Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
So I painted a Storm Raven for Ravenwing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Smegmalicious posted:

Also can someone confirm/deny that Forge World is transitioning from resin to Finecast?

What's the difference? I always thought Finecast was resin, just with bad quality control.

Shosuro
Nov 30, 2007

JerryLee posted:

What's the difference? I always thought Finecast was resin, just with bad quality control.
It seems like some sort of hybrid of resin and plastic.

...though now I'm starting to doubt whether my new Canoptek Acanthrites are resin or Finecast...

AgentF
May 11, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gUyUu1SMkw&t=3m40s

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

^^^ Like this, but its your mouth, and shit comes out of it.

"edit: Oh neat, babby's first avatar. Kind of a convoluted metaphor but eh..."

No, shit is actually extruding out of your mouth, and your'e a pathetic dick, shut the fuck up.
FW stuff already has so many problems, I'd hate to see it with finecast. They are great with customer service and all, but still. I don't want to call 5 times to get pieces that aren't screwed up.

Seems like GW is just going to ram finecast down everyone's throat to prove a point instead of listening to customer feedback. Has there been any positive response to finecast aside from "Well once in a while they aren't hosed up."? It's nice to not work with metal anymore, but as someone ignorant about casting: Why couldn't they use plastic in the same moulds the used to use for metal? Why was the transition from metal to "resin" necessary as opposed to from metal to plastic?

edit: And to be fair, the problems with finecast / FW stuff are nothing compared to some of the things scale modelers have to deal with, I dunno how the hell they get by.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Honey Badger posted:

FW stuff already has so many problems, I'd hate to see it with finecast. They are great with customer service and all, but still. I don't want to call 5 times to get pieces that aren't screwed up.

I seriously don't understand how you have so many problems with FW stuff. What models are you having problems with? I have TONS of FW and I have only had a couple of minor problems. One with a door for a rhino that had a small miscast and another with a small piece from my Warhound Titan.

The Thunderhawk is being assembled now - so not sure if there are problems with it yet, but I don't count on it.

I certainly have never had to call them more than once to get something replaced with a correct and quality piece...

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Smegmalicious posted:

Also can someone confirm/deny that Forge World is transitioning from resin to Finecast?

They are not.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

JerryLee posted:

Finecast is a particular recipe of resin, one they've had particular QA problems with. FW currently (formerly?) uses their own recipe. There isn't really a standard, companies mix up whatever they want. It's a balancing act of strength vs ability to hold sharp detail vs propensity for miscasts.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Honey Badger posted:

Seems like GW is just going to ram finecast down everyone's throat to prove a point instead of listening to customer feedback. Has there been any positive response to finecast aside from "Well once in a while they aren't hosed up."? It's nice to not work with metal anymore, but as someone ignorant about casting: Why couldn't they use plastic in the same moulds the used to use for metal? Why was the transition from metal to "resin" necessary as opposed to from metal to plastic?

edit: And to be fair, the problems with finecast / FW stuff are nothing compared to some of the things scale modelers have to deal with, I dunno how the hell they get by.

A lot of it also depends on the Finecast model you get. Models that used to be metal are more likely to have miscasts and fuckups since they're not designed for the process. Actual Finecast sets tend to be better, but still suffer from some QC problems. The Finecast blisters at my FLGS are all flawless as far as I can tell, and my 25th anniversary dude has a tiny bubble under his pant leg but nothing else.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Dominion posted:

Finecast is a particular recipe of resin, one they've had particular QA problems with. FW currently (formerly?) uses their own recipe. There isn't really a standard, companies mix up whatever they want. It's a balancing act of strength vs ability to hold sharp detail vs propensity for miscasts.

I would also point out that FW uses different types of resins for different types of models. The resin used for tanks is different than that used for Characters, whcih is different than that used for Titans and such.

The problem with Finecast quality isn't so much the type of resin used, it's the process that has been used.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

SRM posted:

A lot of it also depends on the Finecast model you get. Models that used to be metal are more likely to have miscasts and fuckups since they're not designed for the process. Actual Finecast sets tend to be better, but still suffer from some QC problems. The Finecast blisters at my FLGS are all flawless as far as I can tell, and my 25th anniversary dude has a tiny bubble under his pant leg but nothing else.

I really wish that this was the case around me. So far, I've yet to get a nice finecast model.

Three different characters, all flawed. Some of them I've had to call 2 or 3 times till I finally get one that I'll deal with. Still have some pretty ridiculous air bubbles or parts of the figures missing. Sometimes its like a whole arm is honeycombed with air bubbles, other times it's cables or tubes missing, shoulders missing. Ive even had models where the whole surface is rippled or rough. Frustrating as hell. It seems like EVERY Necron model has casting issues.

That being said, I've seen what perfect finecast looks like, and it's beautiful. It's just a shame that they're so rare.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I wish I had money in my paypal account, I found 5 DV Deathwing Terminators on ebay for $14.00. This has to be one of those that is too good to be true.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/dark-vengea...=item2a231ad527

e: vvv I'm the same way in Wilmington, NC. I've gotten to play a single game since moving here, since everyone here decided that Warmachine/Hordes was the greatest thing ever :( I've been playing Dawn of War 2 in the meantime, but it's just not the same :smith:

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 20, 2012

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Any goons play in the San Jose, CA area? I've recently moved back (from the East Bay), and I can't for the life of me find reliable people to get games in with.

I like to have games arranged before I head somewhere to play, and I'm having difficulty finding people here. The hour long drive to the East Bay to play is fine, but gas is annoyingly expensive.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

Ghost Hand posted:

I would also point out that FW uses different types of resins for different types of models. The resin used for tanks is different than that used for Characters, whcih is different than that used for Titans and such.

The problem with Finecast quality isn't so much the type of resin used, it's the process that has been used.

That first part is interesting, I didn't know that. I like FW stuff a lot and now that GW prices are so high, FW doesn't seem so ludicrous.

That second thing you said is blatantly untrue. ONE of the problems with Finecast is the process. That's all the bubbling and stuff unless I'm mistaken. The other big problem is that the stuff is junky, soft, bendy and will melt in moderately hot temperatures. It also seems unable to hold a straight loving line.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Mango Polo posted:

Made of pure iron. If you can't destroy an enemy with the power of the Fellblade's guns, literally destroy them with the power of weight.

It would probably weigh as much as this thing did.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
You shouldn't be able to use the word "only" in the same sentence as "$649.99".

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Slimnoid posted:

It would probably weigh as much as this thing did.

I'm trying to think if my favorite detail is the cute little windshield wipers on the front or the fact that each gun has a Space Marine gunner on the outside manning the turret. That was a model that was too heavy to actually hold together, and most of the time they would collapse under their own weight.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

AgentF posted:

You shouldn't be able to use the word "only" in the same sentence as "$649.99".

It's even crazier when you think how little the regular kits cost back then compared to now.

Also I love how there's a cannon mounted on the top, definitely the best place to put a cannon on an aircraft.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

SRM posted:

I'm trying to think if my favorite detail is the cute little windshield wipers on the front or the fact that each gun has a Space Marine gunner on the outside manning the turret. That was a model that was too heavy to actually hold together, and most of the time they would collapse under their own weight.

The windshield wipers, definitely. They've got that gaudy shade of pink that the official studio models were practically slathered in during the 80's and 90's.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Why isn't GW as amusing as they were back then. The advert is basically telling you not to buy it because you are sure to stab yourself repetitively before throwing the half completed, blood and glue saturated hunk of metal at the wall, and crying into your cheetos.

Now they seem to be taking things much more seriously, which isn't as entertaining.

Oh, and one more quick question. Is anyone else confused by Mat Ward's outfit in the rulebook? On one hand, you have the guy he is playing against wearing normal clothing. Then you get to Mat who is wearing dress pants, a dress shirt, a fancy vest, and a pocket watch chain. Who the hell plays with ham dressed like that? It looks like he is preparing to fill out the expense reports for his necrons post battle.

Edit: Look what I found.
$200 (Cause he doesn't know what he has?)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40K-Space-Marine-Forge-World-Thunderhawk-Prototype-/350601349147?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51a178081b

$660
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40K-oop-metal-Space-Marine-Thunderhawk-/280758014070?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415e7b5076

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

jadebullet posted:

Oh, and one more quick question. Is anyone else confused by Mat Ward's outfit in the rulebook? On one hand, you have the guy he is playing against wearing normal clothing. Then you get to Mat who is wearing dress pants, a dress shirt, a fancy vest, and a pocket watch chain. Who the hell plays with ham dressed like that? It looks like he is preparing to fill out the expense reports for his necrons post battle.

Mat Ward is very fashion-forward, as you can tell by the fedora and ponytail he sports in many photographs

AgentF
May 11, 2009
You've misspelled "impaired".

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Just wondering what you guys think of Chapterhouse minis. I was thinking of getting their Stormraven upgrade kit for my stormravens that I plan on getting in order to make them look less stumpy.

Edit: Also, how feasible would it be, from a modeling standpoint, to mount the guns normally in the turret under the wings? (Using a different kit, of course. Probably the one from FW for the Valk.)

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

jadebullet posted:

Just wondering what you guys think of Chapterhouse minis. I was thinking of getting their Stormraven upgrade kit for my stormravens that I plan on getting in order to make them look less stumpy.

Edit: Also, how feasible would it be, from a modeling standpoint, to mount the guns normally in the turret under the wings? (Using a different kit, of course. Probably the one from FW for the Valk.)

I've bought these for my minotaurs (http://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=85_112&product_id=218) and they were too large for marine bodies so I didn't use them

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

That was a hell of a WAAAGH.

I'm just pleased to finally hear someone say it properly. The other ork player here calls it "wug" or "warg" :orks:

Bionic Psyker
Apr 23, 2009
Well, I had my first 6th edition game tonight. It was a 2v2 matchup, we didn't care about the allies matrix because it was just a friendly game. 1000pts each, My CSM and Blood Ravens vs Necrons and Tau.

It was pretty fun but we conceded in round 3. We were playing The Relic, deployed on the short ends with a crappy terrain setup. We agreed to use soft lists as it was my first time, so I used the original TSons/CSM/Defiler/Pred setup I had posted. Funnily enough the other team forgot to bring soft lists so we ended up facing a Tau gunline with broadsides and a necron CC list while my side both had generalist lists. By the end of round 2 I was down to an empty rhino and my sorceror, who wiped out Obyron's unit with a Psychic scream and jumped around having fun with Gate of Infinity.

All in all, it was a good time. I lost pretty badly but I still enjoyed it, and picked up a lot of rules and tactics.

Funnily enough we had the exact argument that popped up earlier in this thread when the defiler's battle cannon scattered out of his line of sight, and we had to stop and dig out the rulebook so I could convince the Necron player that his single warrior would have to roll an armor save. Good times.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Any goons play in the San Jose, CA area? I've recently moved back (from the East Bay), and I can't for the life of me find reliable people to get games in with.

I like to have games arranged before I head somewhere to play, and I'm having difficulty finding people here. The hour long drive to the East Bay to play is fine, but gas is annoyingly expensive.

I live in Morgan Hill and I have an extended group of 40k players that range from Sunnyvale to San Jose. I would be happy to introduce you to some of them to see if it is a good fit. We can meet at Game Kastle or something in the near future if you are interested. I work in Sunnyvale so it is on my way home.

You can reach me at carl@theindependentcharacters.com

Did you play at Endgame Oakland when you were in the East Bay?

Smegmalicious posted:

That first part is interesting, I didn't know that. I like FW stuff a lot and now that GW prices are so high, FW doesn't seem so ludicrous.

That second thing you said is blatantly untrue. ONE of the problems with Finecast is the process. That's all the bubbling and stuff unless I'm mistaken. The other big problem is that the stuff is junky, soft, bendy and will melt in moderately hot temperatures. It also seems unable to hold a straight loving line.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. I own many Finecast models and I have only, to date had one issue. This was due to me leaving a model in my car in 90degree weather. Even that being the case, this resulted in me having to straighten out a staff on the model. The model was leaning against the staff in my case and the hot temperature did soften it enough to change its shape.

The fact the the resin is "bendy" is a good thing imho. It reduces breakage from brittle resin. I have had no problems achieving a straight line on Finecast models by running them under hot water and straightening them out. This is pretty common for resin all around.

All of that said, it is never a good idea to leave ANY resin model, let alone plastic model in a car in hot weather.

I'm not trying to sell you on Finecast - you have already made your decision. I am simply stating my experience with the product. I am apparantly incredibly lucky because I simply have not had the negative experiences that everyone states on the Internet. I have had friends that have had bad experiences. So I'm not saying people are making this poo poo up. Again I am just talking about my experiences.

Ghost Hand fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 20, 2012

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Honey Badger posted:

It's nice to not work with metal anymore, but as someone ignorant about casting: Why couldn't they use plastic in the same moulds the used to use for metal? Why was the transition from metal to "resin" necessary as opposed to from metal to plastic?

Plastic molds require higher temperatures and pressures than metal/resin molds. Plastic molds are typically made from stainless steel and are orders of magnitude more costly. We're talking tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars. By contrast, metal/resin molds are typically a much cheaper soft silicone-style material.

not lame!
May 9, 2006
STYLE!
I don't know how reliable information about finecast is from a GW person, but according to my local GW, the original quality control guy for finecast got fired due to the shittiness of the first lot, and it's all better now. However, the mistrust is still there, so at my local GW when I buy a finecast I can open it and inspect the hell out of it before taking it away. Any problems and I can get a replacement which I can also scrutinize. I don't mean to sound like a total fanboy, as I've only got a dark eldar Archon in finecast, but I've had no problems with him.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think finecast is ok, I've not encountered any major flaws with my models apart from some broken staves and it's easy enough to fix bends with hot water/a hair dryer.

I spose my problem is that the metal models were superior. They didn't have the issues with excess flash, they held their shape bettter and they didn't break as easily. I feel like GW replaced the metal models with a more expensive, yet inferior, product.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
So, I joined a gaming club recently. Great set-up with loads of players, insane amounts of terrain and tables to spare.

I have been smashed each time I play because I suck at the game, but the last game I played I was ruined without making a horrible mistake.

I played Hammer and Anvil and that deployment type sucks balls. One battlewagon made it past halfway.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Smegmalicious posted:

So they're seriously making new models Finecast. This drives me loving crazy. I don't think I can buy any more Finecast. I hate the stuff, the detail is great but its inferior in every way to the current GW plastics. They've shown they can make more limited run stuff in plastic, like the DV special character, so why bother continuing to make things out of Finecast?

I seriously don't want droopy bent poo poo. I don't think I have a single Finecast model which has straight lines. Swords especially are always bent, but so are bolters, shins, arms, standards, etc.

The DV chaplain isn't limited anything. Mark my words, it'll be out as a single-model plastic blister with the DA release. The only 'limited' element was the slightly more expensive DV set containing it.

Finecast-wise I have no idea how you have so many problems, I've had absolutely none, even with thin models like Lelith. I upgraded from metal Lysander to Finecast and the model was noticeably nicer to work with and more sharply detailed. Straight lines abound.

jadebullet posted:

I loving hate Chapterhouse. To me 99% of their stuff looks poorly cast, poorly sculpted (since we're on the topic of straight lines, I'm not sure their sculptor knows what one is) and the presentation (blurry photos with bad lighting) is piss poor. I also think the owner is kind of a oval office - everyone else worked the game out straight away, you wink-wink nudge-nudge sell 'parts for 28mm heroic scale models' and 'sci-fi knights' and you're pretty much covered. A lot of manufacturers - MaxMini and Puppet's War spring to mind - have done pretty cool stuff that works for 40k but is actually creative and interesting. Chapterhouse literally made 'Black Templars shoulder pads, but bad' or 'Salamander shoulder pads with huge chunky details that we painted like poo poo' and then that loving Tervigon, while loudly crowing that they were untouchable. gently caress them, I hope they get crushed.

I appreciate that doesn't exactly answer your question (fwiw I've seen a few of the Stormraven kits up close and they seem ok).

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
The main thing I remember about them is that "Farseer" that was literally a WFB Slaanesh character with a greenstuff cloak, and an eldar guardian head with gigantic bunny ears.

Also that giant Tyranid vagina.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Seems like BramGaunt read and translated the CSM codex pictures in the new White Dwarf:

quote:

So, I took my time to read those 'scanned' pages from the new dex that are featured in White Dwarf and translated the Psychic powers. Yes, it's actually possible to read those scanned pages. They also have the Profiles and Weapon stats sheets scanned.

So. Here are Pschic Powers and some special rules. (Note that I translate them myself, so names may differ in the actual Codex...)

Armor:
Improvised Armor: 6+ Save
Powerarmor: 3+ Save
Terminator Armor: Same as loyalist
Fleshmetal: 2+ Armor

wargear:

Chaos Bike: SM Bike
Infernal Ammunition: AP3
Mechadrites: +2 A, includes 1 Meltagun and 1 Flamer
Plague Grenades: Mark of Nurgle only - Model carries Offensive and Defensive grenades
Seal of Corruption: 4+ Invulnerable Save
Jetpack

Gifts of Chaos
Aura of Dark Glory: 5+ Invulnerable Save
Gift of Mutation: Ahead of Deployment, roll once on the "Rewards of Chaos" table
Battle-familiar: Model gains 2 additional S4 AP- attacks
Wizard's familiar: Model may reroll failed Psychic tests
Warpblood: Everyime a model with Warpblood suffers an unsaved wound, the unit that caused this wound suffers 1 S3 AP4 hit. (it appears this is not limited to close combat)

Palanquin of Nurgle: Model gains +2 Wounds and +1 Attack and gets the Very bulky special rule
Bloodcrusher of Khorne: Model gains +1 Toughness, +1 Attack and +1 Wound and changes it's unit type to cavallery
Steed of Slaanesh: Model changes it's unit type to cavallery. It runs +3 inces. Gains accurate senses and Outflank special rule and is granted +1 attack
Disk of Tzeentch: Model changes it's unit type to Jetbike and gains +1 Attack

Icons of Chaos
All Icons grant +1 on Combat Resolution
Icon of Revenge: Unit is Fearless
Icon of Flames: Mark of Tzeentch Only: Boltguns, Heavy Boltguns and Bolt Pistols have the Soul Blaze Special Rule
Icon of Rage: Furious Charge, Unit may reroll Charge Distance
Icon of Despair: Mark of Nurgle only: Unit causes Fear
Icon of Ecess: Mark of Slaanesh Only: Unit gains Feel no Pain

Marks of Chaos
Mark of Khorne: Berserker, Counter-attack
Mark of Nurgle: +1 Toughness
Mark of Tzeentch: Invulnerable Saves improved by 1
Mark of Slaanesh: +1 Initiative.

Mark of Nurgle, Mark of Tzeentch, Mark of Slaanesh: If they are given to a psyker, he must chose at least 1 psychic power of the appendant dicipline.

Demonprince Upgrades
Demon of Khorne: Hatred (Demons of Slaanesh), Furious Charge
Demon of Slaanesh: Hatred (Demons of Khorne), Rending, Fleet of Foot, runs +3 inches
Demon of Nurgle: Hatred (Demons of Tzeentch), Slow and Purposefull, Shrouded
Demon of Tzeentch: Hatred (Demons of Nurgle), May Reroll all saves of 1

Psyker: May chose psyonic powers from pyromancy, biomancy or telepathy. If he's a demon of Nurgle, Slaanesh or Tzeentch he must chose at least 1 psycic power from the appendant dicipline.

Vehicle Upgrades:
Destroyer-Blades: Causes D6 S5 AP - hits while performing a Tank shock. If a Unit choses Death or Glory it suffers 2D6 hits instead
Warpflames: All ranged weapons have the Soul Blaze special rule
Whipping Tentacles: Every model suffers -1 attack for each whipping tentacle it has base contact to. (very strange wording here...)
Twin linked Boltgun: Duh.
Siege shield: Vehicle automatically passes dangerous terrain tests
Demon Engine: BS 3. Ignores Crew stunned and Crew shaken on rolls of 2+. When a unit embarks, roll a D6. On a roll of 1 you remove 1 random model as a casulty, and the vehicle regains 1 Hullpoint.
Magma-cutters. If a Maulerfiend with Magmacutters hits with at least one of it's attacks, it generates 1 extra attack. If it hits with all of it's attacks, it generates 2 additional attacks. These attacks have Initiative 1, S8, AP1 and armorbane.
Sonic Blaster: Enemy units within 6" may not perform defensive fire.

Special Rules
Obliterator Weapons: Kyborgs may chose one of the following weapons: Assault Canon, Heavy Flamer,
lasCannon, Multimelta, Twinlinked Flamer, TL Plasmagun or TL meltagun. All obliterators must chose the same weapon. They may not chose the same weapon twice in a row.
Mutilator Weapons: Pick one of the following at the start of any combat phase the mutilator is in close combat: Pair of: Lightning Claws, Chain Fists, Power Swords, Power Mauls. All Mutilators must pick the same weapon, and may not chose the same weapon two combat steps in a row.

Might of the Soulforge: Once per game, at the beginning of a shooting or close combat phase, a model may unleash the might of the Soulforge to reroll all failed to wound/armor penetration rolls. It suffers a glancing hit at a roll of 1 at the end of the phase.

Master of Machines: A Warpsmith may try to repair a friendly vehicle or curse an enemy vehicle.
repair: Needs to be in b2b or within the vehicle. On a roll of 5+ (4+ with mechadrites) he restores a hullpoint or removes one weapon destroyed/immobilized result.
Curse: Shooting attack: 18" range. If it hits, the enemy vehicles weapons have the 'gets hot' special rule.

Psychic powers

Discipline of Tzeentch
Primary Power: Flames of Tzeentch Witchfire, Focus 1
24", S5, AP-, Blast, Inferno (Inferno: Each unsaved wound causes an aditional D3 S3 AP - Hits)

1-2: Gift of Mutation: Blessing: Focus 1:
Friendly Character within 2" suffers a S4 AP-hit and ma roll on the "Rewards of Chaos" table

3-4: Bolt of Corruption: Beam, Focus1
18", S8, AP1, Detonation (If the target is an enemy vehicle and suffers a "Vehicle explodes" result the radius of the blast is 2d6 inches instead of D6 inches)

5-6: Odem of Chaos Witchfire, Focus 2
Template, S1, AP2, Poison (4+), corrosive. (corrosive: Vehicles hit suffer a glancing hit on a roll of 4+)

Discipline of Nurgle
Primary Power: Rot of Nurgle Witchfire, Focus 1
6", Assault D6+1, Poison (4+), S2 AP 5. No effect on models of Nurgle (yes, model of Nurgle is the actual wording.)

1-2: Weapon Virus: Curse, Fokus 1
Range 24". All ranged weapons in the enemy unit have the "gets hot" special rule

3-4: Plagued Present Curse, Fokus 1
Range 48". Enemy unit rolls a D3:
1: Corpsefliesinfestation: -1 attack, shrouded
2: muscular atrophy: -1 Strength, may not run
3: Liquifying Fever: -1 Strength and -1 toughness

5-6: Plagued Wind Fokus 2, Witchfier
12", S1, AP2, Assault 1, Blast (5"), Poison (4+)

Discipline of Slaanesh

Primary Power: Overload Witchfire, warp charge 1
24" S4 AP4 Assault 4, concussive, Blind, Pinning

1-2: hysterical frenzy Blessing, Warp Charge 1
Pick non-vehicle unit within 12" and roll a D3
1: +1 Initiative
2: +1 Strength
3: +1 Attack

3-4: Symphony of Pain Curse, Warp Charge 1
1 Enemy unit within 24 inches gets -1 BS and -1 WS. All ranged weapons directed at this unit get +1 Strength.

5-6: extatic wince Witchfire, warp charge 2
24": S: special, AP - Assault 1.
Every nonvehicle model in the enemy unit suffers 1 hit with its own strength.

quote:

Ooops. Plasma Cannon with Obliterators is in, I just forgot it. And it should be Assault Cannon, not Autocannon. S6 AP4 Heavy4 Rending. The Space Marine thingy.

quote:

The Demon Prince is the only HQ choice with LD9. Everyone else got 10.

Also, he has WS9, BS5, S6, T5, W4, A5, I8. No Special Rules listed, and his save is - in the summary. I guess you can buy him stuff, though.

Slaanesh owns, Tzeentch drools, Nurgle is stupefied he causes Fear instead of granting Feel No Pain. Khorne does what Khorne always does.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Sep 20, 2012

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Corrode posted:

I loving hate Chapterhouse. To me 99% of their stuff looks poorly cast, poorly sculpted (since we're on the topic of straight lines, I'm not sure their sculptor knows what one is) and the presentation (blurry photos with bad lighting) is piss poor.

"Yes, this'll help us sell them!" :shepface:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I really hope those rifle-armed Grimloks can take infernal ammunition.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

Seems like BramGaunt read and translated the CSM codex pictures in the new White Dwarf:

Why is the Daemon Prince I8? Also the Bloodcrusher (I assume Juggernaut) of Khorne is Cavalry? Daemons Bloodcrushers are only Infantry :(.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

AgentF posted:

Why is the Daemon Prince I8? Also the Bloodcrusher (I assume Juggernaut) of Khorne is Cavalry? Daemons Bloodcrushers are only Infantry :(.

Just be glad we have the old version of Breath of Chaos, which owns, and can be taken in ludicrous numbers on flamers/heralds/daemon princes/greater daemons.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Sykic posted:

"Yes, this'll help us sell them!" :shepface:
I'm pretty sure playing the original X-COM in fullscreen on a 24" monitor looks better than those photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yeah, that's part of my apocalypse force, because blastmaster havocs rock and doom sirens on everyone rocks.

• Locked thread