Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

John no

no

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Don't worry guys, that's not actually John! The breath logo is all the wrong way!

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

YF-23 posted:

B-but what will John have if not a love for terrible movies?

Dying.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Guys, it's okay. It's okay. Now that he's grown up enough to realize Con Air is terrible, he's on his way to developing a true love of Nicholas Cage movies.

The first step is realizing it's terrible. Once you're there, you can begin to enjoy it because it's terrible. :D

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Little Monsters is still safe, right?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

A good poster posted:

Little Monsters is still safe, right?

I bet he likes Ghostbusters 1 more than 2 now.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Let's not jump to conclusions, guys. He's only said this movie sucks. He might still like Armageddon!

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Well, that, err, hmm.

I wonder what Davesprite has to say on the matter...

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

This is the REAL Vast Expletive.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Well, that, err, hmm.

I wonder what Davesprite has to say on the matter...

[S] Davesprite: Mental Breakdown

*cue distorted, minor-key version of How Do I Live*

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
You remember when Eridan first flipped out and started killin folks, and some people said he was being mind-controlled by Vriska?

This time it's happening for real. It MUST be.

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain

Gnome de plume posted:

Let's not jump to conclusions, guys. He's only said this movie sucks. He might still like Armageddon!

I hope so. We still need a parody of Armageddon akin to the Con Air parody on [S] John: Reunite With Your Loving Wife and Daughter. I'm surprised there hasn't been already- there's been many heroic sacrifices to serve as opportunities.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Made this for myself, but I couldn't think up any fitting ICP lyrics to go under it, so what's even the point?

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

John's growing up on us, what if he stops liking Slimer? :cry:

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

King of Solomon posted:

Guys, it's okay. It's okay. Now that he's grown up enough to realize Con Air is terrible, he's on his way to developing a true love of Nicholas Cage movies.

So he's gonna start liking all the nic cage films that are actually worth a drat? Like Knowing? Or Vampire's Kiss? Or maybe even, heaven forbid, Leaving Las Vegas???

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Rooreelooo posted:

So he's gonna start liking all the nic cage films that are actually worth a drat? Like Knowing? Or Vampire's Kiss? Or maybe even, heaven forbid, Leaving Las Vegas???

Probably! More importantly, though, he's going to start liking Nic Cage films that suck because they suck.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Rooreelooo posted:

nic cage films that are actually worth a drat? Like Knowing?

:cawg:

get a load of this guy

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
I'm honestly surprised there haven't been any Knowing references yet, given that it'd be the last Nic Cage movie to come out in the B1 universe and has a number of (very loose) parallels to Homestuck.

Of course, there may have been and I've just missed them because all I know about the film is what's in the Wikipedia article.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

KoB posted:

I like to think that the kids are such a high level that they just dont aggro anymore, like in some MMOs.
Yeah, the imps certainly haven't been much of a bother in a while.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
No. gently caress this.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Well, John just went WAY THE gently caress DOWN on my list of "kids who I can see myself in the most." I mean, he was never in Jake or Rose's league by come the gently caress on John. Get your act together.

I mean just look at how far Con Air is on the brilliant axis of The Cage Matrix

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

See, we don't need to panic yet. We're at the apex of what John will take from this realization, and he may yet make the correct deduction.

He may decide that Con Air being poo poo is the reason why it's so lovable, and that embracing the awfulness is good.

Prison Warden posted:

Well, John just went WAY THE gently caress DOWN on my list of "kids who I can see myself in the most." I mean, he was never in Jake or Rose's league by come the gently caress on John. Get your act together.

I'm pretty sure the way that matrix works is by having wrap-around edges, so a movie can be so rubbish that it goes over and comes out again at brilliant.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god what are you saying?! :negative:

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE
I am removing my palm from my face.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Baron La Croix posted:

You remember when Eridan first flipped out and started killin folks, and some people said he was being mind-controlled by Vriska?

This time it's happening for real. It MUST be.

But Vriska loves Nic Cage (not that she would ever say so)

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Why is Meenah the "last" to enter the afterlife? Everyone else has been there for eons and Aranea said she needed to be welcomed.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Dr Christmas posted:

Why is Meenah the "last" to enter the afterlife? Everyone else has been there for eons and Aranea said she needed to be welcomed.
She's been cooped up in her dream castle this entire time.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Dr Christmas posted:

Paradox Space is loving weird like that, basically.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Dr Christmas posted:

chilling out in a castle not doing anything

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Maybe also a Thief of Life side effect?

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Prison Warden posted:

Someone just pointed out to me that the Cage head used for the movie "Birdy" has hair that makes him look suspiciously like Dirk. The most anime Nic Cage. :swoon:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Sockser posted:

chilling out in a castle not doing anything

Admiring her solid gold statue of herself.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Walliard posted:

Admiring her solid gold statue of herself.

Melting down the last of her gold and swag to make a solid gold statue of herself.

EDIT: For serious though, with the way the Furthest Rings work (or don't work), it is almost implied that Meenah really has only been "dead" for a short while. Everyone else immediately got their dead on sooner, and hung out in the omnipresent dream bubbles, but Meenah only became dream bubble dead much, much later. Aranea said that she had been looking for Meenah ever since they died, but could never find her. What better place for the Horrorterrors to hide her than the future?

life_source fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 10, 2012

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I interpreted the "cooped up in her castle" thing to be the explanation for what she was doing between "1 year has elapsed" intermission and "2 years have elapsed" intermission, not what she was doing for millenia.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I don't want to live in a world where John Egbert doesn't like Con Air.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Yes, yessss. Turn to the dark side, John. Acknowledge that The Rock is and always has been the superior film.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

This update has given us one of the best John faces, though, so it's not all bad.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Updates aside, I awoke today with a brainstorm on how Hussie can make his kickstarter surge. Check it:

Stretch goal: $1,500,000. All SNOUTPAK toys get upgraded with squeak mechanisms.

Updates not-aside, hey some fanart I actually like:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Seoinin posted:

Yes, yessss. Turn to the dark side, John. Acknowledge that The Rock is and always has been the superior film.

If loving The Rock is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Bobulus posted:

Updates aside, I awoke today with a brainstorm on how Hussie can make his kickstarter surge. Check it:

Stretch goal: $1,500,000. All SNOUTPAK toys get upgraded with squeak mechanisms.

I don't know that I'd actually want that. It'd be cute but I'd rather be able to squeeze them without squeaking every time.

I like to hug my things a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It's going to be so awkward when the two crews reunite and Dave tries to reconnect with John by referencing the same old stuff.