Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Violent
Jan 17, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Troso is my bard. I added you to friends but it appears we might be on opposite time zones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Oh welp.

I done bummed a SoW and waddled my fat rear end over to EC yesterday and then spent most of the evening running after bears in Nek. Also confirming that I can't afford to buy anything at EC. So next plan is to get my troll to Crushbone for SBS and Screaming Mace. Though I need some levels before that, I'm only 7 at the moment.

Any other good ideas for somewhat acquirable low level shaman weapons? Screaming Mace is the only one I can think of that I got at least some chance of getting myself.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 6, 2012

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
You're gonna ruin your dark elf warrior guild faction by hunting in Crushbone. Also, how do you plan on getting there without getting flayed?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Noah posted:

You're gonna ruin your dark elf warrior guild faction by hunting in Crushbone. Also, how do you plan on getting there without getting flayed?

Well if slipping on boat in Freeport through the tunnels etc wasn't manageable, port to BB I guess. I didn't know about the faction hit though :saddowns:

But gently caress that then, got few enough safe cities as it is.

edit*
By the way, did "body pulling" work in EQ? As in, stand close enough to a group of mobs to grab the aggro of one and pull it away? I found a pile of zombies in Nek but didn't have the balls to try it since it would've been a long CR back.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 6, 2012

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
You would have gotten wrecked. But, zombies and mummies are supposed to have lower base run speed than players, while ghouls have higher.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Fewd posted:

By the way, did "body pulling" work in EQ? As in, stand close enough to a group of mobs to grab the aggro of one and pull it away? I found a pile of zombies in Nek but didn't have the balls to try it since it would've been a long CR back.

Yes, that works, but it's a chain reaction. It depends a lot on your level versus the level of the mob. The more under a mob you are in levels, the sooner he'll see you. Then, he'll tell everyone around him about you - and again, the more under a mob you are, the larger his "announce" area is.

So a lot of it depends on your level, the mobs level, and how tightly they're all standing together.

Also, if you're a class/race that has sneak, if the OTHER mobs are facing away from you, sneak. They'll all con indifferent. Then you can hit one, and as long as your sneak doesn't break until the aggro mob is far enough away from the others, he'll come solo.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

I don't suppose there are any goons with blacksmithing playing this? I've been trying to spam EC for a large banded armor set but not really having any luck with it.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I don't know any active smiths (though I'm not really that active myself at the moment), but you might have more luck asking on the P1999 forums, either the server forum or the EC tunnel forum.

Violent
Jan 17, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Ebon (DE Cleric in my Guild) can make some high level blacksmithing items. I am certain he could help.

Twaan
Apr 3, 2009
Is Invalid Guild dead? Where are any goons now guilded?
I have an Iksar SK (glutton for punishment) I am thinking of leveling.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
IG is still pretty much dead as far as I know. Random old players and EC alts are on occasionally but that is about it. If people want invites so they can be under the same tag I'm always happy to log on and hook you up, just let me know.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Twaan posted:

Is Invalid Guild dead? Where are any goons now guilded?
I have an Iksar SK (glutton for punishment) I am thinking of leveling.

What level are you? In the commonlands area I constantly bump into <Go Team Good Guys> which is sort of a leveling guild or something with a lot of low level members. Coincidentally, I think the Ebon mentioned above handles their invites.

Almost joined them once myself too but then Ebon went LD or something while we were talking and I haven't been online much last couple days either.

Violent posted:

Ebon (DE Cleric in my Guild) can make some high level blacksmithing items. I am certain he could help.

How's your bard and/or that troll warrior doing? My shammy is 14 so could go farm those sisters some day.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Sep 12, 2012

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Violent posted:

Ebon's a good guy. Today I was helping a guildie retrieve his shaman's corpse from a particularly nasty corpse run in Warslik's Woods. Fun fact - falling off the cliffs with levitate fading is a death sentence for most players :v:

Ebon was cordial in /ooc and even went so far as to offer to come back to Warslik's after a corpse run in Sebilis to help out. Working on getting a shimmering pearl turned in for his Ragefire kill. Was a huge help this afternoon.

That being said, I can also smith banded armor, but the large patterns are tough to obtain by myself as an Iksar. If you get the patterns I can craft them easily in Neriak and deliver the armor your way in EC Wednesday night (EST).

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
Back in this loving blackhole of a game as Slapowicks (30 Necro). My friend is also jumping back in as a 26 warrior/40 druid, not really sure what I'm hoping for this time around. I just know I won't be sitting in EC for 8 hours at a time like I did before, because that poo poo stopped being fun when you realize you won't trade your way up to a Manastone ;/

I haven't seen anyone in IG chat for days, where are all you monkeys at

Nilbog Resident
Dec 23, 2005

X Y v ^
God dammit I'm getting another random urge to play a little p99 again.

I was a level 30something Shaman that I stopped playing, Splitlip, who thought it would be neat to go on to play a Ranger, Elayd.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

got my monk epic, then promptly cut back on eq time because of borderlands 2.

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
Got another friend in so we're functioning as a necromancer, shaman, and warrior it's pretty loving great.

Want to buy a higher level cleric though 45-50+. Any you goons looking to sell?

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
Edit removing personal info.

Victory Lap fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 2, 2014

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
Hey so I got a bunch of messages I'm still sorting through, I unfortunately can't seperate the characters since the mage/monk are on the same login, and all of them are under the same eqemu account. I do wish I could just make the logins public, so the various people who want to use the mage for farming, or cleric for PLing, or whatever could do so, but that would just inevitably end up with some jerk stripping the accounts and deleting the characters to ruin it for everyone.

I'll ship off the account info tomorrow to someone - I'm glad lots of people are still enjoying play on p99, I just personally have waaay too addictive of a personality to play it without playing it far, far too much.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I sometimes think about coming back. I wish there was a modern MMO that would use the same mechanics (slow regens, camping at single spots, slow combat). It probably wouldn't be very popular though.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I plan on playing again eventually, I just have too much going on at the moment to play in a way that's enjoyable. Logging on a few times a week to hang out in EC is not as fun as it used to be, especially when most of the people I talk to are trying to coerce me into raiding or something else I don't have time for.

VL, Hopefully whoever ends up with your accounts can enjoy playing them and isn't just going to strip and sell them for :10bux:. Sucks to see that you won't be giving Velious a shot but I understand the feelings about returning to the end game for sure.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Ffffffffuuuuuuccccckkkk

I got a wiz to 60 in like no time at all. Quad kiting is nuts and I got in on a few Chardok AE groups to get through 59 in about 4 days.

Tried logging back into my 56 Ogre SK :smith:.

I'm playing other games, but I may try logging in someday and see if I can bribe my Ogre into an AE group.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

Victory Lap posted:

I really just want to eliminate any temptation to play this tremendous timesink again.

I'm guessing you're the mage that Equiss joined IB with. I'm impressed you made it to 57 before getting burnt out.

I've been thinking of giving the chanter away as well, but I doubt anyone really wants a 50 enc that quit before PoS even came out. I also gave all his dragon/boss loot back to the guild, so his equipment is mostly hate-gear and old-world quest stuff which blows these days I'm sure.

I logged back in to see if it was still active, and he had literally 0pp on him or in the bank. That's what I get for giving the guild leader his login info I guess.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm sure someone would get use out of a planar geared 50 enc. I had a buddy leave one to me when he quit to play Rift and I used it all the time when I was still playing. It's max JC also which is a bonus.

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
Editted for removal of personal info

Victory Lap fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 2, 2014

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Victory Lap = yaaflow? Or are we talking about another IB mage, cause I know not of another goon mage in IB beside myself and Yaaflow.

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
Still looking to buy a higher up cleric (45+).

Edit: I saw goons on the other day, Jeah and someone else I think. Was nice. Someone from Acyrid apparently used to be in IG as well, got a couple of tells about it the other day. As someone who's about to be approaching the semblance of the end game (45-46 nec) I'm pretty excited to see what all the fuss is/was about.

EllEssDee fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 16, 2012

Funkutron5000
Jan 21, 2010
There's a goon in Acyrid besides me? No poo poo. I guess it's not that surprising.

first place winna
Apr 30, 2009

Funkutron5000 posted:

There's a goon in Acyrid besides me? No poo poo. I guess it's not that surprising.

There's more than one!

I am online as Arboreus or Piethief most times and am more than pleased to goon it up in game, please hit me up for low 50s and 30s xp.

And cultural smithing!

Fryedegg
Jan 13, 2004
Everquest killed my libido (and my cat). 8(
Started playing this last week with a couple of friends (one of whom is a goon). I'm running a level 12 bard at the moment, and loving every minute of it. Decided to level in EC/WC because I can just beg for buffs from people selling their wares at the tunnel.

My name is, not surprisingly, Fryedegg. My buddies are all 11-12 as of last night.

If anyone has some spare Bard/Shaman/Enchanter gear they want to donate, we would be in your debt. We've been pretty much spending our coin on spells and are so under geared compared to the majority of other people we see.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

Victory Lap posted:

Whoa is that actually Equiss? Much love dude, changed my SA forum name but I've still got you in my phone; 480 area code?

Yea I'm Equiss, the 480 number is still good too so hit me up some time.

I don't remember how much plat was in his bank when I quit. He's 270+ JC though, and I made crap-loads of pp from that on top of all the plat from soloing freeti and guk lord/king all the drat time. I'd imagine it was quite a bit.

Hibajubwa fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 21, 2012

XenZakki
Apr 18, 2007
I AM YOUR PANTS
Any goons playing on P99 RED?

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

I think im the only active goon in <Divinity> anymore

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Lakedaimon posted:

I think im the only active goon in <Divinity> anymore

Probably. I didn't realize there were any other's besides me in the guild. I haven't logged on in ages but I still follow the forums for some reason.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Prophecy120 posted:

Probably. I didn't realize there were any other's besides me in the guild. I haven't logged on in ages but I still follow the forums for some reason.

its Thoth :p i thought we went way back man

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Meh, any update on how Nilbog is doing with Velious? i have a semi-itch to play an MMO.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Lakedaimon posted:

its Thoth :p i thought we went way back man

Ah! I didn't know your SA name. It's been a while bud.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Me and another Goon are going to give p99 a shot, we both played EQ back in Kunark/Velius days. How many active goons are there? Are there any guilds on the server with a goon squad type atmosphere?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
It's difficult to stay on top of, but there's still a small, friendly contingent of SA users on the project99 blue server. I know of 4-5, including myself, in Bregan D'Aerth and another couple of goons in Divinity and The Mystical Order.

Level of activity kind of ebbs and flows, but feel free to /friend a sampling of the listed players in the OP and see who you can find online. In the past 2 months, I've met several new players to the server that way.

As for the guild question, what kind of guild atmosphere are you looking for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?
Ok, against my much better judgment, I am in as Zaford the halfling rogue. Is there an updated list of people who still play that may be able to provide a helping hand? The OP one is empty. :\

• Locked thread