Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

LemonLimeTime posted:

Why does the artwork have to look cool but the actual game look lovely and stupid?

I'm wondering why Mega Man skinned the rabbits from Chill Penguin's level for warmth, as if he's not a loving robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
I'm operating under the notion that Pluto decided there was money in heroism after his Bowie cover band sunk.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

LemonLimeTime posted:

Why does the artwork have to look cool but the actual game look lovely and stupid?

Is that Storm Eagle in screenshots to the right?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is that Storm Eagle in screenshots to the right?

Storm Eagle, and the Rex Tank.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Violen posted:

I'm operating under the notion that Pluto decided there was money in heroism after his Bowie cover band sunk.
He got the dash already, it was just a matter of time.

microwave casserole
Jul 5, 2005

my god, what are you doing
Is Mega Man Xover gonna include Missy Man?

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

I will be very angry if they don't include Terror Teddy

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

microwave casserole posted:

Is Mega Man Xover gonna include Missy Man?

God, I wish.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
So I've been playing X8 again for the first time in years, and I still can't clear the Sigma Palace stage. I don't know what it is about the spikes in this game, but I have a terrible time judging how much safe distance you have before hitting them, and it's making the stage a completely nerve-wracking hellhole for me. Anyone have any advice for this one besides "buy a prickle barrier?"

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Buy a prickle barrier!

Also abuse hit invincibility, and take either Zero or Axel with you.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Squirtle Squadee posted:

I'm wondering why Mega Man skinned the rabbits from Chill Penguin's level for warmth, as if he's not a loving robot.

Hey, if robots get too cold, they'll freeze over and won't be able to do poo poo.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Hey guys, remember how Capcom announced three Mega Man games last year, then cancelled the two that anyone actually cared about? Looks like the third is dead now, too.

Happy 25th anniversary, everyone! That's the "boiling feces" anniversary, right?

Penguissimo fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Sep 10, 2012

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Penguissimo posted:

Hey guys, remember how Capcom announced three Mega Man games last year, then cancelled the two that anyone actually cared about? Looks like the third is dead now, too.

Happy 25th anniversary, everyone! That's the "boiling feces" anniversary, right?

Why does it say "Dr. Wily is Back!" in the upper left but nothing underneath it?

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Mister Roboto posted:

Why does it say "Dr. Wily is Back!" in the upper left but nothing underneath it?

I guess he must be stuck in traffic.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Penguissimo posted:

That's ridiculous, nobody cared about Megaman Universe.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Momomo posted:

gently caress you, I was dying to play that.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
The concept art is cool. :(

RIP Megaman, may you forever live in our hearts and NES carts.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Between this and Monster Hunter, we need to have a "gently caress you Capcom" thread.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

Between this and Monster Hunter, we need to have a "gently caress you Capcom" thread.

This, Monster Hunter, and EX Troopers.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Detective No. 27 posted:

And Sengoku Basara

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I mean the concept of the game was cool. Wasn't it basically X/Megaman teaming up to take out some virus from destroying the hub world?

Granted it isn't really X/Megaman (just digital avatars if I remember right) it would've been pretty cool. I still remember the anime intro concept they showed and it had Megaman fighting Protoman, X fighting some of the other robot masters and Bass in his kick rear end cape walking across the desert.

Granted I understand the little Blue Bomber ain't the big powerhouse he used to be but pretty sure that being turned into iOS game that looks like poo poo (nothing against iOS, more just the effort Capcom is giving) is basically Capcom not really giving a drat.

You would think after 9/10 they were giving their own mascot a little nudge.

I guess Infaune leaving just left Capcom a shell of their former selves.

So much for that 25th anniversary.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
It's pretty obvious that the Suits in charge of Capcom do not think Nostalgia is enough to make a profit. Inafune probably saw this coming and realized they were going to circumcise down his ideas until he wouldn't be allowed to do any Megaman at all.

Somehow, the fans need to convince them otherwise. That's why I keep saying buy the comic, it's the easiest way to show there's some interest. Even if the Japanese suits go "Fine, only the Americans like Megaman now, give them something that we slap together" it's still better than NOTHING.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Momomo posted:

Yeah I'll be honest, Universe and Online were things nobody was looking forward to. Legends 3 was the only one that looked pretty great of this bunch and that I actually legitimately was bummed about.

Still, that being said? I think we can safely say that no MegaMan game can be guaranteed to come out again. They can announce all the games they want and they're just gonna be cancelled in 6 months anyhow. Which is good for one reason at least considering Rockman CrossOver looks like loving poo poo.

Maybe without Inafune they literally have no idea how to release/finish these games?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Mister Roboto posted:

Even if the Japanese suits go "Fine, only the Americans like Megaman now, give them something that we slap together" it's still better than NOTHING.

Are you sure about that? Do people really want a DmC-ified Mega Man?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I think I'd get some sick, twisted pleasure out of hearing Mega Man drop f-bombs every other sentence.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Would you prefer nothing?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

As long as the gameplay is fun I don't mind what kind of blue-suited guy I'm playing as, personally.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Mister Roboto posted:

Would you prefer nothing?

I would prefer nothing as opposed to Capcom making us a half-assed game just to shut us up.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

TaurusOxford posted:

I would prefer nothing as opposed to Capcom making us a half-assed game just to shut us up.

You'd rather have no discussion at all? Because that's the end result of "nothing." We'd eventually have nothing to talk about at all, because eventually all possible secrets and neat details and "remember that cool song" conversations get had.

I'm reminded of the Ultima series. I wasn't born yet when it came out, but when I was about 6, I saw my dad play Ultima 8. So I got onto google for the first time, I found tons and tons of sites discussing that series and all its easter eggs and all the coolness of its mythology. I think the early Ultima messageboards in 2000 were called "Ultima Dragons."

Then, 10 years later, EA has totally bought out Origin and neutered the Ultima brand to the Online game only, and now no one cares about Ultima anymore. All the discussions and easter eggs and talk are dead. There's some facebook game coming out but no older fans care about it.

I'd be sad to see Megaman go that way, the fans just drifting away because nothing new is out there to discuss.

Mister Roboto fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Sep 10, 2012

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Mister Roboto posted:

You'd rather have no discussion at all? Because that's the end result of "nothing." We'd eventually have nothing to talk about at all, because eventually all possible secrets and neat details and "remember that cool song" conversations get had.

I'm reminded of the Ultima series. I wasn't born yet when it came out, but when I was about 6, I saw my dad play Ultima 7. So I got onto google for the first time, I found tons and tons of sites discussing that series and all its easter eggs and all the coolness of its mythology. I think the early Ultima messageboards in 2000 were called "Ultima Dragons."

Then, 10 years later, EA bought out Origin and neutered the Ultima brand to the Online game only, and now no one cares about Ultima anymore. All the discussions and easter eggs and talk are dead. There's some facebook game coming out but no older fans care about it.

I'd be sad to see Megaman go that way, the fans just drifting away because nothing new is out there to discuss.

I get the sinking feeling that they literally have lost their way due to Inafune leaving and it's going to kill the franchise.
I'd love to see an SNES X9 and one more Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X. Pipe dreams beyond pipe dreams at this point sure, but if they did just those three, I wouldn't even care what happened to the franchise after that honestly.

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Sep 10, 2012

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oh, have they confirmed they're poo poo-canning and/or cock-blocking a English release of EX Troopers?

Cuz it would totally be Capcomish to poo poo-can their only interesting game in development.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Sep 10, 2012

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

They said they aren't releasing EX Troopers here, or at least "no plans at this time." Capcom clearly does not want to make money.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

I thought Monster Hunter was one of their huge cash cows? At least in Japan...

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Zeether posted:

They said they aren't releasing EX Troopers here, or at least "no plans at this time." Capcom clearly does not want to make money.

I have no capcom.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Ok, Capcom is done now. We are now all fans of Konami. Mega Man Returns will now be called Metal Gear Returns. I'll give the Dr. Wily sprite a mullet and put some legs on the saucer.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LemonLimeTime posted:

Yeah I'll be honest, Universe and Online were things nobody was looking forward to. Legends 3 was the only one that looked pretty great of this bunch and that I actually legitimately was bummed about.

Still, that being said? I think we can safely say that no MegaMan game can be guaranteed to come out again. They can announce all the games they want and they're just gonna be cancelled in 6 months anyhow. Which is good for one reason at least considering Rockman CrossOver looks like loving poo poo.

Maybe without Inafune they literally have no idea how to release/finish these games?
Legends 3 looked like putrid poo poo and a sequel to Powered Up (Universe) was the best possible thing they could've made.

RKTM
Jul 17, 2009

LemonLimeTime posted:

Universe and Online were things nobody was looking forward to. Legends 3 was the only one that looked pretty great of this bunch and that I actually legitimately was bummed about.

I disagree, I was actually really looking forward to Universe. I've never played any of the Legends games (never really had a way to, and to be honest they kinda never seemed interesting to me), but I did get a chance to play like 5 minutes of universe and liked it, and everything I was hearing about it sounded great.

I'm probably a small minority on the Legends thing, but I think saying nobody was looking forward to Universe is a bit silly.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hell yeah. Universe sounded amazing. Did everyone already forget the kicking rad teaser trailer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IkCn8ucFJg

RKTM
Jul 17, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Hell yeah. Universe sounded amazing. Did everyone already forget the kicking rad teaser trailer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IkCn8ucFJg

The second I saw Arthur when I first saw this, I knew right there that I needed the game as soon as possible. I really hope someday somehow Megaman Universe comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

quakster posted:

Legends 3 looked like putrid poo poo and a sequel to Powered Up (Universe) was the best possible thing they could've made.

The new character looked kinda lame but I figured MML3:Prototype was supposed to give him enough story backing to be likable. Past that the game looked awesome and I have no idea really what you could be referring to.

I agree a sequel to Powered Up would be super cool, though. While we're dreaming, how about Maverick Hunter X2? The first one was kinda mediocre, but only because MMX was such an incredibly solid game to begin with it made the changes look worse by comparison. It would be cool to see what they could've done with X2, which in my opinion was a much weaker game.