Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
All the $1000 pledges are sold out :/

Fuckin' shucks, buster!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Hussie's signing hand is going to drop off after this kickstarter.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Dolash posted:

Right now he's up to about 3700 prints he's going to have to sign and nearly 3000 physical copies of the game, I think.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Dolash posted:

But that's also his drawing hand. :ohdear:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Dolash posted:

Mr. Hussie? A recommendation? Buy a stamp.

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine
Haha wow, they are so teenage.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Now there's something worth a fuckin' shucks, buster.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

All the while, Nannasprite has her ear up to the kitchen door listening to their TEENAGE DRAMA.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

It sounds like John is turning into some sort of Dave/Karkat hybrid. :v:

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
And so launched a thousand fresh shipping fics.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Line Feed posted:

It sounds like John is turning into some sort of Dave/Karkat hybrid. :v:

It sounds like John has been locked up with a single couple and a couple of thousand newts for two years.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Triskelli posted:

Mr. Hussie? A recommendation? Buy a stamp.

Well,

That kinda counts, right?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Put a handful of teenagers (or anyone, really) on a spaceship with nobody but a bunch of video game NPCs to talk to and they'll be pretty on edge after a couple years, I guess, even if there are a lot of video game NPCs and also a cat and a grandma. They seem to be handling the trip worse than the meteor crew, actually, though I suppose that might be invalidated when the walkaround continues and we get to see what's the deal with Karkat these days.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Mystic Mongol posted:

It sounds like John has been locked up with a single couple and a couple of thousand newts for two years.

I'm pretty sure he could leave any time if he REALLY wanted to but that would be a huge dick move to Jade.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
"Oh hey, this is a pretty good update. Dammit, I'm on the last page. Wonder what Hussie's gonna finish off John's rant wi- :stare:"

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

jonjonaug posted:

I'm pretty sure he could leave any time if he REALLY wanted to but that would be a huge dick move to Jade.

No, he couldn't. Jade was only capable of using her First Guardian powers to teleport things to the Green Sun for the first few minutes of their journey, and also the meteor was only at the Green Sun for those few minutes anyway. Unless you're talking about something else I've forgotten about.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

jonjonaug posted:

Nah, he lost that option when battleship and meteor left the universe. Until they reach a new universe, he's stuck on the battleship. (Which is why Jade yelled at him to hurry with his bucket note, they were rapidly losing their window of opportunity).

Honestly right now it looks like Davesprite is the one hardest off--he's got no one to talk to at all. They're not getting the dream bubbles, he broke up with Jade, I can't picture those crocodiles being thrilling conversationalists, and Jaspersprite doesn't get along with him at all. But I guess the veteran of a doomed timeline is used to hanging out alone.

:smith:

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Bongo Bill posted:

No, he couldn't. Jade was only capable of using her First Guardian powers to teleport things to the Green Sun for the first few minutes of their journey, and also the meteor was only at the Green Sun for those few minutes anyway. Unless you're talking about something else I've forgotten about.

Ah, you're right, never mind.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

quote:

JADE: i was just too young to see how it was actually a flagrant vehicle for selling merchandise

You don't say :allears:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Mystic Mongol posted:

Honestly right now it looks like Davesprite is the one hardest off--he's got no one to talk to at all. They're not getting the dream bubbles

Actually, John got knocked out and woke up in the dream bubble Meenah was in, and I think he said somewhere back in intermission 1 he met trolls who had no idea who he was because they were dead offshoot timeline ones. I could be misremembering though.

That being said, not sure if Davesprite doesn't get dream bubbles because he's a sprite.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 12, 2012

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Jade posted:

you spent your whole life worshiping this dumb movie and now your calling ME naive????
Ugh! Jade, your and you're aren't the same! I hope that gets fixed. :)

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Fister Roboto posted:

I don't know why you're saying something like that when literally dozens of people are frantically F-5ing their keyboards for the sheer privilege of paying $255+ for random Snout plushies.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

David Copperfield posted:

I don't know why you're saying something like that when literally dozens of people are frantically F-5ing their keyboards for the sheer privilege of paying $255+ for random Snout plushies.

That is, in fact, the exact reason he is saying something like that.

I assume.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mystic Mongol posted:

Nah, he lost that option when battleship and meteor left the universe. Until they reach a new universe, he's stuck on the battleship. (Which is why Jade yelled at him to hurry with his bucket note, they were rapidly losing their window of opportunity).

Honestly right now it looks like Davesprite is the one hardest off--he's got no one to talk to at all. They're not getting the dream bubbles, he broke up with Jade, I can't picture those crocodiles being thrilling conversationalists, and Jaspersprite doesn't get along with him at all. But I guess the veteran of a doomed timeline is used to hanging out alone.

Maybe Nanasprite will have a word with him.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Bongo Bill posted:

That is, in fact, the exact reason he is saying something like that.

I assume.

Yeah, :thejoke:

Also it's a good thing earth was destroyed because if not John would be barreling straight toward an E/N thread like some sort of flame-decal'd jetpack.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Looks like the hormoans are kicking in.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

John's change in character has me stunned.

Omp
Sep 8, 2012

by T. Mascis

Mystic Mongol posted:

It's probably not that bad. He's got Jaspersprite and Nannasprite and John to talk to, not to mention he might have access to dream bubbles (sprite rules are ambiguous there).

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
The whole alternate timeline thing was depressing in general. Remember reluctant alcoholic Rose?

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

David Copperfield posted:

The whole alternate timeline thing was depressing in general. Remember reluctant alcoholic Rose?

And now Davesprite probably thinks at least one if not both of the very people he went back in time and beta'd himself to save won't want to hang out with him anymore. :smith:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

We haven't seen Davesprite do anything really character-revealing since he was still in the session. It'd be nice to see what's up with that guy.

John's characteristic obliviousness has advanced to the stage where it manifests as expectedly adolescent overbearing self-centeredness. I predict that at the end of the next intermission, he and Jade will be fighting, because she is sick of everyone's horseshit (in an expectedly adolescent manner, of course). This will complicate their entry into the new session. The path to reconciliation will begin with encounters with their ancestors, probably. Unless Nannasprite intervenes.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Nice to know they're all having a happy day. :rolleyes:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm going to make a wild guess and say that Dave isn't such an insufferable prick anymore.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds
...Yep, that is certainly what I would expect from a pair of unrelated teenagers of compatable gender who we just missed a year with.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Happy birthday John. Enjoy your newly-unwrapped teen angst.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

About what was to be expected.

- John is getting teenagery and getting kinda assholeish.
- He and Jade have gotten comfortable enough with each other that he's treating her like a sister and stopped caring about always being nice to her. (reminds me a lot of my sister and I watching terrible movies together)
- Of course Jade and Davesprite hooked up, given that there were hints at the last intermission that they might have started dating. Will be interesting to see the reasons given for breaking up. Is this Davesprite being neurotic about not being the Real Dave, for example?
- Still haven't quite figured out what John's deal is with Davesprite's name. Last "year" he called him Dave instead of Davesprite, and now he forces a space in there.
- I probably should actually watch ConAir at some point, huh?
- I have a terrible feeling tumblr is going to obsess over how a feather got on the couch.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
Looks like year two for these guys is gonna be John's 'Order of the Phoenix' stage.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Blood Nightmaster posted:

Looks like year two for these guys is gonna be John's 'Order of the Phoenix' stage.

Good thing we're only seeing one day of it.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Bobulus posted:

About what was to be expected.

- John is getting teenagery and getting kinda assholeish.
- He and Jade have gotten comfortable enough with each other that he's treating her like a sister and stopped caring about always being nice to her. (reminds me a lot of my sister and I watching terrible movies together)
- Of course Jade and Davesprite hooked up, given that there were hints at the last intermission that they might have started dating. Will be interesting to see the reasons given for breaking up. Is this Davesprite being neurotic about not being the Real Dave, for example?
- Still haven't quite figured out what John's deal is with Davesprite's name. Last "year" he called him Dave instead of Davesprite, and now he forces a space in there.
- I probably should actually watch ConAir at some point, huh?
- I have a terrible feeling tumblr is going to obsess over how a feather got on the couch.

Oh please, they're not THAT juven

...ah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Fister Roboto posted:

Let's be honest. You would buy a duttle.

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

Good thing we're only seeing one day of it.
A Homestuck day is just a little shorter than a Ulysses day.

snucks fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 12, 2012