Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Mister Fister posted:

I think it's been a couple months since the earliest LTE sites have been switched on right? I remember seeing some 20-30 mbit speeds then. Have people seen the speeds taper off some since then?

In downtown Atlanta, over the weekend, I was getting about 2Mbps down and 2.8Mbps up. on LTE. LTE only worked in my hotel room and on some places on the the street. The rest of the time it would fall back to EVDO and was as slow as ever. I don't know if this was the norm for Sprint LTE, but I can't say I was terribly impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Lowen SoDium posted:

In downtown Atlanta, over the weekend, I was getting about 2Mbps down and 2.8Mbps up. on LTE. LTE only worked in my hotel room and on some places on the the street. The rest of the time it would fall back to EVDO and was as slow as ever. I don't know if this was the norm for Sprint LTE, but I can't say I was terribly impressed.

Was 3G faster for you?

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey

Mister Fister posted:

Was 3G faster for you?

Since he said EVDO was as slow as ever I would think not.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Duckman2008 posted:

Fyi its cheaper for you to just pay your parents whatever % of their plan your phone would be (IE if there are a total of 3 lines, 33%) then to go off on your own. if you go on your own you will be keeping your sprint number and with that the current sprint contract attached. So no termination fee for the parents, but no new phone pricing for you. There is no fee for this transfer (called the TOL). Fyi if you don't have credit yet you may have a $50 deposit (although it just depends on luck).

Although you say two of us, so maybe you mean significant other. Either way, my personal recommendation is to pool between 4 people if possible, that's what I do and it comes out to just about $50 a line, which is way better than $75 a line.

Is it possible to merge accounts with a TOL? My parents and I have a separate contract and I could move my phone onto their plan.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Lowen SoDium posted:

End of July in Atlanta near 5 points I was getting similar speeds. I ran 5 tests and got anywhere from 1.5-5.5 Mbps down and 1.0-1.6 Mbps up. It was really inconsistent though and I kept losing connection and reconnecting.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Just updated my evo3d and holy hell is this terrible. All the fonts are weird, I have no clue which notification sounds are the older ones (since they don't do a preview play) and the url bar dropdown system has been completely changed.

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey

Aredna posted:

Is it possible to merge accounts with a TOL? My parents and I have a separate contract and I could move my phone onto their plan.

Yes as long as they are approved for another line.

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

Man, a lot of people here are getting bad luck with the tech centers. That is a tougher one though, sprint policies right now really don't care much about rooted phones, but basically if its software related you are on your own (which I think is fair). I could see a tech thinking the rebooting is software.

That being said, I don't know why he flagged it rooted (I didn't even know there was that's option), and I don't see why the warranty matters. Sprint doesn't care about warranty, its a repair center. You pay for the repair (exchange in this case) either with your insurance plan or a $35 fee if you don't have insurance. I don't see why they are making it so dramatic. Try going to a different tech center is always my recommendation. Some just have lovely employees.

Thanks for the clarification. Is there any way to tell if a special flag or something was added to the phone saying it was rooted?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Duckman2008 posted:

I really wish I could print this out on a huge poster board and set it behind me at work.

I work 45 minutes west of Philly, and coverage is average. Sprint still does fine sales numbers wise. A decent amount of people won't look at verizon or Att due to perceived pricing or simply because of credit, and T-Mobile is sucking worse than Sprint in some areas (not data wise as much as coverage wise).

Most people don't complain as much as people in this thread do, and those that do honestly don't connect the dots on data speeds. Some do, but most don't.

Man, a lot of people here are getting bad luck with the tech centers. That is a tougher one though, sprint policies right now really don't care much about rooted phones, but basically if its software related you are on your own (which I think is fair). I could see a tech thinking the rebooting is software.

That being said, I don't know why he flagged it rooted (I didn't even know there was that's option), and I don't see why the warranty matters. Sprint doesn't care about warranty, its a repair center. You pay for the repair (exchange in this case) either with your insurance plan or a $35 fee if you don't have insurance. I don't see why they are making it so dramatic. Try going to a different tech center is always my recommendation. Some just have lovely employees.

Oh I don't have much issue with the overall quality of network service, I mean even though it's slower than other carriers - during my drive to work I can't even stream low quality Rdio or Google Music - it isn't unbearably slow to the point where I want to chuck my phone into the nearest wall and curse Dan Hesse and his family in perpetuity.

What I do take issue with is stuff like the Wimax and NV delays, the delays in pushing Jellybean to my GNex, the nickel and dime poo poo like TEP and upgrade fees, etc. Given, this is movement closer to the other companies as opposed to being bigger dicks than the other guys, but if I am going to get hosed all the same, why not move to the carrier whose phones don't have proprietary gently caress-you signed code requirements that delay updates, or a carrier whose speeds will support audio streaming?

I've been acclimating to using WiFi at work (no push notifications for some reason - no GV texts, no GTalk, no email unless I manually refresh or turn off WiFi, which then makes my podcasts sync over 3G to the tune of several GB monthly) just to see how much data I use without, and I could have plenty of room to spare with a 4-5 GB cap.

After this realization, unlimited data really gets minimized as a selling point for me. However, as T-Mobile is the only company I consider acceptable as an alternative to Sprint, I am stuck until they decide to expand into my area. Sprint is preferable to ATT/VZW by dint of not being shitlords of equivalent magnitude, but if T-Mo shows up I'm going to flee (back) into their arms, ETF and caps be damned. Android updates come faster, their network speeds are faster, and unlocked phones mean better value retention which means I can recoup more money when changing phones.

DanAdamKOF
Feb 11, 2007

Mister Fister posted:

I think it's been a couple months since the earliest LTE sites have been switched on right? I remember seeing some 20-30 mbit speeds then. Have people seen the speeds taper off some since then?
I found a tower right after launch near Waxahachie (a rural/suburbish city near Dallas), and it had 18.02/9.95 on 07/20. This morning I was stopped at Independence and Plano Parkway (in a business/suburban area) and got 10.67/7.32 with full bars (for what that's worth).

I've pasted my speedtest results, which show a smattering of testing on LTE and EVDO around Dallas, here they are if you're interested.
code:
Date,ConnType,Lat,Lon,Download,Upload,Latency,ServerName,InternalIp,ExternalIp
"2012-09-05 11:01","Lte","33.00837","-96.75017",10923,7491,36,"Dallas, TX","51.123.199.xxx","66.87.99.xxx"
"2012-09-01 02:00","Lte","32.98556","-96.88294",3078,2209,52,"Dallas, TX","51.123.199.xxx","66.87.99.xxx"
"2012-09-01 01:33","Lte","32.82199","-97.05933",9133,8363,39,"Dallas","51.123.199.xxx","66.87.99.xxx"
"2012-08-31 18:08","Lte","32.82792","-97.06344",12178,8256,48,"Dallas, TX","51.123.199.xxx","66.87.99.xxx"
"2012-08-20 09:52","Lte","32.98571","-96.74952",4830,2042,40,"Dallas, TX","51.123.199.xxx","66.87.99.xxx"
"2012-08-14 18:07","Lte","32.99312","-96.75628",5153,5048,43,"Fort Worth, TX","51.123.199.xxx","66.87.99.xxx"
"2012-08-12 16:54","Lte","33.00035","-96.77260",8788,8809,38,"Dallas","51.121.94.xxx","66.87.98.xxx"
"2012-08-05 17:49","Lte","32.97797","-96.76849",6777,2103,42,"Dallas, TX","29.120.114.xxx","66.87.98.xxx"
"2012-08-01 21:14","EvdoA","32.99718","-96.82777",39,233,1348,"Dallas","21.74.52.xxx","66.87.96.xxx"
"2012-07-28 21:53","1xRTT","32.98597","-96.75420",21,26,142,"Dallas, TX","21.73.239.xxx","66.87.99.xxx"
"2012-07-28 21:04","Lte","32.98868","-96.76844",12719,9535,38,"Dallas, TX","30.122.135.xxx","66.87.99.xxx"
"2012-07-23 00:40","Lte","32.59484","-96.82158",10860,9988,40,"Fort Worth, TX","30.122.135.xxx","66.87.121.xxx"
"2012-07-22 23:31","Lte","31.49877","-97.14759",16181,9171,67,"Fort Worth, TX","30.129.253.xxx","66.87.121.xxx"
"2012-07-21 03:27","Ehrpd","30.32414","-97.70519",280,661,188,"Fort Worth, TX","30.122.135.xxx","66.87.99.xxx"
"2012-07-20 21:02","Lte","32.26810","-96.87128",18449,10192,34,"Dallas, TX","30.122.135.xxx","66.87.99.xxx"
"2012-07-14 21:00","Ehrpd","33.21528","-97.16619",297,211,208,"Fort Worth, TX","30.122.135.xxx","66.87.99.xxx"

DanAdamKOF fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 5, 2012

Simulated
Sep 28, 2001
Lowtax giveth, and Lowtax taketh away.
College Slice
Last week: 170 sites updated. A whopping 4 in DFW, 9 in NYC. Chicago got 27, Boston and LA each got 17.

That's a slight improvement in the completion rate but still well under half what it should be by now.

Edit: Some people are saying that the "bars" indicator is always showing CDMA 1X strength, not LTE signal strengh so that might explain some of the slow LTE speeds. In theory that will get much better when more towers are online.

Simulated fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 5, 2012

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Wicaeed posted:

Since it WAS the ROM that was (apparently) causing the issue,
Here's my policy on rooting:
  • If your phone is demonstrating some issue that might be remotely related to software, flash back to latest stock first and see if the issue persists.
  • Always flash your phone back to stock (if you can) before bringing it into a repair center.

Here's the thing, custom kernels and ROMs are a bit of an unknown with regard to potential software issues that might come up. Some are pretty blatant, like an xda kernel that overclocks or undervolts by default or something--that'll almost always cause some problems, but others are incidental. Sometimes it's even as simple as the OEM kernel source code doesn't actually match what ships on the device, and the differences can exacerbate bugs.

"Random reboots", and possibly even random poweroffs, are quite often due to software issues. Now, these may be software issues that are present even in the stock ROM, but one of the first things a tech would do (if he's going to touch the thing at all, and he may not) is reflash stock software just to make sure it's not custom poo poo that's causing a problem. On most devices, there's not much other diagnostics that can be done otherwise.

So you're better off saving everyone time by reflashing to stock before taking a device in. On modern phones there's usually ways to tell if a device has been rooted in the past, even if it's running stock software now. But folks are far less likely to care as long as it is running stock right now.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Ender.uNF posted:

Last week: 170 sites updated. A whopping 4 in DFW, 9 in NYC. Chicago got 27, Boston and LA each got 17.

That's a slight improvement in the completion rate but still well under half what it should be by now.

Do you work for sprint? When you say 'completed', does that mean they flipped the switch for LTE? I'm hoping NYC comes online soon which would mean southwest CT isn't far behind probably.

DanAdamKOF posted:

I found a tower right after launch near Waxahachie (a rural/suburbish city near Dallas), and it had 18.02/9.95 on 07/20. This morning I was stopped at Independence and Plano Parkway (in a business/suburban area) and got 10.67/7.32 with full bars (for what that's worth).

I've pasted my speedtest results, which show a smattering of testing on LTE and EVDO around Dallas, here they are if you're interested.

Thanks, this is helpful

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Ender.uNF posted:

Edit: Some people are saying that the "bars" indicator is always showing CDMA 1X strength, not LTE signal strengh so that might explain some of the slow LTE speeds. In theory that will get much better when more towers are online.

That is not consistent with that I saw on my GNex. At my hotel room, I had full bars when on 3G, and half that when on LTE. I had to toggle airplane mode on and off to get LTE to work sometimes. I didn't think at the time to check the real signal dBm rating.

Simulated
Sep 28, 2001
College Slice
Well I called the Executive Customer Care number and they flatly refused to let me buy out my contract to reset upgrade eligibility. Even though I have three lines and explained why I need to upgrade (iOS developer). I told her I would be leaving Sprint but I'd rather just pay the early upgrade fee and stay and that next year I could use the upgrade on one of the other lines so it really was a one-time exception... But no dice.

I can't believe they'd rather see a three line account walk then let me pay the 120/165 to reset my upgrade.

Teflon Bob
Feb 2, 2004

Wipes down easy!
Some (possible) good news for Sprint Galaxy Nexus owners:

quote:

A quick heads up for you folks on Sprint: We've gotten word from a reliable source that the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S 4G are slated to get their Android 4.1 Jelly Bean updates this week. On Thursday, to be exact. And it'll be build FH05 for the Galaxy Nexus, and JRO03R for the Nexus S, to be even more exact.

Here's the e-mail that we've been told is going out:

To Sprint Business Sales

September 5, 2012

Software updates for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (L700) and Nexus S 4G will be available beginning Thursday, 9.6.12. Galaxy Nexus Software Version: FH05 Nexus S Software Version: JRO03R Software updates will be pushed to all handsets via Google. Customers cannot initiate a download on their own.

Fixes/Enhancements:

Upgrades Device Operating System to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) Fastest and smoothest version of Android released Better search experience Expandable, actionable notifications A smarter keyboard And more!

We're digging around for confirmation, but we can all agree that the update can't come soon enough, especially since Nexus S 4G owners have been able to compile their own official Jelly Bean builds for a month now.

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprints-galaxy-nexus-nexus-s-may-be-line-jelly-bean-week?utm_source=ac&utm_medium=twitter&style_mobile=0

bigtom
May 7, 2007

Playing the solid gold hits and moving my liquid lips...
Question for anyone who lives in and around NYC - I have Verizon currently, but I'd rather not pay $126.00/month for cell phone service, so I am looking into switching to Sprint.

My only concern is that I use my phone for streaming internet radio - I listen to 128kbps streams on my commute, since I have unlimited data with Verizon (I chew thru on average 5.68 gigs a month). Is Sprints 3G service in North Jersey/NYC decent enough that I won't be getting constant dropouts while on the Parkway/Turnpike and walking around Wall St/Broadway?

Oh, and any word on when LTE will be coming to the market?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bout drat time. I will wait for my girlfriend and my mother to get it on their gnexes before flashing back to stock so I'm not left without all the little perks I've gotten used to.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

bigtom posted:

Question for anyone who lives in and around NYC - I have Verizon currently, but I'd rather not pay $126.00/month for cell phone service, so I am looking into switching to Sprint.

My only concern is that I use my phone for streaming internet radio - I listen to 128kbps streams on my commute, since I have unlimited data with Verizon (I chew thru on average 5.68 gigs a month). Is Sprints 3G service in North Jersey/NYC decent enough that I won't be getting constant dropouts while on the Parkway/Turnpike and walking around Wall St/Broadway?

It's hard to say. Your best bet would be to sign up and test it during the 14-day return window. If it's not good, you can cancel the contract with hardly any financial penalty. (I think there's a phone restocking fee maybe)

From S4GRU:

quote:

New York City (NYC/Westchester)
...Sites Complete = 8%; Anticipated LTE Launch = November 2012
...Original Scheduled Completion = May 2013; Current Production Rate Completion = August 2014

Northern Jersey
...1st LTE Sites = November 2012; Anticipated Launch = January 2013; Anticipated Completion = September 2013

Allaniis
Jan 22, 2011

bigtom posted:

I hit pockets of sub dial-up speeds quite frequently. Outside those nearly dead zones, speed is sub .50 MBps. It's a long fall from Verizon, especially if you're a heavy data user. My highest usage since I arrived in NYC is only 800 MBs. I'm usually in Queens and Manhattan, so I know very little about the other boroughs or Long Island.

According to S4GRU, 2014 at the earliest.

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice
I just got a Sprint Galaxy Nexus, and it's wonderful. I've already unlocked it, and I'm ready to put CWM and root it but I'm wonder where I can find a stock image in case I end up having an issue. I know there arn't any from Google like the others, and I see some on XDA but.. I don't trust them too much. Are they my only hope?

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Stupid question: As someone who is most likely going to re-up with Sprint when my contract is up in about 3 weeks, should the on-going litigation with Samsung make any difference when choosing between the S3 and the GNex?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

rock2much posted:

should the on-going litigation with Samsung make any difference when choosing between the S3 and the GNex?
Not really. Actually, at this point I think they're indicted in the same lawsuit(s).

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

rock2much posted:

Stupid question: As someone who is most likely going to re-up with Sprint when my contract is up in about 3 weeks, should the on-going litigation with Samsung make any difference when choosing between the S3 and the GNex?

Not really. Once the phone is in your hands Apple can't steal it if that's what you're thinking. However, if Samsung continues to show themselves as being total dickbirds when they developed Touchwhiz, then they will have to release a patch to remove or alter whatever infringing parts of the big steamy piss they took all over Android in the name of brand differentiation. The patch will subsequently be delayed for a few months by Sprint and at some point you'll get the update and find some sillytits function you've seen in various forms all your life end up getting removed or hosed with.

However, the odds are higher that the SGS3 would go through that as opposed to the Nexus. Most of what Apple has brought into court to this point has to do with the Samsung branded phones' physical design and touchwhiz. I think for the nexus only universal search has had to be kneecapped for Apple. Everything else is the stupid copycat poo poo Samsung cooked into touchwhiz.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Aredna posted:

Yes, and if their account is what I remember it to be I recommend you do that.

bigtom posted:

Eh, I wouldn't bet on consistent streaming music. In Philly it ranges between streaming no problem and holy poo poo just not going to happen. I currently download music on my phone and mostly use that and I can't tell you how much it passes me off.

Data usage wise you are in a tough spot. I would recommend looking at Tmobile, but you would hit the throttle cap on any of their plans. Honestly I think you may have to accept what I have accepted, whether it be for slow Internet or capped Internet, you gotta go back to having music on your phone. Really pissses me off.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 6, 2012

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

The Entire Universe posted:

if Samsung continues to show themselves as being total dickbirds when they developed Touchwhiz,
Good thing Samsung already stopped doing that. Well, aside from S-Voice....

Most of what Apple has brought into court to this point has to do with the Samsung branded phones' physical design and touchwhiz.
I wouldn't say "most". They certainly did bring those issues into court, but a number of the other patents would appear to apply to Android devices more generally. Which is also why they have ongoing litigation with HTC and Motorola.

I think for the nexus only universal search has had to be kneecapped for Apple.
In the preliminary injunction that Apple sought against the Galaxy Nexus, Koh found that the Galaxy Nexus likely infringed on all four of the patents that Apple asserted: actionable linking, slide-to-unlock, word suggestions, in addition to unified search. It was only the latter for which Koh granted the injunction due to it being a "highly valued" feature.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ender.uNF posted:

Well I called the Executive Customer Care number and they flatly refused to let me buy out my contract to reset upgrade eligibility. Even though I have three lines and explained why I need to upgrade (iOS developer). I told her I would be leaving Sprint but I'd rather just pay the early upgrade fee and stay and that next year I could use the upgrade on one of the other lines so it really was a one-time exception... But no dice.

I can't believe they'd rather see a three line account walk then let me pay the 120/165 to reset my upgrade.

I agree it's retarded, but if you want to stay with sprint, just cancel the line port the number to Google voice and add a new line to the account. If there is one thing sprint does right, it's Google voice integration so it works the same way.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I have a question for those that work for Sprint, if something is in the Sprint Playbook, is it true that it will be for customers and not for employees? Android Central (and every other Android blog) is claiming that's where the GNex and NS4G JB update date is coming from.

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey

ThermoPhysical posted:

I have a question for those that work for Sprint, if something is in the Sprint Playbook, is it true that it will be for customers and not for employees? Android Central (and every other Android blog) is claiming that's where the GNex and NS4G JB update date is coming from.

I can't make sense of your question. The play book is a weekly publication to keep employees up to date on anything important happening. These important things may effect the customer, the employee, or both. If there is a software update launching it would be for all owners of the phone customers and employees alike.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

The Playbook is a news source but they have changed stuff announced in it before. That being said I didn't see anything and they just launched a new issue. I'll look again.

Sprint is launching a new basic texting phone. Very important for me, right now they literally only had one option.

Simulated
Sep 28, 2001
College Slice
Well after emailing dan@sprint.com I had Melanie call me back.... Only to inform me that I do not qualify for any upgrade discounts at this time. Gee, thanks, like that is new information. They won't even let me pay the $260 ETF to reset my upgrade date... She literally told me to leave Sprint or pay 650 retail for the new iPhone. I don't even know why they bothered to call me back.

I wouldn't be in this position if I hadn't switched from AT&T... They let the primary line upgrade early. Plus I'd actually be able to use data on my phone.

So watch out folks... Sprint just does not give a poo poo anymore. They are going to let a 3 line account walk away over a one-time upgrade request, despite my pointing out that I am only in this position because I switched to Sprint, and how in future years it won't be a problem because I can steal the upgrades from the other lines.

I could always add another line to get a new device but at this point I don't think I want to deal with Sprint anymore.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

Ender.uNF posted:

Well after emailing dan@sprint.com I had Melanie call me back.... Only to inform me that I do not qualify for any upgrade discounts at this time. Gee, thanks, like that is new information. They won't even let me pay the $260 ETF to reset my upgrade date... She literally told me to leave Sprint or pay 650 retail for the new iPhone. I don't even know why they bothered to call me back.

I wouldn't be in this position if I hadn't switched from AT&T... They let the primary line upgrade early. Plus I'd actually be able to use data on my phone.

So watch out folks... Sprint just does not give a poo poo anymore. They are going to let a 3 line account walk away over a one-time upgrade request, despite my pointing out that I am only in this position because I switched to Sprint, and how in future years it won't be a problem because I can steal the upgrades from the other lines.

I could always add another line to get a new device but at this point I don't think I want to deal with Sprint anymore.
I think there's going to be a lot more of this as we move forward, but not enough for Sprint to care. I'm sure your 3 line plan means little to them, especially if it's a discounted one. I've already priced Verizon as equal or cheaper than my *discounted* Sprint plan for the amount of data we use. Haven't looked at T-Mobile too closely yet, although I understand they now offer uncapped unlimited data as well.

It doesn't matter much for me right now, though. We're locked in for another year at least, year and a half at most. And switching providers is tough on my parents who live in another state, so I can't help them through the transition very well.

So maaaaaaybe when our contracts are up, Network Vision will be further along and I can find some way to justify the 26% increase on our base price since we'll be losing that discount. I just don't see it, though.

Jensen
Jun 4, 2006

Ender.uNF posted:

Flash a Verizon PRL and be done with it.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Right now I have the original airrave for free cause of lovely reception, is it possible to get the newer airrave that includes 3g service for free? Now that the football season has started I want to check some apps and I get no signal in my place.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

fyallm posted:

Right now I have the original airrave for free cause of lovely reception, is it possible to get the newer airrave that includes 3g service for free? Now that the football season has started I want to check some apps and I get no signal in my place.

Yeah call the sigal booster department from the OP, they'll get you set.

supersteve
Jan 16, 2007

Atari Bigby - UNIVERSITY OF JAH RASTAFARI

Jensen posted:

I've seen this mentioned a few times but how easy/viable is it really? I'd like to be done with sprint but I'm curious as to how long it takes for them to notice it happening and actually do something.

It would be done on an iPhone if that makes any difference whatsoever.

atomicvocabulary
Oct 21, 2002

Say hello to the sunrise for me...

Jensen posted:

where is the XDA thread for PRL listings? I can't find it

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

supersteve posted:

I've seen this mentioned a few times but how easy/viable is it really? I'd like to be done with sprint but I'm curious as to how long it takes for them to notice it happening and actually do something.

It would be done on an iPhone if that makes any difference whatsoever.

It's more complicated on iphones than on android phones, but once it's done, there is literally no downside for you. Either Sprint leaves you alone and you get cheap Verizon service, or Sprint cancels your account, leaving you with a heavily subsidized iphone and no contract and etf.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="407260100"]
It's more complicated on iphones than on android phones, but once it's done, there is literally no downside for you. Either Sprint leaves you alone and you get cheap Verizon service, or Sprint cancels your account, leaving you with a heavily subsidized iphone and no contract and etf.

You'd end up losing your number though, wouldn't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

quadratic posted:

You'd end up losing your number though, wouldn't you?

Supposedly, they give you a month to port out.