Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pacman
May 7, 2003

PARADOL EX FAN CLUB
In Mass Effect 4, Sheperd is going to wake up on the original Normandy. No one is going to know anything about Reapers. You make your way to the front of the ship and walk into Kaiden and Joker wondering aloud why a Turian Spectre would be on a shakedown run for an Alliance ship.

When you go to Eden Prime, you save Jenkins' life due to your mysterious foresight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

pacman posted:

In Mass Effect 4, Sheperd is going to wake up on the original Normandy. No one is going to know anything about Reapers. You make your way to the front of the ship and walk into Kaiden and Joker wondering aloud why a Turian Spectre would be on a shakedown run for an Alliance ship.

When you go to Eden Prime, you save Jenkins' life due to your mysterious foresight.

You'll then be able to wake up Jarvik early, and thus somehow be able to save other Protheans as well.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Magil of Shadow posted:

You'll then be able to wake up Jarvik early, and thus somehow be able to save other Protheans as well.

And then you will be able to preempt all the vorcha fan breaking and thus everywhere in the universe will be 20 degrees cooler. The various races won't want to continue fighting because no one is miserable anymore, and it will turn out the geth only get violent when they overheat. No fan will ever have to live in fear again.

Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011
While everyone is busy building the Crucible in peace, Shepard is out solving their daddy issues.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

I'd play a spin-off starring Zaeed. Experience some of those badass merc stories in person. :zaeed:

Or they could do a Devil May Cry style action game starring someone like Kasumi or Kai Leng.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Is it worth buying the extra-fancy Spectre weapons just for your squad mates?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

waah posted:

And then you will be able to preempt all the vorcha fan breaking and thus everywhere in the universe will be 20 degrees cooler. The various races won't want to continue fighting because no one is miserable anymore, and it will turn out the geth only get violent when they overheat. No fan will ever have to live in fear again.

And when Kai Leng shows up to deal with the Salarian Councillor, he finds an empty room and turns around to greet an omni-blade to the face.
Thane then wonders why on earth Shepard yells 'that was for Thane, you son of a bitch.'

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Really Pants posted:

Is it worth buying the extra-fancy Spectre weapons just for your squad mates?

Garrus is pretty handy with the Black Widow, especially if you spec him for sniper rifle damage. The other Spectre guns don't really seem all that effective on squad mates.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

pacman posted:

But you do drop Williams with a bullet to the head while muttering "...stupid alcoholic fundie..."

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Go to collect Jack, shoot the warden when you board.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kill Saren on Eden Prime, Paragon/Renegade speech options to get Sovereign as a squad member.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

Really Pants posted:

Kill Saren on Eden Prime, Paragon/Renegade speech options to get Sovereign as a squad member.

In the form of a sexualized robot body, because Bioware.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
You take the blue dialog, the story ends. You wake up on the Normandy and defeat the Reapers however you want to. You take the red dialog, you stay on the Citadel, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

FronzelNeekburm posted:

You take the blue dialog, the story ends. You wake up on the Normandy and defeat the Reapers however you want to. You take the red dialog, you stay on the Citadel, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Anderson punches out Morpheus, because Keith David is always gonna be way cooler than Laurence Fishburne.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Rare Collectable posted:

Or they could do a Devil May Cry style action game starring someone like Kasumi or Kai Leng.

Only if every level a gunship has to save you because you're so poo poo.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Zombies' Downfall posted:

The best of these is how sniper rifles are basically useless until you have like 8/15 points in the Sniper Rifle skill, because until then what your reticle indicates is that Shep has parkinson's disease. Somewhere out there is a guy who went through the game using them on a class that wasn't Infiltrator or Soldier, and that's hilarious.

EDIT: Also I have to add that I have no clue how you crazy people have beaten any of these games 10+ times, I dunno whether it's more absurd to imagine you reading all the dialogue every single time or skipping all the plot stuff because you can't wait to shoot all the Geth for the 20th time

People got on me about this too ages ago! They said I just sucked and I was all like "No, I can't get this asswipe to aim straight!" Then finally there were people that admitted that you had to load points into SR's to get it to work right.

I ended up killing everything with my trusty side arm. Love pistols.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

TyroneGoldstein posted:

People got on me about this too ages ago! They said I just sucked and I was all like "No, I can't get this asswipe to aim straight!" Then finally there were people that admitted that you had to load points into SR's to get it to work right.

I ended up killing everything with my trusty side arm. Love pistols.

Ironically enough, the highest DPS achievable in ME1 comes from an infiltrator wielding a pistol with dual scram rails.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

pacman posted:

I honestly wouldn't mind something like an alternate universe where all of ME2 and ME3 never happened, just rewriting everything that came after 1 to introduce new threats and chances to explore more of the universe from an ME1 mindset. And obviously, they'd bring back the Mako. And maybe rides on elevators.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Two Finger posted:

Anderson punches out Morpheus, because Keith David is always gonna be way cooler than Laurence Fishburne.

I will hear no disparaging remarks about Cowboy Curtis :clint:

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
I don't know if this is old news or if it has already circulated the thread if it is, because I haven't gotten the game yet (I'm replaying my ME2 save) and don't want to risk spoilers (I've managed to keep from learning anything about the plot this entire time, don't want to ruin that now), but I thought I'd drop the news here that Amazon has the Digital Deluxe version available for download for $20.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

A loving Elkoss Combine license?! :negative:

I always knew Conrad Verner would turn out to be the real villain.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Really Pants posted:

Tell me about it! In my ME3 runs thus far, I've either had the writings, or I've had the licence - never both. But no longer! When I was taking my new Engineer through ME1, I made *drat loving sure* to get both :colbert:

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Really Pants posted:

Possibly the best moment in the entire series.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
I've literally not touched ME since I finished the third game. Is the updated ending worth a play-through, and is Leviathan worth a download?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Really Pants posted:

Fetch quest where you capture a crying Vido and deliver him to Zaeed, who although surprised at the mystery gift, is grateful and in exchange agrees to walk right up to Udina on the Citadel and put a slug between his eyes in broad daylight.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
argh quote is not edit

Make a stop by the Gernsback, radio down to Ronald Taylor that his son Jason says 'hi,' then fly away and tell the Alliance nothing was down there.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

DarkHorse posted:

I've literally not touched ME since I finished the third game. Is the updated ending worth a play-through, and is Leviathan worth a download?

Not really and yes.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The Krysae sniper rifle is kind of a bland piece of poo poo for how cool it sounds on paper.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

DarkHorse posted:

You can watch pretty much all the new content for the EC on YouTube -- most of it comes in the form of cutscenes and slides. Opinions vary on its quality. I think it turned an inexcusable ending into one that's merely kind of bad.

Leviathan's decent. Well-crafted, fun set-pieces, but with a lack of any serious moral choices and a story that goes a bit nonsensical at the end.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Dan Didio posted:

The Krysae sniper rifle is kind of a bland piece of poo poo for how cool it sounds on paper.

The Krysae was kind of a "noob tube" in multiplayer when it first came out, it fired pretty powerful projectiles that were AOE so you could spawn camp and just destroy everything, or lock down tough enemies like Phantoms with no effort since you didn't even have to aim. It has since been nerfed to the point of uselessness. I don't have the weapon pack so I don't know if the single player version is the original one or the now lovely online one.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dan Didio posted:

I think the main problem I have with it is that the AOE damage seems to be significantly smaller than the explosion actually looks when you see it.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

evilmiera posted:

I honestly wouldn't mind something like an alternate universe where all of ME2 and ME3 never happened, just rewriting everything that came after 1 to introduce new threats and chances to explore more of the universe from an ME1 mindset. And obviously, they'd bring back the Mako. And maybe rides on elevators.

I'd actually consider paying for this or a Mass Effect 3: Redux with all the good parts that were cut restored and a rewrite on the parts where the ball was dropped in the storyline and design handling.

As much as that'll likely never happen, and despite how sour I was over the endings fiasco and how lovely they handled character dialogs from when I last posted in thread, I still cling to a bit of fool's hope. Hell, I'm still debating the Leviathan DLC since I keep bickering with myself over what's the point since it's not really going to affect anything besides war assets so the multiplayer becomes more of a 'if I want to' instead of a 'have to' thing.

Though speaking of the Leviathan DLC, has there been anything released as to numbers sold since we were all debating how well it'd sell in light of how the ending fiasco went?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I think the main problem I have with it is that the AOE damage seems to be significantly smaller than the explosion actually looks when you see it.

I didn't even realize there was AOE damage.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Pattonesque posted:

Leviathan's decent. Well-crafted, fun set-pieces, but with a lack of any serious moral choices and a story that goes a bit nonsensical at the end.

Not to mention there's next to no mention of it at the ending. Perhaps 15 seconds of extra dialogue, that's it.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr. Abysmal posted:

The Krysae was kind of a "noob tube" in multiplayer when it first came out, it fired pretty powerful projectiles that were AOE so you could spawn camp and just destroy everything, or lock down tough enemies like Phantoms with no effort since you didn't even have to aim. It has since been nerfed to the point of uselessness. I don't have the weapon pack so I don't know if the single player version is the original one or the now lovely online one.

There are so few enemies in singleplayer that it'd be nowhere nearly as game breaking as in multiplayer.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.
The difference in single player DLC for ME2 vs ME3 is STRIKING.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Cellophane S posted:

The difference in single player DLC for ME2 vs ME3 is STRIKING.
How's that?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

M_Sinistrari posted:

Though speaking of the Leviathan DLC, has there been anything released as to numbers sold since we were all debating how well it'd sell in light of how the ending fiasco went?

For what it's worth, no one in my circle of friends has purchased Leviathan. Neither have I. That's half a dozen people who purchased every bit of DLC for Mass Effect 1 and 2.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Milky Moor posted:

For what it's worth, no one in my circle of friends has purchased Leviathan. Neither have I. That's half a dozen people who purchased every bit of DLC for Mass Effect 1 and 2.
Same here. I've bought every piece I've found for ME2 and I still haven't gotten Leviathan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Does anyone know of a way to extract the biotic explosion sound clip? Or some other way to obtain it?

e:
found it in: SFXGame.844

TheDK fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 12, 2012

• Locked thread