Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
artshavin
Apr 11, 2012

toot
and
salute

:smug: edinbro rugby :smug:

Scott Bakula posted:

From the new Liverpool documentary, guess who's house this is in

For reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
That reminds me of what we found out about Frank Lampard's decoration ideas when he moved houses:

http://www.kickette.com/frank_lampard_photo_moving_chelsea/

Also, Nani has a life-size statue of himself in his house.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Sep 14, 2012

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

The Collector posted:

V:shobon:V seems alright to me. I think the wobbly camera style comes from the documentary team.

A lot of dubstep in the soundtrack so far.

You can tell its filmed by a video camera cause the sound is tinny and you can hear the guy coughing and doing stuff in the background

around 6:45 in he opens a bag of chips

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
This airs for the first time on Sunday in the States so I'll be waiting for it to appear on my tv

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug

please respond posted:

You can tell its filmed by a video camera cause the sound is tinny and you can hear the guy coughing and doing stuff in the background

around 6:45 in he opens a bag of chips

:laffo: that makes sense. The sound on my work PC is always lovely so I just assumed it was a problem on my end. I'll keep my eyes peeled for some better quality stuff.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

T. Mascis, can we have a spoiler-free zone in here or something? I'm fairly sure it doesn't come out in the UK till next Friday, and as lame as it sounds I don't want to read about it all before I have a chance to see it.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

EvilHawk posted:

T. Mascis, can we have a spoiler-free zone in here or something? I'm fairly sure it doesn't come out in the UK till next Friday, and as lame as it sounds I don't want to read about it all before I have a chance to see it.

Someone should actually make a thread because it's a weekly show and this thread isn't made for that. So someone mak effort and do that.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

i wonder if theres going to many "holky poo poo!!!!" moments

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

euroboy posted:

i wonder if theres going to many "holky poo poo!!!!" moments

luis suarez cheats at monopoly

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

EvilHawk posted:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/sep/11/liverpool-documentary-fox-sports

Here's a review of the first episode if you're interested.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Doing a statuepost here because it hasn't got enough to do with the PL to warrant a post there.

Memorial for ex-Club Brugge chairman Albert Dyserynck. One of the three major buyers of Club Brugge's second stadium, De Klokke (named so because the only point of interest in the area back then was a pub called De Klokke). Would later buy out the other owners and gift the grounds to Club Brugge. He was also chairman during Club Brugge's first title in 1920 and died in 1931, after which De Klokke was officially renamed the Albert Dyserynckstadium (everyone still called it De Klokke). Moved along with the club to the Jan Breydelstadium where it's now across the secretariat.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

SPOILER ALERT! Football dies.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Scene: Players at the local having a game of snooker

Gerrard: Snookered mate. Lets see you get out of this one Luis

Suarez smashes ball straight into the black

Gerrard: Luis mate thats a foul

Suarez: Absolutely not, I do not touch blacks

[canned laughter]

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Well, I watched it and it was really bad and nothing happened. It was like one of those clips teams' websites have on them to show fans around a bit. Are they going to keep doing it throughout the season so something interesting and football related might be caught by the cameras?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

jyrka posted:

Well, I watched it and it was really bad and nothing happened. It was like one of those clips teams' websites have on them to show fans around a bit. Are they going to keep doing it throughout the season so something interesting and football related might be caught by the cameras?

Yeah they don't seem to have the same level of access they usually get when they do 24/7. It's bland and "on message" bit of a shame cause that production company usually makes such good stuff.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

someone edit in the neville southall sarcastic voiceover (you know the one) at the end

reminder that it was I, Wario Pop Thatcher, who first predicted that:

quote:

But then, as becomes clear, this is not really about the inner-workings of a football club, but everything to do with promoting Liverpool in a glossy, Hello! magazine style to a global (particularly American) audience.

Babby Thatcher fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Sep 15, 2012

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Sounds like its no Blue Moon Rising. :smug:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
It was awful. It was like one of those adverts for a University.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

please respond posted:

Yeah they don't seem to have the same level of access they usually get when they do 24/7. It's bland and "on message" bit of a shame cause that production company usually makes such good stuff.

So lots of hype followed by a disappointing end product? Sounds like a Liverpool documentary to me.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I've been away from watching soccer for a while now. A friend of mine recorded all of the games from Euro2012 for me. I don't have time to watch them all right away, so what would be the best three or four to watch from it?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

chaoslord posted:

I've been away from watching soccer for a while now. A friend of mine recorded all of the games from Euro2012 for me. I don't have time to watch them all right away, so what would be the best three or four to watch from it?

They were all seriously pretty poo poo, maybe Denmark - Portugal or Germany - Italy

nud90
Apr 6, 2011

don't just look at it, eat it!

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010
not a bad save:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDfPUV-YfEo

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2B-ZUoKf4o

30 seconds of ownage tackles. Haven't seen that much vigor from United players in a long time. Hernandez and Scholes :xd:

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

PirateBob posted:

30 seconds of ownage tackles. Haven't seen that much vigor from United players in a long time. Hernandez and Scholes :xd:

It'a nice to see a ref that correctly see's all of that as legal

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Ha whose next tweet is going to be an apology?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

PirateBob posted:

I loved watching this live. It was a refreshing change of pace.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Thirteenth Step posted:

It'a nice to see a ref that correctly see's all of that as legal

am I wrong or was the only foul the Scholes challenge?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

willkill4food posted:

am I wrong or was the only foul the Scholes challenge?

Looks like the Scholes challenge was the only time the ref signalled anything (advantage) before he finally gave a freekick for the challenge on Nani. And yes, it was really awesome.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

This is actually amazing and makes Jenkinson incredibly endearing to me if it's real.

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

vyelkin posted:

This is actually amazing and makes Jenkinson incredibly endearing to me if it's real.

It's 100% real :)

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

What is this?

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!

Best Goalkeeper in the world.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

bubblegumbo0 posted:

Lmao this is amazing

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014

bubblegumbo0 posted:

lmao

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

El Hefe posted:

What is this?

At Arsenal fans can pay to have slabs of stone outside the stadium engraved with your message in them. Carl Jenkinson comes from an Arsenal family and is now in the first team. I'm not sure if he bought this before or after he joined the club, but it's really neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

bubblegumbo0 posted:

I love when people do this kinda thing.

• Locked thread