at that. What's to stop someone from making an account, saying they're going for the highest tier, and then bailing on the account? I think I needed a credit card to sign up with, but couldn't you just put in one of those gift card credit cards in there that has a set balance and you buy for cash?

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Well Manicured Man posted:

If Homestuck: The Game's soundtrack isn't done by the music team, I'll be pretty sad. The music is what makes Homestuck what it is. In fact, as someone who was pulled into Homestuck because the music was so engaging, I'd say the music is one of the most important elements of Homestuck. If the game just has a soundtrack by some third party, it wouldn't be Homestuck to me :smith:

Although if it ends up just being a single member of the team like Radiation or Plazmataz or Solatrus doing the soundtrack with minimal involvement of the rest of the music team, I'd be okay with it.

I'd actually be curious to see what we'd get if a third party made their own soundtrack for it.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Jazu posted:

I'd actually be curious to see what we'd get if a third party made their own soundtrack for it.

I'd be curious, yeah, but also disappointed.

Unless that third party was me.

Edit: And even then, I just wouldn't be curious.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

IUG posted:

I've only contributed to one Kickstart thing, and only $15 at that. What's to stop someone from making an account, saying they're going for the highest tier, and then bailing on the account? I think I needed a credit card to sign up with, but couldn't you just put in one of those gift card credit cards in there that has a set balance and you buy for cash?

I'm not quite sure if this is what you're asking, but yes someone could claim a $10,000 tier without being able to pay it. What would happen is that at the end of the month when Amazon collects the money, they would run into the problem and the person would have a set period of time (a few weeks I think) to fix it. If they don't, they get dropped and Andrew's final amount is $10,000 lower.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm not quite sure if this is what you're asking, but yes someone could claim a $10,000 tier without being able to pay it. What would happen is that at the end of the month when Amazon collects the money, they would run into the problem and the person would have a set period of time (a few weeks I think) to fix it. If they don't, they get dropped and Andrew's final amount is $10,000 lower.

Yeah, this is what I was asking. I figured it wouldn't be that hard to make an account and use it to make some ridiculous bid that you never intended on following through with. I'll wait to see if someone actually goes through paying a 10k pledge or more.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Tengames posted:

I love how I dont even need to check this thread or mspaintadventures to see if its updated, I only need to wait until I start seeing new homsetuck avatars on the forums.

Somebody in GBS bought me a new title (that is actually kind of accurate) but I am totally buying my Dave talksprite avatar back in a few days.

I'm not actually all that excited about a game, though, because I don't generally enjoy video games. I'd rather read another comic.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I check back to this thread after two days to find that not only has Hussie put up a Kickstarter but that it has nearly been funded.

I really want to see someone fork over $100,000.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
I'm changing my mind, forget dating sims, I want to see Homestuck Racing, complete with a text command interface.

Use speed boost.

==>

BEEP BEEP ALL ABOARD THE MORON EXPRESS

Turn left.

==>

You're too busy plowing into this Tinkerbull orphanage to turn left!

e: (This is all assuming you can even find the key gun to your vehicle, of course.

H.P. Shivcraft fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 6, 2012

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Welp, 2 hours left in the day and it's only $7,500 away from full funding.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

change my name posted:

Welp, 2 hours left in the day and it's only $7,500 away from full funding.

Little over 1000 dollars left now.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
And, the goal is reached!

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Funded. Less than two days. Pretty fast!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

To infinity and beyond!

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Who cares, the real question is HOW HIGH WILL IT GO in the next 28 days??

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
There it is.

Welp.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The crazy thing is not the number of backers in such a short time (which should be unsurprising) but the fact that the average pledge is about $90.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It seems to pick up in the afternoons/evenings, because it slowed down a lot today.

I'm going to guess $1.75 Million by the end unless it has another big surge.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Supercar Gautier posted:

The crazy thing is not the number of backers in such a short time (which should be unsurprising) but the fact that the average pledge is about $90.

I'm expecting that the number of smaller donations will go up the next time Homestuck updates, so that the more casual readers will see the Kickstarter ad.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Eager to see the stretch goals for this. It's potentially the first actual info we might get on what to expect, at all, from the game. Beyond 'it is more homestuck'.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

"More production value" is always a good thing, but honestly that million dollar mark is a big hill to climb, idc if it is fueled by crazy people and the credit cards they recklessly wield. Hussie should just forget about the cross platform and stick to the PC :pcgaming:

Who am I kidding, with the way things are going it's going to be cross platform, rendered 3D with the highest of res's, fully voice acted and probably include a multiplayer skateboard component where you compete to see who can thrash and grind for the most mad snacks.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Can the guy who was doing the math for how much money this thing was raking in per hour or second keep at it?

It would be interesting to see how the average donation and $$$$ per second fluctuate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Who am I kidding, with the way things are going it's going to be cross platform, rendered 3D with the highest of res's, fully voice acted and probably include a multiplayer skateboard component where you compete to see who can thrash and grind for the most mad snacks.

It's actually going to be a contest to see who can get themselves stuck the farthest into the level geometry.