Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

D C posted:

We weren't allowed to wear sports jerseys at all to school due to gang connections in LA.

This kind of rule would be easier to justify for a lot of reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah I feel it's gotta be all or nothing, because by similar criteria they might as well start banning the colors red and blue.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Rap posted:

Greeley is a town composed entirely of mullets and cow poo poo so it's not indicative of all of Colorado (just like 1/3 of it)
Beat me to it. And yes - Greeley literally reeks of cow poo poo.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Is there a consensus site I should be checking out for cheap jerseys? My buddy was looking at https://www.cheapjerseyswin.net but that looked beyond lovely.

whatjersey.com was recommended earlier in this thread. Any others?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

shyguy posted:

Yeah I feel it's gotta be all or nothing, because by similar criteria they might as well start banning the colors red and blue.

I went to school in San Jose, CA. They did ban red and blue when I was in middle school. In high school they tried, but our school color was red, so...

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is there a consensus site I should be checking out for cheap jerseys? My buddy was looking at https://www.cheapjerseyswin.net but that looked beyond lovely.

I've had good luck with YukiJersey -- ordered 2 from them, and multiple people I know have ordered from them as well.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

EVGA Longoria posted:

I've had good luck with YukiJersey -- ordered 2 from them, and multiple people I know have ordered from them as well.

Thanks!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

japtor posted:

I want a Seabass jersey :colbert:

I have one and it owns. Seriously go get one asap you'll feel like a new man.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I've ordered from http://ecseller.com/ multiple times and it's legit as all hell. There's only one charge for shipping (I think like $15) so you'll pay the same for that if you order 1 or 100 jerseys. So the more the merrier. They'll take anywhere from 2-3 weeks to show up but they will arrive. This past X-mas I ordered a shitload of jerseys from that site as gifts for people and everything was beautiful. Excellent quality.

The site itself isn't the prettiest but you get used to it.

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 10, 2012

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I would but I'd probably have to go for a real one cause the knockoffs for his all look weird, at least on the various sites' pictures. Like the nameplate font might be wrong, or just off center, number font is wrong for the AFL throwback ones, and name/number size is all over the place.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Tarajersey updated their site. So they actually have the Elite (and limited for some reason.) They also have the full roster custom jerseys now, Finally I can get my Jesse Holley reality tv star jersey! Or maybe an Acosta jersey, but I bet when the mailman delivers it, the package will be thrown over my house.

Still can't decide between Carr, Mo, Lee and Murray though :argh:

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Anybody have a promo code before I pull the trigger on this Youth Custom Away jersey?

Made a Keenum Texans jersey since my manager said all the bartenders are allowed to wear Texans jerseys as long as we ALL are doing it.

Almost got a James Casey jersey since he played for Rice and "86" is a restaurant in-joke but I'd rather have Case.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
San Diego is wearing all whites for the first time next week

I sorta like them :)

artism
Nov 22, 2011

I am not sure is this is the right spot to ask but I'm trying to order an Earl Thomas jersey and honest to god I have no idea how the sizing charts work. I am 6'3" 212 and in good shape. Can I get away with a 44 or do I need a 48?

For reference: Jersey http://www.officialseahawks.com/mens+nike+seattle+seahawks+29+earl+thomas+elite+team+color+blue+jersey+p+5.html

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Those Nike Collars need to change. Makes everything look popped. At least make the Collars uniform in color all the way around, Nike.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
The U of M property disposition is selling 'old' practice jerseys as of yesterday, $35 if anyone is interested.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

SteelAngel2000 posted:

That's really nice looking, just need someone to pull up their socks, drat.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Those are so legit. I got view seats so I don't think a white shirt is going to help me sunday though :(

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Uncle Jam posted:

The U of M property disposition is selling 'old' practice jerseys as of yesterday, $35 if anyone is interested.

UH is doing this too. Selling them in our fan shops. But they're actual jerseys so they're really long and also I'm pretty sure they're just linemen's jerseys because they were all XXL and XXXL

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

MSUSurplusStore.com is selling L and XL black practice jerseys for $15 a pop. The game-worn jerseys start at $165, but you can at least get them in something close to normal size (36-38).

e: forgot the .com

Anals of History fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 13, 2012

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Uncle Jam posted:

Where is this?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

Where is this?

http://www.msusurplusstore.com/servlet/Categories?category=Athletics%3AJersey

apparently A lot of colleges of these surplus stores?

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
if i had my druthers the jets would never wear anything but their all whites

maybe the blue titans unis every once and a while

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Just bought a game jersey a dry fit shirt and a nike t, I'll post pics and poo poo when they arrive (10 days).

loving got RAPED by the shipping costs to australia, but I just got my tax return, so gently caress it.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Nike finally has the limited jerseys up in the second color, may have to get a white Saints jersey since all of my old jerseys are black ones.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

http://kegsneggsblog.com/2012/09/14/photo-florida-high-school-showcases-one-heck-of-a-football-uniform/

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

That kid looks so loving forlorn.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
holy gently caress what an abomination

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

AsInHowe posted:

Where is this?

I dunno what the other guy was saying (MSU?)

But this is where the UofM one is:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=U+of+...=h&z=16&iwloc=A

The hours are really weird, the only time they're open outside of work hours is Monday, until 6. I'm not sure if any more are left but I will check Monday.

They have/had both blues and whites.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Thats... Unfortunate.

I bet hope that kid quit.

Fake edit: Who makes these? I mean did someone from Nike actually approve selling this thing to a high school? Is it from another company?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

It's like they ran out of the right color dye before they finished the uniform

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

Philadelphia Eagles
+
Green Man from “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”
=
Your Atlantic Eagles Football team!
:ms:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Danica! posted:

Thats... Unfortunate.

I bet hope that kid quit.

Fake edit: Who makes these? I mean did someone from Nike actually approve selling this thing to a high school? Is it from another company?
Full story here:
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/highschoolbuzz/2012/09/14/a-neon-nightmare-or-clean-and-green-atlantics-new-uniforms-sure-to-divide-opinion/

quote:

The uniforms were donated by Delray 21, a group of community focused business owners in Delray Beach, along with Delray companies The Related Group and Ocean Properties. They were designed by Ryan Boylston of Delray-based Futuristic Woo.

You can check out more Futuristic Woo at Futuristic Woo’s website, Futuristic Woo.com (Woo.)

“We definitely don’t expect these to be loved by everybody,” said Lee Cohen, a Delray attorney and Delray Beach 21′s chairman. “That’s what they should do. Spark conversation. We want to bring these kids the attention they deserve. We want to draw attention and bring excitement to the program. We want to get people talking.”

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Well at least Maryland no longer has the ugliest uniforms ever made.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
holy shot that high school is down the street from me. I might have to go to a game just to see them, so I guess they served their purpose

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

guy making the terrible uniforms or whatever posted:

“We definitely don’t expect these to be loved by everybody,” said Lee Cohen, a Delray attorney and Delray Beach 21′s chairman. “That’s what they should do. Spark conversation. We want to bring these kids the attention they deserve. We want to draw attention and bring excitement to the program. We want to get people talking.”

God can we please put to death the terrible idea that any publicity is good publicity

"Look at these assholes and their terrible uniforms" is not "wow! look at these remarkable student athletes! golly I would've never known about them without their 'interesting' outfits."

ZopfaMania fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 15, 2012

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Got tired of waiting for the Elite jerseys to have a custom option so I picked up a Limited Jimmy Graham jersey today. Not that bad, and it should hold me over until I can create one for a lesser known player.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

jordjevic posted:

God can we please put to death the terrible idea that any publicity is good publicity

"Look at these assholes and their terrible uniforms" is not "wow! look at these remarkable student athletes! golly I would've never known about them without their 'interesting' outfits."

To be fair we really never would have known about these kids and their school if not for their stupid lovely uniform.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

lol motherfucker gotta carry someone else helmet

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

So I must have missed this in the offseason but I was recently informed that the Broncos Orange jerseys are now officially the primary home jerseys? Not the Blue ones with orange stripes?

That's retarded. The blue ones are way better. The Oranges are too bright for normal use. They look like they should be directing traffic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
These are the only Denver uniforms as far as I'm concerned:

Maybe I should note that I'm not a fan of the team.

• Locked thread