Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jack Does Jihad posted:

If he can do the voice it'll be alright, but otherwise that looks nothing like Hitchcock. Not that that really matters, but they haven't tried to sell the film based on anything else yet.

His Nixon looked nothing like him and he did a really good job. It all depends if Anthony Hopkins gives a poo poo, or if he is just doing it for a castle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I think the more impressive thing is that Ralph Macchio is in the movie.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
I like the Hitchcock poster, mostly for the knife/tie.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Mike Myers is Alfred Hitchcock

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jack Does Jihad posted:

If he can do the voice it'll be alright, but otherwise that looks nothing like Hitchcock. Not that that really matters, but they haven't tried to sell the film based on anything else yet.

Nothing like Hitchcock and nothing like Hopkins. Weird way to go.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Ez posted:

I like the Hitchcock poster, mostly for the knife/tie.

I missed that at first, nice touch. Have to agree he looks like a wax statue though :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HBO is also making a Hitchcock movie, although they're just focusing on the filming of The Birds and how Hitchcock basically tortured Tippi Hedren while filming it. Here's what Toby Jones looks like as Hitchcock:

Edit: Also the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HxMslIwsCZU

Edit2: Forgot to mention, the movie is called The Girl.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 20, 2012

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

muscles like this? posted:

HBO is also making a Hitchcock movie, although they're just focusing on the filming of The Birds and how Hitchcock basically tortured Tippi Hedren while filming it. Here's what Toby Jones looks like as Hitchcock:

Edit: Also the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HxMslIwsCZU

Wow, he looks even less like Hitchcock.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

At least he still looks something like himself instead of the bizarre creature that is Hopcock.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Poor Jones. First Capote, now this.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
Honestly, I'm more interested in Toby Jones playing Hitchcock (presumably standing on a box) than I am in Hopkins doing the same.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

Poor Jones. First Capote, now this.

Nah, his comes out first as its airing in October.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Thought I'd share one of my favourite posters.

Semi-Normal
Oct 9, 2007

Sex is on, yeah?

Mister Chief posted:

Well, that's what happens when a pig comes by Castle Dracula on a Tuesday playing a banjo.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Mister Chief posted:

I feel like there's something missing from this poster.

So is this shaping up to be "Pandering Product Placement: the movie", then?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

A pretty cool poster for a movie for which I have almost no expectation but a lot of hope.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

If you've seen The Sound of My Voice you will know that this cover is not representative of the movie at all.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
This new Creature From the Black Lagoon poster (by Mondo posters) is fantastic:

Mister Chief posted:

Likewise. I have it on the wall between my living room and kitchen:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Secks posted:

Yes, yes it is.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Is the Mondo blog the best place to find out when they're releasing new posters, or is there somewhere else that keeps track of that stuff a bit better?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Their twitter feed but it doesn't matter since they all sell out in minutes.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Alouicious posted:

If the movie doesn't end in the North Hollywood bank shootout I'mma be so mad.

It's based on a three-part article in the Miami New Times:

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/specialReports/pain-and-gain-from-new-times-story-to-michael-bay-film-1890864/

It's a pretty incredible story. The script is apparently a black comedy.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Humboldt squid posted:

So is this shaping up to be "Pandering Product Placement: the movie", then?

Sort of. It's a way to look at it.

It's about video game characters doing their jobs, following a classic arcade villain who's sick of being the bad guy and so escapes his game (I was going to compare the setting to Reboot, but then I remembered it doesn't actually resemble Reboot at all). All the Sega, Capcom, Nintendo etc. characters are cameos from what I know, the main characters are all original but clearly based on games and genres that exist.

I think it really adds to the movie; they could've made all of these background characters Monsters Inc. style completely original characters they just go nuts designing, they could have gone for 'generic but c'mon that's obviously Sonic' characters, and technically that would have worked. But they're going the extra mile, getting full rights to these characters and being as accurate to their game as possible. Does it technically make the movie better by adding Altered Beast characters in walk-on roles? No, but it makes us appreciate the movie a lot more.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Secks posted:

Apart from not having a lagoon anywhere on it.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
What's the best way to incorporate a ghost character into a poster?

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.
If Ghost Dad came out today, it would a) be an instant internet classic because its name is fantastic (just say it out loud. GHOST DAD) and b) it would still be a flop, because see a).

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Jedit posted:

Apart from not having a lagoon anywhere on it.

It's potentially full of lagoons.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I prefer the novelization of Ghost Dad myself.

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about
So we got this one at work today a lot of the younger staff went nuts that this was getting a movie

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Who says Australian cinema is dead?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Most people.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
I get what Bogans are, but what are Housos?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

HoldYourFire posted:

Bobble-headed midgets?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

HoldYourFire posted:

Housing trust.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Legion of One posted:

So we got this one at work today a lot of the younger staff went nuts that this was getting a movie

Good god. There's just... so much on this poster, and it's all so awful. I'm still looking at it, I just... can't take in how garbage this is.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Lizard Combatant posted:

Housing trust.

You mean, State housing? Thanks.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

A new low for Ice-T.

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about
I have not seen the Housos tv show but if this is anything like the Fat pizza movie then this is the type of humor you can expect https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pir_EtQFHZo mind you they did self censer all swear words, which i did find a little odd.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I'm not sure what this other Cedar Rapids movie Ed Helms apparently was in is about.

It looks like it might as well be named "National Lampoon Presents: American Pie's Cedar Rapids Starring the Guy From The Hangover."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I'm not sure what this other Cedar Rapids movie Ed Helms apparently was in is about.

It looks like it might as well be named "National Lampoon Presents: American Pie's Cedar Rapids Starring the Guy From The Hangover."

While I thought Cedar Rapids was a funny movie and Ed Helms was a big part of that, the main character would have made a lot more sense with a younger actor.