Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Haha, loving Gibbs? Really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

T Fowl posted:

Haha, loving Gibbs? Really?

Future England Left Back Kieran Gibbs, tyvm

Torn between getting Koscielny or Cazorla on mine.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

FlickingFire posted:

Wow it may just be the photo but that lettering is utter gash

Yeah it looks like poo poo, iirc it's cheaper than the official PL letters and numbers.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

euroboy posted:

Yeah it looks like poo poo, iirc it's cheaper than the official PL letters and numbers.

Which is loving retarded and makes no sense, money grubbing cunts.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

T Fowl posted:

money grubbing cunts.

Speaking of money grubbing cunts:

gently caress you Sydney FC

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Drogadon posted:

How much are normal kits? If that's an actual 'player issue' kit then $160 isn't too bad, considering Pompey sold theirs in the Prem at £100, with the cheaper replicas being £40.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Quick look at personalized and player issue:

Juventus: 95 euro

Barcelona: 104 euro

Real Madrid: 103.11 euro

So $30-$40 lower than Sydney FC.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

T Fowl posted:

Which is loving retarded and makes no sense, money grubbing cunts.

It makes a lot of sense since they cost less than the "official" personalized kits.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Drogadon posted:

official kits in Japan are also ridiculously overpriced, even before you factor in the strong currency (which is also something the Aussie dollar is facing right now).

also holy poo poo those Arsenal numbers are awful, I hope they never use them on the pitch. Look like cast-offs from FIFA.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

harperdc posted:

also holy poo poo those Arsenal numbers are awful, I hope they never use them on the pitch. Look like cast-offs from FIFA.

They only use them in friendlies or other unofficial competitions. The premier league and UEFA have their standard numbers and letters that everyone have to use.

a top top lad
Feb 28, 2003

Triffic really. Proper player.
That's not true. Every team uses their own lettering in UEFA competitions. It's just the Premier League with the standard lettering, in this case.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

How much are normal kits? If that's an actual 'player issue' kit then $160 isn't too bad, considering Pompey sold theirs in the Prem at £100, with the cheaper replicas being £40.

I got an away one from their 2009 season off kitbag for like, 8 dollars on clearance.

Love that kit.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
When they bothered, Canterbury could do nice football kits, shame they went under. David James in an Ireland rugby kit was funny for a while.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

euroboy posted:

Apparently it is £5 cheaper, which I didn't notice, but is probably for the best. I mainly went with the red lettering because it looks more ridiculous. The best thing I can say about that font is that it actually matches the red trim on the sleeves pretty well in person.

surrender posted:

Future England Left Back Kieran Gibbs, tyvm

Torn between getting Koscielny or Cazorla on mine.

I've never bought a shirt with a number before and I would suggest picking a player whose number has only one digit. The numbering is not nearly as flexible as I would have imagined, it's kind of uncomfortable.

harperdc posted:

I honestly have no idea what they use these numbers for. It might be the CL but normally they use some Nike font for that.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Don't get a name or a number on the shirt ever imo

....unless it's Bobby Pires.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

euroboy posted:

Or unless there are goddamn cannons in the numerals.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

euroboy posted:

They only use them in friendlies or other unofficial competitions. The premier league and UEFA have their standard numbers and letters that everyone have to use.

Unfortunately that's probably the numbers and lettering for the Champions League.

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long
I actually kinda like what Wicka posted. Gibbs lmao .

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

luvd posted:

I actually kinda like what Wicka posted. Gibbs lmao .

Everyone told me to get Wilshere, so I almost did that, but then I realized everyone also told me not to buy this shirt. Gibbs it is.

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long
I've not bought a shirt since 04. Although I was given the 08-09 one for my 21st.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

luvd posted:

I've not bought a shirt since 04. Although I was given the 08-09 one for my 21st.

I have an 06-07 home shirt so I see no reason to buy another until Nike (or someone else) starts making home shirts that don't suck again.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

euroboy posted:

I've got 4 Joe Cole Chelsea shirts lmao.

Now I look a fool.

Panic! At The Tesco fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Sep 7, 2012

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I ordered Scholes 18 on last year's shirt when he retired. Then he came back with a different number. :suicide:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
It's ok I have a Milan Pirlo shirt :cry:

I got that Italy kit that came with the bag in the mail yesterday; when I get home I'll post pics. It's not that great of a bag and if I'm honest Im disappointed. The kit is really nice though.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ninpo posted:

I ordered Scholes 18 on last year's shirt when he retired. Then he came back with a different number. :suicide:

I ordered a Solskjaer shirt 3 hours before he retired...

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Is it really tacky to buy a kit with your own name & number on it?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Unless you play for that club then yes, it is quite tacky.

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo
I guess you could say I've got a few football shirts.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Children buy kits with names and numbers on them guys, I'm sure we've been through this.

Are they your heroes? Are they the people you look up to?

If they are, totally cool. If they are and you're past the age of 15, that's kind of sad.

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo
It's really brave of you to stick your neck out like that and express an overwhelmingly popular opinion on these forums.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Dear Sergio posted:

It's really brave of you to stick your neck out like that and express an overwhelmingly popular opinion on these forums.
is it?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Hoops posted:

Children buy kits with names and numbers on them guys, I'm sure we've been through this.

Are they your heroes? Are they the people you look up to?

If they are, totally cool. If they are and you're past the age of 15, that's kind of sad.

oh poo poo man you've just made me rethink my entire worldview based on the back of a shirt I'm going to wear three times in the next year

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I have Batistuta on the back of an Argentinean shirt.

No regrets!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

My friends bought me a shirt with my own name on it. Sorry.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

gently caress off wicka posted:

oh poo poo man you've just made me rethink my entire worldview based on the back of a shirt I'm going to wear three times in the next year

That's why it's even dumber actually buying it. Are you rich?

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

Gigi Galli posted:

It's ok I have a Milan Pirlo shirt :cry:

I got that Italy kit that came with the bag in the mail yesterday; when I get home I'll post pics. It's not that great of a bag and if I'm honest Im disappointed. The kit is really nice though.

GD, it's ok man. I've got a Pirlo. And Sheva. And Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ibra, MVB, and I should have a gattuso somewhere, but I can't find it. I've still got like 3 or 4 unnamed kits too through the years, but I decided that I wasn't going to get any more named shirts because.. well, I'm sure you can see why.

Lucky for me this year I went back to school and so I didn't buy any new football shirts, which is probably good because I'm a total man child and dress like a 12 year old for weeks after I get my orders in.

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010

grvm posted:

GD, it's ok man. I've got a Pirlo. And Sheva. And Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ibra, MVB, and I should have a gattuso somewhere, but I can't find it. I've still got like 3 or 4 unnamed kits too through the years, but I decided that I wasn't going to get any more named shirts because.. well, I'm sure you can see why.

Lucky for me this year I went back to school and so I didn't buy any new football shirts, which is probably good because I'm a total man child and dress like a 12 year old for weeks after I get my orders in.

i have a pirlo (italy), a maldini, and a pato (couldn't help myself after the 3-0 against inter, what a terrible decision in retrospect).

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I have a pink star Juve Pirlo shirt :cool:

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

Drogadon posted:

I have a pink star Juve Pirlo shirt :cool:
I deeply regret not buying a pink star shirt while I had the chance. That thing is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

The Prisoner posted:

I deeply regret not buying a pink star shirt while I had the chance. That thing is amazing.

You could buy our homage of it!