Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

greatn posted:

On the Wii whatever you put in it would create a Nintendo folder for and put everything Nintendo related in there.

I saw Amazon has a 1tb western digital, usb powered for 80 bucks today. I wanna know is that going to be able to be powered by the WiiU? The usb ports are apparently powered. I would like to get this drive and just hook it up without having to plug it into a power strip, what are the chances the USB ports on the Wii aren't powered enough?

Considering the original Wii was able to power a USB hard drive and it wasn't even supposed to allow them in the first place, I am sure you will be fine.

I am not sure why some people want a power switch though because the drive will only run when the Wii is out of standby mode. They do not get power when the WiiU is off or in sleep mode. If anything, I'd think hard drives that plug into a wall would use more electricity, since it's not being powered by the WiiU; a device that's already plugged in and on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Hamburglar posted:

Considering the original Wii was able to power a USB hard drive and it wasn't even supposed to allow them in the first place, I am sure you will be fine.

I am not sure why some people want a power switch though because the drive will only run when the Wii is out of standby mode. They do not get power when the WiiU is off or in sleep mode. If anything, I'd think hard drives that plug into a wall would use more electricity, since it's not being powered by the WiiU; a device that's already plugged in and on.

My kids will used the WiiU for netflix pretty much nonstop, I don't want the harddrive going that whole time. Also I have one with a swtich so Im just looking at the advantages of that.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Dr. VooDoo posted:

One thing I hope the Wii U does it tone down how much developers spend on making games. We're already at the edge of an event horizon where one game that doesn't sell tens of millions of copies can shut down a studio that has had a stellar track record of games. It's already hard enough to try and get investors to take a risk on a game that isn't CoD or some sequel to a popular game imagine if the jump next gen with the Ps4/Next Xbox pushes the prices up another $50M to make a game. Perhaps by having a weaker console that isn't extremely weak like the Wii was this generation developers won't gleefully throw themselves over a cliff with the thought that they might catch a branch to save themselves instead of smashing into the ground below and perhaps we'll get a little bit attempts at games that aren't another War Shooter 5: Shooterier Edition

This has been what i've been thinking about recently. How many developers have we lost in the past few years? And it's not always that they are making terrible games, take a look at THQ and how it sounds like they are barely afloat. I'd much rather it be an environment where developers can experiment and try new things without the risk of going bankrupt because they spent 50mil on a game and didn't sell 2mil copies or they try to make the next call of duty and it sells 200k copies and they have to close shop. At the same time, I don't want to play a bunch of mobile games either, but there has to be a balance somewhere in there. Maybe gaming journalism has just been fear mongering lately, but it feels like if things keep up the way they are going we are going to be left with Activison, EA and maybe a a few others and that is not ideal.

I'm glad I don't care about the WiiU vs 720 vs PS4 thing, it's got to be pretty exhausting. I want to play fun games and even if Nintendo said we are going to be a first party only console i'd still pick it up. I know it's not financially viable for everyone, but i'll also own at least the next microsoft or sony system so I don't really care if Batman Arkham Asylum 4 is going to look worse on the WiiU. ( Probably leaning towards sony because I don't want the kinect forced down my throat, tired of crappy microsoft sales and tired of paying for live service that is full of ads. )

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Romance of the Three Kings 12 trailer:
http://nintendoeverything.com/99098/romance-of-the-three-kingdoms-xii-wii-u-trailer/

(and apparently I completely missed that that and Fist of the North Star 2 were announced during the Japanese Nintendo Direct last Thursday)

MinibarMatchman posted:

Was Borderlands 2 confirmed for the Wii-u or something? All I read was one blurb about the developers really being into the system but porting it was just a "maybe"
The devs (Gearbox) want it but said it's up to the publisher, which is Take-Two...and they're skeptical.

Bombadilillo posted:

I just assume that the tablet screen will get a virtual keyboard, it has to right?
Yeah, with autocomplete. I wouldn't bother for typing a bunch with it of course, but should be fine for searches and short messages.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Well to be honest I still don't see what the big deal about UE4 is; some of the new stuff they showed in the tech demo looked like it had no practical application to gaming.

Typically new engines are more about helping developers work smarter and faster, so developers may still want to use it. I have no idea what the license cost will be for UE4 vs UE3.

But of course Epic will put UE4 on Wii U because of the royalties/license fees they collect. Seems to me like the kind of money you can make on engine licensing is fuckin' nuts.

e: on second thought that unintentional pun looked too intentional, I'm takin it out
Well there was a separate video about the development side of things, with the usual "this and this is easier and faster" type of things. As for the Wii U, take this with a mountain of salt (he's a confirmed dev). It'll be interesting to see how much traction UE other licensed engines get next generation cause it seems like a lot of the bigger devs have their own engines these days. CryTek has had theirs running on Wii U (speculation is that it's for Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2) but I'm not sure they're expected to be a big player like Unreal has been in the past.

Astro7x posted:

It's not a hand held, it shouldn't have fingerprints on it. Considering my PS3 and Wii look equally as gross with dust on it, I don't think the color saves it from looking nasty.
I assumed limaCAT was talking about the gamepad so this part confused me :v:. I'll take either console color but would've preferred the white gamepad, mostly just cause I like the look of white better though.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

katkillad2 posted:

This has been what i've been thinking about recently. How many developers have we lost in the past few years? And it's not always that they are making terrible games, take a look at THQ and how it sounds like they are barely afloat. I'd much rather it be an environment where developers can experiment and try new things without the risk of going bankrupt because they spent 50mil on a game and didn't sell 2mil copies or they try to make the next call of duty and it sells 200k copies and they have to close shop. At the same time, I don't want to play a bunch of mobile games either, but there has to be a balance somewhere in there. Maybe gaming journalism has just been fear mongering lately, but it feels like if things keep up the way they are going we are going to be left with Activison, EA and maybe a a few others and that is not ideal.

I'm glad I don't care about the WiiU vs 720 vs PS4 thing, it's got to be pretty exhausting. I want to play fun games and even if Nintendo said we are going to be a first party only console i'd still pick it up. I know it's not financially viable for everyone, but i'll also own at least the next microsoft or sony system so I don't really care if Batman Arkham Asylum 4 is going to look worse on the WiiU. ( Probably leaning towards sony because I don't want the kinect forced down my throat, tired of crappy microsoft sales and tired of paying for live service that is full of ads. )

Valve is pretty much the only AAA company nowadays that does whatever the gently caress they want to do.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

NTT posted:

Valve is pretty much the only AAA company nowadays that does whatever the gently caress they want to do.

And Blizzard :ssh:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

japtor posted:

Romance of the Three Kings 12 trailer:
http://nintendoeverything.com/99098/romance-of-the-three-kingdoms-xii-wii-u-trailer/

(and apparently I completely missed that that and Fist of the North Star 2 were announced during the Japanese Nintendo Direct last Thursday)

I got really excited when I saw this, thinking it would be coming overseas like Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper or Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (I think) but was disappointed to see it's still Japan-only like the PS3 release :(

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

zenintrude posted:

And Blizzard :ssh:

And Nintendo.

:smug:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Hamburglar posted:

Well I'll take that as enough gospel that it will work on WiiU. Picked it up. 1TB Western Digital USB 3.0 seems like a good deal for $80.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I guess what could win people over to Nintendo Network will be if the social features are really on-par or better than the current consoles.

Between the current consoles, only XBox and Vita have cross-game-chat. WiiU promises cross-game-chat too. Messaging in PS3 is basic, on Vita is slightly better, but there is almost no community on PSVita for enjoying messaging and chat.

One hope about the tablet: the fact you'll be able to share drawings will make the WiiU not only the platform where you will be able to send drawings of penises inside jokes about dogs not saving people trapped in pits, but probably also strategies, invitations... Swapnote is limited because it's still not game-based, Miiverse instead looks like a good fit for this.

"Our monster hunting strategy: you get eaten by Rathalos, while we kill him."
:allears:

But probably this is all wishful thinking, and everyone will just spam pics zooming on tits like on Steam hubs.

In any case, Nintendo has to allow a friend list bigger than 100 units... or at least the possibility to login with different profiles on the console.

+ + + +

greatn posted:

On the Wii whatever you put in it would create a Nintendo folder for and put everything Nintendo related in there.

Did Wii officially access hard disks as well? I'm asking because Nintendo probably could access SD Cards with FAT filesystem because FAT is not covered by patents while other filesystems by MS are covered by it (see ExFAT or NTFS)... the main difference between FAT, ExFAT and NTFS are that FAT officially only accesses 4gb of disk (there are extensions but they are not official extensions, Windows XP could not format a volume of more than 4gb, only access it).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FAT32#FAT32

In any case Nintendo could decide on using a proprietary filesystem for hard disks, requiring you to format the hard disk before use, like Sony does for its internal hard disks.

+ + + +

NTT posted:

The best alchemy between selling and trolling :allears:

Policenaut posted:

I got really excited when I saw this, thinking it would be coming overseas like Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper or Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (I think) but was disappointed to see it's still Japan-only like the PS3 release :(

Orochi is in the 3DS EU stream as Launch Window title.

edit for clarity:
Orochi is in the final printout made in 4pt characters on the tiny 3DS screen in the 3DS E-Shop EU stream at 40':28''

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 17, 2012

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bombadilillo posted:

My kids will used the WiiU for netflix pretty much nonstop, I don't want the harddrive going that whole time. Also I have one with a swtich so Im just looking at the advantages of that.

The self-powered hard drives turn themselves off/stop spinning when not accessed for a little while.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

limaCAT posted:

Orochi is in the 3DS EU stream as Launch Window title.

edit for clarity:
Orochi is in the final printout made in 4pt characters on the tiny 3DS screen in the 3DS E-Shop EU stream at 40':28''

Yes, that's what I was saying. Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper even has a US/EU version trailer in the OP. What I was saying was that I was hoping RotK 12 was coming stateside like it and (possibly) FotNS: Ken's Rage 2.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

limaCAT posted:

I guess what could win people over to Nintendo Network will be if the social features are really on-par or better than the current consoles.

Between the current consoles, only XBox and Vita have cross-game-chat. WiiU promises cross-game-chat too. Messaging in PS3 is basic, on Vita is slightly better, but there is almost no community on PSVita for enjoying messaging and chat.

One hope about the tablet: the fact you'll be able to share drawings will make the WiiU not only the platform where you will be able to send drawings of penises inside jokes about dogs not saving people trapped in pits, but probably also strategies, invitations... Swapnote is limited because it's still not game-based, Miiverse instead looks like a good fit for this.

"Our monster hunting strategy: you get eaten by Rathalos, while we kill him."
:allears:

But probably this is all wishful thinking, and everyone will just spam pics zooming on tits like on Steam hubs.

In any case, Nintendo has to allow a friend list bigger than 100 units... or at least the possibility to login with different profiles on the console.
I'm hoping for that in game message board looking thing they showed right before E3, but yeah wishful thinking and all that. Otherwise my main wish is a better version of communities from MK7, instead of adding a bunch of goons for some game one at a time just have a single code to join the group.

Rake Arms
Sep 15, 2007

It's just not the same without widescreen.
Is it weird that I'm most excited about Nintendo TVii? Like, I'm always pumped for a new Nintendo system because I love their IPs, and there's a few great looking launch titles, but I suspect the first thing I'm going to do is set up my Nintendo TVii data, program the universal remote, etc (note to self: reactivate Netlfix/Hulu accounts). Unless there's some big Nintendo-style oversight that I'm missing, Nintendo TVii looks loving awesome. I knew they would need to step up their multimedia support to compete, but that came way out of left field.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Rake Arms posted:

Is it weird that I'm most excited about Nintendo TVii? Like, I'm always pumped for a new Nintendo system because I love their IPs, and there's a few great looking launch titles, but I suspect the first thing I'm going to do is set up my Nintendo TVii data, program the universal remote, etc (note to self: reactivate Netlfix/Hulu accounts). Unless there's some big Nintendo-style oversight that I'm missing, Nintendo TVii looks loving awesome. I knew they would need to step up their multimedia support to compete, but that came way out of left field.

I thought the gun chamber wheel thing seemed awkward but then again I hated the iPod wheel and I'm sure others are pretty used to it.

The Operative
Mar 15, 2012

I'd rather run over you with my car!

limaCAT posted:

Did Wii officially access hard disks as well? I'm asking because Nintendo probably could access SD Cards with FAT filesystem because FAT is not covered by patents while other filesystems by MS are covered by it (see ExFAT or NTFS)... the main difference between FAT, ExFAT and NTFS are that FAT officially only accesses 4gb of disk (there are extensions but they are not official extensions, Windows XP could not format a volume of more than 4gb, only access it).

Only Wiis that run custom firmware can access hard drives.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Hamburglar posted:

The hard drive currently plugged into my Wii still has the power indicator light on even with the system in sleep mode. I don't think the drive is running, but electricity is definitely flowing.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

greatn posted:

Well I'll take that as enough gospel that it will work on WiiU. Picked it up. 1TB Western Digital USB 3.0 seems like a good deal for $80.

I shudder to think what a 1TB drive for the 360 would have cost.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

A good poster posted:

I shudder to think what a 1TB drive for the 360 would have cost.

Well with a 360 I would never actually need one because 250 gb with the one I bought is plenty. I'm still a little mystified why with the Deluxe WiiU model they didn't put in a bigger, less expensive SATA drive instead of the 32 gb flash memory. I guess then they'd have to have had a different form factor.

Just watched the TVii video, that looks really awesome. If they coud finagle themselves some HBO Go, Max Go, and some ESPN 3, it would be astounding.

raito
Sep 13, 2012
Gameinformer has a new NSMBU trailer up - looks pretty good.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/09/17/exclusive-single-player-footage-from-new-super-mario-bros-u.aspx

I guess we can assume that the baby Yoshis don't become big.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Bombadilillo posted:

What about Netflix makes you think "reads and writes to the hard drive" here? You're probably worrying for nothing unless you have a hard drive that spends its idle time spinning and seeking for no reason.

limaCAT posted:

A 3DS will read 128GB FAT32 SDXC cards, it'd be reasonable to assume the same for WiiU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Nintendo's the definition of a company that can't do what it wants. If you look up interviews with the top Zelda developer he has flat out said that he's been stuck in a "Zelda prison" for over a decade, finishing development on one game and then just getting started on the next, or overseeing a handheld and console Zelda at the same time.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nintendo should shuffle the deck chairs a little. Put a kirby guy in charge of Zelda, put Aunoma on Mario, put Miyamoto on one of the side franchises like Wario he hasn't typically worked on. I love all of their creators, there's plenty of projects to work on. If they want stuff to feel a little fresher and want the creators to feel like they are doing something fresher, shuffle them around a little bit.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
Just pre-ordered the deluxe version with Amazon UK, who seem to reckon they'll have it with me for release day.

Was going to wait and take a look at how things shaped up, but who the gently caress am I kidding. Looking forward to playing Assassin's Creed 3 and Darksiders 2 on that bad boy.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

greatn posted:

Nintendo should shuffle the deck chairs a little. Put a kirby guy in charge of Zelda, put Aunoma on Mario, put Miyamoto on one of the side franchises like Wario he hasn't typically worked on. I love all of their creators, there's plenty of projects to work on. If they want stuff to feel a little fresher and want the creators to feel like they are doing something fresher, shuffle them around a little bit.

The thing is there IS a lot of cross-influence when developing games, and a lot of new ideas and game concepts wind up in Mario and Zelda games, instead of new IPs.

It'll always sell better that way, after all. Zelda is proven. The "Open World Adventure Game with Different Characters by The People Behind Zelda" game will not do so well.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
I don't think he means that, but rather using all the same characters and such but having a new creative vision behind it. So not getting the Kirby developers to make a Kirby game that plays like Zelda, but rather making a Zelda game that incorporates some of the ideas they have about what could make Zelda more fun.

Edit: I might have slightly misread your post, now that I think about it. I get that new ideas that could have been for new IPs just get put into existing IPs, but the guy's just suggesting switching the directors and producers around a bit. I think Mario Galaxy might be an example of that situation, going by the Iwata Asks for it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Like those books of Stan Lee writing the origins of DC Superheroes, except not terrible in every way.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

greatn posted:

This worked pretty well when the Kirby guy was in charge of Kid Icarus. Sort of an atypical example and a potentially polarizing opinion, of course, but...ah well.

Rake Arms posted:

Not at all. It's not the thing I'm most excited for, but I'm surprised with how much I want to play around with Nintendo TVii. And I'm one of those "I just want my game console to play games dammit!" types. Funky.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Duckman2008 posted:

curious in this question as well.

I'm really torn on whether to get it now, or wait until after the holidays to see if it price drops. $350 is a bit out of my price range, and given I already am a big Xbox user, I am mostly getting it for my wife to play it. I just see a scenario where the U doesn't sell well and they cut prices like they did with the 3DS.

I dont think there will be a 3DS-like price drop for the WiiU. One of the reasons the 3DS was priced so high at release was because of the positive response Nintendo got at E3 and priced it that high because they thought they could get it. When it didn't sell well, they knew they priced it too high and that's when they dropped the price.

They priced the WiiU pretty reasonable for a new console, considering the hardware and the gamepad. Maybe you'll see a minor price cut around the 720/PS4's release but that's a year away.

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

:dukedog:
I'm glad they are letting us use whichever harddrive and making it at least include some memory because the Xbox360 Arcade was ridiculous (although it would have been a decent option if you could use a USB flash drive back in those days).

I'm pumped about the WiiU, but I don't think I could buy any console at launch these days.

thedouche fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 18, 2012

The Operative
Mar 15, 2012

Duckman2008 posted:

curious in this question as well.

I'm really torn on whether to get it now, or wait until after the holidays to see if it price drops. $350 is a bit out of my price range, and given I already am a big Xbox user, I am mostly getting it for my wife to play it. I just see a scenario where the U doesn't sell well and they cut prices like they did with the 3DS.

Is there anything releasing within the launch window that either you or your wife really want to play? If yes, then I would recommend buying one. Given the amount of attention and pre-release excitement the console has managed to garner over the past few weeks, odds are pretty good that we will not see a price drop for at least a year. However, with that said, if none of the launch window games interest you, you could always wait. There might be retailer specific sales or promotions once the console is no longer supply constrained.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Hey look, news!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/09/13/darksiders-ii-wii-u-beefs-up-on-content.aspx

Wii U version of DarkSiders 2 is going to have "5 hours of bonus content." All of the DLC for the game is included at 49.99. Not bad, but I'll still wait for it to go down to 30 before I buy.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

raito posted:

Gameinformer has a new NSMBU trailer up - looks pretty good.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/09/17/exclusive-single-player-footage-from-new-super-mario-bros-u.aspx

I guess we can assume that the baby Yoshis don't become big.
Is there anything in the video indicating that one way or the other?

Rake Arms
Sep 15, 2007

It's just not the same without widescreen.
More details on Nintendo TVii from project leader Zach Fountain.

He confirms that the live TV feature doesn't stream through the console, it just runs a universal remote macro to switch TV inputs and control your existing set-top box. I suppose this was obvious, but I was still unclear and I still think it's awesome. He does say that they're been working with major networks to get as much streaming digital content as possible. He could just be talking about Hulu/Netflix, but I know some networks offer whole episodes and other content directly on their websites. Maybe they're working to get that kind of stuff streaming on Wii U?

For instance, Comedy Central has every episode of South Park streaming on its own website. I would die a shut-in if I could watch any episode of SP any time on my big screen (or a little screen if I wanted).

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I keep waiting to hear what the secret downside is with Wii TV, the crappy aspect that completely cripples it, but honestly it just plain looks robust as gently caress.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The secret downside is that it'll take forever for most of the content providers to show up, and it'll be absolutely worthless to anyone not in America or Europe.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The problem for me at least with the Nintendo TV thing is that it doesn't solve a problem I have. Very rarely do I think "I want to watch a movie, what service is it on?: Instead it's more of watching an existing TV series I already started, or just going on Netflix and finding something new that I haven't seen before.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/13/zombiu-nintendo-direct-europe-wiiu-preview Video breaking down ZombiU..

RIGHT at :45 seconds, you can see the main menu of the game. There's "Uplay" in there. Guess Nintendo really is allowing devs to do whatever they want with the multi?

There's also Multiplayer, Leaderboards, and a "map launcher" option, and there's a hardcore mode where you try to get through as much of the game as possible without dying once.

drat this game is going to be the poo poo.

EDIT: RPG elements as well, you level up your weapon handling skills as you use a class of weapon (handgun, shotgun, etc.) more and more. Yep this is my day one buy.

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 18, 2012

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The secret downside is that it'll take forever for most of the content providers to show up, and it'll be absolutely worthless to anyone not in America or Europe.

Fixed. As far as NoE is concerned, TVii doesn't exist, the only reason I've heard about it is because of this thread. Speaking for Germany though, it'd be impossible to implement because our streaming media are nowhere near as delevoped. There's pretty much only two providers (Sky and LoveFilm/Amazon) and they're both complete garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Operative
Mar 15, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/13/zombiu-nintendo-direct-europe-wiiu-preview Video breaking down ZombiU..

RIGHT at :45 seconds, you can see the main menu of the game. There's "Uplay" in there. Guess Nintendo really is allowing devs to do whatever they want with the multi?

There's also Multiplayer, Leaderboards, and a "map launcher" option, and there's a hardcore mode where you try to get through as much of the game as possible without dying once.

drat this game is going to be the poo poo.

Uplay is also in Ubisoft's X360 and PS3 games.

Edit: Here is how it works in Splinter Cell: Conviction.

The Operative fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Sep 18, 2012

• Locked thread