Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pussy v. Sperguson
Apr 28, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

spotted

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

It's bullshit how webcomics are now. Sluggy Freelance/Mega Tokyo etc. held up a mirror to society and were truly critical in a marxist sense. Today webcomics are just another product to be sold and there's no examination of our situation. The exception, of course, is homestruck.

Exaclty.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

It's bullshit how webcomics are now. Sluggy Freelance/Mega Tokyo etc. held up a mirror to society and were truly critical in a marxist sense. Today webcomics are just another product to be sold and there's no examination of our situation. The exception, of course, is homestruck.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Solidus
Nov 1, 2005

ε===(っ≧ω≦)っ♡
http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/30973742836/funded

this is really depressing that this could happen and so many other things could not

yes
Aug 26, 2004

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

Solidus posted:

this is really depressing that this could happen and so many other things could not

kill all nerds

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

did someone say... webcomix?

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad

Solidus posted:

guess whose fantroll is now canon!!!

Meursault Horny
Sep 9, 2003

lol

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

Solidus posted:

some dude i dont know makes a ton of money creating a game about something i have no idea what it is and yet it still irks me somehow.....

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Solidus posted:

actually , technically, anything is possible bud.

Meursault Horny
Sep 9, 2003

kickstarter is basically a tax on nerds with too much money

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's the, uh, 'lowtax'

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r18c9kk7k4

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Meursault Horny
Sep 9, 2003

sick

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Solidus posted:

I'm still kinda confused. wjat the gently caress does he need 700,000 loving DOLLARS for?

e: oh its some sort of video game. good lord, if the fez guys (all 2 of them) blew through $100,000 a year during development they still wouldn't have spent that much money

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 7, 2012

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qcZ9M-QoOc

YO MAMA HEAD
Sep 11, 2007

oh my god,

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

From The Guys That Brought You Zoo Keeper

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

quote:

I love Nickelback like they are by far my favorite band but I'm sorry boys but that was not the best music video it was kinda corny

quote:

Nickelback, i love you and this song, but... what the hell have this video to do with the song's meaning?
I'm so disappointed... I hoped it'd be perfect like "Lullaby"'s video, but it isn't :(

quote:

I have never actually disliked a video on youtube.. but this one is awful. What were you guys thinking? I'm sorry, still a huge fan though!
Ps. Congrats Chad on the engagement!

quote:

good song, bad video n_n

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Fayez Butts posted:

I'm still kinda confused. wjat the gently caress does he need 700,000 loving DOLLARS for?

e: oh its some sort of video game. good lord, if the fez guys (all 2 of them) blew through $100,000 a year during development they still wouldn't have spent that much money

lol at u trying to put a dollar amount on teh cost of fez. dont u know the price of indie game development is so much higher...

Phil Fish posted:

Just don't do it. It's not worth it. It's going to ruin your life, it's going to loving kill you, it's going to take away your health and your happiness, and it's going to cost you every meaningful relationship that you have in your life. Your girlfriend's going to leave you, your friends just become distant, and it's not worth it. Don't do it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Indie Game: The Movie

Daryl Fucking Hall
Feb 27, 2007

Daryl ohhhhhhhh Daryl
Rap! The Musical

chopper city
May 30, 2009

you in the choppa zone
where choppas is a must

Great Lakes Log posted:

Indie Game: The Movie

a pretty good documentary about mental illness

nsfw http://i.imgur.com/lDwV2.jpg

low quality jpeg
Mar 10, 2012

fez owns and i will defend it to my grave

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
short walk, then

*cocks n00b pwning gun*

ehhhhhhnnnnnn
Jun 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
kill all noobs

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

fez owns. this is my favorite Phil Fish quote:

quote:

An unknown Japanese developer asked the panel, which included Fish and Braid creator Jonathan Blow, what they thought of modern Japanese video games.

Fish replied: "your games just suck."

Following the Q&A, Fish took to his Twitter page to follow-up on his comments.

"At tonight's IGTM Q&A, some Japanese guy asked us what we thought of modern Japanese games, and I said I thought they sucked," he wrote.

"So I guess I'm some kind of big racist now.

chopper city
May 30, 2009

you in the choppa zone
where choppas is a must
dont even act like yall dont love phil fish he looks exactly like everyone of you

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
pretty sure that dude posts here

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"

chopper city posted:

dont even act like yall dont love phil fish he looks exactly like everyone of you

that's a good look- being unshaven announces he doesn't "do" menial office work or physical labor; it's quite bohemian, but retains that qualified masculine aspect- modern! And the glasses- they remind me of the past, like, not now, pax americana, like all day he pores over some tender metaphysics (ever read howl by Ginsburg?), but the hoodie- that's working class vêtements; he's like barton fink with one foot in the coarse world and another in the rarefied. Not that I get that movie. It's a good look basically.

chopper city
May 30, 2009

you in the choppa zone
where choppas is a must
phil fish islam? phil fish alive in serbia

Erotic Crab
Oct 16, 2004

*BBRRRR* It's cold in here!
nope i aint a dude

Iraff
Dec 29, 2008

Dilkington posted:

that's a good look- being unshaven announces he doesn't "do" menial office work or physical labor; it's quite bohemian, but retains that qualified masculine aspect- modern! And the glasses- they remind me of the past, like, not now, pax americana, like all day he pores over some tender metaphysics (ever read howl by Ginsburg?), but the hoodie- that's working class vêtements; he's like barton fink with one foot in the coarse world and another in the rarefied. Not that I get that movie. It's a good look basically.

HIPSTERS DRIVE A CAR LIKE THISFFFFFFFAAAARRTTT,,

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

chopper city posted:

nah bro i look like a kpop singer who larps and has celiac sprue

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have eyes, and sometimes a beard, but not glasses

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

chopper city posted:

phil fish islam? phil fish alive in serbia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i have eyes, and sometimes a beard, but not glasses

same excepot i always have a beard but only have eyes sometimes

• Locked thread