Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...
Surprising lack of brony related stuff actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer
The fandom's too recent for any threadworthy brony stories. It'll probably be a few more years before most of them even finish sufficiently fleshing out their tulpas and get kicked out of their moms' basements. And on top of that, we ran out most of the bronygoons and applied Safari Rules to the mocking threads.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Don't a lot of them view Equestria as the afterlife?

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer
Based on the screenshots of bad Fandom Secrets, dA diary entries, fanfiction and Livejournals in the mocking thread, more than one brony has written about dreaming of ponies and mentioned never wanting to wake up ever again until the ponies lectured him about love and friendship and sparklefarts. I'd sooner take my chances with a weeaboo, but I wouldn't wish these people* on anyone. Except Dragon Master Conrad, he's a BAMF.

*as in, anyone so lacking in personality that they need one tiny facet of pop culture to latch onto for their entire identity

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Crazy Indian I-died-but-got-better dude has started working at my workplace now. Nothing too crazy so far, sadly. He does absolutely refuse to do anything at all with his left hand ever, but that might just be his carpel tunnel syndrome. :(

Dude uses an ipad. He's a pretty good graphic designer. Crazies make the best artists I guess.

I actually should maybe give my newest friend, Brett (not his real name), an honorable mention. He's not so much truly crazy as an eccentric. Dude is an artist, sculpture and painting and whatnot. On the first day I met him, he pointed out the giant purple scar on his hand and said he did it last week, trying to saw branches off a tree in his yard. "And when I held up my hand, all this blood ran down my arm like I'd severed it at the wrist or something. It was so dramatic, it was awesome. Anyway now there's no feeling in my thumb."

He grew up in foster care, because his parents never fed him and had him eating out of bins. He faked credentials to get a science job with his own lab (I forget what field), worked there a few years, then one afternoon he found a bunch of weird aggressive teenagers hanging out in his backyard, eyeing up his workshop. So naturally he invited them to hang out and art stuff with him, as you do. One day a lady from the council turned up and said that those teens were part of some juvenile employment/behavioural program, and that she'd been trying unsuccessfully to get them to partake in ANY activity at all. Brett said, "They told me they don't like those activities. They don't like you much either." Anyway, Brett then somehow fell into the job of writing programs for troubled teens or whatever, which earned him so much money that he retired at 30 and now just hangs out arting and whatnot, and teaches people how to set up their own businesses because "regular wage jobs are no better than slavery".

Brett mentors many young boys, like the 19-year-old Aspergers kid that rents out half his house, and the two 15/16-year-olds who live round the block and hang out at his place like every day and love him to bits like a dad. Incidentally, Brett is gay. Last week he said to me, "Oh god I was so stressed after this argument with my rear end in a top hat neighbour, but then later I went to the pool with (teen boys) and we wrestled for hours. Now I'm all bruised up. They do this thing called a 'titty twister'. It hurts a lot but it's really funny when you do it to them!" He told me this story in total innocence. It did not occur to him that maybe other people might find something amiss with a middle-aged gay man semi-nude wrestling his teen boy neighbours and yanking their nipples.

The other day he bought a goat on a whim. It was a cool goat, and then he started projecting his younger self onto the goat, and got really upset because he wouldn't be able to give the goat a good home, like his parents didn't with him. Then a little girl and her dad squealed over the goat so he sold it to them. This was all in one afternoon. He lives in the suburbs.

He also bought a turkey on a whim because it looked sad, and later bought another turkey to be its turkey friend. They live in his backyard. The boy turkey has a dog's noise collar on to stop it gobbling at the crack of dawn.

Oh, and his house is falling to loving bits and I take my life in my own hands when I climb the stairs to his front door. The place is full of gargoyles and naked plaster demon men and other creepy poo poo that he makes.

Corridor fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Sep 18, 2012

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Butterflies fluttering on my face!

Corridor posted:

He also bought a turkey on a whim because it looked sad, and later bought another turkey to be its turkey friend. They live in his backyard. The boy turkey has a dog's noise collar on to stop it gobbling at the crack of dawn.

Erm, if it's a shock collar, maybe you could tell him it's hurting the turkey's neck. I can't imagine putting a noise collar on my rooster, it'd hurt him a lot and mess him up. :(

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

I AM CURRENTLY JACKING OFF TO PICTURES OF MUTILATED FEMALE CORPSES, IT'S ALL VERY DEEP AND SOPHISTICATED BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING HIGHBROW FOR YOU NON-MISOGYNISTS TO UNDERSTAND

:siren:P.S. STILL COMPLETELY DEVOID OF MERIT:siren:

Corridor posted:

Crazy Indian I-died-but-got-better dude has started working at my workplace now. Nothing too crazy so far, sadly. He does absolutely refuse to do anything at all with his left hand ever, but that might just be his carpel tunnel syndrome. :(

Probably not Carpel Tunnel. In many non-euro countries, your left hand is your toilet paper.

Don't eat food or pass objects with your left hand. The left hand is considered to be unclean in India as it's used to perform matters associated with going to the bathroom. Therefore, you should avoid your left hand coming into contact with food or any objects that you pass to people

http://goindia.about.com/od/indiancultureetiquette/qt/india-donts.htm

quote:

I actually should maybe give my newest friend, Brett (not his real name), an honorable mention.

That's something. :stare:
Are you sure he's not spinning tales? "Well, yes I developed X, and now I'm free of wage slavery" is a fairly common delusion.

Of course, my friend's cousin works as the personal assistant to the inventor of a successful healthcare product. And the inventor is about as crazy as Brett. Minus the turkeys. (And titty-twisters)

Blckdrgn
May 28, 2012

Suenteus Po posted:

"My girlfriend thought she was a witch" sounds boring.

"My girlfriend thought she was a time witch" sounds amazing.

Its amazingly tame compared to most of these other posts, but keep in mind, she was someone I dated, once, not a girlfriend.

This all briefly went down during the :smith: period after breaking up with a long term high school girlfriend. I was 19, depressed, and pretty much asking chicks out left and right in order to "fill the void", with incredibly little succes).

Enter Maria. Maria was someone I knew through a friend of a friend, which made her someone way outside my immediate circle of friends, which was a good thing for me. We'd danced at school dances once or twice, but since she lived 15 miles away and went to a different school, it made her something away from what little of the world I knew. As an introvert this was a bit weird for me but my good friend insisted I should give it a try, and so I caved to peer pressure and asked Maria to dinner.

Maria is older than me by about a year, a five foot tall pale blonde woman who is rail thin. By rail thin, I'm being serious. Not your usual "Hahah, look at her shes so tiny" but size 6 rail thin. As someone who has slow danced with her, I was less than 5 inches away from being able to put my hands completely around her waist, thumb to thumb. And let me tell you, she loved talking. I spoke maybe a dozen times during the whole three hour date.

Now, myself, being a guy who was trying to bounce back from a "soul crushing, I'll never love again, how could this happen to me" 2 year relationship, I was just happy to have a girl in the car. Despite being an absolutely tiny woman, I was happy to be out with someone who shared similar interests, like Magic: The Gathering, Anime, Dagorhir (google it), DnD and other various nerdy things that were enjoyable at that age.

The trip out to the restaurant (All you can eat Chinese buffet, :heysexy: no expenses spared) and the meal was fine, the crazy hit during the return trip. It was casual chit chat as we made the 30 minute drive back.

Blckdrgn: ...and that's why the new butter on movie theater popcorn tastes awful.
Maria: Yeah, I can see that.
Blckdrgn: Nasty.
Maria: So, no one can give me an orgasm.
Blckdrgn: My oth-...wait, what?
Maria: Yeah, all the boys I've been with have never been able to make me orgasm.

I stammered for a moment, partially stunned by the rather sudden personal change in topic, as well as attempting to interpret what message she was getting across here.

Maria: Its a mix of anxiety and the medication that I'm on, but I'm the only one that can make me orgasm, using my vibrator.

19 year old me was attempting to justify this as her coming on to me, but somewhere deep down, a part of me was waving a red flag.

Maria: Which makes me sad, because I get these frequent nightmares and the last time, I threw my vibrator across the room and it broke on the wall. It kept it under my pillow. :ohdear:
Blckdrgn: :stare:
Maria: Can I hold your hand?
Blckdrgn: I...s-sure.
Maria: It makes sex really boring though, my last boyfriend tried for an hour but couldn't do it. I still want kids though, at least a couple. OH! Your aura is a pretty color!

I sat in silent shock for a time as she traced invisible patterns on the back of my hand, explaining to me the differences in colors and how relaxed I seemed. I've been told I can put on a good poker face, but I have no idea how I was doing it then. On the bright side I was on the tail end of a date with someone who was willingly listing out the reasons why I shouldn't follow up with a second date.

Maria: I can control time you know.
Blckdrgn: :aaaaa:
Maria: It's true, can speed up and slow down time. Its part of my domain, I'm a witch you know.
Blckdrgn: Oh, like...wiccan?
Maria: Yes! I did it before we left! That's why the return trip feels faster. I've sped up time. Can you feel it?
Blckdrgn: :stare: Why, yes, I can feel us getting there faster already! *slowly steps on the gas*

By that point we were already close to her house and I happily dropped her off, agreeing (I didn't) with whatever she said as we pulled up the drive, she said she had a good time, I said "I did too!" (I didn't). The usual: "Call me!" "Sure thing, I totally will!" (I didn't). And so I drove home, trying to figure out if I had just skipped out on meeting The Doctor or the start of a really bad anime series. I had little contact with her beyond that point, last I heard she was pregnant and managed to find a permanent partner of some sort.

Sometimes it pays off to choose who you ask out wisely.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

You know a recent ish episode confirmed Time Lords can change sex when regenerating.

Also I know picture Maria looking and sounding just like Ten.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Blckdrgn posted:

she said she had a good time, I said "I did too!" (I didn't).

Oh man, way to waste the perfect time-witch joke opportunity <:mad:>

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
For what it's worth, I also met a girl who claimed that she, too, had 'never had an orgasm.' I had only been talking to her in a bar for maybe a ten minutes at this point and nothing remotely sexual had come up in conversation prior to this, so I got a little weirded out and tried to change the subject. She keeps coming (heh) back to it, and eventually begins openly offering to let me 'give it a shot.' I eventually told her I had to use the bathroom and fled the bar.

I'm wondering how common of an angle this is among crazy people.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Wild T posted:

For what it's worth, I also met a girl who claimed that she, too, had 'never had an orgasm.'

On the whole: Not unusual if you're young--the mechanics of it are less obvious than with guys. It takes practice, if you will.

As a topic of conversation outside of very specific contexts: RUN

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

You think that's bad, a girl in my class thought only boys could orgasm.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
So yesterday I met a class 1 bullshitter. I had one interaction with this guy previously where he seemed quite normal, but at the end he took me aside and in whispered tones asked me if I wanted to learn how to "hack". He said that he had made tens of thousands of dollars this way and that he was only working his poo poo job as a cover. I played along as the alarm bells were ringing in my head.
So yesterday I was waiting outside my house for a package to show up, and captain bullshit rolls up. He starts off by saying, "so, I'm probably going to jail" and then weaves this bizarre tale about how some big 25 year-old native (american) guy beat up his 15 year old sister SO BAD that she is still in the hospital 5 months later. So of course, he had to get revenge. He told me that he caught up with this guy late at night and hit him over the head with a baseball bat repeatedly and then stabbed him in the gut. You would think that would be sufficient revenge, but no! This guy had to carve pieces of flesh off the other guy and hold them up for his inspection, all while laughing maniacally.
The cherry on top of this whole thing was that he then claimed that he was going to jail... without a trial. The police just served him and then said that he was going in on X day. Playing along, I suggested that he go to the local news to report this injustice. But no, he says, he doesn't trust the news.
Amused, I managed to steer the conversation back to more normal sounding poo poo, but this was interrupted by him yelling out to a passing longboarder that he knew about his impending jail sentence. He then proceeded to lay out basically the same story he told me.
It was, however, the most entertaining pile of crap I have heard in a while.

Edit: I checked the internet regarding points of this story and found nothing about it. You would think that such a serious crime would have been reported on!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Blckdrgn posted:

Time Witch
Wow, that sounds eerily like someone I knew from high school, minus the sexual forwardness. She too was tiny, rail-thin, and did a similar sort of nervous rambling. If the girl I knew didn't have HUGE issues with abandonment and physical contact I'd wonder if it wasn't the same girl.

It almost sounds like a person that is frustrated but has no idea how to approach people, so they come up with this weird oblique scenario. :psyduck:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Mind Loving Owl posted:

You think that's bad, a girl in my class thought only boys could orgasm.

I once spoke with a girl who believed that all female sexual interest/pleasure was the result of pressure by society and that women were naturally asexual when not told by the media that they should want sex. (She was Catholic and apparently had some sort of traumatic history, so it was more :smith: than crazy.) Unfortunately, it only occurred to me years later that I should have asked her what she thought the clitoris was for.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Antivehicular posted:

I should have asked her what she thought the clitoris was for.

Duh, it's the second bellybutton.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

DarkHorse posted:

Wow, that sounds eerily like someone I knew from high school, minus the sexual forwardness. She too was tiny, rail-thin, and did a similar sort of nervous rambling. If the girl I knew didn't have HUGE issues with abandonment and physical contact I'd wonder if it wasn't the same girl.

It almost sounds like a person that is frustrated but has no idea how to approach people, so they come up with this weird oblique scenario. :psyduck:

Did she also claim to be Last of the Time Lords?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Antivehicular posted:

Unfortunately, it only occurred to me years later that I should have asked her what she thought the clitoris was for.

There's a not small contingent of little girls that think it's what you pee out of. I'd bet she thinks the same.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Does she have any explanation for why female orgasms do happen? Also once read this loving scary article by a woman who circumcised her daughters after she had a bad break up. I hope it was a troll.

Mind Loving Owl fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 24, 2012

Fart Jockey
Aug 13, 2010
Since the topic of the thread has steered off to general-crazy-people territory I'll share my story of a customer I met at work. I probably only encountered him twice, but he was also a master weaver of bullshit.

It was a typical slow weekday evening in my electronics section at the big-box store, so when this short guy came up to make friendly conversation I was too happy to listen so my shift could crawl a little faster. He started out saying something about how his daughter was in some other section of the store so he was just browsing around wasting time, then started talking in detail about how his life became so hard since he was unfairly discharged from the Canadian military. Without even asking, he continues on about how he was part of a top-secret military group that did top-secret stuff, where he saw horrible unspeakable things that messed him up psychologically. He vaguely described how the government used him and spat him back out, after he did multiple heroic things and was a master of several guns and weapons, and due to the top-secret nature of his job, was quickly fired.

"Yeah, and if things weren't bad enough, I just found out I have a daughter, and she's living with me now. I don't make enough money to support a kid, the mother ran back to China. So now I have to teach her about her period. How do I teach her about her period?"

So I shook my head, "Sounds tough" was pretty much all I could get in between all his stories. As he went on to describe his daughter though, things continued to get creepier and sillier. I would have been genuinely concerned for his 'daughter' had I believed for a second she was real.

At 12 years old, she was 6 feet tall and had "gigantic boobs." Because she's Chinese, she is a computer expert and builds computers, and is much higher educated than her classmates because of her schooling back in China. She has long flowing red hair, and is so beautiful that he "has to shout at all the black kids creeping around" the house and is very protective over her. He kept steering back to asking me how he should talk to her about sex and periods. "I dunno? Talk to her?" "Okay but what should I say? I need to find a way to explain to her about boys and how they're after her, I mean, she's incredibly beautiful and her big boobs are very distracting to boys, I'm thinking of putting her in an all-girl school. Looking after her with all these boys after her is so hard! How do I shop for bras with her?"

Its been about 2 hours and he's been yacking to other customers I'm trying to help, like he's my coworker, and I've had more than enough. (Made his Playstation elitism clear to someone buying an Xbox) I ask for maybe the 8th time "so is your daughter waiting for you?" Without a cellphone or anything he then changes his story that his daughter is waiting for him at home so he has all night to talk. By now I have a coworker phoning me if I'm being harassed or not, and I'm at loss at what to say, the guy isn't threatening but I can't stand around for another 2 hours while there are managers around. He says something like "heh, I guess I'm getting you in trouble with your boss huh? Well I don't wanna get you in trouble." "Yeah its my boss. I gotta get back to work." "Heh, yep, I understand. I once had a boss blah blah blah-"

He talks about his hot daughter some more, and his big anime collection, and then his hentai and porn collection and how its so huge "how am I going to hide it all, I mean, she's naturally curious at her age"

Half an hour and another concerned phone call later and he finally goes away. Coworker comes by "oh my god what was all that about?" I tell her its not a big deal but he was really weird and had no concept of wasting other people's time. He comes by again a week later while I'm really busy helping customers with my coworkers, and tries to strike up a conversation as I'm pushing a heavy cart to the backroom. He follows me all the way back there while I'm trying to outrun him, ducking my head down so he gets the idea that I'M BUSY. "Heh, busy day huh? ...In a real rush huh? You won't believe the kind of day I've had-" I disappear behind the swinging doors to the back room, thankful for their magic barrier that separates employee from customer. Talking to coworkers that week revealed other hilarious stories about being talked to death about his daughter's sick bewbs and some other wild story of throwing lots of grenades at once. Our store is across the street from the mall, and apparently he got banned from the property. No one had seen him hanging out with a supermodel though. One of my more slower coworkers, when asking if he'd encountered the weird guy, said "oh, yeah. But you shouldn't make fun of him, he's got like army medals and stuff."

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

^That may be one of the creepiest things on this thread.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Mind Loving Owl posted:

^That may be one of the creepiest things on this thread.

What do you mean, "may"?

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Blckdrgn posted:

Maria: I can control time you know.

I'll be honest, I skim a lot of these stories because they tend to be so repulsive and depressing, but I actually read through this one and I completely lost it at this line. The slow progression of slightly more and more unusual statements leading up to this is amazing. I'm a screenwriter and I'm not sure I could write a scene as hilariously awkward if I tried.

Clockroach
Dec 12, 2010
I’ve been really wanting to write about my high school boyfriend for this thread a while now, but been holding back. Because the story of James is just as munch about me as it is about him. It's a twisted, melodramatic high school nerd romance. I like to think that I got better, and have a hard time stomaching, not only what I was willing to believe, but how I was willing to act on those beliefs.
I'll try to keep it light, possibly funny, because there are some genuinely tragic moments. He had a tough life and I just kept making bad decisions.

So.

I started high school in 2003, as a skinny girl who had already become an “expert” in not only Wicca, but Yu-Gi-Oh! (anime AND card game yeah I was cool.) I had one friend and we joked about which anime guys we “claimed”, but we didn’t think they were real or astral marry them. But I WAS friends-with-benefits with a handsome fae/nature spirit, who was totally not something I made up to deal with my budding sexuality. Still, I didn’t tell my friend or anyone else about “Angel”. I'm only mentioning "him" now so you have an idea of what kind of a narrator you're working with.

James was tall, super skinny, and had really greasy ponytail. He saw me and my friend playing Yu-Gi-Oh! one morning and was totally impressed that GIRLS would play GAMES. He played a round with me, in which I caught him purposefully taking it easy on me. When I called him out, he wiped the floor with me. I was impressed. I had also never seen a guy with long hair before. I thought, “Wow, he’s just like Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho.”

It was, like, destiny or something.

We didn’t get together right away… in fact, I really don’t remember how it happened. I do know that there was some awkward teenage flirting coming from me, but James wasn’t really interested until I told him that I’d never had a boyfriend before. He became pretty invested in the idea of being a “good first boyfriend”. I wasn’t sure what I wanted, so that sounded okay. “First” implied that he wasn’t going to be the “only”.

Our time together started out with just sticking around at school after everyone else had gone home. It was something I had done to take advantage of the free internet, which James did as well. But he also mentioned that his uncle wouldn’t be back until late at night, and he didn’t have a key to the house.

So when the library got boring, we would wander around the halls, maybe even the football field- if no one was practicing. “I’m pretty impressed by the power levels at this school. “ James mentioned one day. “At my last school they were kinda low. But here, some are even in the thousands!” I was curious. I had James explain to me about Chi, or Ki. Ki is energy- some people have more of it than others. If you practice, you can make it into balls which you throw. James had even managed to shoot a beam once. His friend (from the old school) said that he could see it, like when one can see heat off a sidewalk. This technique was called a “Commie Ha-Ha”. Would I like to see?

I was skeptical, but James got into position. He made a lot of grunting noises, facing his palms together. He says “rrrrrrrRRRRRRRRR-Dragonbeam!” and snaps his palms towards a line of trees across the field.

Nothing happens. James looks a little dejected. “I guess it didn’t work.”
And what do I say? “Yeah, that’s not how Tai-Chi works” or even “Thanks for being my first boyfriend; I want to see other people.” No.

I take the opportunity to stab his self-esteem, and say “Maybe you should practice more before you try to impress me.” :smug:

Years after we do break up, I watch Dragon Ball Z and feel really dumb all over again. Because this is not the craziest thing James will say or attempt, by far. It's just the first.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

I wish to learn more.

Cathis
Sep 11, 2001

Me in a hotel with a mini-bar. How's that story end?
Just a short one-

When I was ~16/17, I had a boyfriend named Justin. He looked exactly like Keanu Reeves (at the time) and I thought he could do no wrong. I met him in a mosh pit at a Young Methodists party, of all things.

One night he told me on the phone that walking home through a park, he had been approached by a coven of vampires who wanted him to join them. He said no, because he was too young and wanted to enjoy life more. He told me this in absolute seriousness.

Yeah, those Fullerton vampires, they are serious poo poo, man.

I dated him on and off for years, he'd dump me for some other girl and then I'd go back, but the last straw was him picking up on my best friend and then trying to convince her to be with him. Fortunately, she was a far better best friend than he was a boyfriend. Years later, he was living with our mutual friend- and as far as I know the cops are still looking for him, after stealing thousands of dollars in corsets from his girlfriend at the time, some "mysterious" breakins at his work where computers got stolen, and him vanishing completely. I was, to say the least, not surprised.

I never did find out what he'd done with the corsets :)

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Clockroach posted:

Years after we do break up, I watch Dragon Ball Z and feel really dumb all over again. Because this is not the craziest thing James will say or attempt, by far. It's just the first.
Please keep the stories coming. :allears:

Clockroach
Dec 12, 2010

sweeperbravo posted:

I wish to learn more.

Well, it's a silly game, but brilliant marketing. It took me years of playing and losing to realize that it has nothing to do with strategy, but constantly buying the new and better cards that they never stop putting out. I was a spoiled kid but my parents refused to buy me a cards, so I never had the money to put into it. While it was a big part of our relationship, it's not going to come up any more after this, because it stayed a simple hobby.

---

After his failed Kamehameha, James assured me that he could still make Ki Balls. He even let me feel one. He pantomimed holding a ball in his hands, and grunted a little more softly than he had for the dragon beam. I put my hand between his. I could totally feel it. (TOTALLY) I said, “Huh, that’s neat. So how much practice did that take? It’s actually kind of impressive that you can do this so young.”

James smiled at me. “I’m a bit special.” He explained. “You see… I’m the Golden Warrior. I’m destined to be a hero.” James was a bit vague on what the Golden Warrior was supposed to do, or what the destiny actually was. He knew that he was exceptionally good with Ki, for a regular mortal, but as he grew up he was only going to get more powerful. (Regular practice would be needed.) He was going to be needed for some crisis that was yet to occur, to save humanity. But it’s hard to tell what the future holds.

“Well, there’s not much we can really do but wait, then, is there?” I said. He agreed, and we walked around the school some more, talking about Yu-Gi-Oh!

-

While this was how we spent most of our time, it wasn’t something that we could do every day. While finding places to make out was pretty fun, there were still a lot of after school activities that went on after hours. Some we got involved in, like the book club (since we were in the library all the time anyway) but I could never figure out the sports teams schedules, and we got “caught” by them more than once.
Nothing happened other than some jeering, which I could laugh off, but I learned about James insecurity when it comes to athletes. Part of it was your typical nerd rage, and he certainly thought himself smarter than them. At one point he asked me in a meek voice if, heaven forbid we should break up, could I promise not to date anyone bigger than him?

I stared for a little bit. I want to reiterate that James wasn’t fat. It occurred to me that while he could eat a lot, he didn’t actually eat often. He was gaunt. He was tall, but it was going to be really hard to even find someone that wasn’t bigger. Also, he was no artist, but whenever we drew our lovely anime personas as teenagers are wont to do, he always looked like a Super Saiyan. (I knew what one looked like, at least.)
“Don’t you… don’t you work out a lot? What about the Golden Warrior training?” I asked.

“That’s energy, not muscles.” He said sadly. James had a serious physical illness. It was not something made up for attention, so I won’t spend too much time on it. He couldn’t actually join any sports for risk of injury. This was why it was so vital that he practice his Ki, because as the Golden Warrior he had this weakness.:smith:

-

(I’ll break this up here so I can figure out where to go next. I don’t title my stories, but I’ll probably write about how Romantic movies and anime warped both of our views on relationships and his nutty family. I understand the “just post” mentality but the romance part will be pretty short, and while I think his family was all awful people, I feel like talking about them falls into breaking privacy. It’s all for background before we head into Faerie Gateways and summoning Digimon, so I need to pick and choose what I put in.)

Aryn Coltzien
Jun 5, 2011

Clockroach posted:

Faerie Gateways and summoning Digimon

This is the reason this thread was created. Craziness like this is perfect.

I'm pretty grateful that while my first boyfriend was nerdy and clingy, he was also obsessive about hygiene. He never suffered from greasy long hair syndrome. I'm pretty sure his hair was nicer than mine.

He also (as far as I know) did not believe Final Fantasy 7 was real, or that he was soulbonded with Tifa. He was pretty fond of some weird hentai, unfortunately, but I feel that comes with the territory of dating an anime nerd. I'm thankful that's all it was, now that I'm seeing how bad it could've been. :stare:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Clockroach posted:

Well, it's a silly game, but brilliant marketing. It took me years of playing and losing to realize that it has nothing to do with strategy, but constantly buying the new and better cards that they never stop putting out. I was a spoiled kid but my parents refused to buy me a cards, so I never had the money to put into it. While it was a big part of our relationship, it's not going to come up any more after this, because it stayed a simple hobby.

Lol. Bad summarizing quote on my end. I meant "I wish to learn more about your relationship with this individual."

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Well figured out who Mary Magdelene is. Her family found that the "boring school stuff" was loli porn. Jesus then urged them to have love and tolerance and not to kink shame.

"Let he who hath not clopped, cast the first stone"

Clockroach
Dec 12, 2010
I just found out I’m getting more hours in my job, and this is after I ran around town turning applications to try for a second job. So I need to get a move on this story, while I still have free time! I was starting to write about James' family but then I remembered this incident, that shouldn't be forgotten.

Okay, so like I said, we couldn’t always be spending our time at school. However, there really wasn’t anywhere else to go. James bounced around houses a lot, and they weren't always hospitable. Early on, I would call him while he was at his mother’s house, and I would hear a lot of yowling in the background. At least one cat in heat, perhaps others responding to it?

“It’s annoying, but we can’t afford to spay her.” James explained, as I heard some shuffling and door slamming while he tried to find a quiet place to have a phone conversation.

“Well, why’d you adopt them then?”

“We didn’t. They just keep showing up, and we really don’t want to let them starve, yanno? We keep them in the garage most of the time. She’s in the house because we just don’t want any more kittens right now.”

“But I hear other cats, is the door really close?”

“No, we have a few special ones.” I heard some love in James’ voice. “I was really very lonely a while ago. I was watching Digimon,” (this story is foreshadowing) “and I just really wanted a companion. So I did a lot of visualizing and putting energy into the universe. In about a week, we found a litter of kittens in the garage. One was albino.” James said albino with some severity.

“He sounds pretty.”

“He is! Mom says that the Native Americans say that albino animals are spirit creatures. He came to be my spirit animal.”

“Oh, I get it, you did a manifestation!” I said. “My mom just handed me some books about that. If you put forth enough psychic energy, and think positively, and stop doubting, you can make anything happen. Angels will come and give you what you need. And… wow, that cat is still really loud.”

“Shaddup!” James yelled away from the phone, but it didn’t help.

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
I enjoy your writing style C. Roach, please continue at your leisure!

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
Well, what do you know, minus the anime bit, it happens to celebrities too.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Jorghnassen posted:

That ghost needs to get checked for venereal disease.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Jorghnassen posted:

You know I wonder if this is like delayed trauma in response to her fiancée dying... Or just Ke$ha.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Jorghnassen posted:

Normally I wouldn't buy this, but I'll believe Ke$ha had sex with just about anything.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
This is my favourite thread on SA by far. Would love to see more stories Uglynoodles, as time permits of course :shobon: . Hope you find a job and a good place to stay, being without either is, needless to say, really lovely and I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

Anyways, I've had the good fortune of not having met any crazies like others have, but the stories in this thread have certainly made me avoid the 'Manganime' club at university like the loving plague. Well, there was one dude in high school that thought he was Sonic the Hedgehog "FOR REALZ GUIZ MKAY" but everyone thought he was stupid and we ended up teasing him enough for him to leave the school for another one :smug:

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Jorghnassen posted:

Ke$ha posted:

rehabilitating baby lions

So ghost-loving is what it takes to hang out with lion cubs? Gee, I don't like ghost sex very much, but I do like baby lions. I'm torn, here. :( And how do you even make a ghost mating call?

• Locked thread