Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

SRM posted:

The White Dwarf thread on Dakka's news section is goddamn hilarious right now. If you want to see a bunch of shut-ins debating how hot the girl working for WD is and how she should be posing in a bikini on the cover of the magazine, read away:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/120/476176.page#4769980
And that's why the one-two punch of nerds and public forums is the worst thing.

No but you see she's not even that attractive, so it's not objectifying!

This loving hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Destrado posted:

No but you see she's not even that attractive, so it's not objectifying!

This loving hobby.

It's not restricted to Warhammer, or even nerd games. Go check out some of the subs on reddit if you really want to hate people.

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

I picked up a WD sub back on July 16 and still have yet to receive an actual magazine.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
This was the banner on one of the GW FB pages. pretty sure that's going to be the new WD logo or not...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Khorne Flakes posted:

Bonus pics from the game of my Lords giving no poo poo about any unit.

Sustained Fire Die spotted.

FiendishThingy
Sep 7, 2003

Just found another box of old rogue trader stuff, any one know where this came from?

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

That's a Genestealer magus's familiar.

Flying Guillotine
Dec 29, 2005

by angerbot
Batman 80 points

Batman is the costumed crime-fighting alter ego of billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne. As a child, Bruce Wayne watched helplessly as his parents Thomas and Martha were shot and killed by a petty mugger named Joe Chill. Upon witnessing their deaths, the young Wayne took an oath of vengeance against crime so that no one else would have to suffer the tragedy that he had.

Wayne spent years venturing the world, learning many forms of combat and training himself to physical and intellectual perfection. Upon his return to Gotham, Wayne delved into crime-fighting, with disastrous results. As the injured young man sat alone in his study dwelling upon his dilemma and the fact that criminals are a "cowardly, superstitious lot", he figured that the best way to get to them was through sheer terror. At that moment, as if a sign from God, a huge bat flew in through his study window.

This bat provided Bruce with the inspiration he had been searching for. He donned a costume complete with a long, black cape and a cowl with huge, pointed ears and became the creature the criminals of Gotham would now know and fear: Batman.

Troop Type M WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
Batman 5 5 3 3 3 3 3 3(4) 10 5+/4+ inv

Weapons: None, (but attacks as if equipped with two close combat weapons) frag grenades, meltabomb.

SPECIAL RULES

Masters of Ninjitsu:
Batman may re-roll misses in each round of close combat.

Gas Bomb Entrance:
Batman may Deep Strike.

Grapple Gun:
Batman traverses vertical surfaces at 0 movement cost.

SRM posted:

The White Dwarf thread on Dakka's news section is goddamn hilarious right now. If you want to see a bunch of shut-ins debating how hot the girl working for WD is and how she should be posing in a bikini on the cover of the magazine, read away:

They're already going all internet detective on her, pulling photos off her myspace and facebook.

FiendishThingy posted:

Just found another box of old rogue trader stuff, any one know where this came from?

That's an ancient squig from RT-era

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Cataphract posted:

This was the banner on one of the GW FB pages. pretty sure that's going to be the new WD logo or not...

I'm pretty sure I have an ancient issue from the 80s with a similar font.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Quick rules question:

If my DE Raider moves twelve inches, can the guys inside only snapfire?

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
So is there any indication of the different army types in the chaos new book? There will be armies for the different gods, and then some of the chaos legions I'm sure as well as cultists. I guess what I'm getting at is how the hell do you pick out a chaos army?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Arbite posted:

Quick rules question:

If my DE Raider moves twelve inches, can the guys inside only snapfire?

That's correct. This is why you give them splinter racks and reroll all of those misses.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Smegmalicious posted:

So is there any indication of the different army types in the chaos new book? There will be armies for the different gods, and then some of the chaos legions I'm sure as well as cultists. I guess what I'm getting at is how the hell do you pick out a chaos army?

The same way you'd pick out a codex space marine army, but with more spikes and tentacles.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

Hamshot posted:

The same way you'd pick out a codex space marine army, but with more spikes and tentacles.

Aren't they a lot more divergent than codex marines?

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
It'll be the same mechanics. Special characters unlock units as troops etc, though now you can buy a mark of a chaos god for your lord to do the same thing, such as a mark of khorne allowing berserkers to be troops, which is nice.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

SRM posted:

I'm genuinely not sure where the line for getting probated over there is, but the punks are so ripe it's like a whack-a-mole circus of potential snark.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?
I think the best part is where one of them posts other photos of her (from the context they look like Facebook photos) and says it was only five minutes of snooping.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
To be fair, there's only two of them perving out, and one of those is the guy that did the cyberstalking - which is probably just googling and searching on Facebook. The rest of the posts *all* condemned those two.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
$11.99 psyker powers app, go gently caress yourselves GW :lol:

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

"We don't usually make blog posts on saturdays" ...except to push our redundant loving product.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Minion of Cthulhu posted:

That's correct. This is why you give them splinter racks and reroll all of those misses.

Your list looks like it could use more archons with huskblades.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

And according to the reviews it doesn't even contain Codex powers which is pretty dumb.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Flying Guillotine posted:

Batman 80 points

He's going down to a single space marine.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Carcer posted:

He's going down to a single space marine.

The high point in one of the last games I played against grey knights was one of my trueborn getting assaulted by a lone justicar and beating him in assault by the slimmest of margins. I lost the game utterly but that little victory there was a pretty cool consolation.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
If this app was $4 I would buy it in a heartbeat. In fact if their digital releases cost half what they do I would buy them all and spend a lot more money overall.

Cataphract fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Sep 15, 2012

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Undead Tailfnz posted:

I did a thing tonight.

A friend at the FLGS was giving away Chaos Bitz, so when I saw these wings I saw an opportunity for a Winged Lord. I must say, these Possessed bitz are phenomenal pieces. Another kind man inquired what I was up to when he saw this, so when I told him I was short a pair of legs, he donated a pair of Forgeworld Mk V Heresy pattern legs out of the kindness of his heart to see it finished. This entire model was constructed on a budget of zero currency. He's currently sitting on my alarm clock next to my recently purchased Kharn.

e: Thank god for awesome people at my FLGS.

Hey guys I'm pretty sure kitbashing is the best part of this hobby confirm/deny?

This includes buffalochicken's post over in P&M.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

bhsman posted:

Hey guys I'm pretty sure kitbashing is the best part of this hobby confirm/deny?

This includes buffalochicken's post over in P&M.

For me, yes it is. Confirmed.

Tailfnz
Oct 13, 2011

I'm delightfully forgettable.
Confirmed. My favorite part of this hobby is assembling the models. I was a LEGO kid, so I guess that kind of "Let's see what happens when I take this, this, and this piece over here, and build it like this" attitude carried over into Warhams.

e: My eventual next project is going to be a counts-as Vulkan for my Ultramarines using the SM Commander kit, Command Squad bitz, and Grey Knights Strike Squad bitz. I'm definitely looking forward to the new CSM kits to see what kind of stuff I can make.

Tailfnz fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 15, 2012

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Confirm.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Kitbashing is cool and I grew up as a lego kid as well but actually painting stuff up is my favorite part of the "hobby" side of the hobby. Sometimes I'll examine a model for a good 5-10 minutes, visualizing what I'm going to do, how I can get the effect I want, how to fix the inevitable fuckup, etc. But on the topic of kitbashing I'm thinking of making a model for Duke Sliscus out of scourge legs, kabalite warrior arms/torso/head and the cape/standard from the dark elf corsair champ kit. I'm so happy liquid greenstuff is a thing now because I see myself using quite a bit of it.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Flying Guillotine posted:

Batman 80 points

I pick the hulk. WS10 BS0 S10 T10 W10 I10 Ld10 A10, 2000 pts. Roll a d6 - on a 2+ Hulk wins, on a 1 you lose.

nuncle jimbo fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 15, 2012

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

nuncle jimbo posted:

I pick the hulk. WS10 BS0 S10 T10 W10 I10 Ld10 A10, 2000 pts. Roll a d6 - on a 2+ Hulk wins, on a 1 you lose.

No, on a 2+ hulk smash. On a 1 he stops being angry and reverts to a guardsman profile.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

nuncle jimbo posted:

That's good and all, but we're playing 1997 points because

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 16, 2012

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Fuegan posted:

And according to the reviews it doesn't even contain Codex powers which is pretty dumb.

Blog entry about it says it contains all powers from all codexes as well...

However I can confirm they are not in the app.

Ghost Hand fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 15, 2012

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Can we post our armies here? I'd like to post armies here.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Soulfucker posted:

Nice looking eldar!

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Thank you! Your podcast rocks by the way. :)

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Fyrbrand posted:

Haha wow. Get hosed GW.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Soulfucker posted:

Could you give a close up of some of those grav tanks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
That's a great looking army! I'd love to see detailed shots of the individual units, and what the overall list of options looks like.

• Locked thread