Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bub
Apr 9, 2001
ffffffffffff
I recommend Power Toggles for adding a customizable toggle widget. It can even add notification toggles for stock/non-touchwiz roms :)

bub fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Sep 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Doesn't look like AT&T has that yet, they must be really slow on pushing that update out.

And the controls will vary slightly by carrier too. Like T-Mobile doesn't have Mobile Data for example. There's also a root app that lets you mess with them.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

bub posted:

I recommend Power Toggles for adding a customizable toggle widget. It can even add notification toggles for stock/non-touchwiz roms :)

That did the trick. Thanks!

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice
I was looking to add the Google Sound Search widget to my home screen on my Sprint Galaxy Nexus running 4.1, and lo and behold, it's not there. Some google searches talk about unfreezing it with Titanium Backup, but it doesn't show up in the frozen app list.

What's going on, and how can I fix this?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

ninmeister posted:

I was looking to add the Google Sound Search widget to my home screen on my Sprint Galaxy Nexus running 4.1, and lo and behold, it's not there. Some google searches talk about unfreezing it with Titanium Backup, but it doesn't show up in the frozen app list.

What's going on, and how can I fix this?
This thing?

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice

Ah, yeah this thing. I guess I'm more curious in where is it officially? But thank you for the link, I'll give it a shot.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

bub posted:

I kept wondering why people recommended a widget program as a notification toggle option. Amazingly, once looked around I realized you can access it through the app drawer and not solely through the widget screen.
Thanks.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
What browsers people using on Jellybean? Unfortunately ICS+ browser doesn't work and the quick controls on the stock browser is lacking.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Chrome. Missing some features that the other browsers have, but goddamn if the syncing isn't invaluable.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
I've gone back to Opera Mobile. Fits my needs.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ragingsheep posted:

What browsers people using on Jellybean? Unfortunately ICS+ browser doesn't work and the quick controls on the stock browser is lacking.
I find the quick controls on the stock browser better than those in ICS Browser+.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Am I right in thinking there still isn't any way to boost volume of...well...anything on a GNex with JB?

I can never hear my phone ring in my pocket unless there is almost no other sound...like, in my car, but I have the radio turned off for some reason. I don't always feel it vibrate, either.

And if I have my phone plugged into the AUX port in my car stereo, I have the phone's media volume all the way up, and still have to have my car radio at around 80-90% volume.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Franco.Kernel will let you boost the volume if you are rooted. There is also Volume+ but I don't know if that works on JB.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Ragingsheep posted:

What browsers people using on Jellybean?
Still Opera Mobile.

I find that Chrome renders the desktop version of a number of sites poorly, sometimes worse than stock browser, and I don't like non-desktop versions.

The latest Firefox actually works pretty darn well for me, enough such that it almost replaces Opera. The one feature it's missing is text reflow on zoom. But that's kind of amazing to me, given just how awful the original Firefox Android releases were with their horrible UI. If Opera didn't exist, Firefox is probably what I'd use now.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Gyshall posted:

Franco.Kernel will let you boost the volume if you are rooted. There is also Volume+ but I don't know if that works on JB.
Franco's kernel only boosts the headphone volume and Volume+ does not work on Jelly Bean.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Still Opera Mobile.

I find that Chrome renders the desktop version of a number of sites poorly, sometimes worse than stock browser, and I don't like non-desktop versions.

The latest Firefox actually works pretty darn well for me, enough such that it almost replaces Opera. The one feature it's missing is text reflow on zoom. But that's kind of amazing to me, given just how awful the original Firefox Android releases were with their horrible UI. If Opera didn't exist, Firefox is probably what I'd use now.

I'm part of the Chrome ecosystem now (sync basically), but if Firefox did text reflow, I'd seriously consider switching to it. It's pretty nice nowadays, and like you, I'm surprised at how much it progressed.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Ragingsheep posted:

Chrome.

Opera and Chrome have a nice feature, where if you accidentally click on two links simultaneously, it would zoom in and let you press again on the correct one, instead of just brining you to the wrong page, like on stock.

Edit: because I'm stupid and can't read properly.

WienerDog fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 11, 2012

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Is it just me or does the desktop Play Store's history stop at the "F"s for some reason? It's really irritating...

Ragingsheep posted:

I'm currently running Chrome a lot on my NS4G (recently updated to 4.1.1). I use Chrome on my desktop as my sort-of main browser (I mostly switch between Firefox and Chrome as Firefox can handle tab groups and Chrome can't).

I haven't tried Firefox on my phone in a LONG time but I might try it again.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
^^^^^^because the history only allows for a limited list of entries so installing too many apps will exceed the limit^^^^^^

I tried the stock quick controls again and they seem better than I remembered them. I'm not used to not having all the options immediately there like ICS+ though.

The one thing I didn't like about Firefox when I used it a few months back was that a lot of sites have WebKit specific code due to the iPhone and thus the Firefox rendered mobile sites are quite basic in comparison (Google comes to mind).

Also, do any of the browsers allow you to do user agents on a site by site basis?

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Chrome krew
I find syncing among devices very useful, especially for my job.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

The settings panel on the Google Music app indicate I can download tracks from my library onto my phone. I can't figure out where to do this. Can someone help?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

me your dad posted:

The settings panel on the Google Music app indicate I can download tracks from my library onto my phone. I can't figure out where to do this. Can someone help?
Go to the tracks you want and pin them.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Looks like NFL cards on Google Now have finally started working.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Speaking of Google Music, the Bass Boost and 3D Sound options I. The Equalizer are greyed out in the JB version of Google Play Music for the Nexus S 4G.

This is incredibly weird because they both worked seemed to work just fine on ICS but seem to be broken on JB.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

ThermoPhysical posted:

Speaking of Google Music, the Bass Boost and 3D Sound options I. The Equalizer are greyed out in the JB version of Google Play Music for the Nexus S 4G.

This is incredibly weird because they both worked seemed to work just fine on ICS but seem to be broken on JB.
Go into Settings > Sound > Music Effects and make sure MusicFX is selected.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

LastInLine posted:

Go to the tracks you want and pin them.

Thanks - sorry to follow with another dumb question, but is there a way to see only the tracks/albums I've downloaded? I can't believe it isn't more obvious (unless it is).

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

me your dad posted:

Thanks - sorry to follow with another dumb question, but is there a way to see only the tracks/albums I've downloaded? I can't believe it isn't more obvious (unless it is).

Menu -> only show offline music?

rigeek
Jun 12, 2006

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Looks like NFL cards on Google Now have finally started working.

Hot drat. Just opened up Now, and it's there.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
I'm looking for a particular task app.

I'm a new homeowner, and I'd like to be reminded to do things around the house on a monthly basis (check the furnace filter, tighten screws, whatever). Sure, yeah, I can make a new google calendar appointment, but as soon as the day turns over, that 'task' is gone.

What I'm looking for is:
- Ability to do recurring tasks (weekly, monthly, yearly, etc)
- Syncs to a web client (Google tasks?)
- Has a widget so it's ALWAYS on my home screen

I'm currently using 'Tasks' which is fantastic, but it doesn't have a recurring feature.

Any idea?

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
If they're on the same day of the week/month each time, why not just make recurring appointments in Google Calendar with notifications turned on?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

BoyBlunder posted:

I'm looking for a particular task app.

I'm a new homeowner, and I'd like to be reminded to do things around the house on a monthly basis (check the furnace filter, tighten screws, whatever). Sure, yeah, I can make a new google calendar appointment, but as soon as the day turns over, that 'task' is gone.

What I'm looking for is:
- Ability to do recurring tasks (weekly, monthly, yearly, etc)
- Syncs to a web client (Google tasks?)
- Has a widget so it's ALWAYS on my home screen

I'm currently using 'Tasks' which is fantastic, but it doesn't have a recurring feature.

Any idea?

Try Regularly https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ugglynoodle.regularly

Edit: saw the second point; doesn't seem to sync to Google Tasks unfortunately.

Ragingsheep fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 11, 2012

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Splizwarf posted:

If they're on the same day of the week/month each time, why not just make recurring appointments in Google Calendar with notifications turned on?

If my phone reboots, the notifications will be gone.

I'm looking for something that I can check off as 'DONE' and not see it again for a month.

I haven't used Astrid in forever. Is that still a decent app? Will it do this?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

BoyBlunder posted:

If my phone reboots, the notifications will be gone.
Then check your notifications before you reboot your phone?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Then check your notifications before you reboot your phone?

I have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus that has issues randomly rebooting sometimes :gonk:, but that's beside the point.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

BoyBlunder posted:

I have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus that has issues randomly rebooting sometimes :gonk:, but that's beside the point.
I also have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Maybe yours needs replaced.

Looks like I went to the movies 6 weeks ago.

Jensen
Jun 4, 2006
FWIW ever since 4.0.4 my CDMA GNexus has never once rebooted. Nor has it done so on JB.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

I also have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Maybe yours needs replaced.

Looks like I went to the movies 6 weeks ago.

You turn your phone completely off at the movies? Why not just throw it into airplane mode?

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Vykk.Draygo posted:

You turn your phone completely off at the movies? Why not just throw it into airplane mode?

Because Android. I turn mine off at the movies too, sometimes even with Mute and Airplane on Android phones still find a way to spazz out once in a while.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Splizwarf posted:

Because Android. I turn mine off at the movies too, sometimes even with Mute and Airplane on Android phones still find a way to spazz out once in a while.

You must have the worst luck ever. No phone period, not Android or anything else I've ever owned, has done anything like that in the movies, and I just put it on vibrate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

big mean giraffe posted:

You must have the worst luck ever. No phone period, not Android or anything else I've ever owned, has done anything like that in the movies, and I just put it on vibrate.

This.

An audible "what the gently caress?" escaped me while reading his statement.

• Locked thread