Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta

Nione posted:

I WANT a mini-pig and would add it to a list of possible FuturePets if they're as loving awesome as they look.

Watch a couple of Honey Boo Boo episodes and then decide if you want an animal that shits on your kitchen table and screams a pig-language version of "Alana!" at you all the time. You can't tell that pig what to do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

demozthenes posted:

Watch a couple of Honey Boo Boo episodes and then decide if you want an animal that shits on your kitchen table and screams a pig-language version of "Alana!" at you all the time. You can't tell that pig what to do!

He could be a gay pig if he wants. :allears:

I loving love that show.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Captain Foxy posted:

I loving love that show.

Too bad the drat pig got thrown back to the breeder. Then again, they let their dogs run loose right next to a train track so I wasn't expecting a lot out of them anyway.

Glitzy was the best part of that show. :smith:

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Glitzy was not going to last in that household. Glitzy is not going to have a happy life in general, regardless of where he ends up, because Glitzy is going to grow up into a 100-200lb hog and need more care than anyone who buys one of these things would ever give.

Still lost my poo poo when they gave her a pig, though. And again when she decided to forcibly make it trans.

Asstro Van
Apr 15, 2007

Always check your blind spots before backing that thang up.

Captain Foxy posted:

That was my favorite part.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Captain Foxy posted:

Glitzy was not going to last in that household. Glitzy is not going to have a happy life in general, regardless of where he ends up, because Glitzy is going to grow up into a 100-200lb hog and need more care than anyone who buys one of these things would ever give.

Still lost my poo poo when they gave her a pig, though. And again when she decided to forcibly make it trans.

I'm surprised any of them last in that household, especially after last night's episode (speaking of which, there's actually a TVIV thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3500477 ). I think my favorite Glitzy moment isn't either of those. It's probably them getting a loving dress for the pig. You know, because child beauty pageants aren't bad enough, let's dress the pig up exactly like the poor little overweight girl. That won't get her teased at all. :doh:

The whole show is 10x the tragedy Toddlers and Tiaras has ever been, though.

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

Why...do I know nothing about this show? :psyduck: Do I want to?

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

I spent $1,000 on my computer but I'm too "poor" to take my dog or any of my animals to the vet for vet care. My neglect caused 1 of my birds to die prematurely! My dog pisses everywhere! I don't care! I'm a piece of shit! Don't believe me? Check my post history in Pet Island!
wait wtf.

I wasnt paying too close attention while reading and didn't think 'honey boo boo' or whatever was written was SERIOUS. I thought it was just some name to make fun of. Then I clicked that link. I am terrified.

PI needs to get together and watch this.

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Butterflies fluttering on my face!

Malalol posted:

wait wtf.

No! I refuse to watch that show because then people will make fun of my nieces and I dressing up the chickens :ohdear:

Although I wonder what would happen if I give Princess Roo mt dew/redbull magic juice and set him loose at the mall...

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Malalol posted:

I'll do a stream party of it if ya'll really want.

paisleyfox posted:

Why...do I know nothing about this show? :psyduck: Do I want to?

You should check your PMs :getin:

Chido posted:

No! I refuse to watch that show because then people will make fun of my nieces and I dressing up the chickens :ohdear:

Although I wonder what would happen if I give Princess Roo mt dew/redbull magic juice and set him loose at the mall...

You should too. :stare:

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
This show is the greatest thing that has happened reality-wise since Bridalplasty ended. :getin:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Chido posted:

Dressing up animals is a crucial part of childhood...and sometimes adulthood.

I paint my boyfriend's dog's nails, so I speak from experience.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

Rufus En Fuego posted:

This show is the greatest thing that has happened reality-wise since Bridalplasty ended. :getin:

Yes. Yes it is. :stare:

Toddlers and Tiaras, the originator of this mess, is a mindfuck of a show, but it is absolutely amazing how well it parallels to the show dog world. And if you don't watch it and poo poo yourself laughing then you have never understood humor.

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

You should check your PMs :getin:

:suspense: Oh my...

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Serella posted:

Dressing up animals is a crucial part of childhood...and sometimes adulthood.

I paint my boyfriend's dog's nails, so I speak from experience.

:ohdear: Why if this is so wrong, it feels so right?

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

I guess I was a weird kid, I never dressed up any of our animals.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Chido posted:

Conclusive proof that chickens do indeed have emotions, and can understand the concept of shame.

I have a bit of trouble. Every morning I go to make my bed I get a piercing :catstare:

edit: for those not following the E/N Comics thread in GBS, we now have a new radical cat smiley: :radcat:

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 6, 2012

Carebear
Apr 16, 2003

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno you will won't.
My cat is specifically obsessed with blueberry muffins from dunkin donuts. Other muffins aren't as exciting. Just that one.

Stupid cat, you're a carnivore. Go look at the birds outside or something.

Oh wait, you're blind.

NatashaQuick
Jun 30, 2007

No Mr. Bond,
I expect you to die.

Should be in a pageant!

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Rufus En Fuego posted:

As terrible and trashy as it is, at least Honey Boo Boo's family all seem to care about each other (except for the other girls' fathers who may be in jail). Plus they're always happy and seem to realize how ridiculous they look to the world. The Toddlers in Tiaras families all seem to sort of hate each other and are super wrapped up in their ~full glitz~ insanity.

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"

Instant Jellyfish posted:

As terrible and trashy as it is, at least Honey Boo Boo's family all seem to care about each other (except for the other girls' fathers who may be in jail). Plus they're always happy and seem to realize how ridiculous they look to the world. The Toddlers in Tiaras families all seem to sort of hate each other and are super wrapped up in their ~full glitz~ insanity.

Yes, this. They have so much fun and don't give a poo poo about what anyone thinks. It's fantastic.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Chido posted:

I love you more than words can express.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I'm sure chickens in clothes are far more funny to me than any other animal in clothes.

Anyway, I mentioned zoo pictures a while back, and I think these are probably the best ones.

Here's some kind of Moray Eel, I forget which sort. Wasn't at the zoo, but the aquarium. The picture's not great, because it's off a phone camera, but eels are awesome.

Here's some pelicans, I think. I really like their hairdos.

Now for some Gorillas. First a mother and baby. :3: Apparently one of the young Gorillas of the group ran off with the baby a few weeks ago. Baby and youngster liked it, mother was livid. She was keeping a close eye on him, that's for sure.

And the Silverback wondering if it was feeding time. His name is Jock.

It was, so out he came.

Jock makes some amazing faces. As far as Gorillas go, he's probably my favourite. Not that I know many Gorillas.

He's a good catch too, most of the time. The keeper managed to smack him in the head with a pepper though, he wasn't best pleased with that.

There were other Gorillas about too, but further away, so I didn't get many pictures of them. But after they'd had their food and hoovered up all the nice bits Jock had left, off they went.

Here's an Okapi. They're wondeful.

And some Meerkats, enjoying the sun. :3:

Including a few babies. Don't know what a baby Meerkat is called, apart from adorable.

But they got bored, so they were play fighting. Lots of Bitey Faces.

Even the babies started having a go at each other. :3:

A couple of sleepy Seals.

And a snoozing Tapir, isn't he sweet? :3:

Oh God! :gonk:

2tomorrow
Oct 28, 2005

Two of us are magical.
One of us is real.
I had a really terrible day today. I feel like poo poo, I couldn't sleep last night, I got overheated and one of my horses got kicked and fractured his cannon bone. So I get home and I open up PI thinking, hmmm, maybe there will be a feel-good thread or something to cheer me up. Then I saw this post:

Chido posted:

It was more than I could ever hope for.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:3: Young meerkats are pups, like a bunch of other animals. And they're always crazy bitey. We give them extra poo poo filled with bugs to rip up. It's awesome. I have way too much of a softness for the meerkats since I started helping with the presentation on and off.

SuperTwo
Oct 30, 2010

I am such a sucker. Last night a picture of a possible Staffy popped up on my facebook feed in animal control slated to be euthed tomorrow. I passed it on to breed rescue and I'm apparently the only one who can go ID and pull her right now. Today I was diagnosed with a sinus infection, bronchitis and a viral laryngitis. I'm calling in sick to work only to go pull a dog from death row. They promised me that it will be no problem to get her from me right away. I will be evicted if I can't get her out of here quick. I can pull the "I found her running in the road" for a day or two but after that I'll be in poo poo.

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

But holy crap, look how cute she is. :3: You're getting lots of good karma for this one, and a day off work! :dance:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, she's lovely. What a great smile. :3: You're a wonderful person for helping her, even though you sound really ill. Hope you get well soon!

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'll do a stream party of it if ya'll really want.

I am all for this.

Chido posted:

I am also all for this.

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

I spent $1,000 on my computer but I'm too "poor" to take my dog or any of my animals to the vet for vet care. My neglect caused 1 of my birds to die prematurely! My dog pisses everywhere! I don't care! I'm a piece of shit! Don't believe me? Check my post history in Pet Island!

SuperTwo posted:

I am such a sucker.

Send it to me, still looking for a dawg :saddowns: I do hope you feel better : (

~

Anyone interested in a GOONMAIL letter? I'm going to watch some stuff but while I do that, probably scribble things...why not do other peoples pets and things. Sooo... any volunteers? Only caveat is that maybe you write back or do something nice for someone else.

edit: IJ and Skizzzzz it is, PM me your address Skiz?

Malalol fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 7, 2012

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Malalol posted:

Send it to me, still looking for a dawg :saddowns: I do hope you feel better : (

~

Anyone interested in a GOONMAIL letter? I'm going to watch some stuff but while I do that, probably scribble things...why not do other peoples pets and things. Sooo... any volunteers? Only caveat is that maybe you write back or do something nice for someone else.

You can write me, I'm pretty sure my postal address is on the website in my profile but if not you can PM or email me. I'll send you something from the farm or one of our annual sheep cards :3: I love getting mail.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I would not mind some goonmail. :3:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?
I think PI will appreciate this more realistic version of the sad HSUS ads with Sara Mclachlan playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTrhQd9GHlE

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

I totes want to do goonpost. :3: All of my letters will come with sooooooo much Koji hair...

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
I would totally be up for letters :3:. Rat kisses included!

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
There's an entire thread dedicated to your goonmail needs! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3400714

2tomorrow
Oct 28, 2005

Two of us are magical.
One of us is real.
Bandit was attempting to live up to his name and steal some training treats from my duffel bag while I was in the other room, but his plan failed when his head got stuck and he was forced to run backwards while dragging the duffel bag along and crashing into walls until I was able to free him.

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

2tomorrow posted:

I had a really terrible day today. I feel like poo poo, I couldn't sleep last night, I got overheated and one of my horses got kicked and fractured his cannon bone. So I get home and I open up PI thinking, hmmm, maybe there will be a feel-good thread or something to cheer me up. Then I saw this post:

It was more than I could ever hope for.

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c36/moralgriever/chickens/

That's Roo and the henhoes album, it's public so you guys can browse through it. I haven't organized the pictures yet, but they go in a chronological order :)

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

Shebrew posted:

I think PI will appreciate this more realistic version of the sad HSUS ads with Sara Mclachlan playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTrhQd9GHlE

This is the greatest thing. I've been watching TV lately after a long stint of not watching, and the new HSUS ads make me rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Look at the emotional abuse Gar puts Trophy through: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfk08av7TNg

• Locked thread