Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

artshavin posted:

Yeah, only in America. How embarrassing.

People in the Pacific Northwest can be amazingly passive-aggressive like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

TraderStav posted:

"Look At This rear end in a top hat Yelling In Some Guy’s Face Because He Wouldn’t Sit Down At A Soccer Game"

http://deadspin.com/5941786/look-at-this-rear end in a top hat-yelling-in-some-guys-face-because-he-wouldnt-sit-down-at-a-soccer-game

If you want to stand and pretend you're in Europe in the 70s, every MLS team has a fan club section where you can go and be a poseur and have sing-a-longs and interpretive dance and stuff. Every other section is by default a "sitting section".

I enjoy soccer, I enjoy going to soccer games, but I think the biggest thing holding soccer back in this country is the snobby europoseurs who among other things, think it's their obligation to show American sports fans that they are "doing it wrong"

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Conveniently cut from that video is probably the bald dude or someone else politely asking them to sit down.

TyChan posted:

What's up with Arsenal and tent photos?

It's from some kids event they had at the Emirates. They could "camp out," on the fields there. Here's a vid: Link

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
I like soccer but I also dislike the presence of other people what should I do bigsoccer.com

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Scott Bakula posted:

From the new Liverpool documentary, guess who's house this is in

Chuggo's?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

TraderStav posted:

"Look At This rear end in a top hat Yelling In Some Guy’s Face Because He Wouldn’t Sit Down At A Soccer Game"

http://deadspin.com/5941786/look-at-this-rear end in a top hat-yelling-in-some-guys-face-because-he-wouldnt-sit-down-at-a-soccer-game

I hate everyone involved with this story.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Dilkington posted:

I like soccer but I also dislike the presence of other people what should I do bigsoccer.com

Get a season ticket to the Emirates where although there will be many thousands of people not one of them will disturb your equilibrium with any kind of loud noises or sudden movements.

Anyway have a pic of Robbie Savage:

Fun fact - not a single picture of Robbie Savage exists that is not funny. Conversely not a single moment of video exists of Robbie Savage that doesn't make you want to piss in his face.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Nice hair. I wonder if he takes fish oil.

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

TraderStav posted:

The Mash posted:

Casual Sounders Fan checking in - everyone in the lower bowl stands the whole game, it's just a Thing That Everyone Does, and it's made clear to anyone buying a ticket through official channels that everyone stands. I don't know if it's good or bad or whatever, but it's what happens.

Yelling guy is a super-douche and a four-year old trapped in a bald-guy's body. People who think the guy should have sat down for any reason are misinformed. He handled it well, all things considered. I would have told the guy to f-off rather quickly.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

Weaponized Cum posted:

Nice hair. I wonder if he takes fish oil.

Pretty sure he uses https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyZ7TfC5shU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ian Walker had the loveliest, 90s-est hair ever:

He tried so desperately to get an endorsement deal with hair product companies (he dropped their names in like every single interview) but none of them ever bit.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

LEADERSHIP

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

did someone say ARSENAL

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Banana Yaya posted:

If you want to stand and pretend you're in Europe in the 70s, every MLS team has a fan club section where you can go and be a poseur and have sing-a-longs and interpretive dance and stuff. Every other section is by default a "sitting section".

I enjoy soccer, I enjoy going to soccer games, but I think the biggest thing holding soccer back in this country is the snobby europoseurs who among other things, think it's their obligation to show American sports fans that they are "doing it wrong"

paint up a tifo during the half time interval of duke nukem doing a murder to them, these eurosnobs will soon take the hint

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

kri kri posted:

did someone say ARSENAL

I just remembered I have the Frank McLintock autobiography somewhere. I should see about scanning in some of the photos.

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

Banana Yaya posted:

Reminder that this is 100% not true, and in fact the entire lower bowl at Qwest/Clink is a labeled standing section. It says so when you buy the tickets, and everyone standing also gives it away, if you're the observant type. The only guy doing it wrong was the idiot who came down 5 rows to act like a literal man-child, and you are making stuff up!

PS the biggest thing holding back soccer in the US is that its not a top divison already (and other-football) but feel free to keep worrying about being labeled a nerd by association.

What's normal is what is normal. At sounders games standing is normal. Sorry your butt got hurt!

a top top lad
Feb 28, 2003

Triffic really. Proper player.
Did you miss nearly every other person in that section sitting down(yes, you can see people standing in adjacent sections, but nowhere near a majority)? Are you absolutely sure that specific section was one of the standing sections?

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Party in the UAE posted:

Reminder that this is 100% not true, and in fact the entire lower bowl at Qwest/Clink is a labeled standing section. It says so when you buy the tickets, and everyone standing also gives it away, if you're the observant type. The only guy doing it wrong was the idiot who came down 5 rows to act like a literal man-child, and you are making stuff up!

PS the biggest thing holding back soccer in the US is that its not a top divison already (and other-football) but feel free to keep worrying about being labeled a nerd by association.

What's normal is what is normal. At sounders games standing is normal. Sorry your butt got hurt!

Why was everyone else in the section sitting then?

The Mash posted:

This is the only sensible opinion.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

TraderStav posted:

Wow both of those guys are annoying as poo poo. It doesn't help that the standing goon had a domo-kun hat. Bomb Seattle.

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

a top top lad posted:

Did you miss nearly every other person in that section sitting down(yes, you can see people standing in adjacent sections, but nowhere near a majority)? Are you absolutely sure that specific section was one of the standing sections?

If you look a little farther away from the guy aggressively yelling about wanting someone to sit the hell down, you'll notice there are tons of people standing up. This is Seattle, remember, home of the passive aggressive and the easily cajoled. I'm surprised one loud dickhead didn't get the whole crowd to sit down, no one wants to get in any sort of conflict.

They are in the lower bowl, southeast corner. That's definitely a "standing" section. It's right above where I normally sit, in the little wedge section 116. It's not like they go around and force everyone to stand, but unless you're in the 200 level (the ring above the suites, which this incident was definitely below), it's a thing that you can and should stand. ESPECIALLY on the south side ffs.

Lamont Cranston posted:

Why was everyone else in the section sitting then?

Angry dickhead guy + you're allowed to sit, probably. It's not like Drew Carey comes up and forces you to stand. Remember, the tickets, when purchased, describe that people are going to stand.

I don't get how anyone could come to the defense of an adult man who literally scream in someones ear to get what he wants. If he's really in the right, he should go get security. My guess is security would have politely told him to stop being a yelling knob.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Terrible supporters imo, any self respecting ultra anywhere in the world would have stuck a flare in the guys' eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=494GUIZRzDs&t=53s

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 11, 2012

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Fascinating photos and videos

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

kri kri posted:

[img]Fascinating photos and videos[img]

This one is my fav

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Noel Gallagher watching the title win in a bar in Argentina.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Party in the UAE posted:

M8 it was just a c/p, I stand at every match. Look at my name, isn't it obvious I'm an eurosnob/europoseur?

Anyway, have a video - the last competitive game played at our old home, legendary funny-named Wankdorf Stadium. It's a tearjerker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7lNoQYizyE

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

Someone needs to repost that other angry american weekend website blogging about how soccer teams should give out socks instead of scarves.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Ahh Santiago, Chile. My favourite part of Argentina.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Adnar posted:

Ahh Santiago, Chile. My favourite part of Argentina.

:suicide: i'm an idiot.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Voluspa posted:

Someone needs to repost that other angry american weekend website blogging about how soccer teams should give out socks instead of scarves.

This one?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Banana Yaya posted:

M8 it was just a c/p, I stand at every match. Look at my name, isn't it obvious I'm an eurosnob/europoseur?

Anyway, have a video - the last competitive game played at our old home, legendary funny-named Wankdorf Stadium. It's a tearjerker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7lNoQYizyE

Ah, Lugano. Didn't they go bankrupt or something? In the 10 years I spent as a child going to the arcade next door, the Cornaredo Stadium has had nothing but kids practicing in it.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Coohoolin posted:

Ah, Lugano. Didn't they go bankrupt or something? In the 10 years I spent as a child going to the arcade next door, the Cornaredo Stadium has had nothing but kids practicing in it.

They went bankrupt in 2003 or 2004 and were re-established as AC Lugano. I think they've reverted to the FC Lugano name though. They're in the second division now and still play at the Cornaredo.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Robbie Brady scored a nice goal on his debut for Rep. of Ireland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f50x_5T6Elw

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
And Conor Henderson managed an absolute cracker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlhBcVKPIIA

hughsieblingwish
Sep 1, 2004

:love: Colly

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

Keeper got chipped a couple of times in that game. I think they worked him out.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

Wenger will coach that out of him soon enough :(

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rw-cuoIrRo

Drogba being interviewed by Graham Norton just before the FA cup final last leason (in which he says he will stay at Chelsea for many years to come lols).

It's pretty cool.

edit: and skip to about 6m in for his dancing

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

:patriot:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gary Lineker was not this blatant when he poo poo himself.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Ninpo posted:

Gary Lineker was not this blatant when he poo poo himself.
He deserves the name "Deuce" now it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

HAHA, when I saw this the Watch ESPN app on my iPad was loving up, and it came back to work just in time to loop this for about 2 minutes. Glad someone giffed it because its awesome.

Context: A USA player went down, I believe a JAM player was booked, and Dempsey made this face at said JAM player. Presumably because the fouler was trying to appeal with his face. Go USA.

• Locked thread