Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

The best vigilante justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004
Thread on the local forum about 500-1000 riders shutting down the highway and other streets to stunt and other generally jackassery had this picture. Oh a couple of the riders ran from cops and one guy t-boned a car and lost an arm.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Ola posted:

If I remember correctly, the people on the scooter had just robbed someone, so justifiable takedown by the cyclist.
Ah, well then there's the backstory that the gif didn't convey.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

Thread on the local forum about 500-1000 riders shutting down the highway and other streets to stunt and other generally jackassery had this picture. Oh a couple of the riders ran from cops and one guy t-boned a car and lost an arm.

What is up with that rear brake

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY

Snowdens Secret posted:

What is up with that rear brake

The second caliper likely goes to a handlebar mounted lever (for stuntin, yo!).

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

obso posted:

The second caliper likely goes to a handlebar mounted lever (for stuntin, yo!).

I really wanna get a lovely old stunt bike. Is that wrong? I just wanna learn to drift the rear tire!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

I really wanna get a lovely old stunt bike. Is that wrong? I just wanna learn to drift the rear tire!
It's wrong but I want to too. Motorcycle powerslides are the most awesome looking thing a human can do.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Hope you'll indulge me a bit. Occasionally I get to do some really cool stuff. Today, as part of my role with a charity organisation, I got to present and pull the covers off a bike our group has built to raffle off to raise money for spinal injury rehabilitation and research.

We went to a lot of trouble to set up a Gopro to capture time-lapse of the entire day, but we made an error and stuck a full card in it, so sadly in these shots you can't see the few hundred people we had surrounding us for the unveiling and lining up to get their piece of it. The decals were designed by a paraplegic young man who was a patient of a hospital we support in the past, and the young man in the red shirt is a current outpatient who broke his neck in a sporting accident only a few weeks ago and has made a staggeringly fortunate recovery thanks to the hard work of the people we support. Amazing young dude who was willing to share his story with the crowd.

We run this raffle for 12 weeks, and in the first two hours we sold almost $9000 in tickets, so I'm pretty confident in being able to make a very solid donation to our benefactors after it all.

So yeah, here's some photos of my friends and I screwing around at our bike launch. A mildly modified 2012 Aprilia RSV4 APRC (not my shots, please forgive some of the HDR...)

Bonus camera-phone footage..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8GN6AHN62Y

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

PuntCuncher posted:

Hope you'll indulge me a bit. Occasionally I get to do some really cool stuff. Today, as part of my role with a charity organisation, I got to present and pull the covers off a bike our group has built to raffle off to raise money for spinal injury rehabilitation and research.

We went to a lot of trouble to set up a Gopro to capture time-lapse of the entire day, but we made an error and stuck a full card in it, so sadly in these shots you can't see the few hundred people we had surrounding us for the unveiling and lining up to get their piece of it. The decals were designed by a paraplegic young man who was a patient of a hospital we support in the past, and the young man in the red shirt is a current outpatient who broke his neck in a sporting accident only a few weeks ago and has made a staggeringly fortunate recovery thanks to the hard work of the people we support. Amazing young dude who was willing to share his story with the crowd.

We run this raffle for 12 weeks, and in the first two hours we sold almost $9000 in tickets, so I'm pretty confident in being able to make a very solid donation to our benefactors after it all.

Fantastic job, what sort of modifications are on the RSV? I wouldn't know to tell stock from modified just looking at one

quote:

Also, OH GOD I WANT ONE OF THESE SO BADLY

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

Linedance posted:

Fantastic job, what sort of modifications are on the RSV? I wouldn't know to tell stock from modified just looking at one
Mechanically, just some levers, exhaust and tuning from Aprilia. We wanted to keep it as 'streetable' as possible and not screw with the factory feel of a really superb bike, or run afoul of any warranty issues.

Most of the work went into paint, sadly doesn't show up too well in the photos, but our paint ninja did a hell of a job on it. We do these every year, and every year there's a small group of folks that are upset we didn't modify the hell out of something and make it a 250HP road eating monster, but they're not the dudes buying tickets and they don't need to deal with warranty issues ;)

There's some more carbon bits coming for it, so between a few shiny mods, some carbon panels and the custom paint, it's a pretty neat little street bike. I'm proud of it :)

quote:

Also, OH GOD I WANT ONE OF THESE SO BADLY

You and me both, I spent a lot of time ogling it yesterday, wonderful classic styling. They're drat cheap too.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
This is too cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tM96cF3Vsg

Also, don't need to calk the Ural to ford the river.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUnRWSnQf8Y

Armyman25 fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 16, 2012

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

About as cute as a video of two women kicking a dude in the junk for several minutes. Jesus chris, poor bike, what did it do to deserve to have its kickstarter abused like that.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Ignoring the stupid stretch and slam, the Icon ZX-14R looks pretty sweet, the ZXR paint job works really well.

(Could do without the stupid tribal swirls on the side too)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

PuntCuncher posted:

Mechanically, just some levers, exhaust and tuning from Aprilia. We wanted to keep it as 'streetable' as possible and not screw with the factory feel of a really superb bike, or run afoul of any warranty issues.

Most of the work went into paint, sadly doesn't show up too well in the photos, but our paint ninja did a hell of a job on it. We do these every year, and every year there's a small group of folks that are upset we didn't modify the hell out of something and make it a 250HP road eating monster, but they're not the dudes buying tickets and they don't need to deal with warranty issues ;)

There's some more carbon bits coming for it, so between a few shiny mods, some carbon panels and the custom paint, it's a pretty neat little street bike. I'm proud of it :)

You and me both, I spent a lot of time ogling it yesterday, wonderful classic styling. They're drat cheap too.

They're still around £7k here which is a little more than my bike budget allows. One day though.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

Linedance posted:

They're still around £7k here which is a little more than my bike budget allows. One day though.

AUD$25,000 to get one of those on the road down here mate ;)

Just for fun, here's some pictures of the previous bikes we've done in chronological order (my hosting);

Also, ahem.. if any Aussie goons want a chance in the latest bike, we do post tickets australia wide ;)

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

PuntCuncher posted:

AUD$25,000 to get one of those on the road down here mate ;)

I think they meant the Guzzi, not the RSV4. V7 Racer's are, what, $15k-16k new on the road?

PuntCuncher posted:

Also, ahem.. if any Aussie goons want a chance in the latest bike, we do post tickets australia wide ;)

PM me details, I want an RSV4!

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

2ndclasscitizen posted:

I think they meant the Guzzi, not the RSV4. V7 Racer's are, what, $15k-16k new on the road?
Ah, very good point! I got rumbled fairly hard earlier in the day at a BJJ comp and fear I am still not in touch with all my cognitive faculties just yet.

quote:

PM me details, I want an RSV4!

Shall do :)

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
If you wear a sport coat with jeans wear a button down shirt you goony goon

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

Snowdens Secret posted:

If you wear a sport coat with jeans wear a button down shirt you goony goon

I never said I was a snappy dresser.

Nor a smart man.

I am sorry. Last masturbatory post of my run, then we can get back to properly dressed motorcyclists.

Also, here is a Shawn, a charming lass with a boys name and a girls breasts.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

MotoMind posted:

About as cute as a video of two women kicking a dude in the junk for several minutes. Jesus chris, poor bike, what did it do to deserve to have its kickstarter abused like that.
Am I missing something? Looks to me like they're kicking it exactly the way you should. Abusing a kicker is slamming on it without slowly meshing the gears at the top of the stroke. I think that bike is abusing them, not the other way around. Those are crappy bikes that run like poo poo.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
Am I the only one who sees the irony in giving away a motorcycle as a fundraiser prize for spinal injury rehab and research? :P

PM me too PuntCuncher, I'd be interested in buying a ticket.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Same here.
Edit: On both counts

slidebite fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 16, 2012

economic haircut
Jul 5, 2008

Ronnie MAC!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEcfDIexHOU

Goon riding is hilarious

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Holy crap I want to do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX_weIUwd_o

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Am I missing something? Looks to me like they're kicking it exactly the way you should. Abusing a kicker is slamming on it without slowly meshing the gears at the top of the stroke. I think that bike is abusing them, not the other way around. Those are crappy bikes that run like poo poo.

I just thought it was funny how the first girl was petting the bike, asking "Please, nice bike, start for me."

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Here's the full episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTqcAoLuTnc

MotoJournal is loving rad as all hell.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

I saw these two scooters in a parking lot the other day, MotoQuest is a local rental place.

Those of you who didn't watch SNL about 15 years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEAYcR8w_tE

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

Here4DaGangBang posted:

Am I the only one who sees the irony in giving away a motorcycle as a fundraiser prize for spinal injury rehab and research? :P

PM me too PuntCuncher, I'd be interested in buying a ticket.

Yeah, the irony isn't lost on me either mate ;) A lot of riders end up in traction due to injury, but they don't lose the passion for riding. We promote safe riding and prevention rather than treatment, and the reality is that raffling these bikes does make us some solid cash to then donate to the cause.

We're working on other things as well, rider training, a TV special, anything we can do to keep our guys on the road or the dirt, rather than in a hospital bed.

I'll need to upgrade my account to PM I think, so until I can get to that, you can check out what the group is about on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/TheMadRide

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:laffo: @ the panic throttle off all the nose-down jumps.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

PuntCuncher posted:

Sure. I'll happily donate some money for the chance to win that.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Kickstarting a motorcycle is a meditated act of composure and determination, much like archery. At times, power of concentration is enough to make the difference between ignition and flare-out. I am not surprised the motorcycle initially refused to start to their flailing.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

economic haircut posted:

Goon riding is hilarious

Pretty sure I saw a guy goonriding his supermoto around Manhattan, was super jealous

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Goddamn that wave @ 0:35 kills me.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Can't say I've ever seen/noticed a Honda VT750S before, but in this paint scheme it certainly stands out. Very pretty bike!

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Sep 17, 2012

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie
The RS is nice but if you're going mid-range cruiser and relatively new you may wish to consider other options.

Here's a detailed shootout
http://www.cycleworld.com/2010/09/16/harley-davidson-iron-883-vs-honda-shadow-rs-vs-triumph-bonneville-comparison-test/

:edit:
Derp I forgot what thread I was in in.

Yes it is very pretty.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
38.4 hp. Wow. I bet my blast is faster.

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie
I have a personal grudge against the RS for that reason. gently caress you Honda for promising an 80's throwback mid-size cruiser and putting anything other than a high powered v4 in it.

It looks so nice and yet it doesn't want to move anywhere :(

Where is my fuel injected Sabre already.

It's sure as hell not this ugly rear end thing running around with the Sabre name on it and a 1300 v-twin between its legs.

< Mad about the death of 80's bikes.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Those mid size Hondas are so awful looking. Up close there's huge ugly contrasting gasket at every seam on the engine, and there's so much plastic chrome everywhere. The hidden-ish shaft just shouts "disguised shaft"...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I want this bike more than life.

http://www.bikeexif.com/ac-sanctuary-katana