Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

you get 100 points on that scale if you get ulillilla to post here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

Ian McLean posted:

Haven't you seen the statistics for broswer usage these days? I'll upload it to statpedia right now: http://statpedia.com/staging/week-2...wsers_stats.asp

+1, Informative

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
Everyone keeps posting garbage. Way messed up. Just want to make nice things look ugly?

I don't want to be on these forums anymore. There are too many no good people. I don't need to be running around cleaning up other people's garbage.

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

Ian McLean posted:

Everyone keeps posting garbage. Way messed up. Just want to make nice things look ugly?

I don't want to be on these forums anymore. There are too many no good people. I don't need to be running around cleaning up other people's garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4an5bT-vY8

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c31CxETkzsw

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
cinemare failed to raise $350k to make a port of amiga classic 'wings' the stupid fuckers just make the loving game and sell it why are you begging for money on the internet you clowns if you cant do it let somebody else do it gently caress off

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
god drat bumclowns really grip my poo poo

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

there is actually an internet community based around weather channel's weatherstar cable company head units or whatever its pretty scary

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
if cactus frankie endorses this im in

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
So there's this kickstarter:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1318318905/creative-commons-fantasy-portrait-marathon

quote:

Hey everyone in Kickstarter Land,

I'm a fledgling entertainment artist / art student and lover of free culture.

I intend to create a set of at least THIRTY freely licensed Fantasy Portraits crafted in a painterly style, to be used in games and media by anyone! All of the portraits will be released dually under both the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike license and GPL 3.0. These portraits will be created using solely Free/Libre software (GIMP Primarily) and are being crafted specifically for the FLARE project (formerly OSARE), a Free/Libre computer game currently being developed with inspiration from games like Diablo and Heroes of Might and Magic. But because of the license I am choosing, they will likely be used in a great many free/libre media projects, from other video and computer games of different varieties, to print board games and rpgs, to modules and adventure scenarios or for use in other media.

Now this is where you come in. I need to raise money to continue my education next semester with the fine people at Concept Art Academy in Pasadena, and I want to complete this portrait set during my holiday break. The above image is a self portrait I made in the style I intend to use for this collection, and major supporters of the project will have their likeness used in fantasy portraits that will be featured in the fantasy computer game FLARE mentioned above! Here's a copy of the image as it will appear in game dialogs:

Above, I mentioned I would paint at least thirty portraits because it is possible I could reach my funding goals with fewer than thirty supporters, and in that case I would do additional portraits to reach my goal of thirty, but if I have more supporters than thirty than I will do as many as there are people who want them!

So I'll keep this somewhat short and sweet. The holidays are coming up, FLARE is shaping up into a game with amazing potential and support of this project will get you a painted portrait of yourself as a fantasy hero, you will have your likeness featured in a video game and you will be allowing me to continue my art education so I can make more freely licensed art and games in the future! It's a win win win win.

tl;dr: nerd working on a ~free/libre open source~ fantasy RPG game wants some art assets, uses kickstarter to sell commissioned art he draws of people as rpg characters

the community gets free-licensed art, nerds get to live our their dorky fantasy of seeing themselves in an RPG and some shitstain gets a free ride to a part time videogame art college

here's what you get for your money:

whats up wayne rooney

im the dog

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

I don't want to have sex with any of those people but I want to pet that dog

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

DNova posted:

this is me p much all the time

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

DNova posted:

the k9 one bottom right or the bdsm slave one 2nd row from the bottom middle?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

why are these fantasy people wearing modern glasses!!!

MY IMMERSION

o wait are they for a larp computer game how does that work

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
welp, that steampunk arm was funded over three months ago so im sure the $200 backer got his steam-powered arm last month as promised, but somehow i can't find any pictures of the finished product or acknowledgement of project completion or new steampunk arms available for sale on the inventor's etsy. in fact there have been no new references to the project whatsoever in the last three months according to google. it's as if that $540 in donations just disappeared into a black hole?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Ian McLean posted:

The window I opened is rapidly closing.

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn
A Kickstarter Contributor:

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ian McLean posted:

we did it everyone

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Ian McLean posted:

How can you take your ball and go home like this, when the first girl you ever met cut it off?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ian McLean posted:

you should hafe lurked more

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
Thanks for blocking that page cosby. The moderator tools are coming. :)

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
I am going to take the statpedia ratings feature and apply it to be a scroll over feature on search results. If a new version is rated poorly, it will keep reverting back until it no longer exists within search for moderators to review.

Then if people take advantage of this feature, we will just have locked versions and special permissions to edit content.

People will also be able to make collaborative groups for things where they can grant permissions.

Obviously people need to be able to lock edits if they are using themselves as a source.

hmm.

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

just give up and go back to your stupid lovely business school stuff

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

Ian McLean posted:

I am going to take the statpedia ratings feature and apply it to be a scroll over feature on search results. If a new version is rated poorly, it will keep reverting back until it no longer exists within search for moderators to review.

Then if people take advantage of this feature, we will just have locked versions and special permissions to edit content.

People will also be able to make collaborative groups for things where they can grant permissions.

Obviously people need to be able to lock edits if they are using themselves as a source.

hmm.

i hope your rear end in a top hat gets raped+aids

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
rule #1: never give the users what they want

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Markov Chain Chomp posted:

i hope your rear end in a top hat gets raped+aids

who says that? I am just honestly laughing at this point. I think you have some serious anger management issues dude.

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

Ian McLean posted:

who says that? I am just honestly laughing at this point. I think you have some serious anger management issues dude.

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

cheer up Mark! I am sure your stock will bounce back after everyone realizes the world isn't going to end in 2012.

The world of internet users is only increasing. You already have your foot in the door. Perhaps acquire some more games?

I do admit to purchasing virtual gold in WoW some years back. There are so many browser speed limitations. I imagine browser/phone games will be incredibly more powerful in time to come.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ian McLean posted:

who says that? I am just honestly laughing at this point.

roll with those punches, youre doing great

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Ian McLean posted:

im calm. calm as a bee

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
im really mad.

mad about whatever this is about.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Ian McLean posted:

yo Ian here's a tip you might want to look into blocking all <script> tags and related things like onclick attributes etc, maybe also <style> tags and so on as well. have them filtered out on the server side after the form has been submitted so it's not easy to bypass

it will make your wiki much less fun to vandalise than it currently is

thanks and god bless

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
I guess the pressure is on for you to make a profit.

Hmmm... how to legitimately make a profit with a social gaming platform.

What do I want to do when I play games.... I want to eat. Perhaps develop an advertising platform based on local delivery and eating places.

Ian McLean fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Sep 15, 2012

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

mods namechange posted:

yo Ian here's a tip you might want to look into blocking all <script> tags and related things like onclick attributes etc, maybe also <style> tags and so on as well. have them filtered out on the server side after the form has been submitted so it's not easy to bypass

it will make your wiki much less fun to vandalise than it currently is

thanks and god bless

cool thanks

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
we're here to help :tipshat:

(rip jello.js :()

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
yo Ian here's a tip

it's just the tip dont worry

(im sexually attracted to you and want to anally penetrate you)

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

mods namechange posted:

we're here to help :tipshat:

(rip jello.js :()

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOBa-5m3lxc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012