Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

What did she answer that needed to be scripted? Nothing seemed that crazy of an answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PepeSilvia
Mar 17, 2009

The most shocking part of this episode for me was that now we finally know where the Would You Rather theme is from... unless it was mentioned before some other time and I missed it.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

PepeSilvia posted:

The most shocking part of this episode for me was that now we finally know where the Would You Rather theme is from... unless it was mentioned before some other time and I missed it.

they haven't discussed it but the engineer has let it run long so that Nathan Lane starts the opening monologue.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Scott mentions it's a Sondheim song some time in one of the first ~dozen times they played it, but doesn't say which

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

deadkiller615 posted:

What did she answer that needed to be scripted? Nothing seemed that crazy of an answer.
She came up with the answer to that lateral thinking puzzle, but it might be fairly well-known.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

I always thought about what I'd do if I were out at a theater and the Would You Rather music started playing and how I'd furiously look around for someone who might recognize it from CBB

Then I remembered the chances of me being in a theater like that are ~0%

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Max22 posted:

She came up with the answer to that lateral thinking puzzle, but it might be fairly well-known.

It's fairly well known, but that bit was certainly scripted.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

dog poop n doritos posted:

I always thought about what I'd do if I were out at a theater and the Would You Rather music started playing and how I'd furiously look around for someone who might recognize it from CBB

Then I remembered the chances of me being in a theater like that are ~0%

Just start singing "Jeremy Piven" and see who sings along.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Lamuella posted:

This podcast is a sham! :argh:

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Wow this episode was great. I've only found the last couple of eps quite funny (relying a bit more on Improv4Humans for belly laughs) but man everyone was on top form. Poehler is amazing at improv, Adomian has brilliant characters that never stop being funny and Jason has such great banter with Scott that I wouldn't mind having him as a permenant co-host.

I DON'T CARE!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Lugaloco posted:

Wow this episode was great. I've only found the last couple of eps quite funny (relying a bit more on Improv4Humans for belly laughs) but man everyone was on top form. Poehler is amazing at improv, Adomian has brilliant characters that never stop being funny and Jason has such great banter with Scott that I wouldn't mind having him as a permenant co-host.

I DON'T CARE!
Someone better than me should do a catch-all Earwolf thread. How Did This Get Made and Improv4Humans are amazingly hilarious. Especially the latest Improv.

Them laughing out of character when she explains that forks are just spoons with holes in them (you know, sideways holes) had me wiping tears.
And the ever-going-deeper drug high.
"I'm binoculars, tell everybody about me!"

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

Lamuella posted:

I really don't think so but OK :)

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
There is no way they 'scripted' one of Scott's lovely little games.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

jyrka posted:

There is no way they 'scripted' one of Scott's lovely little games.

I know, I can't believe all these people saying it was scripted. They seemed to genuinely fumble for answers and spend time thinking. Sure, it could have just been brilliant acting, but why would they bother for the podcast? None of the answers seemed too ridiculous to me, FWIW.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Apex Rogers posted:

I know, I can't believe all these people saying it was scripted.
They just can't get their heads around improv, I guess. I'd like to see them grilling all the performers after an asssscat, "come on, that was all pre-written, right?!"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I don't know if that's sarcastic but Scott's said that he and Neil Campbell script all those stupid little bits/games

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The only way to tell if it was scripted or not is to figure out if Amy got the maths right.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Does it matter if it's scripted? It was hilarious, the episode is a classic and I don't think anyone doubts that Amy is very funny.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

indigi posted:

I don't know if that's sarcastic but Scott's said that he and Neil Campbell script all those stupid little bits/games

Well, I mean, it's scripted in the sense that asking Jason the easy questions and Amy the hard ones was probably going to always make them react in the way that they did (because they get the joke).

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I'm going to have that Tom Leykis theme stuck in my head for a week now aren't I?

Do ba-do-be dooo

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Apex Rogers posted:

I know, I can't believe all these people saying it was scripted. They seemed to genuinely fumble for answers and spend time thinking. Sure, it could have just been brilliant acting, but why would they bother for the podcast? None of the answers seemed too ridiculous to me, FWIW.

Im pretty sure when people are saying its scripted they mean Amys last answer about the hot air balloon or whatever, and that's it. The rest of them were honest, improvised answers.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Max22 posted:

Well, I mean, it's scripted in the sense that asking Jason the easy questions and Amy the hard ones was probably going to always make them react in the way that they did (because they get the joke).
Yeah I'm sure that's what Scott meant when he said he and Neil write those bits well done my friend

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

What the gently caress is wrong with the whole lot of us?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Uh Scott has gone on record in episode 73 saying that the entire show is written by Bruce Vilanch. A lot of people think it is largely improvised but that's just the result of Bruce's conversational writing style.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

indigi posted:

Yeah I'm sure that's what Scott meant when he said he and Neil write those bits well done my friend

Jing it or Ding it was RIGGED

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Poopy Palpy posted:

Just start singing "Jeremy Piven" and see who sings along.

I can't help but to do this every. single. time.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

How are u posted:

I can't help but to do this every. single. time.

PIV PIV PIV PIV PIV PIV PIV PIV PIV PIV PIV

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I think everyone here has stopped riding like hell and this is a problem.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Zsinjeh posted:

Someone better than me should do a catch-all Earwolf thread. How Did This Get Made and Improv4Humans are amazingly hilarious. Especially the latest Improv.

I did that. its up now

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3507938 Dammit spiderman, if you're going to bing something, use google.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

What if we found out all the podcasts were heavily scripted? Come on, no one is that funny. I heard Eddie Murphy and Russell Brand ghostwrite for Todd Glass Show.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Murphy used to do the Let's Take a Break bit in like '86

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

TAKIN' A PLANE BREAK!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I think I probably laughed the most at Scott coming back to his "Well, we've been trying for a few months now..." stuff and everyone just ignoring it and talking over him.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Neil and Scott scripting the bits means they come up with the bits then tell them to the guests, not that the guests get a little script. Like Hollywood Facts is scripted, but the guests don't know the swerve answers that scott has in his 'script'.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

jyrka posted:

What if we found out all the podcasts were heavily scripted? Come on, no one is that funny. I heard Eddie Murphy and Russell Brand ghostwrite for Todd Glass Show.
Well they did let us peek a bit behind the scenes in the episode with Allison Brie and Jason Mantzoukas where they accidentally let it slip the whole thing had been a catchphrase someone sent in. Pretty sure it was even sent in from a goon on here.

Comedy is dead.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Yeah, that was my catchphrase. :smuggo:

Seriously, though, the last 2 times Jason's been on, he's done the "Is this still the catchphrase?" joke, and I laughed just as hard as I did the first time. It didn't go for quite as long this time, though.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

A friend of a friend swears that the Simpsons writers moonlight for Maron.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Everything is predetermined, free will doesn't exist, and the concept of improv is a farce.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Bobby Malone posted:

Everything is predetermined, free will doesn't exist, and the concept of improv is a farce.

I read this in Brett Gelman's voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Maarak posted:

I read this in Brett Gelman's voice.

I AM NOT DOING WELL!!