Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

British Tim posted:

Yes it was where I grew up, I should know as I was there. The shopkeepers took some terrible abuse but they wouldn't say anything, they would just smile and serve the customer.

Seems like awfully passive and submissive behaviour from people you just described as "barbaric religious nutcases still living in the dark ages".

Are these shopkeepers your example of people who wouldn't culturally assimilate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

British Tim posted:

Why would I question it?

So what you're saying is that your hatred of muslims is an indoctrinated behaviour, not based on anything muslims actually do.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

British Tim posted:

The shopkeepers took some terrible abuse but they wouldn't say anything, they would just smile and serve the customer.

They sound like terrible people. Kick em out.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Lamuella posted:

So what you're saying is that your hatred of muslims is an indoctrinated behaviour, not based on anything muslims actually do.

Its clear hes never thought deeply about any of the positions he holds. The SA miners thread proved that.

'Apartheid was terrible'

5 posts later

'hmmm now Ive thought about it some more it was a good thing'

British Tim
Aug 27, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Lamuella posted:

Seems like awfully passive and submissive behaviour from people you just described as "barbaric religious nutcases still living in the dark ages".

Are these shopkeepers your example of people who wouldn't culturally assimilate?

I was only a kid so I would not really know the answer to that back then. But immigrants who come to Britain and are living and working in an ethnically integrated environments just causes them to cling more tightly to their own identity.

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

British Tim posted:

I am lucky because my area is practicly all white British besides a few British black families and they are good people. My doctor, infact all the doctors in my surgery are white British and I have never seen an immigrant when I have had an appointment, same with my dentist. Besides a couple of paki shops, a few take-aways and all the Asian taxi drivers flying about it's all ok where I live. We have five schools all in walking distance from my house, crime is low and there is hardly no trouble even in the summer when all the kids are off. I am on benefits because of the economic downturn and lack of jobs. I have always been in full-time employment while not being in prison or college and it has never affected my job prospects until around 18 months ago when I was laid off. I don't go looking at what other people have got or driving, I have a wife and daughter who I love to bits, we have a nice car and a nice new-build house that we own. I could not be happier at the moment.

Immigrants won't integrate! They stay in their own closed off enclaves and never make the effort to talk to people from other backgrounds! They just cling to their own identity!

*lives in an all white area*
*associates only with white people*
*praises only 'white' values*
*clings to own definition of British identity which doesn't exist*
*takes a tube and sticks one end up arse and the other in mouth and farts and breathes in the fart creating a perpetual farting cascade and uses this infinite fart energy to power boundless idiocy*

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Not sure it's worth engaging British Tim given that his ban has already been queued up and apparently is just waiting to go through the system or something.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

British Tim
Aug 27, 2012

by Fistgrrl

sean10mm posted:

Not sure it's worth engaging British Tim given that his ban has already been queued up and apparently is just waiting to go through the system or something.

The Kinks - Living on a Thin Line

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

sean10mm posted:

Sure it's not him re-registering fast?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

sean10mm posted:

No it went through earlier, he's just already re-registered.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Lamuella posted:

Sure it's not him re-registering fast?

How much dole money can you spend on re-regs? :iiam:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
He was already banned on the last page. Now he's back.

It's IWC. This is what he does.

British Tim
Aug 27, 2012

by Fistgrrl

sean10mm posted:

How much dole money can you spend on re-regs? :iiam:

I used my wifes card, don't say anything and hopefully she won't notice.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Gorilla Salad posted:

He was already banned on the last page. Now he's back.

It's IWC. This is what he does.

Its not.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

British Tim posted:

Yes it was where I grew up, I should know as I was there. The shopkeepers took some terrible abuse but they wouldn't say anything, they would just smile and serve the customer.

Somehow I managed to be born in Leeds in the early 80's with family dotted around west yorkshire and not be a hugely misinformed xenophobic idiot, same as the vast majority of my peers. Stop trying to pin your racism on others, unless you want to admit to having no critical reasoning skills and an undying devotion to the opinions of other people to the point you cannot formulate your own.

You might also want to address the posters that correctly stated that the cultural makeup of the UK represents it's history- one of constant migration and assimilation, for thousands of years. There is no British culture, and there never was, even loving morris dancing was nicked from the Spanish.

British Tim
Aug 27, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Lamuella posted:

EDIT: what were you in prison for, by the way? Setting fire to a "paki shop"?

No it was for copyright theft and I got screwed over by the courts. Check the prison thread I explained it all there please before jumping to conclusions.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3331921&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=59

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

British Tim posted:

No it was for copyright theft and I got screwed over by the courts. Check the prison thread I explained it all there please before jumping to conclusions.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3331921&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=59

Hold on, you aren't a libertarian are you?

British Tim
Aug 27, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Thundercloud posted:

:staredog:

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Thundercloud posted:

No hes the other sort, a racist cock.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

British Tim posted:

Screwed over for the over half a million pound's worth of fake DVDs you were flogging? Sure thing, buddy.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Copyright fraud and racism often go with libertarianism, so it's worth asking.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

British Tim is just some idiot who threatened to kill himself because we removed one of his threads on one of his other account. He's off to be permabanned and will probably rereg constantly only to be banned again and again. Really you should all be thanking him for his future investment in the future of the forums.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Brown Moses posted:

British Tim is just some idiot who threatened to kill himself because we removed one of his threads on one of his other account. He's off to be permabanned and will probably rereg constantly only to be banned again and again. Really you should all be thanking him for his future investment in the future of the forums.

You mean someone might actually follow through and set themselves on fire?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Thundercloud posted:

You mean someone might actually follow through and set themselves on fire?

Sadly I think he's just an idiot trying to make a name for himself on the forums.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Brown Moses posted:

Sadly I think he's just an idiot trying to make a name for himself on the forums.

Why would anyone want to make that name?

Sargs
Aug 15, 2001

Poyekhali!

Lamuella posted:

Why would anyone want to make that name?

We should all strive to excel in whatever field of endeavour our natural talents lie, even if they lie in the field of being a horrible prick, apparently.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Sargs posted:

We should all strive to excell in whatever field of endeavour our natural talents lie, even if they lie in the field of being a horrible prick, apparently.

Shitpost award season coming up.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

britishbornandbread posted:

He's definitely a Wessie.

I'm guessing he's originally from Huddersfield but moved to Cambridge for work.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Well that was a fun little interlude.

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

"If you want to make enemies....try to change something."

College Slice

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'm guessing he's originally from Huddersfield but moved to Cambridge for work.

Dear god I hope not. Cambridge is bad enough without that sort of shitdick.

Anwyay, avoiding the Derail. Looks like the EDL are making another attempt in Walthamstow. Oct 27th.

ref: http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/wfnews/9920143.WALTHAMSTOW__EDL_plan_to_march_again/

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Hopefully another utter failure like the Bristol march. They really are seeing big dropoffs in numbers.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

StoicFnord posted:

Dear god I hope not. Cambridge is bad enough without that sort of shitdick.

Anwyay, avoiding the Derail. Looks like the EDL are making another attempt in Walthamstow. Oct 27th.

ref: http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/wfnews/9920143.WALTHAMSTOW__EDL_plan_to_march_again/

Yes, same day as this http://anarchistbookfair.org.uk/ is being held in the east end.

I'm sure there will be no problems (kicking the crap out of the fash)

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I assumed he was a troll from the word "cracking".

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

"If you want to make enemies....try to change something."

College Slice

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Yes, same day as this http://anarchistbookfair.org.uk/ is being held in the east end.

I'm sure there will be no problems (kicking the crap out of the fash)

I am now tempted to turn up with a Camera. Nothing can go wrong. I am sure Comedy Gold will happen.

Esp as the Anarchists are known for their polite demeanour and excellent speaking points. A "free and frank exchange of views" will surely occur.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
If that was serious, you should explain why. I doubt a book fair will spontanously stop to attack fascists in another part of town - not that I'd mind if they did.

John_Anon_Smith
Nov 26, 2007
:smug:

Tias posted:

If that was serious, you should explain why. I doubt a book fair will spontanously stop to attack fascists in another part of town - not that I'd mind if they did.

The Anarchist Fair normally brings in a couple thousand anarchists of all stripes (including antifa) and is only about 10mins walk from the EDL meeting. The chances of anything happening depends on if the locals want a hand or if the EDL manage to wander nearby.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Ah, gotcha. London geography is not my strong suit :downs:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

John_Anon_Smith posted:

The Anarchist Fair normally brings in a couple thousand anarchists of all stripes (including antifa) and is only about 10mins walk from the EDL meeting. The chances of anything happening depends on if the locals want a hand or if the EDL manage to wander nearby.

Well it's more than 10 minutes walk, it's about twenty minutes by train, but I'm sure that they won't mind the detour. From what I've heard of the last one the locals pretty much had it covered anyway but the more the merrier.

What I don't understand is why the EDL picked Walthamstow in the first place. Were they hoping to get a less hostile response than at the Brick lane fiasco, or is there a particular thing they're there for?

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
Apologies for the long wait. Blame my procrastination, a training course I've been attending and me sitting back watching the last few pages explode in a big ball of helarity. Mostly blame my procrastination though.

Here is the BNP Election summery special:

The following is summarised from International Searchlight #422 August 2010

In response to this leadership election being called, Griffin offered the following statement:

quote:

In ten years, our activists and I have turned this party from a bad political joke into a major force in British politics. There is still much more to be done, and it is best done under proven, principled, and visionary leadership, without futile, time-wasting elections.
For context – the BNP was pretty much bankrupt, at the time - Following a devastating defeat in the general elections that year, a disastrous election campaign that saw Griffin try to co-opt the Marmite “Love/Hate” advertising campaign by using Windows Movie Maker to have a jar of marmite float by his right ear in one campaign video.

Something Unilever took significant exception to.
Here is the BNP’s Response to Uniliver's legal action.

quote:

The BNP said Marmite's "hate-party" campaign copied its own party political broadcasts.
"The hate party on the Marmite adverts is clearly a copycat of (BNP leader) Nick Griffin sat behind an almost identical desk, with medals on the wall," said BNP press spokesman John Walker.
"They have chosen to step into the political arena and try to use subliminal psychology on the electorate. We will take the Marmite ad off when they stop ripping off our election broadcast."

Figures between £70,000 and £170,000 have been suggested as the final costs to Griffin’s lost case.

This is in addition to the £300,000 lost in Griffin’s overextended and futile case against the Commission for Equality and Human Rights over the BNP’s “indigenous Brits only” membership clause. And this was before the numerous unfair dismissal claims that are being settled now and reported on by Searchlight.

So – let’s meet our contestants and see how the election went!

First – our glorious lord and master, he who shall reign for eternity: Nick Griffin.

Richard Barnbrook

To quote from Lancaster Unity’s political Obituary of him:

quote:

the famously Dyslexic Barnbrook entered the world of politics; first as a Labour Party activist before realising his mistake and joining the BNP. His Dyslexia must be REALLY bad.
Following this election Barnbrook left the BN and subsequently failed to impress the EDL

Barnbrook ran a half-arsed campaign, mostly pointing out that Griffin is best suited to run the party. It is believed this was done as penance for Barnbrook's pathetic track record since his one victory.

Eddy Butler

Eddy is the strongest read: “only” contender for Griffin’s leadership. And by howdy, he is nothing but persistent. Several Butler supporters (including Peter Phillips, Butler’s campaign manager) have been suspended by the party’s glorious leader due to unrelated totally related reasons.

Letters were sent to several Butler supporters from the desk of Clive Jefferson, BNP head of party elections – and Griffin supporter, natch, stating temporary suspension pending investigations into serious breeches of the BNP Code of Conduct *gigglesnort*. The letters contained clear warnings that their recipients participation in any BNP activity could lead to “expulsion from membership in the party, and Civil, or Criminal proceedings taken against you.”.
Jefferson also aided the campaign by presenting to the party a grany video claiming to show Eddy Butler visiting black prostitutes in a bar in Belgum.

Derek Adams

Who?

No one cared about this guy – and he didn't care for the election. It’s almost as though he was inserted as a distraction from Butler and to give the impression that there were more than two people actively competing for the party’s leadership!

For Butler’s claim to go forward, he needed approval of 20% of the claimed 4,200 individuals with a continuous 2-year membership to the party. This is a problem because only BNP head office has any idea who these people are. Butler did submit a request for the list, but this was denied citing “data protection” constraints.
The BNP constitution also requires that these supporting members add their names to the contenders nomination paper. No one has ever seen a nomination form before however...

Just 6 days prior to nominations opening, Jefferson unveiled the Official Nomination paper. Members must sign the form along with their home phone number, mobile phone number, E-Mail address, BNP membership number, date of birth, signature and a signature of a witness including that witnesses full name and address, and “if any required information is missing” the paper will be invalid. Not to mention that these forms must be sent to the Grand High Scrutiniser, Andrew Brons MEP – any forms collected by a 3rd party, like Butler, will be invalid. The forms included a tick box reading: “I am content with Nick Griffin continuing in his role as duly elected leader for a further year and therefore do not wish to nominate and alternative.” Ticking this box meant that you didn’t need to provide any info.

After a bravely fought election, surprisingly, Butler lost. Griffin is reported to have made a sadface.

Things have been moving in EDL land too. Following his video claiming to be skint, Tommeh has joined a group of islamophobes and far right fruitcakes in New York headed by Ann Coulter, (hilariously referred to as a UN Peace Conference by one EDL source, like we're living in an episode of The Justice League or something)

Kev Carroll delivered a speech that was practically written for him by Daily Mail and Express headlines. I am so not kidding:

Write up Here

Tommeh has since jetted off to Florence, Italy and continues to be a tit. No one is holding their breath waiting for EDL Neanderthals to put together the disconnect between Tommeh claiming to not have any money and him jetting off to America and Italy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
Tommeh announces plans to screen "Innocence of Muslims" at their repeat demo in Walthamstow

Nothing could possibly go wrong there!

• Locked thread